Talking Tombstones: Would You Want To Talk From Your Grave?

KayDee 2010/03/13 00:18:27
Yes, I would love to have that installed on my tombstone. It's a great way to communicate to other generations!
Talking tombstones? No thanks, that is a little too creepy for me.
I think talking tombstones....
Have ever wished that you could speak from beyond the grave? Well, now you can and it doesn't have to involve psychic powers, or some undead voodoo. A company has invented the high-tech talking tombstone, which contains a microchip that stores 1,000 words and a picture. The technology, called RosettaStones, enables text and media to be beamed to nearby cellphones.

A visitor would only need their cellphone to communicate with the dead. Theoretically, the visitor would be able to hear their loved one through the phone as well.

Would you want to talk from the grave to future generations? Or is this just a creepy application of technology?

Read More: http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/high-tech-headsto...

• kevracer 2010/03/13 00:21:29
    Yes, I would love to have that installed on my tombstone. It's a great way to...
    kevracer
    +8
    " Go away and quit standing over me."

• viola 2010/04/10 22:45:25
    viola
    would make chaos in the world order!
  • Samantha 2010/04/09 00:50:19
    I think talking tombstones....
    Samantha
    are crazy yet awesome talkin.... from beyond the dead......ahhhhhhh......sweet
  • Skylar 2010/03/26 00:24:27
    Skylar
    that's flipping awesome. when i die, i want that special tombstone!!!!!!
  • ♠♠♠JeLLo♠♠♠ 2010/03/25 23:36:58
    I think talking tombstones....
    ♠♠♠JeLLo♠♠♠
    HaHa I'd say something like "Brains brains I need Brains!", then have a hand that automatically comes up out of the ground.

