Texas Doubles Down On Obama's Gun Grab

Transquesta 2013/01/15 21:04:13
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm really starting to like Texas!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, January 15, 2013
Texas Proposal: JAIL Any Federal Officials Trying to Enforce New Gun Restrictions in the State measure would make any federal firearms legislation passed by Congress or approved by Presidential order unenforceable in Texas
Jim Forsyth

A Texas lawmaker says he plans to file the Firearms Protection Act, which would make any federal laws that may be passed by Congress or imposed by Presidential order which would ban or restrict ownership of semi-automatic firearms or limit the size of gun magazines illegal in the state, 1200 WOAI news reports.

Republican Rep. Steve Toth says his measure also calls for felony criminal charges to be filed against any federal official who tries to enforce the rule in the state.

"If a federal official comes into the state of Texas to enforce the federal executive order, that person is subject to criminal prosecution," Toth told 1200 WOAI's Joe Pags Tuesday. He says his bill would make attempting to enforce a federal gun ban in Texas punishable by a $50,000 fine and up to five years in prison.

Toth says he will file his measure after speaking with the state's Republican Attorney General, Greg Abbott, who has already vowed to fight any federal measures which call for restrictions on weapons possession.

Toth concedes that he would welcome a legal fight over his proposals.

"At some point there needs to be a showdown between the states and the federal government over the Supremacy Clause," he said.

The Supremacy Clause is the portion of the Constitution which declares that federal laws and statutes are 'the supreme law of the land.'

"It is our responsibility to push back when those laws are infringed by King Obama," Toth said.

Texas is the second state to propose a measure to shield the state from the impact of any gun possession restrictions imposed by Congress or by Presidential order. A similar measure was introduced in Wyoming last week.

Read More: http://radio.woai.com/cc-common/mainheadlines3.htm...

• Ally 2013/01/26 11:10:33
    Ally
    +1
    hehehe! I'm a Texan! LOL!
  • Scrappyang 2013/01/21 16:25:22
    Scrappyang
    +1
    What can I possibly say about this? TX is as TX does.
  • Kaye 2013/01/20 05:29:04
    Kaye
    +1
    I love this one
  • SIMPATTYCO 2013/01/18 13:46:31
    SIMPATTYCO
    +2
    TEXAS! "A whole 'nuther country!"
  • Captain-Morgan 2013/01/18 03:45:57
    Captain-Morgan
    +2
    I AGREE 100% WITH THAT... FACT IF YOU LIVE IN NY. OR CA. AND OR OWN GUNS AND MAKE A GOOD BIT OF CHANGE $$$$. MOVE TO TEXAS, NEVADA, OR ANY STATE THAT HAS GUN FREEDOM AND NO STATE INCOME TAX... BE A CITIZEN AGAIN, AND NOT A SUBJECT..
  • COMALite J 2013/01/17 23:13:51
    COMALite J
    +2
    Translation of what Toth said: “The Constituition is great except for those parts I don’t like.”

The Supremacy Clause issue was settled 1½ centuries ago at the cost of well over 600,000 American lives (at a time when the entire U.S. population was less than a tenth of what it is now).

Does he really “welcome” another such “showdown between the States and the Federal Government”? It’d be over six million dead this time, all else being equal. To put that in perspective, that’s over two thousand 9/11s.
  • Transqu... COMALite J 2013/01/17 23:45:30
    Transquesta
    +1
    I honestly don't think liberals care--and that's just the ones who've thought about it. Granted, most of the rank and file prolly have no idea about the scope of the hell they're going to unleash in this country should they keep pursuing/usurping other people's rights--but the libs at the top of the political food chain MUST have contemplated it.
  • COMALite J Transqu... 2013/01/17 23:47:01
    COMALite J
    +1
    You think Toth is a liberal!?
  • Transqu... COMALite J 2013/01/17 23:55:44 (edited)
    Transquesta
    Obviously not. I was responding to the issue, not the individual. Since you mention it, though, I don't think either side has considered the ramifications of this latest incremental attempt to deny people their rights to self defense. Conservative OR liberal, those at the top of the pyramid have either discounted the potential death toll, or are inciting that from which such will be the result!
  • COMALite J Transqu... 2013/01/18 01:50:27
    COMALite J
    +1
    You should know by now that I’m not a typical conservative nor liberal. If you had to put a label on me, I’d be a pragmatist libertarian. I’ve been called RWNJ and LWNJ here on SodaHead.

In my posts about quarantine, I was proposing a solution that would have virtually no impact on the Second Amendment, nor on the rights of sane and responsible gun owners, while leveraging long-established and well-accepted precedent.
  • Edwin 2013/01/17 08:15:26
    Edwin
    +2
    Wow. At first I thought this was evidence that Texas is a really backward, reactionary state, but then I realized that this measure did not pass. It is no different than the bill from another state (I forget which one) to legally declare a certain breed of dogs as 'persons'.

