Should this Coach be fired for a MALE member of the track team taking off his shirt during practice?

Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru 2011/05/09 14:16:46
Related Topics: School, Superintendent, Video
Yes he should be fired
No he should not
Coach Tom Davis was fired last week after one of his runners whipped off his shirt on a 75 degree day during practice.

The coach was let go immediately and in front of the team and escorted off school property.

The boys had been warned by the coach not to take their shirts off after some of the girls on the team had complained that it made them "uncomfortable" that some of the boys ran with no shirt on. He had even warned the team that their would be consequences if they did remove their shirt.

The team had been doing quite well under Mr. Davis tutelage earning a spot in nationals for one of their relay teams, with their outdoor team starting out 5-0.

The superintendent defended the firing by saying it was not the result of a single incident.

Fair or Foul?

Read More: http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/daily-take/201105/...

• Deviant 2011/05/09 14:23:00
    Deviant
    +13
    I think the "girls" who were offended by them cooling themselves need to buy a new vibrator to "cool down" their own frustrations.
    Obviously the whole school celibacy ring isn't working

• JCD aka "biz" 2011/05/09 17:08:25
    No he should not
    JCD aka "biz"
    +5
    "...some of the girls on the team had complained that it made them "uncomfortable" that some of the boys ran with no shirt on"???
    Are you serious?
  • Lanikai JCD aka... 2011/05/09 18:02:07
    +1
    What happens on THEIR wedding night you wonder Huh?
  • JCD aka... Lanikai 2011/05/10 08:06:53
  • Melizmatic 2011/05/09 17:03:22
    Melizmatic
  • sabbatha Melizmatic 2011/05/09 17:17:32
  • BubbaHoTep 2011/05/09 17:02:01
    No he should not
    BubbaHoTep
    +6
    So the next time a student at this school does not do as told, should the teacher/coach be responsible for their actions? Homework not turned in, teacher fired. Student not to class on time, teacher fired. That seems to be the mentality.

I wonder what they do at wrestling meets that females are involved in. When we weighed in, it was usually in underwear. If you were close, you lost the underwear to see if you could make weight without them. We never had any females in wrestling while I was in school...but they're popping up in a few places around the country.
  • ««Gingey, the Master Debate... 2011/05/09 17:00:23
    No he should not
    ««Gingey, the Master Debater of Þ|-|Дэ†»»
    +4
    This is bloody insane!!
  • Jake - 4Q2 2011/05/09 16:50:48
  • ILuvMonkeys 2011/05/09 16:50:47
  • Assassi... ILuvMon... 2011/05/09 16:51:32
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    I guess!!!
  • kookookatchoo 2011/05/09 16:49:05
    kookookatchoo
    +2
    thats the best part of track practice though!!!
  • Assassi... kookook... 2011/05/09 16:51:47
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +1
    LOL I know!!
  • mindfreakloyal1 2011/05/09 16:46:28
    No he should not
    mindfreakloyal1
    +2
    The male athletes here always take off their shirts during practice. What's the problem?
  • Assassi... mindfre... 2011/05/09 16:52:06
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +1
    PC Bull.
  • *a.e.g.'s babygirl* 2011/05/09 16:36:51
    No he should not
    *a.e.g.'s babygirl*
    +1
    i deff dont think he should have, maybe he got hot. this is nonsence. becuz its not like anyone has never seen a chest before. lameee!
  • S123 2011/05/09 16:32:29
    No he should not
    S123
    +2
    If that is really the reason.
  • Denny 2011/05/09 16:27:57
    No he should not
    Denny
    +3
    Good greif, How far have we come from shirts and skins?? What a joke.
  • Assassi... Denny 2011/05/09 16:35:28
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +1
    I know!!!
  • UncleKenC 2011/05/09 16:21:34
    No he should not
    UncleKenC
    +3
    I read a bunch of articles on the Web. about this, so to get some idea of what is going on.
    It never said anything about the girls complaining. All I found was some people or neighbors complained. I read some idiot hothead named Fogel seems to be the real problem! Fogel, I read in one article was once suspended for striking a student.
    Fogel, confronted the student, quite hotly and Davis got in between them protecting and defending the student. Fogel didn't like that and fired Davis. Fogel is Westwood High athletic director and needs a golf cart to get around, sounds like a real looser to me.
  • UncleKenC UncleKenC 2011/05/09 16:28:18
    UncleKenC
    +1
    Found one article about Fogel striking a student.
    http://www.dailynewstranscrip...
  • Lanikai 2011/05/09 16:20:22
    No he should not
    +1
    But the young man who peeled off his shirt AFTER being told not to should be disqualified from any future track events and lose ALL of his wins.

