The Right To Earn a Living vs. Gov't Intervention

steven 2010/11/06 23:16:42
Related Topics: Facebook, Pursuit

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Right-to-Earn-a-Living/1518...

The right to earn a living. It sounds logical, right? It is one of those things few would question as anything less than obvious. Evidently it isn't...to those in power. You know, those public servants we pay with our tax money to get all of the obstacles out of our way and allow us to prosper? Well, the link above contains further links to some great videos on the right to earn a living--you might know it as "the right to the pursuit of happiness", and therefore including "the right to life." I suggest you begin with this video, below, and then proceed to further links cited on the page above. I tried to embed it, but was unable to do so. My apologies.
http://vimeo.com/15035958

Economic freedom vs. the "law". Who should win?

• Badcat 2010/11/07 04:44:21
    Badcat
    +3
    When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
    Thomas Jefferson

We don't fear Terrorists because being a victim of a terrorist attack has the same odds as getting struck by lightning. I have already been victimized by the government more than once. I do have a rightful fear for this Government that wants to help me out so much it will probably kill me. We have tyranny in the US and that is the harsh reality.

• God bless American freedom 2010/11/11 16:29:55 (edited)
    God bless American freedom
    Steven, brava for finding this video ...!!!! PERFECT!

And I would like to note.. he is not using a teleprompter..... nor did I ever hear one time the utterance of "uh, uh uh ".
  • James 2010/11/10 04:07:18
    James
    Within the next 10 years, most individuals will probably be self-employed anyway. Their "protections" will fall flat on their faces. Oh well.
  • sicksicksick 2010/11/08 20:10:11
    sicksicksick
    I've been laid off twice in the past year, I lost my home and my car was repossessed. Now I'm trying to find a job with no car and I'm living with four roommates. My credit score is appalling, and now I can't go to school because I no longer can be approved for student loans. I can't find a job without a degree, but I can't fix my credit to go to school without the aide of a job.

I'm almost hoping that the world crumbles into anarchy and bedlam so that I no longer have to deal with the pit of overdue bills that I'm living in. But in the meantime, I'm moving across the country to look for work, because there sure as hell isn't any over here.

