The Public Is Growing Weary of Popular Technology

SodaHead Infographics 2012/07/18 16:37:18
Facebook and Apple have been at the top of their respective games for some time now, but what goes up must come down. When we polled the public on the two companies, we found that most people were less than thrilled about the brands' future. Call it tech fatigue, or a simple need for change. Like gravity, the mysterious force of public opinion is making it difficult for popular companies to retain their audience. Facebook has been fighting it for a while, but even Apple could fall if it's not careful to keep up with public interest.

sodahead tech

• Autumn 2012/07/23 19:17:15
    Autumn
    +9
    If the iPad is just a giant version of the iPod Touch.... Wouldn't an iPad Mini just be.... an iPod Touch?

/facepalm

• Bronco 2013/01/06 10:34:33
    Bronco
    +6
    I'm going to deactivate my Facebook
  • Dub 2012/09/22 07:25:43
    Dub
    The only thing apple has going is their Computers, and if they start to let that slip they are done. Their mobile devices are all the same BS with different features and hardware that is still trying to play catch up to Android devices, with no sign of it happening. As far as Facebook, I'm not going to change how/when I use it for anything else. I use FB, Twitter, and Google + for different things.
  • evangelism_vision 2012/09/21 20:18:46
    evangelism_vision
    DON'T USE FACEBOOK AT ALL, I use Twitter, and Soda Head of which I like Soda Head much more
  • Terrance Earle 2012/09/21 17:27:47
    Terrance Earle
    Well it's roughly that 30% of passionate users that keep a service going... facebook just got too large for it's self. Where as google is more originally than a facebook or myspace.
  • princess_kelly 2012/09/15 03:20:35
    princess_kelly
    been over iphones almost since they came out
  • redhorse29 2012/09/12 18:00:59
    redhorse29
    First time here. On review what is the purpose of this string?
  • Pedalpusher 2012/09/07 17:21:21
    Pedalpusher
    +1
    I think people are getting fed up with Social Networking, it started out as a good reason then it just got to be like an overgrown chat/game line!
    I don't think they are getting fed up with device, but they would like to learn how to use their new one before it's already obsolete! They are coming too fast!
  • Carlo 2012/09/06 02:06:01 (edited)
    Carlo
    +4
    Most people don't realize this, but the whole reason for having these smart phones is to keep tabs on any one persons activities over a period of time. This is the whole reason for 911 and GPS technologies being added to mobile communications. Before the events of 9/11 it would have been difficult to obtain this information without a search warrant. Now the government has cart blanch to the info in the name of home land security. Social networking is just another tool they can access to get that information.

All news media is being controlled by a small group of corporations that can have their best interest at heart, rather than allowing all sides of the issues to be seen, on our ever expanding devices to access that media.

Wow that Patriot act sure did come in handy didn't it?
    Remember this country was established by the people for the people. No other countries government in the world is based on this premise either. Technology has done nothing but help to take those liberties away.

Any of you remember when we had a phone on the wall and a machine to check in the evenings for messages?
    That was true freedom, unless you gave a reason for those phone calls to be monitored. Yet you still had the freedom of your movements on a daily basis without knowledge to anyone, unless you g...

That was true freedom, unless you gave a reason for those phone calls to be monitored. Yet you still had the freedom of your movements on a daily basis without knowledge to anyone, unless you gave reason for those movements to be monitored. Now its all monitored and only looked at if you give reason for it, or someone thinks they have reason. I say if the information is there, its easier to say they do need it then dont. Your recording that data on your device with you on a daily basis. Think that was by design?

