So when you, a mere human being, pass judgment on others and yet sin yourself, do you think you will escape God’s judgment?

Kyra 2013/01/21 22:56:50
Related Topics: God, Sin, Human

• bags the Indigenous Guru 2013/04/04 16:07:41
    bags the Indigenous Guru
    No....we none of us escape that.
  • sαиѕ sσℓєιℓ~ 2013/04/04 10:23:19
    sαиѕ sσℓєιℓ~
    +1
    I"d be a huge and massive hypocrite. That's why I try not to judge.
  • Masaca 2013/04/04 05:42:51
    Masaca
    +1
    Nope, I know I wont escape His judgement on this matter. Other sins that I have committed, or do commit and will commit, are mostly fleeting, and I can recognize them, and keep them in check or to a minimum (except maybe lust,) But the judgmental thing? I do it every single day, and almost every moment of every single day in some degree or another.....And I know better.
  • ☆ElenaDiamond☆ 2013/04/04 03:23:52
    ☆ElenaDiamond☆
    +2
    No. We all come to judgement.
  • The Winter Sodahead 2013/01/26 00:38:45
    The Winter Sodahead
    I feel pretty comfortable saying that Kim Jong Un is evil.
  • Fanghur 2013/01/25 22:10:27
    Fanghur
    Since there's no reason to assume that any god exists to pass judgement on us, I find this to be a rather silly question...
  • Kyra Fanghur 2013/01/25 22:16:57
  • Fanghur Kyra 2013/01/25 22:31:43
    Fanghur
    Well I disagree with that sentiment, I'm afraid. When I see despicable people like Fred Phelps or Jerry Falwell, I hold nothing back. However you should judge a person based on their actions, not what they believe; a lesson the Abrahamic god apparently never learned...
  • Kyra Fanghur 2013/01/25 22:33:15
    Kyra
    +1
    I know I am not perfect; so to pass judgment on another person is wrong.... for me that is.
  • Fanghur Kyra 2013/01/25 22:39:13
    Fanghur
    Well, if perfection is the requirement for passing judgement on someone then no one or no thing, including a god, should have that right; perfection is an entirely subjective quality that is impossible to achieve objectively.
  • Kyra Fanghur 2013/01/25 22:41:01
    Kyra
    +1
    .... that is why I do not judge.
  • Fanghur Kyra 2013/01/25 22:45:51
    Fanghur
    And yet you worship a god that does... A god that is about as far from perfect as something can possible be. I highly recommend you read Terry Goodkind's 'Sword of Truth book 8: Naked Empire'. It shows very clearly why that attitude simply does it work.
  • Danny Omega 2013/01/23 11:06:55
    Danny Omega
    +1
    In the typical sense of Christian religion..No!..And while I mean no disrespect to a typical Christian (or any mainstream religious practitioner) most often hypocrisy, judgment and a narrow-view and general lack of acceptance and tolerance are par for the course. The devout (albeit stereotypical) are some of the most downright cruel, hateful, angry and spiritually devoid of the lot!. One would think religion would entail (bringing others together, acceptance, love and an acceptance of others shortcomings)..Though as I have stated, their belief structure, the church they attend (and their limited focus on certain select scripture, taking the metaphorical as literal and reading what they wish into the bible) has led sheer cruelty, hate-mongering, numerous wars in a never-ending dispute in regard to "my god is better than your god")..If we simply substitute one name here and there and jive around a few of the metaphorical references, we have basically the same story!..Instead of loathing others for not joining your (cult)..I mean particular religion.It would be far more simplistic and logical to step outside of the box and the organized faith and to simply praise, worship and seek guidance from the "creator", or "supreme architect" as I would put it. In that case we can cease on ...
    In the typical sense of Christian religion..No!..And while I mean no disrespect to a typical Christian (or any mainstream religious practitioner) most often hypocrisy, judgment and a narrow-view and general lack of acceptance and tolerance are par for the course. The devout (albeit stereotypical) are some of the most downright cruel, hateful, angry and spiritually devoid of the lot!. One would think religion would entail (bringing others together, acceptance, love and an acceptance of others shortcomings)..Though as I have stated, their belief structure, the church they attend (and their limited focus on certain select scripture, taking the metaphorical as literal and reading what they wish into the bible) has led sheer cruelty, hate-mongering, numerous wars in a never-ending dispute in regard to "my god is better than your god")..If we simply substitute one name here and there and jive around a few of the metaphorical references, we have basically the same story!..Instead of loathing others for not joining your (cult)..I mean particular religion.It would be far more simplistic and logical to step outside of the box and the organized faith and to simply praise, worship and seek guidance from the "creator", or "supreme architect" as I would put it. In that case we can cease on passing judgment on one another traditions, etc.It is time we set our differences aside, embrace one another as human beings and as we are all ONE and could strive to common goals on the behalf of mankind in an attempt to unify and bettering humanity. I hope one day we can all reach a point of consciousness/enlightenment and spirituality and leave our old world views in the dark-ages as we move on into a new spiritual age. I am not a religious man in any sense of the word. Though tht also does not negate a lack of belief in a possible "creator".. My views are very spiritual and very open. Unless what you are doing in your life is harming me or those that I care for..Why would I wish to judge you?..Understand?!..No matter wht path you are on and feel it is right for you..Please do not feel your path is the ONLY path and must be forced on others as you judge and vilify others for not doing, living or being EXACTLY as you do!...Does that make sense!!...
  • Kyra Danny O... 2013/01/23 17:10:30
    Kyra
    +1
    You made great sense!
  • taylordoesntdeserve 2013/01/22 21:36:00
    taylordoesntdeserve
    Yes, because I am Atheist.

