Stop using God and Religion as an excuse to justify your Hate, Ignorance and Prejudice

☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾ 2012/05/23 21:22:39
I am So Sick of People Using God or Jesus or thier own Religion to justify thier own hate and ignorance God says in the bible To hate Gays God says in the bible to kill Gays the bible says the Bible is true so it must be True
God Gay
YOUR GOD IS NOT MY GOD YOUR RELIGION IS NOT MY RELIGION
MY GODDESS AND GODS Say Homosexuality is natural and Part of nature
there are 1500 Animals speices with homosexuality in them homophobia only exists in one speices which one seems unnatural now?
WE Do not live in a Theocracy if you choose to live in one go live in Iran and see how life is under a Theocracy We live in a Consitutional Republic Based on Liberty and Freedom and Justice for Everyone Our Godless consitution laws and our Founding fathers were very much Against Bible laws being made into Laws to Govern Man
Hebrew Bible Laws are for the Hebrews new Testament Bible Laws are For Christians YOUR LAWS DO NOT APPLY TO ME STOP USING YOUR GOD AND YOUR BIBLE AS A WEAPON TO JUSTIFY YOUR OWN HATE IGNORANCE AND PREJUDICE

YOUR RELIGION DID NOT CREATE MARRIAGE NOR DEFINES WHAT MARRIAGE IS ACCORDING TO YOUR RELIGION THIS IS TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE
TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE
TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE

the origins of the word marriage Comes from the word Maier which means Bonding social unions under law

Marriage (or wedlock) is a social union or legal contract between people may also be called matrimony. People marry for many reasons, including one or more of the following: legal, social, libidinal, emotional, economic, spiritual, and religious. These might include arranged marriages, family obligations, the legal establishment of a nuclear family unit, the legal protection of children and public declaration of commitment

Marriage, as we know it in our Western civilization today, has a long history with roots in several very different ancient cultures, of which the Greek, Roman, Egyptian, Babylonian, Persian, Hebrew, and Germanic are the most important

at one time inter racial marriage was Illegal Do you not forget this America how Religious Right wings Denied people the Right to marry the person they love
Man and Horse that Built Civilization
Man and Horse that Built Civilization
Odin is a god of war and death  poetry and wisdom
ignorance now in color

Gay marriage and homosexuality is not going to Destroy the world or Destroy your marriage Gays and Lesbians have been Getting married for years and nothing bad has happened stop being afraid and using your bible and your God and your own ignorance to justify hate and Denying others the right to marry who they love

stop using your Bible every time you disagree with something the bible was written 3000 years ago and been Editted 300+ Times

its a book written by man, for man, to control man. it still contains immoral stories, but thats the whole point! there stories. even if Bible Thumpers argue that they were orginally the word of god, its been translated and re-written so many times by so many different men, that they have all put there spin on the interpretation, so it the word of man!
thumpers argue orginally god translated re-written times spin interpretation nbsp
Life and the world was Differant 3000 years ago when the bible was Written it was written for the hebrews not the rest of the human race

• Margaret Jacobson 2012/10/25 20:24:51
    Margaret Jacobson
    what does GOD have to do with religion ??
  • Mike Miller 2012/08/23 15:13:32
    Mike Miller
    +2
    Religion has very little to do with God. In fact if God were here today he would not attend church. In religious terms the religions of man are the greatest gift the devil could ever hope for.
  • Racefish Mike Mi... 2012/08/23 15:47:20
    Racefish
    That is for sure.
  • unreligious 2012/08/23 13:04:26
    unreligious
    +2
    "I believe that religion, generally speaking, has been a curse to mankind-that its modest and greatly overestimated services on the ethical side have been more than overcome by the damage it has done to clear and honest thinking"
    Henry Louis Mencken t shirt
  • D.C. Willis 2012/08/23 11:29:42
    D.C. Willis
    "its a book written by man, for man, to control man. it still contains immoral stories, but thats the whole point! there stories. even if Bible Thumpers argue that they were orginally the word of god, its been translated and re-written so many times by so many different men, that they have all put there spin on the interpretation, so it the word of man! "

