Should Schools teach your Child about Homosexuality

Angel 2011/03/25 01:47:59
Related Topics: God, Christian, Teacher
Watch this video at your own discretion ....
All across America, children are being taught in our schools, what you see in this video...

Is this acceptable to you, to have your child learn this at school and not at home by you the parent?...

Should Christian parents be forced to have their children learn that being gay is okay and in fact is healthy according to the teachers, even though it is against God's law...

Teachers don't teach children it is okay to be straight, I've never seen a video that tells a kid it is okay to have a Mom and a Dad...

Hello, what happen to America??

• The Dude 2011/03/25 02:02:31
    The Dude
    +28
    F*CK NO! THESE KIDS ARE WAY TOO YOUNG TO BE TAUGHT THIS STUFF!! Instead, why don't we teach kids to respect each other as HUMAN BEINGS and the rest will follow..

• Sumātogai 2011/03/28 06:36:22
    Sumātogai
    +2
    I see no problem with this lesson plan. Students need to learn this stuff. In order to live life fully you must first must understand life. Otherwise you're missing out.
  • B Sumātogai 2011/03/28 14:57:45 (edited)
    B
    +1
    shouldn't it be the parent's job to teach their children about sexuality, religion etc. School should be for learning math, english, history ect. It seems that parents don't want to parent anymore and are being lazy so they want places like school to teach their children about homosexuality.
  • Sumātogai B 2011/03/28 15:47:58
    Sumātogai
    +1
    Schools exist to provide knowledge and a winning edge in life. Parents can still teach there kids about homosexuality if they want to. School is just making it easier for them and to take edge off.
  • B Sumātogai 2011/03/28 16:25:25
    B
    +1
    Yes easier for those who are too lazy to take the initiative to do it themselves. No one said these topics would be "fun" to cover with your children, so yeah they might have to deal with a little "edge". Plus, don't you think a kid would be really confused when he comes home and tells his parents what he learned on homosexuality and they don't agreee with it and tell the child a whole new opinion??
  • Sumātogai B 2011/03/28 16:48:46
    Sumātogai
    +2
    Well then it's up to the child to choose which opinion is best suited for him/her.
  • B Sumātogai 2011/03/28 16:54:27
    B
    +1
    yes I agree a person should choose what they believe, but a child doesn't know enough...it's not the same as a teenager or an adult. I don't know if a child even fully grasps sexuality in the first place.
  • Sumātogai B 2011/03/28 17:33:41
    Sumātogai
    +2
    That's why knowledge is power.
  • Kathy B 2011/03/30 11:05:37 (edited)
  • Mariann... Sumātogai 2011/03/29 03:18:58
    Marianne723
    And in order to live life fully, these kids must be allowed to be a kid in their young years, and not have to worry about all this crap they are making them learn. They will pretend to listen, but their minds are really on being a kid out playing somewhere. For God's sake, let them be a kid, not a HOMOsexual genius. Think of the kids, not the ones out there whining and crying about what people think about their CHOICE of lifestyle.
  • Sumātogai Mariann... 2011/03/29 04:46:56
    Sumātogai
    +2
    Worry is on a personal level. nobody can make someone worry,that is up to them. I worry not on anything because of my mindset. Learning about homosexuality does not take the essence of childhood away from anybody.This gives the understanding that there is more to life then what you think,and helps to promote tolerance and understanding of this matter.
  • seathanaich 2011/03/28 05:42:45 (edited)
    seathanaich
    +7
    Oh no! Your kids might catch "gay" if they aren't taught to hate them, like good little Christian kids.

That person telling the kids that a few people they've heard of are gay sure is a threat! Get out your torch!