Will I escape MY judgement? No, because I'll be a hypocrite.
  • Kyra taylord... 2013/01/22 21:48:39 (edited)
    Kyra
    +2
    Maybe you haven't heard the good news that Jesus had.... maybe it will not be held against you but against the so-called Christians who taught you the wrong message that made you not want to believe. Most do not represent Christ and do more harm than good.
  • taylord... Kyra 2013/01/22 21:51:56
    taylordoesntdeserve
    +1
    Well, it wasn't really Christians that made me not believe in God. It was several years of thinking and reasoning.
    The reason I am Atheist is the exact same reason why you are not Hindu or Jewish.
  • chucky 2013/01/22 10:54:54
    chucky
    You are not a mere human you are in fact a hypocrite,I do not know about God's judgement but Karma will.
  • Kyra chucky 2013/01/22 17:17:16 (edited)
    Kyra
    +2
    We are all humans.... and I never met one who has not been a hypocrite at one time or another. Keep trying to be Christ Like and the hypocrisy will get fewer and fewer!
  • chucky Kyra 2013/01/22 19:02:40
    chucky
    That is true and I have paid for everything in blood,I don't speculate but for all that I did wrong,I was taught and taught and taught,that I realised a list had been made.There were dues to pay.I became a much better person.I would honestly say that I had an Epiphany.
  • Stacie 2013/01/22 05:02:19
    Stacie
    No Sin escapes God's judgement.

The important aspect is that - no matter what the nature of our sin is, it does not stop him from Forgiving us for it.
  • Redneck 2013/01/22 04:02:27
    Redneck
    Judgement? Judgement of a persons soul or judgement concerning their actions? I'll say yes. The bible directs us to point out our brothers and sisters short comings. Not to condemn, but to help them. Only God can judge our soul.
  • Gregaj7 2013/01/22 02:40:11
    ONLY under repentance(1John 1:9).
  • Carol 2013/01/22 02:27:14
    Carol
    +1
    I don't live my life in fear of angering deities.
  • Stacie Carol 2013/01/22 05:08:36
    Stacie
    We don't live in Fear of God, as there is no Sin that he cannot and/or would not forgive us for committing.
  • Carol Stacie 2013/01/22 13:30:12
    Carol
    Then there is no need for this question. If your god will forgive any and all sins, his judgement is of no concern.
  • Picasso's Cat 2013/01/22 02:09:00
    Picasso's Cat
    Well first of all, I don't pass judgement on others.
    And second, I don't believe in any God.
  • Kyra Picasso... 2013/01/22 02:11:45
    Kyra
    +3
    Well, I am very glad you don't judge.
  • Picasso... Kyra 2013/01/22 14:19:40
    Picasso's Cat
    +1
    What real good would it do to judge , but to feed ones pride.
    I think our political leaders do that enough for all of us!
  • Kyra Picasso... 2013/01/22 21:50:57
    Kyra
    +2
    I agree!
  • .: LiVi :. 2013/01/22 01:57:28
    .: LiVi :.
    I think..

Why would God create us to judge so harshly and claim that everything we do is a sin, and restrict and control our lives instead of letting us be free to grow and learn? I think if there is a God that created us for a reason, he gave us all free will to live and learn from our own mistakes, and to just enjoy life.

Otherwise what's the point.
  • Kyra .: LiVi :. 2013/01/22 02:03:59 (edited)
    Kyra
    +3
    For whoever loves others has fulfilled the law. The commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not covet,” and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law. Romans 13:8-10

sun happy gif uglytaco
  • .: LiVi :. Kyra 2013/01/22 02:16:41
    .: LiVi :.
    I think it's good to have certain values and respect and love yourself and others, and treat people with kindness, but to do so not because you feel you have to follow any laws or commandments, not because a bible told you to but because you independently want to be a good person.
  • Kyra .: LiVi :. 2013/01/22 02:17:35
    Kyra
    +3
    I wonder why so many people choose not to be good people?
  • .: LiVi :. Kyra 2013/01/22 02:31:36
    .: LiVi :.
    +1
    I don't know, I think it's because the very definition of a good person or a bad person is murky
  • Charles White 2013/01/22 01:55:00
    Charles White
    +1
    In my humble opinion, , ,when you know better! ! ! you should do better! ! ! I am cover by the blood of Yahshusa and all of my sins are forgiven. So I therefore try not to condemn anyone knowingly and if I do I tried very hard to seek that individual out and give that person my apology and asks forgiveness.
  • Wayne TH G 333 2013/01/22 00:33:01 (edited)
    Wayne TH G 333
    +1
    Anubis won't mind me doing this!

anubis
  • reaper 2013/01/22 00:16:53
    reaper
    +3
    i don't judge people, i make fun of them
  • ken 2013/01/22 00:16:03
  • sluggostalker 2013/01/21 23:56:22
    sluggostalker
    if there is a God,then probably,nope

2014/10/26 02:54:04