The Safest Place to Be

FREED Speaks Up 2011/05/14 17:01:03

Several summers ago, Melody's 13-year-old daughter selected Jordan as her first destination choice with a summer missions group. Weeks later, a bus blew up in Israel, just across the Jordan River. Could Melody trust the group's decision to proceed with the mission?

A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand. Psalm 91:7a

One night, Melody's neighbor showed up at her front door. The neighbor's abusive husband had threatened her and she needed to use Melody's phone to call the police. It was then Melody realized even home could be dangerous. The safest place would be in the center of God's will, no matter the location. She meditated on Proverbs 3:5-6: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths." She and her husband allowed her daughter to go to Jordan…and it turned out to be a positive, life-changing experience that she still treasures today.

As the world's turmoil and violence escalates, determine to follow God wherever He leads. Place your trust in Him to keep you and your family safe. Then pray for peace in your nation and for the safety of your military.

Recommended Reading: 2 Samuel 22:29-37

• amazinggrace 2011/05/15 16:04:57
    amazinggrace
    The Lord is my refuge and my strength. Thanks FREED for all your wonderful posts.
  • NativeNH1 2011/05/15 07:33:40
    NativeNH1
    Thank you, FREED! I really needed this DESPERATELY tonight. My world seems to be falling to pieces around me. Thank you for the Scripture reference. :)
    +1
    THANKS .. we all need reminders of what to do .. and where to find /peace/ ... (pray .. let God hear your prayers .. )
  • Ron–Born from Above 2011/05/14 21:01:41
    Ron–Born from Above
    +1
    Psalm 41:10-13 Fear not, for I am with you. Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you. Yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of My righteousness. Behold, all they that were incensed against you shall be ashamed and confounded. They shall be as nothing. They that strive with you shall perish. You shall seek them and shall not find them that contend with you. They that war against you shall be as nothing.

God Bless you Freed†
  • -Echo- 2011/05/14 17:32:55
    -Echo-
    +1
    Thank you that was very inspirational.

2014/10/20 11:31:16