Surprised Disneyland wasn’t doing this already?

L.A. Times 2013/01/08 22:46:15
Related Topics: Disneyland, Theme Parks
Workers at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Park took photos of visitors entering the parks Tuesday as part of a new effort to crack down on abuse of multi-day tickets.

The process of photographing guests--including children--delayed visitors getting into the park by about 45 minutes, according to park-goers. "They delayed literally thousands of people in line to do this process," said Bob Shoberg, a San Jose resident who visited Disneyland with his wife, daughters, in-laws and grandchildren. Disneyland officials denied that guests suffered significant delays.

disneyland

Read More: http://www.latimes.com/business/money/la-fi-mo-dis...

I once read an account by former Disney World workers about, among other things, the clandestine sex in which they engage on DisneyWorld grounds!
  • Jeff 2013/01/10 01:39:57 (edited)
    Jeff
    +3
    Disney makes enough on their overpriced tickets to handle any fraud, real or imagined. They have got to be kidding. How much does Disney sell the photos for? Who else gets to view them?

Soon it will be body scans and physical searches all to make us "safer".
  • mae 2013/01/10 00:22:46
    mae
    +1
    We last went to Disneyland almost 6 years ago, and the second day we went they had a Disney gate attendant with a camera taking everyone's family-group-couple photgraphs. When we asked the reason for the photos, we were told it was a pilot project for security of the ticket holders. So, it seems this has been around in one way or another for some time now.
  • Nonpartisan 2013/01/09 23:08:54
    Nonpartisan
    +1
    That is a rich peoples place. I can not afford it I have never been there and I may never, I do not think that I can afford it. I really do not care if they take my picture so long as they do not use it for any commercial purpose, however; since I am not likely to go there it really does not affect me.
  • Sperry23 2013/01/09 22:40:02 (edited)
    Sperry23
    +1
    They have been photographing people and videoing people entering the gates and around the parks for years in an attempt to keep out the Riff and the Raff. But now they seem to be getting a bit psycho about it.

Not that it really matters, since I haven't been to the parks since I was a real little kid and have no wish to go now.
  • les_gvt 2013/01/09 21:02:29
    les_gvt
    +4
    how do you abuse a "multi day ticket?
  • Muver les_gvt 2013/01/10 04:25:13
    Muver
    +2
    Yes, that is my question...not using it yourself and passing it others...who cares, it's been paid for...with an arm and a leg and a left lung...
  • thefatguy 2013/01/09 20:59:57
    thefatguy
    +4
    Armed with this information, I will never again spend my money at Mouschwitz anymore than I will spend my money on a leftist rag like the L.A. Slimes.
  • Somkey ... thefatguy 2013/01/10 07:32:10
  • SIMPATTYCO 2013/01/09 20:56:07
    SIMPATTYCO
    +4
    IN ORLANDO YOU ARE THUMB PRINTED
  • les_gvt SIMPATTYCO 2013/01/09 21:01:28
    les_gvt
    when did that start? we were there about 3 years ago and they did not do that
  • SIMPATTYCO les_gvt 2013/01/09 21:52:34
    SIMPATTYCO
    Last Spring we went to a venue to watch our grandson play baseball. When we came to the turn style they required that we provide a thumb print to gain entry into the ESPN park. I was more than a little outraged. They told us due to fraud and people getting FL discount tickets and selling them they had installed right into the turn style the thumb print gizmo
  • les_gvt SIMPATTYCO 2013/01/09 21:55:57
    les_gvt
    +3
    They don't mind dressing 10 yr old girls like hookers, but don't dare cheat them out of a penny they can send to Obama
  • les_gvt les_gvt 2013/01/09 21:57:02
    les_gvt
    +2
    just occurred to me- they support Obama and the Dem causes- which means they support abortion- aren't they killing off their own business ?
  • SIMPATTYCO les_gvt 2013/01/10 02:22:10
    SIMPATTYCO
    yep
  • Muver SIMPATTYCO 2013/01/10 04:27:27
    Muver
    +1
    Don't people question these practices...I don't think I want my identifying thumbprint anyplace like that...who knows who has access to that stuff...what are they doing..running background checks on everyone who enters...without informing anyone...TOTAL BS..
  • Rebel [SHP] 2013/01/09 04:16:57

2014/09/03 05:31:37