Put the blame on the kid it belongs on, not the coach who did a good job and had done all he could to keep them all covered.
  • Assassi... Lanikai 2011/05/09 16:27:58
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +2
    Are you kidding? WHY? It should not have even been a rule.
  • Lanikai Assassi... 2011/05/09 16:34:13
    +1
    He violated the school rules and his coaches direct instruction. So if, BIG IF, anyone deserved a penalty, it was him
  • gursrey 2011/05/09 16:17:29
    No he should not
    gursrey
    +1
    I didn't realize the male nipple was such a mentally scarring image!
  • Assassi... gursrey 2011/05/09 16:20:27
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +1
    It is.... I hate and despise it. LMAO!!!
  • Ruger gursrey 2011/05/09 18:41:37
    Ruger
    man with breast implants
    Notice how they cover his nipples in every picture he had breast implants not nipple replacement lol.
  • Leinad 2011/05/09 16:16:17
    No he should not
    Leinad
    +1
    Stupid rule..I'll say this, I don't know all of the FACTS..but with the line, "coach not to take their shirts off after some of the girls on the team had complained that it made them "uncomfortable" that some of the boys ran with no shirt on"..I will surmise that the girls were either:why do they get to take their shirts off when it's hot, no way is that fair..MOM",

or if they felt uncomfortable, why did they feel uncomfortable, were they saying they were PREOCCUPIED with the boys and couldn't handles the six pack, without going into a cardiac arhythm..
    hey in defense of men, is it the WOMEN that say men are VISUAL, not women, they are emotional and nurturing and men are physical and visual, when it comes LUST, then stop wearing MINI SHIRTS, and TANK TOP without bras....because men are visual..or are WOMEN ALSO and MEN CAN BE NURTURING ALSO..I THINK SO..

a LIE FOR DECADES< JUST REVEALED>>>BY A FIRING..

hunh , amazing what happens when the lies put down thier front , the TRUTH IS RIGHT THERE...

(in this case sounds like a DOUBLE STANDARD all the way AROUND)

Yeah lets get our students over-heated and die from heat stroke..and then that question would be in replacement of this one, "Do you think in light of heat stroke death, the school said so not take your shirt of of over he...

Yeah lets get our students over-heated and die from heat stroke..and then that question would be in replacement of this one, "Do you think in light of heat stroke death, the school said so not take your shirt of of over heated, is their a LAW SUIT....SOMETHING LIKE THAT

In the long run, YOU CAN NEVER PLEASE ALL OF THE PEOPLE ALL OF THE TIME, or even some any of the time...
    STUPID RULE, STUPID FIRING...
  • Cunningmungus 2011/05/09 16:16:08
    No he should not
    Cunningmungus
    +3
    Ridiculous..and This was Freaking PRACTICE and not even a Meet ?? Many on our cross Country team practiced shirtless and In 1980's nut-hugger shorts...
  • Flowers Cunning... 2011/05/09 16:26:46
  • Assassi... Flowers 2011/05/09 16:28:14
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +2
    OMW!!!! LOL
  • Flowers Assassi... 2011/05/09 16:28:59
    Flowers
    +3
    HAHAHA!! I have been waiting weeks to pop that picture on cunning!
  • Assassi... Flowers 2011/05/09 16:36:00 (edited)
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +2
    hahahahaha MY EYES!!!
  • Cunning... Flowers 2011/05/09 16:38:11 (edited)
    Cunningmungus
    +1
    Something like that.. My Fanny pack would go lovely with this ensemble..
    So anyways, why are the girls complaining? and what whining state did this occur? Didn't you girls like to see the boys practice in H.S?

lovely ensemble girls complaining whining occur girls boys practice  fanny pack lovely ensemble girls complaining whining occur girls boys practice  fanny pack
  • Flowers Cunning... 2011/05/09 18:50:06
    Flowers
    +2
    high school guys practicing til they were dripping sweat? only every day at 3pm!

LOL the hulk's shirt cracks me up... and those fannie packs just make me giggle HAHAHA
  • Cunning... Flowers 2011/05/09 18:55:57
    Cunningmungus
    +1
    Yeah what are those Girl's problems?? Must be the softball team.. yeah girls problems softball team lesbian softball yeah girls problems softball team lesbian softball
  • Flowers Cunning... 2011/05/09 19:00:47
    Flowers
    +1
    LMAO! not all the softball team is lesbo cunning lmao softball team lesbo cunning high school softball

haha maybe not the best example but I cracked up at her facial expression lmao softball team lesbo cunning haha cracked facial expression high school softball lmao softball team lesbo cunning haha cracked facial expression high school softball
  • Cunning... Flowers 2011/05/09 19:05:06
  • Flowers Cunning... 2011/05/09 19:06:30 (edited)
    Flowers
    +1
    :-0 I never considered snoopy to be pushing the lez agenda before!! LOL
  • Cunning... Flowers 2011/05/09 19:47:43 (edited)
    Cunningmungus
    +1
    No But Peppermint patty and her little submissive assistant that calls her "sir" certainly does... Have you never heard this before??? Christ sakes she is even wearing berkenstocks.. submissive assistant calls sir heard christ sakes wearing berkenstocks lesbian peppermint patty http://images.tribe.net/tribe... http://images.tribe.net/tribe...
  • Flowers Cunning... 2011/05/10 01:39:31
    Flowers
    +1
    ahaha!! I didn't really think about it!

2014/09/16 11:27:30