St. Louis Mom Encourages Toddlers to Fight in Video Posted on Facebook: Should Child Welfare Officials Get Involved?

mrosen814 2012/07/05 20:00:00
In a video posted on Facebook this past Sunday, a St. Louis woman is seen yelling at children and instigating violence, saying things like, “Got some action! Got some action! Y’all better ball up some fists!” A source who knows the woman who posted the video told St. Louis TV station KTVI that the mother needed to be stopped. Do you think social services should get involved?

HUFFINGTONPOST.COM reports:
Child welfare officials may soon investigate a St. Louis woman because of a video where she instigates a fistfight between two diaper-clad kids.

fighting mom

Read More: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/05/st-louis-...

• MO.gal 2012/07/08 03:09:36
    MO.gal
    +5
    These children are still in diapers. This woman needs to be checked out by social services. The "source" who knows the woman may know other things she is doing that is harmful to those children.

• LWS 2012/07/05 22:16:44 (edited)
    LWS
    +1
    The children wanted someone to stop them from fighting. So sad that an adult (a mother) has to stoop to this for her entertainment. Whats the world coming to??
  • None of... LWS 2012/07/05 22:24:19
  • ktyxes None of... 2012/07/06 02:38:20
    ktyxes
    why "women"
  • Joe Rizoli 2012/07/05 22:16:35
    Joe Rizoli
    +1
    You should have another category. Getting the welfare people involved in anything is a hell hole that never ends. I said NO here because having child welfare people involved in anything is another problem. When I first saw the title of this article I said to myself, what color is this person. I immediately said she has to be black, I was right sad to say.

If anything this woman should be setting an example of having one kid apologize to fix the problem. Apparently this woman has no idea what an apology is or how to set an example as a parent. The kids, are they from the same father? Let the black community duke out that problem. I'm surprised the black community isn't blaming this all on slavery.The fact that this video went public is the real problem for me because it is advocating violence in a public forum and quite frankly CHILD ABUSE. Personally, this woman should sit a week in jail and think about here future EBT cards and welfare checks.
  • LWS Joe Rizoli 2012/07/05 22:29:04 (edited)
    LWS
    +7
    WOW!! Race always has to play a part doesn't it?? Well there was a white women in Alabama who made her daughter run (as punishment) until she died, When I first heard this I thought to myself what color is this person, I immediately said, she has to be white and I was right (lmao, lol) I guess that's something the white community needs to duke out!! Man are you ignorant, EBT cards, Welfare checks, why does race have to play a part in it? Why can't it just be a stupid person??? CAn't you see that this is just SAD all the way around no matter what color they are!!
  • Mean Mommy LWS 2012/07/05 22:48:09
    Mean Mommy
    This woman can not teach what she evidently don't know! yes we all need to look at a person character and yes i strongly believe "cultures" each have their way of doing things. You know there will always be good and bad in every situation no matter what walk of life we are all from.
  • dekecds LWS 2012/07/06 00:39:50
    dekecds
    Well, to be honest, I would have said the same thing in both cases.
  • Latti I... dekecds 2012/07/06 02:45:05
  • DizziNY Latti I... 2012/07/06 14:06:01 (edited)
    DizziNY
    +1
    Why is OctoMom on welfare? I mean, if she can't support those kids, she shouldn't have had them to begin with. Again, the government encouraging bad behavior.

ThIs is how OctoMom is paid for th fertility drugs.
    OctoMom is receiving government aid fraudulently. She has gotten over $160,000 for a back injury from disability. She also got a workman's comp settlement. This is fraudulent because if your back is ok to carry 6 pregnancies, (before the litter of 8) and to go to school. You are well enough to work. She also receives over $700.00 per child for 3 of her children in social security. One reportedly has Autism, and the other 2 the disablilities are suspect. She also has student loans. the most current is for $50,000. that she plans on living on for the next year instead of going to school. School loans are for school expenses.

According to her mother, she never paid for anything. The whole financial burden has fallen upon her parents effectively driving them into bankruptcy. The SSI for her children's disabilities are for any special treatment that they need. Not for IVF or plastic surguries.

Her million dollar plus medical bills are going to be paid for by the California taxpayers.

This woman is an expert at milking the system. And she uses sympathy for her children to con ha...

This woman is an expert at milking the system. And she uses sympathy for her children to con hard working people out of their money so she can sit back and be a baby machine, thereby getting more money. She hit the jackpot.

