Spanking my son

slinkycat 2010/02/26 23:55:48
my son just turned 14 and has a very bad attitude problem with his dad being over sees who is the usual person to punish him the way he has to and i am not sure if i should try or just let his dad deal with him and give him a long deserved whoppin when he gets home or have me do it now so his dad wont have to do it when he gets back???? because my other children i can spank with no problem its just him

• slinkycat 2010/02/27 00:11:41
    spank his butt now
    slinkycat
    +3
    ok people i have talked with him a lot it has nothing to do with his dad being gone this all started even before we knew he was being deployed

• lucky 2012/06/22 13:23:23
    spank his butt now
    lucky
    Ive always thought delaying punishment, regardless of what kind of punishment is a very bad idea. Discipline should be handed out immediately.

Also if his dad is overseas he needs to know you are capable of handling the family while he is away, it will give him peace of mind and one less thing to worry about while he is gone.
  • beach bum 2012/06/22 12:54:55
    wait
    beach bum
    wait
    wait
    violence begets violence
  • ☠ Live Free Or Die ☠ 2012/06/21 22:15:04
    wait
    ☠ Live Free Or Die ☠
    DON'T FEED THE TROLL!
  • nana 2012/06/21 22:15:01
    spank his butt now
    nana
    my husband is a truck driver and was gone for long periods of time when i raised our kids . i took care of spankings when needed and hug
  • MlssCue =Go Blue= 2012/06/21 22:08:30
    wait
    MlssCue =Go Blue=
    I'm not against spanking but I don't think spanking a 14 yr old is going to get you very far. More chances that it's going to make matters worse. If he's not upset that his Dad is overseas then what is the problem? I don't want an answer & God knows we have only a slight change of getting a real answer from teens but it's worth a shot to try.
  • pdarkow 2012/06/21 22:03:29
    spank his butt now
    pdarkow
    If you wait until his father comes home from being overseas it will be too late to spank him for the offenses he is comitting now. All parents have a responsiblility to society, their jobs, and to their kids. If a kid is deserving a spanking the spanking should be given then not a few months to a year down the road. That would be unfair to your son because he isn't going to remember the offenses he committed and why he is being punished. That would add anger issues and other problems for him and your family down the road.
  • ashley 2010/12/17 22:20:18
    spank his butt now
    ashley
    +1
    Look my father was in the military and when I acted up I really acted up I was arrested by the MPs and not only did my mom spank me but my father spanked me when he came home ever since then I rarly did something stupid. So I say spank him and then let his fathert have him when he comes home cause. He is 14 he should know how to behave in a military houshold. And God bless our troops
  • Denny 2010/06/14 06:21:13
    spank his butt now
    Denny
    +1
    Spank him now and then let his dad give him another dose if necessary.
  • Tara 2010/02/27 01:30:26
    wait
    Tara
    +2
    Should have had another option because really you should not be spanking a 14 year old. That is way, way to old to still be spanking. You need to find some counselling or something.
  • wait
    Lady Jules ♥♥ in Lestat I trust ♥♥
    I'd see if you can't get him into family counseling, He seems to maybe need someone to talk to.

Or you could completely clear his room of everything while he's in school (bed, dresser....everything except a sleeping bag, a pillow and three changes of clothes) and just tell him when he gets over his attitude problem he can have things back....but only give them back one thing at a time. My friend did that to her 13 year old daughter and it straightened her up right away.
  • flaca BN-0 2010/02/27 00:20:55
    wait
    flaca BN-0
    +2
    is there a male in your extended family or a friend, or even the doctor whom you could enlist to talk to him and try to find out what's wrong? Boys of that age usually will open up to another male. Don't forget that adolescents are moody and get down and lash out.
  • SNIPER 2010/02/27 00:20:08
    wait
    SNIPER
    +2
    Buy a Taser ! :0)
  • sowrong... SNIPER 2010/02/27 00:33:48
  • One-A-Day 2010/02/27 00:17:07
    wait
    One-A-Day
    At that age I don't think spanking is going to do any good for him or you. All it is gonna do it build a resentment in him for you and embarrass him. That will just cause more issues between him and you and his Dad. There has to be another way. Talking isn't the only solution, but definitely a part of it...
  • Bill S One-A-Day 2010/05/20 04:25:57
    Bill S
    +1
    guess oneaday never got spanked. I got one or two when i was 13 or 14 always made me think twice too even worse when Mom did it at that age.
  • slinkycat 2010/02/27 00:11:41
    spank his butt now
    slinkycat
    +3
  • Amber V. (Bunny's *Kitten*) 2010/02/27 00:06:12 (edited)
    wait
    Amber V. (Bunny's *Kitten*)
    +1
    Spanking isn't going to get through to a 14 year old boy. Talk to him. There may be things bothering him that he hasn't told anyone and all the things going wrong at home is just making him have a bad attitude. My mom constantly yells at me when she thinks I have a bad attitude, but really that just makes me even more mad because she can't sit down and talk to me about things. Talking to him will get through to him better
  • ♥mom♥ 2010/02/27 00:02:04
    wait
    ♥mom♥
    +1
    needed another option....I think he is a bit old to be spanking, and thats not always a good choice anyway.... might work better to have a serious talk with him, then take away privileges instead, or have him do extra chores, it depends on what the offense is, its tough to have a parent overseas, everyone is effected by it...
  • Speechless 2010/02/27 00:00:01 (edited)
    wait
    Speechless
    Don't spank ANY of your children!! That's just wrong! I know you're just trying to teach them so they can listen or whatever you're doing, but please, DO NOT spank your children! People may believe that that's what you should do when children are being bad, but it isn't. They are just going to be afraid.

He has a bad attitude problem? Have you had a talk with him? Maybe he's going through something and you don't know. Have a long talk with him.
  • slinkycat Speechless 2010/02/27 00:03:05
    slinkycat
    +3
    i have a great many and i understand were u are comming from but its not like i spank them all the time only when they trully deserve it and they understand it and right after we are all back to the family we are close and loving
  • Speechless slinkycat 2010/02/27 00:09:33
    Speechless
    Well, okay. :/ I'm sorry.

2014/09/30 15:53:26