Stop the fast food giant

ben Whiting 2012/05/04 04:44:13
stop fast food
keep fast food
i have a suffering friend
did you know that McDonalds feeds there poison to over 46 million people every day?
thats more than spains current population!
McDonalds and similar junk food restaurants are the reason america is the worlds most over weight country. so many chemicals go into making that so called food that its a surprise to me they don't wear lab coats in there kitchens. we've survived these toxic foods this long, lets not push our luck.
if your at all over weight and fed up with fast food rave this and if someone who you care about is submitting to there urge to eat please leave a comment sharing how you feel

• D'eath 2012/05/04 19:32:51
    keep fast food
    D'eath
    +1
    Nobody is forced to eat fast food.

It does not contain addictive drugs.

Most humans can control their greed.

If Americans have an obesity problem it may well be caused by having too much cash to spend on huge portions of food wether eaten at the most expensive restaurants or hot dog stands.

Just stop stuffing food down your throats all day and night.
  • Clay Slayer 2012/05/04 15:37:50
    keep fast food
    Clay Slayer
    Ever hear of private enterprise?? Is there someone on the street with a gun Forcing people to eat their garbage?? Who is forcing the Obese to gobble down those nasty hamburgers??

It is not the resturants fault that people have no self control...
  • ALofRI 2012/05/04 15:01:45
    keep fast food
    ALofRI
    I'm 75 and have been eating at Mickey D's for about 60 of those years. I had a vegetarian friend that died last month at 64....I wouldn't worry too much about it.
  • ben Whi... ALofRI 2012/05/04 15:04:08
    ben Whiting
    this may be due to a high metabolism. and will you please specify your friends cause of death
  • bob 2012/05/04 14:32:30
    keep fast food
    bob
    +1
    Did you know you have to make a decision to go buy food from McDonalds and they don't force anyone to purchase their food?
  • ben Whi... bob 2012/05/04 14:45:09
    ben Whiting
    did i ever say that was false once.
  • bob ben Whi... 2012/05/04 14:48:43
    bob
    Did I say it was? Its someones choice to eat there. If someone is over weight, they do it themselves.
  • ben Whi... bob 2012/05/04 15:01:44
    ben Whiting
    i know when it starts its all your own choice but after you eat at these places about fifty times your hooked and you have sudden urges to buy a big mack and pork out. the more you eat it the more you want it. but its still your choice only effected by your addiction.
  • bob ben Whi... 2012/05/04 19:47:36
    bob
    I believe I read somewhere about the odors from places and how they study them and design things to have odors that attract people, Not sure if it was true but I wouldn't doubt it.
  • Beat Magnum True Hero 2012/05/04 08:24:13
    keep fast food
    Beat Magnum True Hero
    So don't buy it if you don't like it! Get over yourself.
  • ben Whi... Beat Ma... 2012/05/04 14:32:54
    ben Whiting
    its not about me and i don't regularly buy fast food go troll someone eltse
  • cmdrbnd007 2012/05/04 06:40:19
    keep fast food
    cmdrbnd007
    What the heck? It's a choice, you don't have to eat it.
  • say what? 2012/05/04 05:27:51
    keep fast food
    say what?
    GM foods on the store shelf is a worse threat. Our bodies cannot process many of them correctly and most are not labeled.With fast food you have a choice to eat it or not.
  • ben Whi... say what? 2012/05/04 05:43:30
    ben Whiting
    I'm very interested in your statement will you please post a link to something that support your argument
  • say what? ben Whi... 2012/05/04 06:26:19
    say what?
    Just one of many.Do your own homework.
  • ben Whi... say what? 2012/05/04 14:33:14
    ben Whiting
    +1
    haha thanks
  • Heathen 2012/05/04 05:03:47
    keep fast food
    Heathen
    +1
    While I don't eat or support fast food, it's a person's responsibility to stay healthy. I know plenty of people who have fast food once in awhile and are fine.
  • ben Whi... Heathen 2012/05/04 05:11:21
    ben Whiting
    ya i get that but are you thinking of the majority of the people you see in a burgerking there mostly overweight mainly i just want better for our country
  • Heathen ben Whi... 2012/05/04 05:17:41 (edited)
  • ben Whi... Heathen 2012/05/04 05:34:27
    ben Whiting
    you can't disagree fast food is a huge factor in the full reason so many people in our country are so overweight but its not the only factor. another reason is media. when you see a commercial for food the images are designed to make you want a cheese burger, and when you see this commercial many times it gets pounded into your memory so when your out late and you wanna fill your belly your mind instantaneosly goes to whopper. everything in a BK ad is designed to make you think eating this crap is gonna make your life better right down to the way they talk in a commercial
  • ben Whi... ben Whi... 2012/05/04 05:39:21
    ben Whiting
    i also agree that people should live there own life and if an american citizen wants a burger he knows he's getting a damn burger. its his right. but still its a shame so many people fall victim to this giant media scam
  • Clay Sl... ben Whi... 2012/05/04 15:41:55
    Clay Slayer
    How is it a SCAM.. people are on the move,, seems they dont or wont find the time to eat healthy.. much easier to pull up to a window and then eat on the fly.. Still cant blame the resturant for providing the need... It is called Supply and demand....
  • Heathen ben Whi... 2012/05/04 05:40:19
    Heathen
    My point still is, fast food is not the only reason. Not to mention if you want to ban fast food, we might as well ban alcohol and tobacco as well. And good luck banning those. And you still don't have any right to tell people how to live their lives. Also, I'm not sure how dumb you think some people are, but I know people who eat fast food, and don't jump up for a big mac every time they see a fastfood ad, nor do they think fastfood will make their lives better. And finally, being healthy is a person's responsibility, not the fastfood industry or anyone else's.
  • ben Whi... Heathen 2012/05/04 05:51:41
    ben Whiting
    i understand this completely just because the few people you know aren't victims does not at all change the fact that 60% of americans are obese and i don't at all support the complete banning of fast food and i realize its not up to me or my job to tell people what to do or eat but i wasn't ever remotely suggesting that it was.
  • Heathen ben Whi... 2012/05/04 06:00:09
    Heathen
    People have the right to eat fastfood, it's their responsibility to stay healthy/stay in shape, and going after fastfood alone would not be the end of obesity, you'd probably have to go after many other food companies and products. Or try and get people to stop buying from them, or whatever you are trying to do with fastfood. Also at this point, they don't really need the media to survive, I mean it probably helps, but I'm sure they'd do fairly fine without the commercials.
  • ben Whi... Heathen 2012/05/04 06:08:24
    ben Whiting
    if they don't relly on there advritizement than how come i see so many god damn fast food commercials? we've already gone over that its up to each person to make good choices and I'm fifteen I'm not planning on doing anything to shut out fast food other than maybe making a forum about how fast food is bad and I've already done that so that pretty much sums it up
  • Heathen ben Whi... 2012/05/04 06:25:30
    Heathen
    You really think that without commercials that the fastfood industry would fail? And then why do you not get that? It is generally a person's own fault for getting/being obese, fastfood is not addictive like tobbacco or drugs are. Also I would say everyone knows that fastfood is very unhealthy.
  • ben Whi... Heathen 2012/05/04 14:42:46
    ben Whiting
    never sed anything about the industry failing. please stop putting words in my mouth. think that fast food sales would eventually plummet and hopefully a few restaurants would get shut down. and now you've stated the same argument which i have agreed with.
    aside from that scientists have confirmed that fast food is addictive,FACT
  • Heathen ben Whi... 2012/05/05 02:58:39
    Heathen
    It's not addictive to the level smoking or drugs are. That is a fact. And for probably the thousandth time, people are responsible for their own health, fastfood restraunts are not forcing anyone to eat there. And if someone can resist/stop doing heroine or cigarettes they can resist a burger. And why do you want restraunts to shut down? That would leave people unemployed.....Just because you disagree with the fact the people they work for sell bad food to people willing to buy it.
  • ben Whi... Heathen 2012/05/05 03:36:43
    ben Whiting
    fifth time actually but I've lost interest in this conversation because you've stated the same thing five times so when i don't respond to your posts any more don't be surprised.
  • Heathen ben Whi... 2012/05/05 04:09:50
    Heathen
    You cannot disprove that it's a person's own responsibility. That is not my fault. Farewell lad.
  • Clay Sl... ben Whi... 2012/05/04 15:43:06
    Clay Slayer
    +1
    Do you honestly believe these people dont cram Chips, doughnuts, and other trash while they are at home... The Grocery stores sell more trash foods than any resturant.......
  • ben Whi... Clay Sl... 2012/05/04 16:04:13
    ben Whiting
    no i don't believe that i never said anything about that. also i have already asked people to stop telling me i suggested something when in reality i never said anything about that. i know most of the crap you buy in a grocery store has been saturated with pesticides and pumped full of extra fats
  • Clay Sl... ben Whi... 2012/05/04 22:19:23
    Clay Slayer
    +1
    I was not puting words in your mouth, I was merely pointing out that the super obese do not stop at the resturant,, they gorge on anything anywhere..