What pisses me off is when I had to go for a major surgery, they gave me a hard time to receive help. I have been working since I am 15 years old, I always work. Sometimes I have had 3 jobs at one time.The one time I need help, they give me the third degree yet this lowlife gets everything. I also had to go back early because I didn't have enough money to stay out a few weeks more.
  • Latti I... DizziNY 2012/07/06 14:11:05
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +1
    Amen, but she must be Black lol.
  • ktyxes Joe Rizoli 2012/07/06 02:41:17
    ktyxes
    +2
    how many black ppl do you know. i mean really know, and what part of this country are you from.........
  • Latti I... Joe Rizoli 2012/07/06 02:42:35 (edited)
  • Inquisi... Joe Rizoli 2012/07/06 23:22:16
    Inquisitve Kat
    +1
    And if she was white? What would your reasoning be then? Because this happens all the time in white families.
    Not only is your reasoning racist, it's stupid.
  • Bibliop... Joe Rizoli 2012/07/08 04:33:47
    Bibliophilic
    Why are you talking about the black community when you know nothing?
  • taxi driver13 2012/07/05 22:10:29
    taxi driver13
    I Think she needs some parenting classes.I have 2 boys and yes they tend to fight at times but as a parent I stop the fight and try to explain why its not good to fight no one ever really wins both people get hurt and it solves nothing! now teaching them to defend themselves when they no other choice such as a person walking up to them and just start swinging on them well yes of course u have to teach them not to let someone hurt them but if u can work out ur problems with words thats better and if u cant then just dont talk or be thier friends
  • Shouldhavebeenborninthe70s 2012/07/05 22:01:03
  • Grant Straka 2012/07/05 21:46:46
    Grant Straka
    +1
    we shouldn't be promoting violence
  • Susanne DeWitt 2012/07/05 21:43:27
    Susanne DeWitt
    +1
    We must teach children to avoid violence and promote cooperation. That is the ethical way. The mother should be counseled in appropriate techniques..
    Sanne DeWitt
  • camii126 2012/07/05 21:29:44
  • Splashstorm 2012/07/05 21:27:22
    Splashstorm
    Wtf.
  • TerryAgee 2012/07/05 21:24:56 (edited)
    TerryAgee
    +2
    I agree that she needs to be stopped. Let someone post that vid on Facebook. Yay or nay?
  • smitty 2012/07/05 21:21:55
    smitty
    +1
    The sad thing is that you even asked the question.
  • Richard 2012/07/05 21:15:30
    Richard
    +2
    Lock her up and lose the key...
  • Marie 2012/07/05 21:13:51
    Marie
    Thts horrifying surly a mum would stop them nd see if any1 was hurt!!! I would get the children taken off of her u don't no wat she could do next. She is not fit to be a mother!
  • Earl Hickey 2012/07/05 20:55:53
    Earl Hickey
    +2
    shes nuts. lock her up in a bug house
  • TruBluTopaz 2012/07/05 20:48:26
    TruBluTopaz
    +3
    There's parents out there who promote violence. I had one really nice kid who was beaten up by a stupid poser whose mother drove him over to the first kids house to beat him up. They were not even allowed to have the same lunch due to the court order against the attacker. I had kids that came up from Katrina that thought every issues was worth fighting over. We used to have a fight every week-and more often girls than boys. It's not a racial issue, it's not even a socioeconomic issue. It's an issue of parents who are simply too stupid to own a plant, much less parent a child.
  • Michelle 2012/07/05 20:47:38
    Michelle
    +3
    Telling kids it's ok to fight just promotes them to be bullies later. Fighting in defense is one thing but a parent should never encourage fighting. This woman needs some serious parenting training.
  • Healingme 2012/07/05 20:44:29
    Healingme
    +1
    She's acrazy woman,they need to take her kids away from her
  • Mj PINKYFINGERDOWN 2012/07/05 20:36:50
  • Bridget 2012/07/05 20:32:11
    Bridget
    Its not right to post it on Face Book!!!!!!!!! There is something sadistic about it..............I dont think welfare is any better than the parent so whats the option, things are getting so bad these days God Help us!
  • Mj PINK... Bridget 2012/07/05 20:39:07
  • Mj PINK... Mj PINK... 2012/07/05 20:39:56
  • Mj PINK... Mj PINK... 2012/07/05 20:43:24
  • Mj PINK... Mj PINK... 2012/07/05 20:45:32
  • Mj PINK... Mj PINK... 2012/07/05 20:46:07
  • Danielle 2012/07/05 20:31:52
    Danielle
    +1
    I really don't know the answer....it all depends on how serious the mother is....I really think she needs a mental health test to see if this really warrents taking her kids away, or if she was just teaching the kids self defense if someone ever attacked them (but not to be the one to attack). if the mother was really serious on teaching her children to act like criminals, then the answer is yes.
  • Alexander T Steward 2012/07/05 20:26:08
  • George Zook 2012/07/05 20:23:53
    George Zook
    +1
    It's just wrong to fight children for amusement, or any other reason ... they are minors and I would hope they have some protection under the law from an idiot
  • jcadla 2012/07/05 20:23:40 (edited)
  • George ... jcadla 2012/07/05 20:27:14
    George Zook
    +1
    Kids fight I did and I had black eyes to prove it what I question here is the competency of the parent to post this on the web

2014/07/28 14:32:10