This site has been so sick lately!!! 5+ years and never saw such evil posts and comments!!!

Sister Jean 2012/12/16 20:55:37
agree
disagree
After a tragedy love is needed..NOT postings and comments putting blame on a particular political party.All I see is gun lovers,mean people,and some seem crazy.The person who caused this was a sick,evil person. One who should have been put in an institution,if those around him really cared about him. Will we ever wake UP???!!!

• **StarzAbove** 2012/12/16 22:02:49 (edited)
    agree
    **StarzAbove**
    +12
    I agree Sister. Instead of showing compassion for these babies and their families, the hate continues on. Some people are more worried about their guns than this terrible tragedy.

• ruthannhausman 2013/01/07 16:49:48
    ruthannhausman
    Partially agree with you, particularly on love being needed. But this site is a means through which people from varying backgrounds can come together and exchange ideas about things which affect us all in our daily lives in America.

While I agree there does seem to be an explosion of vitriolic discourse as opposed to intelligent efforts to compromise on issues, I believe the reason it appears to be such a huge jump in negativity is because all of a sudden there are so many, many subjects hitting us each and every day that are loaded with controversy.

Just to cite an example, we have wars all over the world in which we are involved, some of which have overwhelming support, others which do not. Then there's the lengthy list of social justice movements going on all the time: gun control advocates, abortion, anti-Muslim sentiments, homosexuality, Congress, Obamacare -- lordy, you name it. There are just so many topics that aren't cut and dried at all but which tend to boil the blood and instigate argument.

So it is not the site which is sick, it is our society. The site is merely attempting to get people together to try and work something out to cure the ills.
  • Christopher Kirchen 2012/12/23 00:35:11
    Christopher Kirchen
    As long as people are involved, there will always be some of that.
  • polkastria 2012/12/19 02:50:13
    disagree
    polkastria
    +1
    I spend too much time over on the political boards to be surprised by much on this site.
    Hate is there all the time, as well as flat out vile things.
    This is just the latest excuse for it.
  • clasact 2012/12/18 22:43:30
    agree
    clasact
    +1
    the worst part about it is just like any other bad thing that has happened it will soon be forgotten except by those so close to it
  • lucky 2012/12/18 13:55:35
    disagree
    lucky
    +1
    Although I agree some of the comments are out of line, I also understand people are horrified and they feel helpless because it was not prevented and that usually brings out anger and everyone is scrambling to find someone or something to blame. Everyone deals with tragedies in their own way. Id rather see them angry then see them not showing emotion at all.

Regardless, my heart goes out to those who lost someone in that shooting and although that shooter escaped getting justice on earth, I have no doubt he will receive his deserved punishment in the after life.

• Kaleokualoha 2012/12/17 23:51:41
    agree
    Kaleokualoha
    +1
    Some wingnuts seem to have particularly large chips on their shoulders since the tragedy.
  • Gregaj7 2012/12/17 23:35:25
    disagree
    +1
    Maybe, I'm too used to it.
  • John 2012/12/17 22:14:35
    agree
    John
    +1
    this site reflects only what is out there, its not the site, its again the people (posting) and what they think
    I hope that at least some see their wrong and change
  • Junior the Outer Space Musi... 2012/12/17 22:10:45
    agree
    Junior the Outer Space Music Man
    +2
    We need to stop making sense of this and comfort and love each other, because a life lesson is in there that we all need to learn. Do not take life for granted.
  • Sister ... Junior ... 2012/12/17 22:12:49
  • Kronan_1 2012/12/17 20:16:46
    disagree
    Kronan_1
    +2
    I see a lot of differing opinions and I see a lot of crybabies who need to quit wearing their emotions on their sleeves. Grow up and grow a thicker skin. Some of these people have failed to achieve adulthood and act like schoolchildren on a playground.
  • reaper 2012/12/17 20:02:42
    agree
    reaper
    +1
    yeah, i said soon after it happened we should not make claims on why it happened and we shouldn't create any more conspiracy theories on it. which is exactly what everyone did.
  • Sister ... reaper 2012/12/17 20:09:04
    sure did and many really nasty about it
  • bettyboop 2012/12/17 18:07:06
    disagree
    bettyboop
    +2
    As people gain more awareness and knowledge there is going to be lots of arguments. Evil has been around since the beginning of time. I guess if this we're a memorial site and not an opinion site I could understand, but it is an opinion site and many people have opinions.
  • Sister ... bettyboop 2012/12/17 18:17:01
    +2
    I expect differing opinions,but not our right cruelty.We saw evil last Friday at that school.
  • L1 2012/12/17 17:55:10
    agree
    L1
    +1
    Agreed. You said it all, Sister....
  • Sister ... L1 2012/12/17 18:07:49
  • cj 2012/12/17 17:34:51
    agree
    cj
    +1
    The tragedy was devastatingly sad, made a reality by a sick individual... only prayers, God and the angels can help at this point..... and then, after the immediate pain has passed, perhaps an increase in teachings of family values and morals is in order......
  • Garciataria 2012/12/17 16:10:55
    agree
    Garciataria
    +3
    It shows you how disgusting it really is that people can't put politics aside to mourn these victims. I saw a few questions from such people blaming this politician and that one for "not caring" and "being fake".

