The Genocide Chart: The Human Cost of Gun Control

Transquesta 2013/01/10 20:50:55

The Mother of All Stats

The Human Cost of "Gun Control" Ideas

The Genocide Chart © JPFO.org 2002
Government Dates Targets Civilians Killed "Gun Control" Laws Features of Over-all "Gun Control"&...
Ottoman Turkey 1915-1917 Armenians

(mostly Christians)
1-1.5 million Art. 166, Pen. Code, 1866
& 1911 Proclamation, 1915
• Permits required •Government list of owners
•Ban on possession
Soviet Union 1929-1945 Political opponents;

farming communities
20 million Resolutions, 1918

Decree, July 12, 1920

Art. 59 & 182, Pen. code, 1926
•Licensing of owners
•Ban on possession
•Severe penalties
Nazi Germany
& Occupied Europe
1933-1945 Political opponents;

Jews; Gypsies;

critics; "examples"
20 million Law on Firearms & Ammun., 1928

Weapon Law, March 18, 1938

Regulations against Jews, 1938
•Registration & Licensing
•Stricter handgun laws
•Ban on possession
China, Nationalist 1927-1949 Political opponents;

army conscripts; others
10 million Art. 205, Crim. Code, 1914

Art. 186-87, Crim. Code, 1935
•Government permit system
•Ban on private ownership
China, Red 1949-1952

1957-1960

1966-1976
Political opponents;

Rural populations

Enemies of the state
20-35 million Act of Feb. 20, 1951

Act of Oct. 22, 1957
•Prison or death to "counter-revolutionary criminals" and anyone resisting any government program
•Death penalty for supply guns to such "criminals"
Guatemala 1960-1981 Mayans & other Indians;

political enemies
100,000-

200,000
Decree 36, Nov 25 •Act of 1932

Decree 386, 1947

Decree 283, 1964
•Register guns & owners •Licensing with high fees
•Prohibit carrying guns
•Bans on guns, sharp tools
•Confiscation powers
Uganda 1971-1979 Christians

Political enemies
300,000 Firearms Ordinance, 1955

Firearms Act, 1970
•Register all guns & owners •Licenses for transactions
•Warrantless searches •Confiscation powers
Cambodia

(Khmer Rouge)
1975-1979 Educated Persons;

Political enemies
2 million Art. 322-328, Penal Code

Royal Ordinance 55, 1938
•Licenses for guns, owners, ammunition & transactions
•Photo ID with fingerprints
•License inspected quarterly
Rwanda 1994 Tutsi people 800,000 Decree-Law No. 12, 1979 •Register guns, owners, ammunition •Owners must justify
need •Concealable guns illegal •Confiscating powers

Gun Control

Read More: http://jpfo.org/filegen-a-m/deathgc.htm#chart

• holly go lightly 2015/05/07 23:42:11
    holly go lightly
    +1
    Thank you for posting this . It should feel like a slap in the face to anyone paying attention .
  • Giantsfan 2015/05/07 22:37:01
    Giantsfan
    +3
    I have a question? How many guns are owned by Americans? If I'm not mistaken it's more than any country in the world by far. As of 2007 the United States has 90 guns per 100 people in the US. That is on average 50% more than the next 2 countries per person. Paranoia is a terrible thing to waste.
  • Transqu... Giantsfan 2015/05/07 23:27:17
    Transquesta
    +2
    If I live to be a hundred I'll never understand liberals' fascination with playing dime store psychologist, nor will I understand how suspicion, mistrust and even fear of government is 'paranoiac' in any fashion whatsoever.

Were the framers of what was the United States being 'paranoid' in their distrust of government?
  • holly g... Transqu... 2015/05/07 23:40:23
    holly go lightly
    +1
    Not even slightly . . They were being far sighted and realistic .
  • Transqu... holly g... 2015/05/07 23:59:19
    Transquesta
    +1
    And their descendents have become jelly.
  • holly g... Transqu... 2015/05/08 00:58:59
    holly go lightly
    +1
    Pure mush .
  • Giantsfan Transqu... 2015/05/08 02:32:03
    Giantsfan
    +1
    Yes they were paranoid they lived in a dictatorship which is what a king was so yes they were paranoid and wrote according to what they knew personally at "that" time. Maybe if everyone thought like liberals there would be no need to fear others or the government as for the most part we are a peaceful bunch. And another thing most of us liberals do own guns we just aren't as fanatical as you on the right are.
  • Transqu... Giantsfan 2015/05/08 06:34:15 (edited)
    Transquesta
    +1
    OK, I think I see where we're going off the rails here. One of us doesn't understand the word 'paranoia.' While you're guessing which one of us that may be, perhaps this definition might be of benefit:

Paranoia:
    n.
    a) a mental condition characterized by DELUSIONS of persecution, unwarranted jealousy, or exaggerated self-importance, typically elaborated into an organized system.

b) suspicion and mistrust of people or their actions WITHOUT EVIDENCE OR JUSTIFICATION. (Emphasis mine throughout)

Obviously, if fear or distrust of government/government persecution has a BASIS or a JUSTIFICATION (and history amply demonstrates that it does), then it cannot be 'paranoia' by definition. Perhaps you should drop this diagnosis from your lexicon until such time as you earn a degree in psychology or psychiatry.
  • Giantsfan Transqu... 2015/05/08 19:41:58
    Giantsfan
    +1
    What history in this country are you speaking of when it comes to our government? Honestly I know paranoid when I see it and these people in Texas at that meeting with the Lt. Colonel were and are paranoid.
  • Transqu... Giantsfan 2015/05/08 20:02:54 (edited)
    Transquesta
    I've listed historical examples previously;

The Whiskey Rebellion;
    The Bonus Army;
    The Internment of innocent Japanese Americans during WWI;
    The Kent State massacre;
    The Waco siege;
    Ruby Ridge.

I repeat: if there is ANY BASIS OR JUSTIFICATION AT ALL for such fears, they are not 'paranoia' by definition. Nevermind what other governments have done to their own citizens in the past, ONE such instance (and I've listed SIX) constitutes a BASIS or JUSTIFICATION for a fear of government.

And no, Giant, you clearly do not know 'paranoia' when you see it. Inasmuch as you do not know it when you see it, it's prolly best not to label people you do not know and have never met as 'paranoid.' I'm certain I shall have to remind you of this again in the future, and I shall do so by a similar, step-by-step method. You may disagree with the positions of those who fear government, but you cannot and are not qualified to call them 'paranoid.' Not if you want anyone else to take you seriously.
  • Giantsfan Transqu... 2015/05/08 20:12:28
    Giantsfan
    +1
    Wow 1791 Whisky Rebellion and by our Founding Fathers no less.
    Sorry I can't finish responding but I have to go now. See ya later.
  • Transqu... Giantsfan 2015/05/08 20:13:24
    Transquesta
    ROFL! I understand. Drop by for another ass whuppin' anytime.
  • Giantsfan Transqu... 2015/05/08 22:58:13
    Giantsfan
    +1
    Really, you're better than that I think, I hope but i'm beginning to doubt it. I had dinner to make, and yes I cook.
  • willd 2015/05/07 13:42:10
  • Sav 2015/05/07 07:12:08
  • Transqu... Sav 2015/05/07 07:14:27
    Transquesta
    +1
    Great meme, but I don't think old TJ said that. :-)
  • Sav Transqu... 2015/05/07 07:16:09
    Sav
    +3
    even i thought so but i like the meme and quote
  • holly g... Sav 2015/05/07 23:46:06
    holly go lightly
    +2
    And that is a realistic and reasonable quote whoever said it .
  • Sav holly g... 2015/05/08 11:47:24
    Sav
    +2
    Exactly
  • Tic-Toc 2015/05/07 05:03:12
    Tic-Toc
    +1
    Next....
  • SilverStacker 2015/05/07 03:33:04 (edited)
    SilverStacker
    +6
    If no one else on the planet had a gun...Id still keep mine lol
  • lark 2015/05/07 01:47:03
    lark
    +3
    Sorry BO & his Minions We will keep our Bibles & Our Guns give up a right & lose them all
  • Giantsfan lark 2015/05/07 22:38:56
    Giantsfan
    +1
    The bible and guns don't go together you chose one over the other, what's your choice? And with 90 guns per 100 people in this country the only thing you are is paranoid.
  • Transqu... Giantsfan 2015/05/08 00:00:16
    Transquesta
    +1
    Luke 22:36
  • Giantsfan Transqu... 2015/05/08 02:43:33
    Giantsfan
    +2
    So the bible had guns in it? It must be the new revised addition put out by the NRA. Oh i see a sword is a gun in your eyes. What kind a sword are you refering to? We have single shot guns, six shooters, guns with bigger clips, machine guns, AK47's hell we even have bazookas. None resemble a sword. Why not just carry a baseball bat or a machete both of which are closer to a sword than a gun is. With a sword you must get within arms length to hurt or kill someone with a gun you can be a mile away and still kill somebody. I see what you're trying to do and I'm just busting your ass a little bit but guns and the bible do not go together. If you think owning guns is our given right according to the 2nd amendment that's fine I do also but don't use the bible or that verse as an excuse for owning them.
  • Transqu... Giantsfan 2015/05/08 06:36:51
    Transquesta
    +1
    Don't be obtuse. A sword was the 'gun' of the time. You know this.
  • Giantsfan Transqu... 2015/05/08 19:48:21
    Giantsfan
    Maybe the bow and arrow was the equivalent of our guns today it's just that in this country any Tom, Dick or Harriet can carry one at will. It's funny how people take something out of the bible to justify something today. There was a guy on here who thinks we should stone gays to death because in the bible you could stone sinners to death and he wasn't joking he actually thought it was justified. This is no different taking a verse out of the bible and having it fit ones own views. We all do it to justify our own actions.
  • Ask Me 2015/05/07 01:28:16
    Ask Me
    +2
    Guns should NOT be allowed in civilians hands. Guns causes more harm then it does good.
  • cattast... Ask Me 2015/05/07 02:59:49 (edited)
    cattastrophy
    +5
    Please tell me when was the last time a gun killed someone?
  • Giantsfan cattast... 2015/05/07 22:40:31 (edited)
    Giantsfan
    +1
    Bullets from guns kill people and people aim and pull the trigger of the gun causing the bullet to discharge and travel into someone hurting or killing them. You're simplistic response is too childish for an adult site.
  • Transqu... Giantsfan 2015/05/07 23:35:15
    Transquesta
    +3
    Bullets don't act of their own accord. Neither do guns. Guns and bullets require USERS. Users who clearly have murder in their hearts or this wouldn't be an issue. Users who'd murder by other means if they didn't have guns. Users who routinely capitalize on the sheepish capitulation of innocent victims to various 'gun laws.' Did you ever notice how mass shooting tragedies never seem to occur as often in communities where people are well armed, and that when they do occur the perpetrator usually doesn't live long enough to kill but one or two people at best?