Just like Smoking,, it is a personal choice,, if it doesnt affect you it is none of your business,,So dont try to put the tobacco industry out of business...

If you are going to spend your life championing these type of causes you are going to waste your time...

Personaly responsibility is not your business,,

Blaming the fast food industry for the uncontrolible populace, is like blaming the apple tree for a kid getting a belly ache for eating all the green apples.....
  • ben Whiting 2012/05/04 04:50:52
    stop fast food
    ben Whiting
    guns don't kill people people kill themselves with toxic foods
  • ehrhornp 2012/05/04 04:49:39
    keep fast food
    ehrhornp
    Just don't eat there often and/or stick to the healthier items on the menu. I like to have a whooper once in awhile.
  • ben Whi... ehrhornp 2012/05/04 04:56:45
    ben Whiting
    i agree in fact i ate at a burger king the other day the only flaw in you statement is that fast food is addictive and so the avid burger buyer can't get the urge to break there habit causing them to eat more and more and the ending result is a hopelessly addicted overweight person
  • ehrhornp ben Whi... 2012/05/04 06:41:37
    ehrhornp
    I guess. I miss the good drive ins. Growing up we had one that sold a terri beef king that was to die for. Unfortunately they went out of business. Seems like all the good businesses leave due to a cheaper product.
  • Clay Sl... ben Whi... 2012/05/04 15:46:34
    Clay Slayer
    +1
    It is not the burger Joints fault if some Fat assed ding dong cannot control their own eating habits... They eat the same way at home.. they gorge themselves on anything they can shove itto their Pie Hole....

2014/11/26 05:40:28