Spanked at age 15

stephanie 2009/10/10 04:16:03
i am 15 is it normal for me to still be spanked

• Laura 2010/02/15 17:57:31
    Laura
    +5
    I was spanked at 15, too, and I hated it then. Many years later, I have to admit it kept me in line much more so than grounding me or taking away privileges which my parents tried sometimes. My parents always waited to spank me until they were calmed down, and they never abused me. My bare bottom did feel the sting of hard spankings with a paddle. Just consider that your parents love you and want to have you realize that bad decisions have consequences.

• ali 2013/04/12 00:46:24
    ali
    +1
    I was never spanked as a kid and I'm 15. My mom never disciplined me either and I think thats why I'm a wild child. So I don't know if it's normal or not cause I never have been disciplined and that's probly why I get suspend alot and I also curse alot to
  • alex 2012/11/16 08:25:39
    alex
    +1
    I don't know if it's normal, but I was looking for some opinions on this topic since I'm 17 yo boy and still spanked. not really spanked, since my father uses a belt. I've some friends who were spanked, but not any more,not at this age. Is there anybody of my age who still gets it bare?
  • William... alex 2012/12/24 04:05:38 (edited)
    William Briggs
    +9
    Alex, I have been a child worker all my life and, no, it is probably not healthy nor normal for any 17-year-old to be spanked. The best "consequences" are those which are directly connected to the action we parents are trying to correct. For example, if you come home after curfew, I would take away your driving privileges. That's reasonable. You couldn't be trusted with the car, so you don't use the car again.

If you get poor grades in school, I would insist you stay home more and allow me to help you with your homework. Even if that means losing a night out with your friends, or having to give up an extra-curricular activity. That seems to be another very reasonable consequence, this time related to your bad grades.

Most experts believe that parents should never spank teenagers your age. However, there are some rare situations I would not hesitate to spank a teenage son of mine. Shoplifting or drinking & driving are two of those situations. Other parents choose to raise their children without any spanking at all, and that's usually the most effective way to raise a successful, mature, well-adjusted young man.

If you are being regularly spanked, your parents are failing to use other, more effective, ways to teach you appropriate behavior. If it's a rare one-time spanking for a ver...

If you are being regularly spanked, your parents are failing to use other, more effective, ways to teach you appropriate behavior. If it's a rare one-time spanking for a very serious or dangerous offense, then I see little problem with it.

As for a 17-year-old being spanked on the bare bottom, it is probably not normal nor healthy. I can see only one or two rare instances where it might be okay. (Your family is nudist, for example. It wouldn't make sense to have you PUT ON clothing in order to spank you, would it? That may seem funny to you, but I know a family like that! Or let's say you live in an all-male household, as I do, where occasional nudity isn't that big of a deal. My sons who are near your age and I share a bathroom and so occasional nudity isn't an issue. Or, possibly one or two other rare situations.)

However, you seem to indicate the spankings with a belt on the bare bottom are somewhat frequent. It seems your parents might need to take a parenting class, or talk to a counselor or the minister at the church, or somehow try to learn more effective ways to manage a 17-year-old boy.

I have raised 32 teenage boys during my lifetime. Most were juvenile delinquents and, thus, they were fairly wild kids. The last fifteen years, I've been a single parent, meaning my sons and I lived in an all-male household. Of all those boys, I've spanked only two. One was 14 and the other was 16. Both for very serious, dangerous offenses and, yes, both with a belt across the bare butt. And both received only that single spanking. Both are now adults and will tell me, to this day, it was the best thing I could have done for them in that particular situation. Looking back across a span of 33 years raising children, I can think of only two more situations where I probably should have spanked the boy rather than grounding him.

Alex, the problem with spanking is that is can (and often does) lead to complicated emotional problems (and sometimes sexual problems) later in your life. That's why most people decide to simply avoid spanking the child altogether and resort to other methods of discipline.
  • alex William... 2013/01/07 02:07:58
    alex
    +1
    Thank you for your exhaustive answer. It didn't help much, though, since my dad, who read it as well, doesn't agree with you. I just think it's fair enough that I answer some of your questions. Yes, the spankings (more often beltings) are rather regular, and we get them even for what I'd consider smaller offenses (about three weeks ago I got it for arguing with my younger brother, in front of him), I do live in an all male household (since our mother got back to Brazil when I was just a little kid), but being naked under the shower or for a punishment is not the same thing at all.
  • Dick 2012/09/22 12:17:55
    Dick
    +3
    I am 15 too,still spanked.I hate to putover the knee on my age,But it happens anyway.
    15!!!, yesterday over the knee, by my mother,. It was so embrasssing,and shaming for me.Because I don't know why, I had a stiffy after the spanking.So; I am too old for it
  • Timmy 2012/07/16 16:36:14
    Timmy
    +1
    I would say 15 is the top limit to be spanked, at this age both boys and girls would be highly embarrassed about being spanked on their bare bottoms
  • David Williamson 2012/05/21 20:34:47
    David Williamson
    +1
    heck no in school my parents made the grave mistake of telling them to go ahead i had moved to a school district that spanked it would up with me throwing a chair and desk at a office laidy and male teacher its cool when you can use the law of defending your self in the act of being in fear of your life all those spankings i ever got as a kid just led me to be more violent dumb ass parents
  • katie 2012/05/07 16:19:33
    katie
    +2
    there is nothing wrong with that
  • Dick katie 2012/09/22 12:26:16
    Dick
    +2
    Itis embrassing age 15, still over the knee?!?.with all what happens, before, during or afte a spanking .I am the oldest son, oldest brother!They see it
  • katie 2012/05/07 16:18:39
    katie
    yes of course
  • ray wilson 2011/11/09 19:46:01
    ray wilson
    +2
    For being bad
  • teresasimpson 2011/10/16 03:28:28
    teresasimpson
    +2
    I'm 16 and still get it. It's normal to me.
  • thatguy 2011/10/16 00:45:47
    thatguy
    +2
    this is why kids have authority issues...."oh your parents are doing a horrible job go talk to this person!" no, they're doing the best they can when dealt a junk hand.
  • Lenalee 2011/08/05 02:23:50
    Lenalee
    +4
    Not out of the question. My family begins to spank at 7 or 8 and stops at 18. No questions asked. If you get spanked for skipping out on a chore or something so insignificant it shouldn't be worth more than a talking to, then I would be concerned. If you get spanked for talking back, cussing excessively, stealing, fighting, etc. I can relate. When any of these things happens in my family, it's off with the pants and undies and over the lap. We all know this.