Bart_Erhman2
  • clasact 2012/08/23 10:48:15
    clasact
    +1
    unfortunatley people alway need to justify the way they are some how
  • Bill 2012/08/23 07:27:37
    Bill
    uhhuuhh.. yep.
  • HorseGal 2012/08/23 06:57:47
  • darwolf 2012/08/23 06:13:48
    darwolf
    +3
    It's not about ignorance and prejudice. It's about power and control.
  • rustex782 2012/08/23 05:57:56
    rustex782
    +2
    i think its hilarious how they DEMAND we live by religious laws which would have us ALL executed for something eventually but yet. . . . they so happily cling to our constitution which protects our freedoms. Which is it? which one do they want?
  • Racefish rustex782 2012/08/23 15:48:31
    Racefish
    I'll take the Constitution.
  • Walter Harris 2012/08/23 05:48:21
    Walter Harris
    +2
    The bible is not an illusion of knowledge, for man has tried to disprove it forever. BUT THERE is a lot of people like Pat Robertson whom hide behind the bible to push "THEIR" point of view. And when things don't go their way, they scream "separation of church and state".
    Ironically, the gospels spoke of him, " Don't be as the scribes and the pharisees who go to the corners and preach one thing and hide behind the other for their own welfare".
    With all this said, religious freaks, SHUT UP!..
  • Guru_T_Firefly 2012/08/23 05:29:56
    Guru_T_Firefly
    Amen.
  • jubil8 BN-0 PON 2012/08/23 05:08:23
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    +2
    Few haters have the guts to take responsibility for their own hating. Tough to admit that you're a despicable, sorry excuse for a human being.
  • Urhsten 2012/08/23 04:59:00
    Urhsten
    +1
    The bible may be wrong, but Jesus is real.
    And his message is for everyone to love each other. :)
    I'm no Christian, but Jesus was the strongest Reiki healer of all time.
  • Buzzymuzzwelle 2012/08/23 04:58:00
    Buzzymuzzwelle
    DAW, I'll pray for you. Jesus came to save us from all sin. No person is innocent. I have
    no problem with Civil Unions but Marriage is between Man and Woman. Take a deep
    breath. God does Love You. Buzzy
  • Guru_T_... Buzzymu... 2012/08/23 05:34:25 (edited)
    Guru_T_Firefly
    Correction: Your alleged (and probably fictitious) Jesus allegedly came to save everyone from the alleged (and probably fictitious) original sin that your alleged (and probably fictitious) god gave us without our permission. I won't bother praying for you, but I promise to wish really, really hard that you lose your unreasonable fear of homosexual marriage.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Guru_T_... 2012/08/23 13:56:46
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    Rufus can you read my blog and tell me what you think
    The Origins of Marriage Traditions and how Marriage is a PAGAN Institution
    http://paganafterlifeandsalva...
  • Guru_T_... ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/08/23 16:17:15
    Guru_T_Firefly
    Love the blog. It's full of undeniable facts that Christianity will surely wish to ignore.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Guru_T_... 2012/08/23 16:38:41
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    I have tons of blogs with tons of information i might be religious but you dont see me going you must Accept Gaia or you wont be Reincarnated
  • Anonymo... Buzzymu... 2012/08/23 09:20:56 (edited)
    Anonymous Coward218
    +1
    DAW is a better "Christian" than most Christians I know! Except...he's a Pagan, and he through his posts, discussions, and topics have helped guide my spirituality exponentially! I have grown more in the past 6 months of lurking around his topics, and taking it all in, than I have in 8 years of Studying Theology!