Bush anally raped America and Obama is excelling at doing nothing: Can we make a third major party? One that will actually do something to help us working class scum?
  • God ble... sicksic... 2010/11/11 16:36:56 (edited)
    God bless American freedom
    Join the constitution party. I left the democrats.
  • sicksic... God ble... 2010/11/11 22:59:59
    sicksicksick
    I did too, but I haven't quite found a party that matches my political beliefs.
  • Striker 2010/11/08 20:07:25
    Striker
    I'm watching CATO/Tim Sandfur video right now - He is very sharp! Even dummies can actually understand him! I expect to return, but watching videos consume a long of time. Most aren't worth it, but this one sure is! Thank you, Steven - good work!
  • MW121 2010/11/08 17:02:27
    MW121
    +1
    Well that's what I thought when I was growing up.. To go to school, get good grades, go to college and then start a career and figure out how to become successful. I must of been absent from class when they talked about not becoming too successful because the government will intervene and take your earnings.. It's ridiculous that we actually live in a world where you can't be too successful, because the government won't allow it.. If you do, then be prepared to pay for it in terms of more and more taxes. It's ridiculous.. Why should I have to pay more and more just because I make a lot of money.. If you actually take in the fact that I'm home maybe 8-10 days/month, spend over 15+ hours a day working, traveling all over the US / Internationally and have taken all the risks to start my own business then take the total amount of money I bring in, the actual amount per hour isn't as much as one might think when they see the final figure.. It's ridiculous.. I hear time and time again, people talking about how they hate their job, how they are underpaid, how they don't get enough vacation time, how they don't. don't. dont.. I turn to them and say quit.. Figure out something else to do, start your own business, figure out how to become more marketable, etc.. Not one of the...
    Well that's what I thought when I was growing up.. To go to school, get good grades, go to college and then start a career and figure out how to become successful. I must of been absent from class when they talked about not becoming too successful because the government will intervene and take your earnings.. It's ridiculous that we actually live in a world where you can't be too successful, because the government won't allow it.. If you do, then be prepared to pay for it in terms of more and more taxes. It's ridiculous.. Why should I have to pay more and more just because I make a lot of money.. If you actually take in the fact that I'm home maybe 8-10 days/month, spend over 15+ hours a day working, traveling all over the US / Internationally and have taken all the risks to start my own business then take the total amount of money I bring in, the actual amount per hour isn't as much as one might think when they see the final figure.. It's ridiculous.. I hear time and time again, people talking about how they hate their job, how they are underpaid, how they don't get enough vacation time, how they don't. don't. dont.. I turn to them and say quit.. Figure out something else to do, start your own business, figure out how to become more marketable, etc.. Not one of them have done anything about it, so why complain, why push for higher taxes on those that have actually gone out and figured out a way to bring home more and more money.. Without risk you'll never know... There's always a reason for why they can't...That's the biggest difference with people, those that are willing to take risks and those that aren't and it's probably why we have such a disparity on the way people see those that are successful vs those that are not.. I'm sick of the government intervening and trying to tell us that we need to redistribute the wealth.. for what... We all already pay enough in taxes, if you can't figure it out on your own, then why in the heck will more money provided by us from our government going to do... Everyone is faced with choices in life and we've all made good and bad choices, but it's those personal choices that steer us all.. I think if you ask successful people what they do, they call it a career.. you ask those that aren't successful, they say job. Until people wake up and start taking personal responsibility in their own financial matters then we will always have this difference between government and personal responsibility.. It's just crazy...
  • Striker MW121 2010/11/08 20:08:53
    Striker
    +2
    5 stars, MW!
  • AL 2010/11/07 07:17:33 (edited)
    AL
    +2
    Long term Unemployment checks makes us all slaves to our Government! Yet Jobs give us the power over those that Govern us instead! Those in bread lines will always Vote for those that give them food! Yet Jobs give us all the freedom to vote anyway you want to instead!
  • steven AL 2010/11/08 07:55:31
    steven
    +1
    You hit the nail on the head there. That's why they want to keep us dependent. And that's how they do it.
  • AL steven 2010/11/08 08:05:27
    AL
    +1
    Starving people and a very high number of Drug users and out right addicts are very easy to conrol in fact! Thats the very reason I think Soro's is pushing so hard to legalize Drug abuse at this point! I have even heard some young Republicans here on S.H. tell me what a great idea Soro's had!
  • steven AL 2010/11/08 08:09:03 (edited)
    steven
    Have you noted also that the FDA does little to remove such things as polyethylene glycol (antifreeze) from many products we use on our skin, in our eyes, or in our toothpastes, etc? Sick people, unable to tell where the symptoms come from, tend to think it's "normal", but then want government healthcare for when it gets worse. A cocktail of poisons, all in small amounts and from many sources, is hard to diagnose as a cause.