Basically, any nut case can propose a law, even one as blatantly unconstitutional as this one. And, unlike the dog=person law, this one is probably written in whole sentences.
  • LMA 2013/01/17 01:38:42
    LMA
    +2
    GO! TEXAS! I think i might have to move. I only ever hear good things about Texas.
  • Leslie Goudy 2013/01/16 23:55:31
    Leslie Goudy
    +2
    Sounds good to me. I am in conservative Missouri and we will fight too!!!!!
  • roman 2013/01/16 21:05:06
    roman
    +1
    HEY GUYS REMEMBER IF YOUR CRIMINALS DONT HAVE GUNS THEY WILL BE SUPPLIED BY THE STATE
  • roman 2013/01/16 21:04:19
    roman
    +1
    WOW THESE GUYS HERE REALLY ATE UP THE STATE PROPAGANDA DISTRIBUTORS SPHEIL WITH LOTSA GRAVY AND POO PIE
  • Walter Harris 2013/01/16 19:34:42
    Walter Harris
    +1
    I need to live n TEXAS so I will be safe from crooks like Obama
  • HOMBRE 2013/01/16 19:20:02
    HOMBRE
    +2
    Kudos to Texas. More states need to follow in Texas footsteps. It's well past time to Obama to stick it where the sun don't shine.
  • evangelism_vision 2013/01/16 19:14:47 (edited)
    evangelism_vision
    +3
    I am already looking for my place to go in Texas.... Can't wait to move out of the most Radical Leftist/Communist State in the Country.....

Can you guess which one?

texas wait radical leftistcommunist country guess

Believe me... California Sucks..... TEXAS, I'M COMING SOON!
  • evangel... evangel... 2013/01/16 19:25:04
  • roman evangel... 2013/01/16 21:01:28
    roman
    +1
    TEXAS LIFE OUR PRICES & OUR HEALTH PROGRAM

OUR PRICES   OUR HEALTH PROGRAM
  • roman roman 2013/01/16 21:02:04
  • roman roman 2013/01/16 21:02:54
    roman
    +1
    AND YOU THINK ITS GONNA GET BETTER HERE HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • Transqu... roman 2013/01/16 21:02:30
    Transquesta
    Great graphic. :-)
  • evangel... roman 2013/01/16 21:19:16
    evangelism_vision
    +2
    What is that a George Soros Organization?

HIGH GAS PRICES? I BLAME OBAMA FOR THAT
  • roman evangel... 2013/01/16 20:58:25
    roman
    +1
    have you got an unpleasant surprise coming, low taxes, & so many rules, regs, drug tests, fees, ordinances, and not taxes but levies, and oh yeah more fees, we have the cheapest water in the country? with the most lax water regs, they don't even alert you for a month if the filtration systems go off line for anywhere from a few hours to a day? and then they send you a postcard, three to four days after, telling you may want to boil your water???? and you thought we have it good? just ask rick? he lies on all occasions, especially to citizens not wealthy, we have more of those people you love {illegals} than any other state in the union! and our wages really show it too, the poverty level they use here goes down while the rest of the country is going up, and as our poverty looks less, they match the wages with it???? so cmon buddy, if yer not a multi millionaire, or a member of the 1/4 mil a year club, you should feel like a peon, as most of the others here do, so hope you don't expect much in the way of employment????
    WELCOME TO THE GREAT STATE of TEXAS SENOR, REMEMBER, IF YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT REPUBS, WE DON'T WANT YOUR KIND IN TEXAS, SO SENOR PLEASE GO BACK HOME, OR WHEREVER YOU CAME FROM, THANK YOU.
  • evangel... roman 2013/01/16 21:06:20
    evangelism_vision
    +2
    It's a Big State and I can go where ever i choose and I WILL BE VOTING CONSERVATIVE WHEN I COME

I have family in Texas and they love it there
  • Kaye evangel... 2013/01/20 05:41:43
    Kaye
    +2
    Conservatives are always welcome here.Come on
  • evangel... Kaye 2013/01/20 16:50:01
    evangelism_vision
    +1
    Thank you and I am actually considering moving toward the area where Zola Levitte Ministries are located.....Dallas
  • Kaye evangel... 2013/01/28 06:14:18
    Kaye
    +2
    I live near Austin.Its nice here
  • evangel... Kaye 2013/01/29 22:29:29
    evangelism_vision
    +2
    ****************** SORRY Kaye ****************************

I have not been on the Computer for the last four days as I was so very sick with the flu going around, vomiting, fainting and light headed confined to bed, I felt I wanted to go home I was so sick

Please forgive me for not getting back to you all sooner

Praise the Lord I am much better feeling now and ready to take on whatever happens...so to speak hahahaah

Jerry

I will consider that area also. When i come to Texas it won't be to look for a Job because I am retired but I want to find a Great area where I can keep my Guns and reduce my taxes

hahahahahaha
  • Kaye roman 2013/01/20 05:39:49
    Kaye
    +1
    If you don't like it here get out.We won't miss you
  • rich krupa 2013/01/16 19:02:04
    rich krupa
    +13
    how about pennsylvania getting on this
  • Swampdog PWCM 2013/01/16 18:21:18
    Swampdog PWCM
    +5
    Good for Texas! If gun laws work so great, why is living in Chicago so dangerous?
  • Kaye Swampdo... 2013/01/20 05:42:32
    Kaye
    +2
    Chicago is full of criminals
  • Swampdo... Kaye 2013/01/20 19:05:30
    Swampdog PWCM
    +1
    That's their biggest export!
  • TerryAgee 2013/01/16 18:06:18
    TerryAgee
    +4
    Good for Texas!
  • bluelady 2013/01/16 16:14:23
    bluelady
    +3
    wow....maybe we should retire to Texas
  • Jim 2013/01/16 15:50:00
  • Redneck 2013/01/16 15:11:16
    Redneck
    +1
    Texas really sucks butt, but they do have a few redeeming qualities.
  • Scalded Eagle 2013/01/16 15:04:12
    Scalded Eagle
    +3
    Go Texas, I am glad to see that some Republicans law makers are now starting to push back against executive rule by fiat.

2014/08/20 04:59:44