As far as marriage: God/Goddess doesn't hate ANYBODY! Denying them the right to a true marriage cripples their souls and causes unnecessary anguish...God/Goddess doesn't wish to hurt or harm ANYONE. Who are WE human beings to sit here and define "marriage" and then exclude certain subsets and groups within our species from participating in this "marriage"? Love in ANY form is a GOOD thing! It MAY just be a "piece of paper" but it has such profound effects on us. That piece of paper makes people work harder to MAKE it work! Commitment to love is a GOOD thing! God/Goddess will NEVER condemn a GOOD thing, regardless of what the early Philosophers, Translators, and Scribes put in any MAN MADE religous text!
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Anonymo... 2012/08/23 13:46:46
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    I dont need a holybook to tell me to be a moral person i am a morale good person without a God
  • Anonymo... ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/08/24 00:24:23
    Anonymous Coward218
    The comment wasn't FOR you, it was ABOUT you.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Buzzymu... 2012/08/23 13:56:24
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +2
    Marriage existed way before Christianity was ever dreamed up. Before Judaism was ever dreamed up. Before Zoroastrianism. Marriage was created by Pagans. It's not a Christian religious institution. WE perfected marriage. WE created marriage. So the Christians should not get a say in what is and is not permissible for our religious rites.
    http://paganafterlifeandsalva...

The concept of marriage predates Christianity and the other two forms of Abrahamic religions, Judaism and Islam which share a common origin and common values. Marriage is very ancient dating back beyond recorded history and was practiced by all people of many cultures, ethnicities and belief systems on all continents.

Gay marriage doesn't harm anybody and does not take any rights away from you. You still can believe it is a sin and worship in your church. Not everyone believes in the bible and biblical laws should not be forced on everyone. This isn't a theocracy. Marriage is not a Christian institution. Marriage existed before Christianity. In the U.S., Atheists, Agnostics,Sikhs, Hindus, Muslims, Buddhists, Pagans, Wiccans, etc. are also allowed to get married. But, I do not see anyone complaining about that.
  • Guru_T_... ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/08/23 16:19:38
    Guru_T_Firefly
    +1
    You're literally preaching to the choir, DAW. Unfortunately, that particular choir is trying to sing loud enough to drown out anyone who tries to get them to accept the facts.
  • Lamarr1583 Buzzymu... 2012/11/23 19:48:17
    Lamarr1583
    50% of heterosexual marriages end in divorce infidelity or financial so obviously something is wrong with traditional marriage and views.
  • David Hussey 2012/08/23 04:54:37
    David Hussey
    +2
    Excellent post DAW
  • Michelle 2012/08/23 04:24:06
  • Jorge Enriquez 2012/06/22 22:39:05
    Jorge Enriquez
    mmm...time will speak....good luck for everyone
    +1
    Well Said!!!
  • Pat 2012/05/31 23:17:04
    I would never deny anyone the right to practice their religion as they wish and to have their own rules or dogma that followers of that religion adhere to voluntarily.

What I do object to is the constant effort by churches and evangelical Christians trying to foist their beliefs on me. By trying to ban or reject legislation on social issues like same sex marriage, birth control, abortion and equal pay for women, these Christian groups are absolutely trying to take away my right to believe what I want and what my conscience tells me is okay.

I wish they would use some of their energy supporting programs that help the poor, feed the hungry, help drug addicts kick the habit, care for children who are abused. All of these things need to be supported and, in fact, are the very essence of Jesus' teachings. And yet these are also the programs that are on the GOP's chopping block!

Now, Mayor Bloomberg or NYC, is proposing legislation that will limit the amount of soda you can order at McDonald's or Burger King or where ever you happen to be dining!!!
    WTF!! Why should the government be able to tell me or you how much soda we can drink or what we can eat or not eat!!?? I'm all for healthy eating and for educational programs for our kids to teach them what's good for them and w...

WTF!! Why should the government be able to tell me or you how much soda we can drink or what we can eat or not eat!!?? I'm all for healthy eating and for educational programs for our kids to teach them what's good for them and why they need to watch what they eat. But not when these eating rules are mandated by the government.