talking tombstones haha brains brains brains hand automatically ground
  • gabriellamariab 2010/03/25 15:37:35
    gabriellamariab
    i wouldnt mind that at all
  • Carnage Rose Graves 2010/03/23 22:33:05
    Carnage Rose Graves
    And I have a phone sexy voice ... it would be great to see little kids getting thier jollies off on my grave!
  • alw_ays 2010/03/20 07:17:42
    alw_ays
    What if I'm cremated and am planted in a park or something? Can they make the trees talk? That sounds *awesome*
  • alittle_bored 2010/03/18 20:25:02
    I think talking tombstones....
    alittle_bored
    I am right now.
    What if this is really death, and life is what happens when you die woah, what was in that bottle...look at the colors
  • Maegan 2010/03/16 16:17:36
    Maegan
    you're technically not even talking to the person anyways! it's just weird.
  • professor71 2010/03/15 23:08:19
    professor71
    It is creepy and I love it. Sign me up! lol
  • Joker2874 2010/03/15 22:36:16
    I think talking tombstones....
    Joker2874
    Not quite sure..Would the tombstone B in my voice..or some other guy my family doesnt
    even know ? But it might B kinda fun to have a talking tombstone & mess with your sur-viving relatives..like I might have my tombstone say.."Hey, get off me !", or "I dont like
    pansies, posies or mums..Do you have any dalias, lillies or tulips..I like those much bet-ter"..or "Ok..jokes over..You guys can let me out now !"..or "Let me out ! Its getting a little stuffy in here !"..or how about "Did somebody die or somethin?..What kind of party is this ?!"..Maybe Id put a few of my favorite sports calls/memories on it..Like the 'May Day OT Goal' vs the Bruins in game 7 of the '93 NHL playoffs..Brieres goal or Camp-bells crushing hit on Umburger vs Flyers in game 1 in 05..The Steve Dykstra/Bobby Nystrom fight call or the Sabres vs Nordiques fight calls in the early 80s..Or when Talley
    scored an INT TD vs Raiders in AFC Champship Game in 90..or Kristies OT FG vs Oil-ers in '93 NFL playoffs..or Sam Adams INT TD vs Pats on opening day..Maybe I'll put in a famous movie line from one of my favorite films..like Gladiator,Dark Knight,Animal House, Cinderella Man, The Shawshank Redemption, Jaws, Star Wars, Raiders Of The Lost Ark, 12 Angry Men, On The Waterfront, American Pie 1,2,3,..Anchorman,The 40
    Yr...
    Yr Old Virgin, The Hangover, Tombstone, Open Range, Spaceballs, History Of The World, The Producers, Caddyshack, Blues Brothers,Austin Powers, Vacation (Original, European, XMas, & Vegas)..The Incredibles, Shrek 1,2..Toy Story, Wall-E, Bugs Life, Aladin, Cars, Over The Hedge & Up...
  • Morningstar 2010/03/15 21:29:40
    Morningstar
    Just imagine having it set up to say "AAH get off me, ow!" when it senses some one standing on your grave. It would scare the heck out of people while teaching the m to stay off graves.
  • bridget 2010/03/15 20:35:59
    bridget
    thats epic
  • mzemma 2010/03/15 18:12:30
    I think talking tombstones....
    mzemma
    Don't you think cemeteries will become obsolete? I mean the more the population grows won't we be turning to cremation? So maybe possible talking urns? Just take movies now using flipcams and store to backup either in hardware or at an internet site.
  • Thomas 2010/03/15 16:59:24
    I think talking tombstones....
    Thomas
    These things are as stupid as the Standing Lincoln at Disneyland. Since the deceased are probably already reincarnated and sucking on their new mother's tit, this all is a waste of time. The dead should be burned and buried, not flaunted over like a new car. Death doesn't creep me out, because I know what happens: The spirit moves on, reattaches to a brand new unborn body. Then the baby is born, and goes on with life, often with no recollection of the past life.
  • Fishy Freshman 2010/03/15 15:59:48
    I think talking tombstones....
    Fishy Freshman
    are stupid, a waste of time ect... i mean, seriously they make a microchip to put on tombstones yet they dont bother making or try to make an invention that can help teach and educate the mentaly disabled kids that need help with their education... let the dead rest in peace, they should leave the dead alone! it's like sticking a microchip n their dead body in a way.
  • bunnyC 2010/03/15 15:33:56
    I think talking tombstones....
    bunnyC
    are a waste of brainpower and resources
  • Julie~ThisisitforMJ1~ 2010/03/15 15:08:21
    Julie~ThisisitforMJ1~
    I think it would be neat totell my great great great grandchildren what i went through in life and how it was to be a teenager in the 1980s Who was the big Stars and who i seen become pres. and a lot of other things...I think it would be very informate and i think the new wave of high Tech will be great!!!! grandchildren life teenager 1980s stars pres informate wave high tech grandchildren life teenager 1980s stars pres informate wave high tech
  • bob 2010/03/15 09:16:20 (edited)
    I think talking tombstones....
    bob
    Are silly when someone dies the remaining affected needs to move on, a talking tombstone will not help that.
  • Velvetrose 2010/03/15 07:10:30
    Velvetrose
    +1
    I have dvd's of my mom at christmas. If I want to hear her voice, alls I have to do is pop it in the dvd player. Talking tombstones is way to creepy for me. christmas hear voice alls pop dvd player talking tombstones creepy
  • Tissa 2010/03/15 05:24:03
    Tissa
    +1
    i wished that they would've had that before my mother's death then when i had to bury her I could tell her that I love her alot and that i miss her so much right now.
  • itoldyouso 2010/03/15 04:20:15
    I think talking tombstones....
    itoldyouso
    Let the dead bury the dead. Means if your saved as a Christian your in the glory of GOD. Let the none believer or those that deny CHRIST worry about what goes on from the cold grave.
  • SpyderX 2010/03/15 03:55:08
    I think talking tombstones....
    SpyderX
    +1
    Who needs a tombstone microchip? People have been talking from the grave for thousands of years....
  • MOJ 2010/03/15 03:12:03
    MOJ
    Whatever happened to R.I.P? The last thing i need is for my dead grandmother to miss call me during school...
  • the dude 2010/03/15 01:41:04
    the dude
    i think its a whole load of bullshit.
  • twigirl34 2010/03/15 01:32:34
    twigirl34
    totally. that would be awsome. i would love to be able to keep with celebraty gossip from beyond the grave.
  • harakiriman 2010/03/15 00:29:47
    harakiriman
    Sure so i will be insulting people with 1000 words and a love installed tombstone communicate generations insulting people 1000 picture
  • Jenamarial 2010/03/14 23:44:57
    I think talking tombstones....
    Jenamarial
    I'm with kevracer on this one! XD
  • AsianGirl ^0^ 2010/03/14 22:58:17
    I think talking tombstones....
    AsianGirl ^0^
    +1
    It's kinda creepy but cool at the same time...
  • natasdrol 2010/03/14 22:02:29
    natasdrol
    Technically, I'm going to be cremated... but I like the idea. It's awesome. Will hostile last messages be allowed as well? :-D
  • Alistair 2010/03/14 21:43:47
    Alistair
    creep, no thank you..... that is all
  • AngelGreen101 2010/03/14 21:15:40
    AngelGreen101
    umm wtf if i was dead id just want 2 be left alone for me to sleep in peace soo hell no talking tombstones are a dumb idea very dumb and if you want one well im not shrue then...
  • Kurbdog 2010/03/14 20:47:11
    Kurbdog
    +1
    I'm not ready to leave,It's too scary to die,Ill have to be carried inside the cemetary and buried alive, am i comin' or goin' i can barely decide ,i just drank a fifth of vodka dare me to drive? Eminem (lol)
  • Illjwamh 2010/03/14 19:41:24
    Illjwamh
    That is awesome.
  • Nuke Dukem 2010/03/14 19:34:52
    Nuke Dukem
    I would sing this song!
  • Toodleloo SodaHead 2010/03/14 19:33:12
    Toodleloo SodaHead
    +1
    "...Uh...I'm a tad bit claustraphobic in here...Ooo, I wanna be a Vampyre! Quick, someone bite me!"
  • Randy 2010/03/14 18:53:26
    Randy
    +2
    Yeah, 2 or 3 generations down the line I could ask, "Have you paid off dumb asses' deficit yet?". generations yeah 2 3 generations line paid dumb asses deficit
  • UNforgiven 2010/03/14 16:39:20
    UNforgiven
    what the f...k
    so whats your reason to do this?
  • Saltwater Dude 2010/03/14 14:19:52
    I think talking tombstones....
    Saltwater Dude
    This would be a great conversation piece.
  • Saltwat... Saltwat... 2010/03/14 14:23:37

2014/12/20 23:42:54