Three Reasons Why Women Shouldn't Shave Their Pubic Hair

Ozymandias 2013/05/31 02:57:44
I don't want to beat around the bush-there's nothing wrong with trimming your pubic hair or doing some grooming. But when it comes down to it, shaving your pubic hair has some consequences you may not have considered.

Shaving your pubic hair causes damage to hair follicles.

When you shave your pubic hair, you risk ingrown hairs and nasty red bumps. That's a short-term risk many women are willing to take. But shaving your pubic hair can do lasting damage to that sensitive region.

Think of the skin in your pubic region as containing hundreds of pores and openings for secretions. And then take a moment to think about how much you sweat over the course of an average day.

Damaging the hair follicles in your pubic area means you may experience bouts of bumps, as glands and pores get blocked from the damaged openings. Seriously, do you want bumps down there? Shaving your pubic hair regularly can lead to permanent damage, which means you'll be susceptible to blockage for years even after you stop.

Shaving your pubic hair means your pubic region is naked during sex.

Pubic hair may not be sexy at this particular point in human history, but we evolved with hair down there for a reason. Pubic hair is your body's way of providing a dry lubricant to keep the super-sensitive skin down there from getting irritated during sex.

Think about it. During sex, there's a lot of moisture and a lot of friction. Your pubic hair provides a barrier between your genitals and all that friction. Without it, you're susceptible to heat rash and chafing, neither of which looks sexy in the morning.

Shaving your pubic hair detracts from your sex appeal.

Cosmetic argument aside, your pubic hair is meant to make you more attractive to potential mates. Pubic hair traps your smell close to your body, and a huge part of attraction comes from smell.

Have you ever found yourself head-over-heels for someone you know is all wrong for you? You try fighting the attraction, but you just can't keep your hands to yourself? If this has happened to you, it's a simple matter of biology. You've probably found someone with compatible chemistry, someone with a smell you just can't say no to.

During certain parts of your menstrual cycle (like ovulation) and when you're aroused, your body emits pheromones. This is your body's super-sneaky way of telling potential partners you're ready to mate. It's invisible and subliminal, but it works.

We've created artificial smells for ourselves to attract potential mates. But scented soap and perfumecan only mimic what nature has already taken care of. Letting your natural smell do the talking for you will result in finding a potential partner who is truly attracted to you
no bikini wax

Question Closed

• laydeelapis 2013/06/04 16:45:13
    laydeelapis
    +1
    Good points but sorry, I like the smoothness. By the way, the razer burn can be fixed with a bit of olive oil or aloe.
  • Ozymandias laydeel... 2013/06/05 00:03:18
    Ozymandias
    Or it can be fixed by just not shaving. I'm glad you like your smoothness, but you already know my standpoint.
  • laydeel... Ozymandias 2013/06/05 00:43:01
    laydeelapis
    +1
    But then it's itchy in a different way. :p
  • Ozymandias laydeel... 2013/06/05 01:37:28
    Ozymandias
    So then put some talcum powder there. :p
  • WankerBait 2013/06/04 15:15:08
    WankerBait
    +1
    While I agree that trimming is preferable to shaving, none of the reasons you've listed appear to be any real deterrent for those who wish to go bare. It's all good as a personal preference ...
  • Ozymandias WankerBait 2013/06/05 00:03:51
  • WankerBait Ozymandias 2013/06/05 20:05:56
    WankerBait
    +1
    Women shaved under their arms, their legs, trimmed their pubic region down for bikinis, waxed their lips and arms. etc., in the 70's and before... Time marches forward. It's merely a personal preference.
  • Ozymandias WankerBait 2013/06/05 22:35:01
    Ozymandias
    Who said anything about shaving their legs, arms, and pits. I don't mind if they do that. I said I like it when they have natural hairy bush. I don't mind if they go hirsute though. All that waxing and shaving became very lucrative in the 90's, and now the natural look is coming back.
  • WankerBait Ozymandias 2013/06/06 14:49:42
    WankerBait
    So this is really about you and your preferences, not what is and is not healthy, in the woman's best interest, or about the woman's preferences... I get it.
  • Ozymandias WankerBait 2013/06/12 00:10:05
    Ozymandias
    Here we go with the guilt trip again. You do whatever you want. I'm just trying to have a civil debate.
  • WankerBait Ozymandias 2013/06/12 20:32:28
    WankerBait
    +1
    What's to debate? Your preferences vs. someone else's? As I stated from the get go, it's a personal choice.