I want the government out of my decision making process!.

I don't know why people don't get this. You believe what you want and we will believe what we want. Simple.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Pat 2012/05/31 23:23:47
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    of course they want to keep you addicted to Drugs thats why they dont want to help people off drugs then when your at your Bottom and at your weakest they try to convert you and brainwash you into a Bible thumper
  • JayLynx 2012/05/31 08:00:37
    JayLynx
    I say: let's everyone live in peace. We cannot put every christian in the same basket. People are imperfect, not only Christian, or Muslim, or Budhist... Everybody does a crap sometimes, big or small.
    Stop using your belief for persecute christians!
    Can you see, there are harassment from everywhere!
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... JayLynx 2012/05/31 12:21:24
  • JayLynx ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/05/31 21:58:13
    JayLynx
    Where are JC in those? What man makes is up to him. God is love, JC, the God's son, never persecute anybody - he was dead by a corrupt government (invaders) on Jerusalem.
    Mathew 7, verse 12 (King James Bible):
    ''Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.''
    Verses 18,19, 20:
    ''A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither {can} a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
    Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
    Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.''
    But, before, JC said (Mat.7; v.1,2):
    ''Judge not, that ye be not judged.
    For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.''
    Compare that with... (Mat.6, v.12,14,16)
    ''And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors
    For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
    But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
    Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.''
    *******************************
    The gift of free will can be ...
    Mathew 7, verse 12 (King James Bible):
    Verses 18,19, 20:
    But, before, JC said (Mat.7; v.1,2):
    ''Judge not, that ye be not judged.
    *******************************
    The gift of free will can be misused by any reader, even by the guy self-called Christian. And God is love and judge.
    But I respect opinions from other people - and I see that human institutions (governments, religions) are corrupt, but God and JC don't.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... JayLynx 2012/05/31 22:28:22
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    Families will be torn apart because of Jesus. “Brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death." Matthew 10:21

Jesus strongly approves of the law and the prophets. He hasn’t the slightest objection to the cruelties of the Old Testament. Matthew 5:17

Jesus is criticized by the Pharisees for not washing his hands before eating. He defends himself by attacking them for not killing disobedient children according to the commandment: “He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.” Matthew 15:4-7

Abandon your wife and children for Jesus and he’ll give your a big reward. Jesus asks that his followers abandon their children to follow him. To leave your child is abuse, it’s called neglect, pure and simple. Matthew 19:29

Jesus criticizes the Jews for not killing their disobedient children according to Old Testament law. Mark 7:9

Luke 12:47 Jesus okays beating slaves.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... JayLynx 2012/05/31 22:29:19
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    God of the Bible is not Love he is Hate and Evil Intolerance who tells his worshippers to Rape and enslave and Murder and Conquer

That is not Love
  • JayLynx ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/06/04 04:51:15
    JayLynx
    +1
    I notice hate in your words, not in the Bible. You know, the love of JC was the fundamental thing to make me a Christian.
    Why are you so worried about what may I think or understood from my precious Bible?
    If religion was not good for you, it's not my problem. I'm in peace with my soul and the other creatures.
    "Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, {as} silver and gold, from your vain conversation {received} by tradition from your fathers;
    But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot"
    1 Peter 1:18-19
    (King James version)
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... JayLynx 2012/06/04 13:32:51
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    There is no Hate in my Words I show you Exactly what your Savior Said

you find Ten Parts of the Bible that say nice and Good things and 99.99% of the Bible is filled with hate and Racist and Sexist and Crimes against humanity
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... JayLynx 2012/06/04 13:34:28
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +2
    What You Fail to understand is Jesus Does not Exist he never was Born nor Died All Jesus is a merger Of Muliple Pagan Religious Stories merged Together
    exist born died jesus merger muliple pagan religious stories merged

2014/10/30 13:43:05