There is a fine line between being active in political discussions and looking like you have no life outside of politics. This site, if anything, reveals very clearly who crosses that line.
  • Sister ... Garciat... 2012/12/17 16:21:21
    some sick people here
  • Richard Sister ... 2012/12/17 16:25:03
  • actionjksn Sister ... 2012/12/17 16:57:11
    actionjksn
    +8
    It's not just the pro gun people doing it. The anti gun people are using this tragedy to further their agenda. And if they weren't doing that then the pro gun people wouldn't feel they have to say anything. That guy was going to get a gun regardless of the gun laws. And even if he couldn't he would have either went in there and slit all their throats or brought in a bunch of gasoline and set them on fire. If a country has a lot of crazy violent people then they will get their evil deeds done even if there are laws telling them they're not allowed. Most males in Switzerland own an assault rifle or high capacity pistol and they have a very low murder rate. And they are encouraged to own and practice to develop a high level of proficiency with their weapons. Because they don't have as many murderous nut jobs. Brazil has a very high murder rate and yet the have very strict gun laws. But they have a high number of murderous nut jobs.
  • Sister ... actionjksn 2012/12/17 17:07:14
    guess we each see what we want ..have you been to Hot questions?
  • actionjksn Sister ... 2012/12/17 18:09:47
    actionjksn
    +1
    Everything I wrote is factual and can be proven. What did I write that is in dispute?
  • Sister ... actionjksn 2012/12/17 19:15:23
    I am not here to argue
  • Mantic Sister ... 2012/12/18 06:20:11 (edited)
    Mantic
    People who jump up to call for gun regulation as a response come first. They believe in their heart of hearts that gun regulation will prevent such things, so they may think they are righteous in speaking up.

But the reality is that THIS is the most disrespectful abuse of such situations. It demands those who understand the logistical problems and dangers to freedom that can come with regulation (especially when laws are enacted out of a moment's emotion, without logical restraint) to switch gears out of the shock and grief into political mode. Those people are almost certain to come off angry, because they probably ARE angry at the disrespect of those who interrupted their emotions this way.

And whether true or not, many also suspect the calls for regulation at this time come from individuals who are actually heartlessly political, looking at any such tragedy as nothing more than an opportunity to exploit fear and pain for a political agenda. Because that's how it looks.

Try to understand why people's emotions are heated, and nerves are frazzled, and it's not so surprising at all.
  • CuresCa... Garciat... 2012/12/17 18:59:27
    CuresCancer
    +2
    It was sster ean who tried to opush her agenda on basicaly vcanceling the 2nd amendment. When she found out not everyone agrees with her, then she says were are sick, even calling us "gun lovers."

FYI, I don't love guns or brocolli. But that doesn't mean both aren't necessary.

• Glfer65 2012/12/17 16:10:00
    agree
    Glfer65
    +4
    If anyone needs a head check its the ones who blame political parties or group to justify their hate rather than see it for what it is. A troubled person who was able to get access to guns and use it to destroy 26 lives.

To try to blame others for this is makes me sick to see how people leave such distasteful comments.
  • Sister ... Glfer65 2012/12/17 16:21:45
    agree
  • Gloria 2012/12/17 15:56:33
    disagree
    Gloria
    +1
    I only disagree because they have always been here. It's not getting any worse but it's not getting any better.
  • Sister ... Gloria 2012/12/17 16:07:31 (edited)
    +1
    I was referring to political posts about current tragedy..just go to Hot questions
  • Gloria Sister ... 2012/12/17 16:09:35
    Gloria
    +1
    Yes I know but it's always been dicey on politics. They name call and everything. If they don't want anyone to know who icky they are they send personal mail that is filty.
  • Sister ... Gloria 2012/12/17 16:22:34
    +1
    this is vile..we should be mourning lives of 20 little children
  • CuresCa... Sister ... 2012/12/17 19:04:00 (edited)
    CuresCancer
    +2
    We should be banning prescription pads because every school shooting, save one, has been done by a someone either on psychiatric drugs or coming off of them.

The one exception was a case where the medical records were never revealed. I knew a man who killed both his parents a neighbor and himself shortly after stating on Prozac. Prior to that he doted on his parents who were up in age.

If you are looking for cause and effect, look no further than prescription drugs. That is the cause. You've seen the effect.
  • Bastion 2012/12/17 15:29:23
    agree
    Bastion
    +2
    Take heart, Sister . . . there is one good thing here . . . things like this shine a light on the evil, and those who are carrying that evil around get truly seen for what they are.

Sunlight is a disinfectant . . . we can hope that the evil seen among these pro-gun extremists can be more easily defeated when it's more out in the open.
  • Sister ... Bastion 2012/12/17 15:34:08
  • Sinister Ken Doll™ 2012/12/17 15:12:00
    agree
    Sinister Ken Doll™
    +1
    i agree
    we should focus on mourning over the innocent deaths that happened, instead of treating these poor children as statistics or data to further a political ideology.
  • Sister ... Siniste... 2012/12/17 15:24:23
  • Chris- Demon of the PHAET 2012/12/17 15:04:10
    agree
    Chris- Demon of the PHAET
    +2
    Well said.
  • Chris - The Rowdy One! #187 2012/12/17 15:03:36

2014/08/30 02:29:30