Were it not for the fact that liberals have inoculated themselves against all approach by reality or rationality, they would understand as the rest of us do that guns, bullets, knives, bats, chains, screwdrivers, hammers, etc. are TOOLS. Banning or in any manner restricting the ownership of TOOLS is pointless. People bent on murder will simply ignore such laws and/or choose other tools.
  • Giantsfan Transqu... 2015/05/08 02:50:31
    Giantsfan
    +1
    You mean like those people who would have killed the police or guards in the Clive Bundy case? Remember them? they were ready to kill to protect a mucher.

Liberals want extensive background checks. I'd want them to do one on me should I decide to buy another gun. Please don't make excuses you're better than that.
    How many of those 31,000 deaths a year wouldn't have happened had people not had guns? It's a good question and I'd be willing to bet it's a majority of them. Guns kill they are the tools of cowards. My neighbor a big gun nut thinks every family should be required to own at least 2 machine guns. And you call liberals nuts.
  • Transqu... Giantsfan 2015/05/08 06:42:42 (edited)
    Transquesta
    +1
    1) Yes, I remember the Bundy case quite vividly, and the word you intended to use was 'moocher.' He may have been a racist scumbag, but he was no 'moocher.'

2) Liberals want a defenseless population. Both of us know they will never be satisfied until all civilian ownership of firearms is forbidden--and at least I know why.

Oh, and guns never killed anyone. Guns are the TOOLS used by killers to kill. Hint: if you shoot someone WITH a gun, will the gun serve time for your crime?

