So big deal. I'm Level 20 and a guru. It still doesn't mean I like what the Supreme Court handed down today. I would celebrate, but frankly I am mad.

TruBluTopaz 2012/06/28 21:06:34
So I guess this and a couple of bucks will get me a size limited soda in New York, right. In the meantime, at least Holder's getting what he deserves. I would encourage conservatives to make sure Obama gets what he deserves in November, if no sooner.

+1
    hey, let's celebrate anyway. We can vote out the liar in the WH and fix this crap!

celebrate
  • TruBluT... Jackie ... 2012/06/29 02:09:39
    TruBluTopaz
    +1
    Thanks.
  • Garciataria 2012/06/28 22:22:17
    Garciataria
    I don't understand why reaching Level 20 would change what you think on the issue. Watch. I'm gonna reach Level 20 having answered next to no political questions.
  • stevmackey 2012/06/28 21:07:38
    stevmackey
    They really let us down.
  • TruBluT... stevmackey 2012/06/28 21:12:02
    TruBluTopaz
    Yep. All the more reason to get Obama out since the SCOTUS judges serve for life. Whoever is in the White House next term could appoint two, maybe even three new justices. And that will resonated for the next thirty years.
  • Fran-Halen TruBluT... 2012/06/28 23:47:31
    Fran-Halen
    Didn't the Chief Justice, who is ultra conservative, side with the majority?
  • TruBluT... Fran-Halen 2012/06/28 23:50:34
    TruBluTopaz
    Doesn't make it right.
  • Fran-Halen TruBluT... 2012/06/29 02:55:10
    Fran-Halen
    I didn't say it was right. The court leans right, and they couldn't overturn it. Must have a legal basis if the court couldn't make the cons in America happy.
  • Jackie ... Fran-Halen 2012/06/29 13:53:15
    +1
    No, the court does not lean right - there are 4 to the right and 4 to the left - Kennedy is generally the swing vote, he is a moderate. This time Roberts was the swing vote.

Obamacare now stands as a highly regressive tax on middle- and lower-income families, a tax on jobs, a tax on youth, a tax on health, a tax on freedom of choice. In his decision, Justice Roberts wrote, “It is not our job to protect the people from the consequences of their political choices.” This includes Mr. Obama and the congressional Democrats who voted for the Obamacare tax increase.
  • TruBluT... Jackie ... 2012/06/29 17:27:10
    TruBluTopaz
    Nineteen taxes in the bill as a matter of fact. They include:

The number of new tax increases in the healthcare bill: 19

The number of tax increases that unquestionably violate President Obama’s “firm pledge” not to raise “any form” of taxes on families making less than $250,000: 7

The tax increase over the first decade if the healthcare bill becomes law: $497 billion

The top federal tax rate on wages and self-employment earnings under this bill: 43.4%

The annual tax hike for every man, woman, and child in America: $165

The top federal tax rate on early distributions from HSAs under this bill: 59.6%

The most parents of special-needs kids can save tax-free for tuition in FSAs (currently, the amount is unlimited): $2500

Read more: http://www.atr.org/obamacare-...
    •Individual Mandate Excise Tax
    •Employer Mandate Tax
    •Excise Tax on Comprehensive Health Insurance Plans
    •Hike in Medicare Payroll Tax
    •Medicine Cabinet Tax
    •HSA Withdrawal Tax Hike
    •Flexible Spending Account Cap - aka "Special Needs Kids Tax"
    •Tax on Medical Device Manufacturers
    •Raise "Haircut" for Medical Itemized Deduction from 7.5% to 10% of AGI
    •Tax on Indoor Tanning Services
    •Blue Cross/Blue Shield Tax Hike *BTW, this is a NON PROFIT INSURANCE COMPANY that many people in public services...

•Individual Mandate Excise Tax
    •Employer Mandate Tax
    •Hike in Medicare Payroll Tax
    •Medicine Cabinet Tax
    •HSA Withdrawal Tax Hike
    •Tax on Medical Device Manufacturers
    •Tax on Indoor Tanning Services
    •Blue Cross/Blue Shield Tax Hike *BTW, this is a NON PROFIT INSURANCE COMPANY that many people in public services like teachers, police and firefighters have-so if you think this won't impact you it will through higher taxes to help people already making low middle class incomes to afford it. How do I know? I'm a teacher. My insurance rates have gone up fifteen percent each year since Sept. 2011.
    •Tax on Innovator Drug Companies
    •Tax on Health Insurers
    •Elimination of tax deduction for employer-provided retirement Rx drug coverage
    •Employer Reporting of Insurance on W-2 (Preamble to taxing health benefits on individual tax returns)
  • Jackie ... Fran-Halen 2012/06/29 13:51:58
    Actually he is not a ultra conservative - never has been. He is right of center to be sure.

2014/10/22 23:27:22