And for the record, Soros is the anti-christ, as far as I am concerned.
  • AL steven 2010/11/08 08:16:40
    AL
    +2
    I thought it was real odd when we received tanted goods from China and our own lame steam media treated it like a non story not so long ago as well! Everything from babby toys to toothpaste as you just mentioned!
  • AL steven 2010/11/08 08:30:13
    AL
    +1
    They did the very same thing with that big flu epidemic that broke out in Mexico first-yet our Government still refused to seal our borders anyway! Not to mention thats the main reason for Government in the first place-to defend and protect its own citizens as their top priority! Someone should have impeached O bama for this own deliberate lack of over sight of his own oath of office in fact!
  • steven AL 2010/11/08 08:39:17
    steven
    +1
    And then it turned out that the so-called epidemic was a hoax....as usual. II didn't trust the vaccines--heard too many stories of vaccinations gone wrong.
  • AL steven 2010/11/08 08:46:00
    AL
    +2
    Another great example of total Government control over the masses at its worst! Just trust us-after all you haven't caught us lying to you yet have you? LOL!
  • steven AL 2010/11/08 09:44:06
    steven
    +2
    "Catch us in a lie and we promise to deny it."
  • AL steven 2010/11/08 09:50:45
    AL
    +1
    After all they're all trained liars aren't they?Oh I'm sorry-I ment to say lawyers instead-yet liars will do just fine on second thought anyway!
  • God ble... AL 2010/11/11 22:02:20
    God bless American freedom
    it is caled "spin" now so no one would be accused openly of outright lying.
  • AL God ble... 2010/11/12 07:56:20
    AL
    You mean like when they use that stupid P.C. term of miss-spoken perhaps? LOL!
  • God ble... steven 2010/11/11 22:01:08
    God bless American freedom
    and now though one must ask..why is the government recommending older Americans purchase four doses of influenza vaccine this winter?
  • God ble... AL 2010/11/11 21:59:31
    God bless American freedom
    There was a question not long ago concerning something along the lines of " do you believe the woman being stoned by muslim males shold be stoned by them ..or interfered with " ... a few people actually answered she should be allowed to be "stoned" high so she would not feel the mortal pain being rained down on her by shari'a law.
  • AL God ble... 2010/11/12 07:57:49
    AL
    What a bunch of screw balls they are!
  • susan AL 2010/11/10 22:17:03
    susan
    +1
    Those long term unemployment checks need to go. NOW. I know far too many people sitting on them, and because it's sometimes what they were making or in a few cases MORE than they were making- they have no desire to get a job. People need to get out there and look. For Las Vegas being 14% unemployeed baffles me, I see at least 4-7 places hiring when I go out to do something. Lazy people, people with no ambition, and people that won't settle with something temporary is raping the rest of us.
  • AL susan 2010/11/10 22:24:50
    AL
    These long term unemployment checks have now turned into just another Goverment welfare program instead of any incentive to find another job!
  • Don Leuty 2010/11/07 04:49:40
    Don Leuty
    +2
    Many thanks. It was enlightening to find an old hero, Oliver Wendell Holmes, had feet of clay.
  • God ble... Don Leuty 2010/11/11 22:02:54
    God bless American freedom
    there is no such thing as an altruistic politician.
  • Don Leuty God ble... 2010/11/11 22:30:47
    Don Leuty
    Sure there is...the last few weeks before election day or if it someone else's money.
  • Badcat 2010/11/07 04:44:21
    Badcat
    +3
    Thomas Jefferson

• steven Badcat 2010/11/08 07:59:23 (edited)
    steven
    +2
    If we did away with much of the rigamarol at the airport security, we could still be sure that many passengers would take it upon themselves to overpower and likely beat to death a terrorist on a plane. It's happened a few times already. And it's worth the risk.
  • Badcat steven 2010/11/08 14:13:36
    Badcat
    Imagine the money we would save the tax payer at the same time.
    +1
    The right to earn a living is the best thing.
  • jubil8 BN-0 PON 2010/11/07 03:21:06
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    +1
    I couldn't open the link (even pasting the url), so I read a review of the book instead. Excellent!

The review didn't mention licensing FEES, so I don't know whether Sandefur refers to them or not, but they're an incentive to license EVERYTHING.
  • steven jubil8 ... 2010/11/08 08:00:12
    steven
    +1
    He does indeed refer to them.
  • jubil8 ... steven 2010/11/08 15:20:25
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    Thank you.
  • ray 2010/11/07 02:36:41
  • steven ray 2010/11/08 08:00:43 (edited)
    steven
    So what's your secret? I tried everything. And thank you sincerely.
  • ray steven 2010/11/08 10:26:27
    ray
    +1
    Being a computer illiterate I can't really tell you. I use Mozilla and adobe if that makes a difference. I found out ( quite by accident) that when watching a video, that you can right click the mouse. Then a pop up menu appears, left click the " copy embed code" and it then paste it where you want it to appear. It just seems to work better for me.
  • Striker ray 2010/11/08 20:18:01
    Striker
    +1
    Right-click increasingly includes great tools.
  • Anna E 2010/11/07 00:45:02 (edited)
    Anna E
    +2
    Societies were developed to benefit the people in them, not for people to be of benefit societies; that part is coincidental.

2014/04/18 10:51:53