As for your neighbor, he sounds like my kind of guy! Although I don't own a single firearm, I agree with him at least on general principles: sans weapons of mass destruction, every American should own whatever weapon may be used against him/her by a crim, a nutter or a tyrant.
  • Giantsfan Transqu... 2015/05/08 19:56:50
    Giantsfan
    +1
    He was a moocher and liberals want a safe world believe me. I was very conservative at one time a gun toting flag waving chest beating con. I've mellowed a lot since those days so I know where you're coming from and how you think and feel. I no longer want that. I now shoot animals with my cameras instead of guns they live longer that way an I don't hurt or kill anything. I don't deny anyone the pleasure of hunting as long as it's done for food I don't like trophy hunters and never did.
    Come on. Will the gun serve time if you kill someone. That's the problem people owning guns and shooting people. I'm all for gun ownership with thorough background checks and I'm against the stand your ground laws as they are written today giving people who are afraid of their own shadow the right to kill me if he thinks I'm a threat to him. He can use that as an excuse to kill anyone saying he felt threatened.
    I never thought of you as a fanatic but to agree with Ron that every household should have to own at least 2 machine guns I think I was wrong about you.
  • cattast... Giantsfan 2015/05/08 14:54:09
    cattastrophy
    +1
    What the hell else was I supposed to do give the mathematical formula and a detailed description of the science of the moving parts of a weapon? Remember the media we belong to.
    Oh trust me I could have gone into the logistics of how things run but honestly how many people would have known what I was talking about had I put down the formula?
    So young man your response IMO is moot and if there is any "adult site" here please inform the owners and moderators I am sure they have a different opinion.
    You young man are far to opinionated for Soda Head and you need to be on a different site. I can recommend on that would be right up your alley...called Political Spin Room you can find it on YAHOO. Until than I will continue with my "simplistic" attitude with the following quote from me.....IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY RESPONSES OR MY COMMENTS OR OPINIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO JUST GO TO ANOTHER PERSON WHOS OPINION YOU WILL LIKE.
    AND GOD BLESS YOU AND HAVE A NICE DAY.
  • Giantsfan cattast... 2015/05/08 20:04:40
    Giantsfan
    +1
    I'm too opinionated. Holy crap....Maybe you don't like my opinion but just look around and see how fanatical people on here are with their opinions. One guy thought we should be able to stone gays to death because the bible says so. I thought he was kidding but it turned out he wasn't. These are the types of nut cases on this site. There is nothing I say that would make a normal person think I was a nut case but I do have opinions that may differ from yours but they are just differences of opinions.
    Now maybe I shouldn't have said what I did and I apologize for the kiddie site remark but guns do kill people, that guns don't kill people comment is a really poor excuse of an excuse used by many to justify gun ownership by any and all.
  • cattast... Giantsfan 2015/05/11 03:44:12
    cattastrophy
    +1
    Ok lets say you got your way and there were NO guns to be seized.
    Whats next knives? Baseball bats? How about a mirror remember they can be broken so I guess in this cause you could say mirrors kill people.
    I have no clue where in PA you live but the last time I was in Philly I got the impression I needed an armed guard.
    So you don't believe in guns. Remember that when and if someone breaks into your home and you come home and surprise them....you actually think they are going to just drop what they have in their hands and run because BIG BAD YOU SAYS BOOOOOOO.
    Trust me that son of a bi**h would put a cap in your azz before you can even think of calling 911.
    And speaking of, in many of the large cities the people are bit*hing and moaning about the response time that a cop gets to their home....on the average 17 to 25 minutes.....hell with my two best friends Smith and Wesson less then 7 seconds.
    So that phrase Guns don't kill people people kill people should read SANE PEOPLE WITH GUNS KILL PEOPLE THAT WANT TO KILL PEOPLE.
  • Giantsfan cattast... 2015/05/11 03:54:08
    Giantsfan
    +1
    Where do you get the idea I don't believe in guns as I myself own guns? I just don't believe in any gun any person. Complete background checks should be given to any potential buyer including myself from any source and the worse thing I ever got in my life was one parking ticket. I live in the north east section of Pa where almost everyone hunts and owns guns. I don't feel safe in cities either but crime in cities goes back to any city during any time period. You can stop your yelling as it's uncalled for since you have everything about me wrong as from your last response. Don't jump to conclusions those who do are bound to make a lot of mistakes.
  • cattast... Giantsfan 2015/05/11 04:23:54
    cattastrophy
    +2
    Wife is from Williamsburg, there in Blair county. To take guns away from people there would IMO actually kill them.
    Every year my two brother in laws travel to Duncansville picks up other brother in lay and head out for Indiania. They have a special palce just off 222.
    I do make my apologies in assuming you were against guns. A major portion of the people I have been debating this issue over cuss me out because of my beliefs about guns. I guess I just assumed to much.
    I can just see the three of them hunting without a gun...give me a bow and arrow and I am in seventh heaven....give the same to them hell they would shoot off their foot.
    I have two 12 gauges a 30-0-6 and I dare you to try and take Janie I will rip your heart out through your eyes.
    I have two side arms both registered.
    I have two semi auto 22's that I have had since I was 8 years old. Just got the one back from being re-blued.
  • Jacques... Ask Me 2015/05/07 11:42:00
    Jacques Shirak
    +6
    ...and spoons made Rosie O'Donnel fat! Your logic is totally absent! (not to mention the fact that you don't know the difference between than and then!)

2015/08/01 11:57:58