The only scary thing in this was all the paranoid Christians asking "does this mean we're telling our kids they have to be gay?" What a bunch of morons.
  • Horrid ... seathan... 2011/03/28 14:11:43
    Horrid Helen
    +2
    Nobody believes you can 'catch gay', but you can be influenced by peers, family, friends, education, etc, from a very young age, otherwise prejudices wouldn't be alive and kicking.
  • LilMiss... Horrid ... 2011/03/28 14:30:57
    LilMissManners
    +6
    These PREJUDICES are exactly why there should be more programs like this one!! This school handled the issue beautifully from what it looked like... in no way shape or form did it sound like homosexuality was being either encouraged or discouraged and they handled it in a matter of fact way! They should be applauded!
  • Horrid ... LilMiss... 2011/03/28 14:32:54
    Horrid Helen
    +2
    Opinions differ, and my opinion is children should be allowed a childhood before they are taught about sex. I am not applauding.
  • LilMiss... Horrid ... 2011/03/28 14:42:39
    LilMissManners
    +3
    Ummm... I didn't hear SEX being discussed in this video. It is important for you to recognize the difference between sexuality and sex!! I am fairly certain that stories about children with their moms and dads are read to the classroom regularly and nobody would ever think that was teaching the children about SEX... Just like the book read about two moms didn't instruct on or educate about SEX. Schools should definitely encourage acceptance and awareness of all kinds of people and keep the sex education to REPRODUCTION and PUBERTY issues only once the children reach that age.
  • Horrid ... LilMiss... 2011/03/28 15:03:49
    Horrid Helen
    +1
    This is only one school's way of approaching part of the lessons. It's a whole course of lessons, taught though modules each week. I'm well aware of the difference between sexuality and sex, thank you, even though I didn't get any sex education until teenage years.

week aware difference sexuality sex sex education teenage years sex education cleared for 5 year olds

This is just one book being used from a range that goes on to discuss Homosexual and Bisexual relationships, and that every kind of 'sexual relationship' can be fulfilling.
  • LilMiss... Horrid ... 2011/03/28 15:12:31
    LilMissManners
    +2
    Well, my reply as well as opinion serves for what the video showed and that is all.. I am not sure that I believe that your graphic is serious and I truly hope that it isn't. I do not believe that children of ANY age should be taught about sex in a pleasure seeking or instructional sense, it should be able puberty and reproduction.

I believe that what was shown IN THE VIDEO was respectable, applaudable, appropriate, and commendable.
  • Horrid ... LilMiss... 2011/03/28 15:15:34
    Horrid Helen
    +2
    Let's hope that the Liberals in the US don't get the same ideas as our own, because this IS happening in the UK now.

hope liberals ideas uk hug animated
  • LilMiss... Horrid ... 2011/03/28 15:21:47
    LilMissManners
    +2
    That is absurd if they are really presenting children with material like you posted!! I am super glad that we could find a happy place where we see eye to eye :)

presenting children material posted super glad happy eye eye happy dance gif
  • Horrid ... LilMiss... 2011/03/28 15:26:37
    Horrid Helen
    +2
    LOL, I wish it wasn't true, Li'l Miss, but the UK has the highest rates of teenage pregnancy - after they initiated sex lessons into their curriculum 30 yrs ago, and it's gotten increasingly over informative and the teenagers have become increasingly productive. The UK Liberals answer is to start teaching the children about sex from the age of 5 - up until last year it was from age 9. They aren't allowing our kids to be children anymore. I wish they would concentrate on teaching the kids academia, as those standards have dropped as teenage pregnancies increased It's sad.

teaching kids academia standards dropped teenage pregnancies increased sad sad
  • LilMiss... Horrid ... 2011/03/28 15:34:27
    LilMissManners
    +1
    Well, lets just hope that our country can learn vicariously from their mistakes. I definitely believe that children today grow up way to fast and shouldn't be forced to grow up any faster. It also sickens me that some people see the issue of acceptance and diversity as an issue about sex and approach it in such a crude way. These tactics are exactly what perpetuates ideas that people have about how sexually overt and perverse homosexuality is.

As a lesbian mommy, I can assure you that I disagree with my children learning ANYTHING about orgasms, positions, or specific sexual acts that aren't about reproducing from ANYONE to include their schools.

