The Public Rejects Compensation for 'Surprise STDs' [INFOGRAPHIC]

SodaHead Infographics 2012/06/19 18:13:05
A couple of weeks ago, a woman reportedly won $900,000 in court from a guy who gave her genital herpes. According to the report, the man failed to inform her of his disease and refused to use protection. But we wanted to know if the public feels that victims of "suprise STDs" should receive compensation, or if they should still be held personally accountable for neglecting to use protection. Check out this week's infographic for details on how people responded. Let's dive!

sodahead stds

• Superman 2012/06/19 18:56:49
    Superman
    +48
    I'm still furious about the lack of thought most people have on this issue.

While I don't disagree that the woman was foolish for not using protection, I also see that what the man did was with malice. He knowingly exposed her to an illness. Thats criminal.

It seems like most people really only care about branding the woman with any label - that of "slut" - for having sex after four dates. This without knowing what happened during those four dates and having no concept of what its like to be around the age of 50.

I see a lot of hateful and ignorant internet trolls out there who care more about attacking a woman than saying one thing about a man who would lie about an illness and infect someone with it.

• kobidob... TheNigh... 2012/06/21 06:24:34 (edited)
    kobidobidog
    I am telling you the truth.Sorcery has taken the world for a ride with their chemical concoctions not meant for any living thing. Vaccsinatons that have substances a thermometer would use that is banned, and a sustenance a taxidermist would use. Formaldehyde. A mad scientist would give that calling it good. That is what you are trusting in.
  • sunniday TheNigh... 2012/06/19 21:54:47
    sunniday
    +1
    Has E HARMONY been sued yet? They have some of the blame,its a different world & these dating services take your money you should be entittled to safety but you hear of people being killed,scamed,now this.There are a lot if lonely people out there & of course there's always someone to make a buck off of them.
  • TheNigh... sunniday 2012/06/20 11:21:38
    TheNightFly
    +2
    She deserves a full refund at the very least.
  • smitty TheNigh... 2012/06/20 14:17:38
    smitty
    A full refund for what? being stupid?
  • TheNigh... smitty 2012/06/21 04:13:32
    TheNightFly
    +2
    For him being a punk bastard. Why do you insist on ignoring the 800 lb punk bastard in the room?
  • smitty TheNigh... 2012/06/21 16:07:49
    smitty
    He is an ass. He deserves a ass beating.

Still I despise the cases outcome for the precedent it may have.
  • Just Jenn for Now 2012/06/19 19:41:50
    Just Jenn for Now
    +2
    This is a classic case of circumstances here.

Yeah, it'd be nice to get compensation if they were never WARNED the other had an STD to begin with... however there are so many loopholes, it's just too complicated to go through with making compensation mandatory.

The one that gave the disease may have not even known they HAD a disease. Or they can just lie and say they didn't know.

While I can see where people are coming from - I would be PISSED if I'd contracted an STD from some idiot who wanted to get lucky, and if I weren't told, then yeah, it is his fault, even though it'd partially be mine. Hell, I'd want to cut off his pork sword so it never happens again.

But above all that, there is a lesson here... PROTECTION. USE IT.

Even if you THINK you know everything about the partner you're about to get it on with, get the saddle on the horse before riding it, if you know what I mean.
  • smitty Just Je... 2012/06/19 20:02:48
    smitty
    +1
    "PROTECTION. USE IT. "

Main thing.
  • TheNigh... Just Je... 2012/06/20 11:26:28 (edited)
    TheNightFly
    You mean protection like a condom, right? Have you ever used a condom before? The way it works is the man puts it on, not the woman. YES she could have insisted that he wear a condom but again, she was being honest and open with him- i.e. being a kind person. He is a predatory bastard and a liar and it was his intention to infect her. So he would likely have either sabotaged the condom or he would have let it slip off if his rough sex wasn't enough to break it.
  • smitty TheNigh... 2012/06/20 14:19:28
    smitty
    +1
    The woman can put it on the man. Some women enjoy that part.

Umm they do have female condom that one can purchase.

"He is a predatory bastard and a liar and it was his intention to infect her." If that is the case there should be criminal charges as well not civil.
  • Just Je... TheNigh... 2012/06/21 04:45:52
    Just Jenn for Now
    +2
    Yes perhaps in this case, this guy may as well be a bio-chemical predator. His intentions were vindictive, and the evidence is against him.

HOWEVER, to compensate EVERY. SINGLE. CASE of STD transmission, it would get WAY out of hand. I hate to say it, but this story has opened up a new can of worms. Imagine the ideas idiots will get now.