-Peace
  • Ozymandias WankerBait 2013/06/16 02:44:37
    Ozymandias
    +1
    Thanks for sharing your input. I like a good debate. =)
  • C-ZAR™, Emperor of the PHÆT 2013/06/03 22:47:15
    C-ZAR™, Emperor of the PHÆT
    +2
    "Not to beat around the Bush"--pun totally intended, right? Lol
  • Ozymandias C-ZAR™,... 2013/06/04 02:17:09
    Ozymandias
    +2
    Of course! I'd much rather beat IN the bush, though. ;-)
  • C-ZAR™,... Ozymandias 2013/06/04 04:59:09
    C-ZAR™, Emperor of the PHÆT
    +1
    Of course! Lol
  • Phil 2013/06/03 11:28:58
    Phil
    +1
    Reason #1 not to. It makes ya look like a 12y.o.. Trim but don't shave.
  • Ozymandias Phil 2013/06/03 17:39:13
    Ozymandias
    +1
    That's a very good reason. However, I say just leave it as is.
  • Phil Ozymandias 2013/06/03 22:16:55
    Phil
    +1
    Another good option.
  • Jerry 2013/06/03 08:15:05
    Jerry
    +1
    .......... " ......... As a Guy, my opinion is that Women .... All of Them, are Very Sexy, and for the most part, uninhibited..........it adds to the foreplay, and great for performing oral sex on Ladies....... and last........ ( ...... I'm a nibbler...... ) .......... " ..........
  • Ozymandias Jerry 2013/06/03 17:40:10
    Ozymandias
    Duly noted, but I still prefer them natural. I wonder how they all managed just fine up until the 80's when they all thought shaving was more sanitary. I wonder if they'll start shaving their heads next.
  • Jenny 2013/06/02 15:27:13
    Jenny
    +1
    To put it shortly, it’s bad for your health. If you say “Pain is beauty,”, then you’re no better than the anorexics that starve themselves to be thin.
  • Ozymandias Jenny 2013/06/02 17:15:29
    Ozymandias
    Amen sister! You're one smart cookie.
  • laydeel... Jenny 2013/06/04 16:47:06
    laydeelapis
    +1
    Except that anorexia is a mental illness so not really...
  • Ozymandias laydeel... 2013/06/05 00:04:27
    Ozymandias
    +1
    I imagine there's more than just anorexia to blame for the way women torture themselves to look like Barbie dolls rather than appreciate their own natural beauty.
  • laydeel... Ozymandias 2013/06/05 00:43:44
    laydeelapis
    +1
    Of course there are others but you cannot call them anorexia then.
  • Ozymandias laydeel... 2013/06/05 01:37:51
    Ozymandias
    Well a woman who doesn't shave appears more confident in my book.
  • Lord of None~PWCM~JLA 2013/06/01 19:11:44
    Lord of None~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    SHAVE THE CAVE!!!!!!
  • Ozymandias Lord of... 2013/06/02 17:15:40
    Ozymandias
    Sorry! Not in my case.
  • Kezzi Morris 2013/05/31 19:47:25
    Kezzi Morris
    +3
    I don't care I find pubic hair gross so I will continue to shave
  • Ozymandias Kezzi M... 2013/06/02 17:16:00
    Ozymandias
    +2
    Well that's your prerogative. I'm not the one dating you, so that's that.
  • Icarus 2013/05/31 10:18:07
    Icarus
    +2
    Smooth is much nicer and a decent electric shaver doesn't cause the dreaded red bumps.
  • Ozymandias Icarus 2013/06/02 17:16:12
    Ozymandias
    +1
    Is that why so many sick bastards like little girls?
  • remy Ozymandias 2013/06/03 03:36:38
    remy
    +7
    See, that's my issue with it. Having been molested as a young girl, I find it rather disturbing that so many men want their women to look and FEEL like little girls. It creeps me out~
  • Ozymandias remy 2013/06/03 03:42:34 (edited)
    Ozymandias
    +3
    It creeps me out, too. As an uncle of three nieces, it bothers me even more. If any man ever harmed one of them, I'd break his damn kneecaps.
  • remy Ozymandias 2013/06/03 03:44:14
    remy
    +1
    Good for you!!! As it should be......
  • Ozymandias remy 2013/06/03 03:45:52
    Ozymandias
    I changed it to even more. Yes, it does bother me. Believe it or not, you can tell a lot about a woman by her vajayjay. Want to know how?
  • remy Ozymandias 2013/06/03 03:52:58
  • Ozymandias remy 2013/06/03 03:57:52
    Ozymandias
    They say women with hairier bushes are more intelligent. That stands to reason if they're grown women as opposed to young girls. That to me is also a sign of confidence and independence. The girl with the hairy bush knows how to stand her ground and doesn't succumb to all the media pressure and societal nuances. She feels comfortable in her skin.

The one who shaves has a tendency to be very shallow, conceited, or have low self-esteem. There's an old Victorian urban legend saying a gal who shaved was a hussy. That makes sense if the majority of the women in the adult entertainment industry shave. God knows where the hell they've been.

The woman who doesn't shave also I gather is more modest. Not to mention, that to me is a sign of loyalty. If she grows it all out just for me, that says a lot. That tells me she's not only confident, but she's modest and trustworthy. Also, my intuition tells me I'm less likely to catch herpes, chlamydia, and god knows what else from her.
  • moira.f... Ozymandias 2013/06/03 04:13:56 (edited)
  • Ozymandias moira.f... 2013/06/03 05:43:07
    Ozymandias
    +2
    Well that's not how they were in the 70's. That's why I have a lot of 70's and 80's nudie mags. Also, my online porn subscriptions are to hairy websites. Some of my favorite hairy porn starlets are Annie Body, August Summer, and Luscious Eden. Just so you know, the bush is coming back.

As far as those guys are concerned that make snide remarks about your bush, I wouldn't worry about them. They obviously don't know how to do what I do.

People ask me if I'm afraid of getting hair in my mouth. My response is "not at all." All you have to do is either spread her cooze, or you can do what I do which is use one hand to grab the hair and pull it back and use the other to stick it inside and tickle her G-spot and lick her clit once it's exposed.

2014/07/24 16:59:04