If some people had there way all citizens and residence would have to give a DNA sample to authorities when renewing a drivers licence, state ID, passport and greencard. Or an addition to fingerprinting when being arrested.
    First we would need an event that warrants this intrusion. You wait it may happen in my life time.
  • Pedalpu... Carlo 2012/09/07 17:15:30
    Pedalpusher
    +2
    Are you continually looking over your back? If you don't do anything really bad you have no reason too! People have made the need for the Big Brother Society, as they can't obey the laws! Just like traffic cameras, if they obeyed the speed laws those cameras would never had been needed! Almost all the technologies you mentioned can be abused for things like you say, but have you ever though if they were spying on every ones phones and other things then we wouldn't have unemployment problem as we'd all be employed in one of the spying business as monitors? Let's not get too paranoid unless you have a reason to be.
  • Carlo Pedalpu... 2012/09/08 09:21:07
    Carlo
    +1
    its not paranoia I speak from. Its the basis of our country and what it stands for we no longer have. If it was not for 9/11 none of this stuff would be possible either.
  • tmtbonem Pedalpu... 2012/09/10 16:31:34
    tmtbonem
    BRIEF ON TRAVELING IS A "RIGHT," NOT A GOVERNMENT GRANTED PRIVILEGE
    I think you are not paying attention. Have you ever investigated anything that may challenge what you believe. I hope they are reading my post because I don't believe everyone is in on the big picture. Most people for the most part are just going along to get along but when we see what we think to be evil and we can say nothing to our fellow human brothers and sisters for fear of being called a terrorist THEN WE HAVE A PROBLEM. Would you agree?
  • Pedalpu... tmtbonem 2012/09/11 02:12:17
    Pedalpusher
    No because you are focusing on one thing!! I said that people created this "Big Brother Society" as they won't obey the laws and I cited things I was talking about. It has nothing to do with your traveling rights, terrorist or anything in that line. But by the way I have no problems talking to my fellow humans about my beliefs, I even do it on here and don't fear getting called a Terrorist!!
  • tmtbonem Carlo 2012/09/10 16:22:35
    tmtbonem
    +1
    You can bet on it. I hope we are wrong but history says this has always been the case.
  • Carlo tmtbonem 2012/09/23 18:23:54
    Carlo
    Unfortunately you are right I think.
  • Julie 2012/09/05 23:32:05
    Julie
    wow. wow. wowwie!
  • Jorge Enriquez 2012/09/05 17:53:52
    Jorge Enriquez
    The Media....we pay for a name
  • tusense 2012/09/04 20:42:45
    tusense
    +2
    It is a known fact that Mr. Suck up berg is working with the CIA, NSA and is involved in letting them spy on us. That is a sure way to make the American people hate you. You don't respect our constitutional right to privacy we would be thrilled to see you hung, strung and hung for all to see and we will be clapping! We are not your product suck up berg . We are users of your connection to talk to our friends, to say hello, to say happy birthday, to show our friends pictures of our kids, to express empathy when they have lost a loved one or congratulations when they marry to just say hello to the ones we know are alone, to brighten someone's day. All you are is a connection with name and we will jump ship when a new name hits the market. You treat your customers badly and they won't come ....
  • Ryanlohan 2012/09/04 07:37:49
  • David (oYo) 2012/09/03 19:08:23
  • Pedalpu... David (... 2012/09/07 17:24:52
    Pedalpusher
    +2
    I don't mind the important questions, but when they are just tossing things out like "Where do you get your groceries? " And things like that, I just ignore them. All the people are trying to do is make more points! So they can really find some stupid things to ask.
  • David (... Pedalpu... 2012/09/07 22:34:07
  • tmtbonem ☆The Ro... 2012/09/22 01:40:54
  • sandiellette 2012/09/01 17:19:58
    sandiellette
    +1
    I think maybe the public is growing weary of technology that already offers all it has, only thing new is the bigger price tag.
  • Rust 2012/09/01 01:44:52
  • Stiffy 2012/09/01 01:14:10
    Stiffy
    hmmm, i guess it's true...
  • jcadla 2012/08/29 21:12:35
    jcadla
    +1
    I don't think so. There are people like me, some older people, who find it hard to even get into much of the high-tech stuff, much less understand it. I have a Droid phone that will do just about anything my PC does...'duh' ...OK...maybe so but I sure as hell don't know to make it do it. But younger people, all very curious and fascinated with anything new and different, will never get tired of seeing 'new stuff.'
    I can remember when I saw my first yo yo...I was fascinated by what it does...still am... :) :)
  • sandiel... jcadla 2012/09/01 17:11:39
    sandiellette
    +1
    Or the spinning button on the loop of string? whizz - whizz. LOL (my gramma showed me that)
  • burningsnowman 2012/08/28 05:47:53 (edited)
    burningsnowman
    +1
    All these new gadgets get really old. Even texting is annoying sometimes. If you want to talk you can you know, CALL ME.
  • ethan_h... burning... 2012/08/31 06:13:47
  • Stiffy ethan_h... 2012/09/01 01:16:17
    Stiffy
    +1
    haha, lol.
  • Tee Quake 2012/08/28 04:31:06
    Tee Quake
    +1
    I don't really care what happens to facebook, although I feel badly for the people who bought that stock when it first went public. As far as technology, I use what I need and need what I use. Otherwise, what's the point? I like what another SH commented, which is that they always wait to buy new gadgets until at least version 2.0; he said, "let the people with the disposable income buy the newest new stuff". Makes sense to me, especially because I do the same thing. ( The comment I mentioned was by brian.southworth.921.)
  • That1Guy 2012/08/26 13:52:59
    That1Guy
    +1
    I think alot of people were lying on these surveys, but if they are not then that's good news to me because I really dispise Facebook.
  • Stiffy That1Guy 2012/09/01 01:17:11
    Stiffy
    why do you, if i may ask?
  • That1Guy Stiffy 2012/09/04 01:14:16
    That1Guy
    +1
    Well, a few reasons actually. It has spawned a culture that I find annoying, it also scares me on government surveillance ( yes I know I'm paranoid ).
  • Stiffy That1Guy 2012/09/05 17:11:38
    Stiffy
    +1
    well if the government really does spy on us through facebook, then it's something t be wary of.
  • That1Guy Stiffy 2012/09/05 19:06:42
    That1Guy
    +1
    in terms of government spying facebook is the least of my worries, check this out
  • Stiffy That1Guy 2012/09/08 11:06:35
    Stiffy
    +1
    A CHIP?! IN OUR HEADS?! BY DECEMBER??!
    Oh
    My
    God... Of course the world is going to say no, no way will we let the heavily-rumored-with-conspira... government put ANYTHING in our heads or anywhere else! I already know about Anonymous and have heard about this chip-in-brain thingy, but i never thought that the world's governments were serious about implementing it.
  • That1Guy Stiffy 2012/09/08 18:23:57
    That1Guy
    +1
    Scary stuff right.
  • LesWaggoner BN 1 2012/08/24 18:06:31
    LesWaggoner BN 1
    +2
    I don't own an i-anything but lately I have been considering a cell phone so that when one of us is away from home we can communicate shopping needs and price comparisons.
    My little three station network serves us well. One for the kids to research their homework, one for my research and communication and a lap top in case I need information on the go.

For me popular technology is solar and wind energy. I recently encountered the Stirling engine and hope to build one large enough to power a 5Kw generator. If it works and is cost effective I am hoping to start building them for sale.

2014/08/20 18:41:48