For the record, by protection, I mean protection. Not just condoms. In the 21st century, there are more than just male condoms, ranging from female condoms and diaphragms to spermicides; when an STD is transferred, the one who transmitted it is NOT the only one at fault unless it is a case of RAPE.
  • smitty Just Je... 2012/06/21 16:08:52
    smitty
    "but this story has opened up a new can of worms. Imagine the ideas idiots will get now." This is my main concern.
  • blissful 2012/06/19 19:23:58
    blissful
    +4
    I think that she had every right to sue that old Fart! He still should used protection. He didn't know whether she had an STD as well!..
  • Preside... blissful 2012/06/19 19:29:16
  • blissful Preside... 2012/06/19 19:39:26
    blissful
    +3
    Would it be Bull if it were to happen to you?
  • Preside... blissful 2012/06/19 19:41:28
    President Camacho
    +2
    Yes. 900k for herpes is silly.
  • blissful Preside... 2012/06/19 20:23:24
    blissful
    +1
    They should of also throw his old ass in jail too!!..
  • Keith H... Preside... 2012/06/19 20:57:16
    Keith Herriott
    HELLO, IT'S INCURABLE!!! IT'S WITH YOU FOR LIFE!
  • sunniday Preside... 2012/06/19 21:58:15
    sunniday
    Herpes lasts forever. give it to science not her.
  • Preside... sunniday 2012/06/19 23:55:50
    President Camacho
    +1
    Maybe it should be a crime but it isn't yet and 900k is a lot of $$
  • Wild Dog 2012/06/19 19:19:24
    Wild Dog
    +1
    No laughing matter here ,I think his nuts should be cut off.
  • Preside... Wild Dog 2012/06/19 19:29:27
  • Wild Dog Preside... 2012/06/19 19:32:32
    Wild Dog
    +1
    Sex is sex ,and is good ,but you can't tell mr this guy didn't know he had the disease .No ,I think it was plain dirty to do that to someone. He hid the fact ,no doubt in order to swim in the poontang. that's dishonorable in my book.
  • Preside... Wild Dog 2012/06/19 19:39:50
    President Camacho
    +1
    Herpes frequently has no symptoms for male. It certainly isn't worth 900k
  • Wild Dog Preside... 2012/06/19 19:45:02
    Wild Dog
    Maybe both of em will learn something out of this .I don't have any disease ,but it's happened with other couples before ,and the offender got fined ,also.
  • Preside... Wild Dog 2012/06/19 19:47:04
    President Camacho
    +1
    Fined? Is there a law against it?
  • Wild Dog Preside... 2012/06/19 19:50:08
    Wild Dog
    I'd be pissed if a woman did that to me .This lady is saddled with this for life, and I'm sure many will shy away from her .I call this a life ruining event.
  • Preside... Wild Dog 2012/06/19 20:09:44
    President Camacho
    +1
    Nah...herpes if treated ain't bad and will be cured in our lifetime
  • Wild Dog Preside... 2012/06/19 20:56:08
    Wild Dog
    I guess to some STD's are nothing. OK, you might condone that ,but I don't ,and that's that.
  • sunniday Preside... 2012/06/19 22:07:38
    sunniday
    Herpes not bad ,neither was leprosy ,but leprosy you could see Herpes NO.
  • sunniday Preside... 2012/06/19 22:05:18
    sunniday
    Herpes also passes things to children that people have in later years, like blindness.
  • Preside... sunniday 2012/06/19 23:56:56
    President Camacho
    Perhaps it should be a crime but it isn't yet
  • kobidob... Wild Dog 2012/06/20 19:43:15
    kobidobidog
    There are so many fear giving lies floating around that if they were solid there would be no atmosphere to breathe. Those lies make humans like yoiu think violent thoughts. All now find a good U,C,S,Chiropractic practitioner www.upcspine.com. Get a nutritional almanac.They have instructions as how to help- the body replace the flora in the intestinal tract after anti bionics are used. They are unfortunately in the food humans eat. That needs to change.
  • Wild Dog kobidob... 2012/06/20 23:14:43
    Wild Dog
    ?????????????????????????????... ,I don't know what that's got to do with someone possibly passing STD's to others ,and my outlook on this is that the guy wanted to grouse in the goodies ,and didn't want her to be turned off by his condition .If that makes me violent ,you have a weird perspective .
  • kobidob... Wild Dog 2012/06/21 06:28:13
    kobidobidog
    The whole concept of STDs is being taught to you by scheming finely dressed sorcerers. That is the God honest truth.
  • Wild Dog kobidob... 2012/06/21 12:36:39
    Wild Dog
    STD's are a reality ,look at what's going around ,and some are deadly ,just look ad AIDS.No ,I can't hide my head in the sand. Sex is a pleasurable thing ,and some of the responses on this border on the edge of ignorance.Just look at some of the ridiculous things said on here. Someone who spreads disease by hiding the fact is indeed a criminal.
  • kobidob... Wild Dog 2012/06/21 18:10:30 (edited)
    kobidobidog
    You are believing Medea hype. When you communicate with the gays they will confirm that the humans refusing to take those drugs are alive, and the ones taking them are dead. Wake up. Pills made with chemicals not meant for consumption will be harmful to the body. Why don't you get a book on drugs that tells all of the contraindications of those drugs. It reads like all of the bad things Satan wants to happen to humans.
    WWW.upcspine.com. Evidence, scientific studies, 48% improvement in the immune fungtion that had the adjustment with the Laney adjournment device. The humans who had a fake adjustment got worse. That is because internal imbalances got worse. Atlas Orthogonal is a device doing what a hand adjustment can do. Must positioned device properly to make a good adjustment. Doctors don't have a clue as to what a U,C,S, can do. I have observed the measuring technique of my U,C,S Stephen Duff who is renown world wide for his technique called the Duff method that is taught at Sherman Collage. Your body that dies killing Gods gifts is criminal. One day God will do away with death.
  • Wild Dog kobidob... 2012/06/21 19:16:32
    Wild Dog
    OK ,I suppose you support ron paul too. You're getting way out there. I've got diabetes ,and take drugs for that ,and they help my glucose big time .This is getting past the fact that the guy put this disease on this woman possibly with malice .I'm a male ,and I do respect women ,and not people who do things like this.
  • kobidob... Wild Dog 2012/06/21 23:00:37 (edited)
    kobidobidog
    Yes, He is against war. That is good enough for me. I do that, but when humans come with me they are glad they did. He gave no one anything. Humans are panicking like animals on the power of suggestion.
  • Wild Dog kobidob... 2012/06/22 12:54:48
    Wild Dog
    War is necessary under certain conditions ,I'm a realist, don't go with buzz words ,and look at things from a central position, not hype ,or populism.

2014/07/22 19:34:28