Tattoo Removal for Job?

Fef 2012/06/11 06:00:13
40% of people removing tattoos said they removed their tattoo listed "Employment Reason" as the primary reason, followed by a common tattoo mistake: "Name of Ex Partner/Spouse."

"It would appear that the economy is driving patients to seek laser treatment that may have otherwise not been interested in doing so," Dr. Eric Bernstein.

"Now they're getting to an older age where they're kind of going, 'ok you know what? I need to move up the ladder and this tattoo on my neck is not really going to work out,'" said Shane Bolton owner of Fading Fast Laser Tattoo Removal in Toronto.Lire 'On the job hunt? Consider removing that tattoo this summer' de notre blogue Shine On sur Shine from Yahoo! Canada. Think that tiny heart tattoo on your hand has no effect on your career? Think again. A study out of the United States shows tattoo removal in that country is up 32 per cent in the last year. And it … Continue reading →

career study united tattoo removal country 32 year continue reading

Read More: http://ca.shine.yahoo.com/blogs/shine-on/job-hunt-...

• riley.hammond.121 2012/08/22 17:11:58
  • Jaroslav Dantes 2012/06/12 15:55:19
    Tattoo stays
    Jaroslav Dantes
    Everyone is entitled to their own principles, but if you have a stupid boss and Holt must wear a shirt with long sleeves. Let then the boss can still return to the office.
  • beach bum 2012/06/12 04:12:09
    Whatever it takes
    beach bum
    whatever it takes
  • notokand 2012/06/11 23:59:58 (edited)
    Tattoo stays
    notokand
    I would cover it. I got them for personal reasons and are not intended to be removed. ... And that's why I put them in hide-able places!

On a side note, I don't see what the big deal is; unless you have a big breasted, nipple baring lady or bad words, people have tattoos. As long as you look professional and are good at what you do without being a huge distraction, who cares?
  • Melicious Kiss of PHAET 2012/06/11 18:42:38
    Tattoo stays
    Melicious Kiss of PHAET
    Mine is in a spot that is easily hidden or revealed as I choose.
  • Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru 2012/06/11 16:54:31
    Whatever it takes
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    Yep. Tattoos can hinder people in certain profession. If its gotta go, its gotta go.
  • Beat Magnum True Hero 2012/06/11 16:20:31
    Tattoo stays
    Beat Magnum True Hero
    +2
    Long-sleeved shirts are cheaper.
  • wolf sloan 2012/06/11 15:34:30
    Whatever it takes
    wolf sloan
    +1
    40% of the morons are realizing that they are morons.
  • notokand wolf sloan 2012/06/12 00:00:36
    notokand
    Rude.
  • wolf sloan notokand 2012/06/29 22:47:12
    wolf sloan
    I'm sorry. 39%
  • Tresa 2012/06/11 15:09:51
    Whatever it takes
    Tresa
    My son has to wear long sleeves even in summer just to cover his "sleeves." Big regret.
  • Yuki ~ ♦Lion King of PHÆT♦ 2012/06/11 15:06:41
    Tattoo stays
    Yuki ~ ♦Lion King of PHÆT♦
    +1
    This is why you put a tattoo someplace where it can be covered up easily...
  • Metaldane 2012/06/11 14:36:59
    Tattoo stays
    Metaldane
    +1
    I'll never remove mine but they're easy to cover and if I ever was getting held back because of them I'd start looking for a different job I don't like working for aholes. In my line of work though it wouldn't be a problem people like security guards with tats adds to the scare factor I guess lolz.
  • Chancy99: Plague Rat 2012/06/11 14:35:39
    Tattoo stays
    Chancy99: Plague Rat
    I would never remove my tattoos, for a job. 2 of the 3 tattoos I have can easily be covered with clothing, but my other tattoo is on my wrist. I wouldn't mind covering it with concealer, or even jewelry, but to get it completely removed for a job, no, I'd rather look for employment else where.
  • ♒ßεllεchεvεllε®♒ 2012/06/11 14:33:22
    Tattoo stays
    ♒ßεllεchεvεllε®♒
    +1
    Mine are strategically placed so that no one can see them unless I want them to. I work in a conservative field, but I have a wild streak.

cat e
  • Roxxi 2012/06/11 12:55:29
    Tattoo stays
    Roxxi
    I'd just have to tattoo done somewhere that's easy to hide.
  • Dyonus 2012/06/11 08:31:13
    Whatever it takes
    Dyonus
    Though if I got one, I'd get one on my upper arm so my sleeve can easily cover it.
    Whatever it takes
    +1
    And with absolutely NO Tattoos on my body ..
    that is where I will stay (NO Tattoos ever)

Seriously .. whatever it takes to get a job is what you need to consider ..
  • Beat Ma... sglmom 2012/06/11 16:22:01
    Beat Magnum True Hero
    Unless that tattoo is on our face, a long sleeved shirt will cover it up and is a heck of a lot cheaper.
  • Doreen 2012/06/11 07:16:27
    Tattoo stays
    Doreen
    I did not get my tattoo until about four years ago at 40. My tattoo is in a place that any type of job that I would apply for would not see it. It is between above my breast and goes onto the collar bone. If I have low cut blouses with the right style you can see it but not in a way that looks in anyway suggestive. I got it for myself so to show it off all of the time is not my purpose. It does have a name on it because it is the silhouette of a cat that saved my life. Over the years however I have seen colored hair, weird hair cuts, piercings, and tattoos to not matter as much as they once did. I realize for jobs that you have to go to college for still do not like them but for jobs doing anything else is fine. What is funny about me saying that it is more accepted is that I live in a small town small minded community so if they do not mind anymore the world must have moved on for the better.
  • KingdomNow 2012/06/11 07:06:15
    Whatever it takes
    KingdomNow
    +1
    One of my girlfriends was in a tattoo spread for Iron Horse magazine. Now that she has kids and attends PTA meetings she has to wear sweaters to cover up the mural of tattoos that cover her body.

I used to be a tattoo artist but I don't have any tattoos.
  • Pele Emerging 2012/06/11 06:57:36 (edited)
    Whatever it takes
    Pele Emerging
    +1
    I don't have any tats, and the only one I've ever been tempted to get is eyeliner. That's probably not something I'd have to have removed, if I ever decide I'm brave enough to
  • Oaces_boss_yo® 2012/06/11 06:10:33
  • Don Leuty 2012/06/11 06:06:25
    Whatever it takes
    Don Leuty
    +1
    Body art is not smiled upon in the business world. If you want a descent job, it is prudent to adopt behavior that is sanction by businessmen and their customers.
  • Beat Ma... Don Leuty 2012/06/11 16:23:33
    Beat Magnum True Hero
    True, but in the business world, you usually have to wear attire that covers up most tattoos anyway. Unless the pervert employer is asking you to strip, they'll never see it.
  • Don Leuty Beat Ma... 2012/06/13 03:10:07
    Don Leuty
    You haven't seen my GDIL. She would have to wear gloves and knee socks. Not every tat and body piercing was was judiciously planned.
  • AmericanVirus 2012/06/11 06:03:11
    Whatever it takes
    AmericanVirus
    +2
    It's not easy to get a job right now
  • Wolfman 2012/06/11 06:03:08 (edited)
    Whatever it takes
    Wolfman
    +1
    Fortunately, I have always thought that tattoos were for people that also had a bone in their nose so removal was never necessary.

2014/11/24 20:22:03