Our mother does the spanking while our dad tends to be more of a warning. I generally just get it with the hand, but I wouldn't consider it abuse to be paddled or something at your age. You're never too old for a spanking when you need one. I honestly wouldn't mind giving a few of the teens my age a spanking or two. (Kinky, lol) These days, there are a lot of spoiled kids and teens. I'm glad my mother spanks me. It keeps me in line and reminds me what's right and what's wrong.
  • stephanie Lenalee 2011/08/05 03:09:35
    stephanie
    I think its not fair at all for me to be spanked for cursing at my parents all there suppose to do is buy me things and drive me places
  • fingers stephanie 2011/10/15 14:49:32
    fingers
    +1
    Act like a brat and be treated as one. Your lucky you don't have my step-mom as a mom. Your commet would of gotten you a bare butt blistering with the hair brush and trust me the hair brush is the worst.
  • stephanie fingers 2011/11/05 13:12:54
  • sick of... stephanie 2012/02/27 15:57:13
    sick of them all
    you have alot to learn little one.. alot to learn.
  • stephanie fingers 2011/11/05 16:53:50
    stephanie
    im not a brat maby you are if you get spanked with the hairbrush on your bare ass
  • cgithens1 fingers 2012/01/25 20:40:38
    cgithens1
    are you still spanked by your step mom?
  • David W... fingers 2012/05/21 20:35:41
    David Williamson
    +3
    no step parent would have ever gotten the best of me i was more of a wild child attack the adults who cares
  • sick of... stephanie 2012/02/27 15:55:48
    sick of them all
    wow I don't even know you but I want to spank you myself. If you really feel that way you are a spoiled bratt and deserve all the spanking you get even more,
  • David W... sick of... 2012/05/21 20:36:59
    David Williamson
    +3
    your just a punk.... got that got slapped around by everyone and still affraid to stand up for your own oppion
  • cgithens1 Lenalee 2012/01/25 20:39:44
    cgithens1
    Did your mom ever spank you with a sandal or flip flop before?
  • stephanie cgithens1 2012/03/21 06:25:02
    stephanie
    yea it hurts alot
  • cgithens1 stephanie 2013/05/27 19:11:43
    cgithens1
    How often would mom spank you with a sandal or flip flops?
  • Rennie ... Lenalee 2013/05/09 17:04:44
    Rennie Gade
    Excellent comment, Lenalee! I love your attitude towards spanking and getting spanked - and I'll bet you'd be no slouch in giving a spanking, either.
  • cgithens1 Lenalee 2013/11/10 19:00:09
    cgithens1
    Would you spank some of teens with your sandals or flip flops?
  • 12 yo girl 2011/04/22 22:04:24
    12 yo girl
    +1
    i have never been spanked but want to be so i know what it feels like how does it feel
  • stephanie 12 yo girl 2011/08/05 03:10:11
    stephanie
    It hurts and its humiliating
  • fingers stephanie 2011/10/15 14:51:12
    fingers
    +1
    Uhhh ok 1 it's suppose to hurt and 2 yes very humiliating so what you got 1 out of 1 right?
  • lonly 12 yo girl 2011/10/22 21:54:28
    lonly
    +3
    It hurts
  • sammyantha 2011/04/21 18:46:01
    sammyantha
    +3
    I don't actually know I don't know anyone who was spanked at 15 and I was never spanked
    P.S I am 12
  • red bottom 2010/12/02 17:26:23
    red bottom
    +2
    yes it is and the harder the better and only on the bare bottom otk using the hand as an implement.
  • Abel Lewis 2010/11/10 21:14:25
    Abel Lewis
    +1
    Yes it's normal. Don't disrespect your parents and you won't get a spanking.
  • stephanie Abel Lewis 2011/08/05 03:11:01
    stephanie
    They don't deserve respect
  • Abel Lewis stephanie 2011/08/09 20:43:20
    Abel Lewis
    If you don't want your butt to be lit on fire respect your parents. You can either do that.

Or you won't be sitting down for a long time.
  • stephanie Abel Lewis 2011/09/07 01:35:32
    stephanie
    I guess I won't be sitting for a while
  • Abel Lewis stephanie 2011/09/24 19:08:19
    Abel Lewis
    You would be a crying mess after I was done beating your butt. And you would be sitting on a pillow too.
  • stephanie Abel Lewis 2011/09/25 14:21:16
    stephanie
    yea right

2014/08/27 07:14:59