Hugs
    ~M
  • Horrid ... LilMiss... 2011/03/28 16:59:51
    Horrid Helen
    +1
    Hugs to you too. I don't care if people are black, white, or green with pink stripes, homosexual, bisexual, heterosexual or asexual - just give our kids their childhoods back and let them discover their own place in society and life when they're old enough to understand what they're doing. Frankly, I don't know what the big deal is with sex - I'd happily live without it.

discover society life understand frankly deal sex happily live nun animated discover society life understand frankly deal sex happily live nun animated discover society life understand frankly deal sex happily live nun animated discover society life understand frankly deal sex happily live nun animated
  • seathan... Horrid ... 2011/03/28 18:41:51
    seathanaich
    +1
    "but the UK has the highest rates of teenage pregnancy"

Wrong. If you need to lie on an issue, that discredits your whole position.

The Dutch have a teen-pregnancy rate which is 1/8th that of the US. They have a very thorough sex-ed programme in their education system.
  • Horrid ... seathan... 2011/03/28 20:40:25
    Horrid Helen
    Excuse me, because we take our information from different sources, and mine doesn't fit in with yours, and because my opinion doesn't agree with yours, there's no need to be rude. I am not a liar!

I perhaps should have said 'the UK has the highest rates of teenage pregnancy'' in supposed rich European Countries. The main reason that teenage pregnancy is so high here is because Sex Education classes also point out that if a girl gets pregnant, the Welfare state will house and support her.

What on Earth has the Dutch percentage to do with it? They may have a 'very thorough sex-ed programme', but the 'sex' part of it doesn't begin til Secondary school.. They get basic sexuality and contraception in SOME primary schools. What they don't have, is a supportive Welfare System that encourages kids to produce other kids.
  • seathan... Horrid ... 2011/03/28 21:14:20
    seathanaich
    +2
    "I am not a liar!"

You are if you claim that a country has the worst rates of something, when it does not.

"The main reason that teenage pregnancy is so high here is because Sex Education classes also point out that if a girl gets pregnant, the Welfare state will house and support her. "

Total assumption on your part about the cause. Can you read minds? If not be prepared for people to point out that you are just making sh*t up. And that's even if I generously accept your claim that UK rates are the highest in, say, Western Europe, to be true.

"What on Earth has the Dutch percentage to do with it?"

It's an example of a society which has comprehensive sex ed for teens, and low teenage birth rates, which illustrates that, contrary to what some people claim, this is a good way to lower teen pregnancy rates.
  • Kathy Horrid ... 2011/03/30 11:24:51 (edited)
  • Horrid ... Kathy 2011/03/30 11:46:31 (edited)
    Horrid Helen
    erm, homosexuality isn't a disease??? It's a lifestyle choice for many. I wouldn't say it's demonic.

All I am saying is that there shouldn't be any explicit form of sex education - in any shape, form, or way - for 5 yr olds. Children should be allowed to enjoy childhood before they have to face the reality of an adulthood that lasts for many decades, where they will have ample time, and opportunity, to explore their sexuality and sex.
  • Ron Horrid ... 2011/03/30 02:49:41
    Ron
    +1
    I"m gay but have old-school family oriented values ..I wouldn't want the details of sexual intercourse or pleasure spelled out for my child in school infact I would probably end up in jail after I got through with the teacher and principle. I would do that myself as a parent. and I did when my son was 10 we went on a father son camping trip and stayed up for hours talking about the birds and the bees and all the details of sexual intercourse, pleasure, gays, girls, guy's etc.The problem is or was is that parents never told their children anything ...kids had to learn it from other kids at school and sometimes it wasn't a very clear picture.
  • Horrid ... Ron 2011/03/30 04:19:49
    Horrid Helen
    Unfortunately, Ron, the scales have now swung the other way, and those in charge of our children's education seem to think the picture should be painted in full glorious technicolour, with detailed instructions. All I want is for our children to have a childhood. I think 5 is far too young for a child to know his/her future preference. They should be playing with dolls and pop guns - not worrying about sex.
  • Kathy Ron 2011/03/30 11:29:25
  • Kathy LilMiss... 2011/03/30 11:20:37
  • seathan... LilMiss... 2011/03/28 18:39:43
    seathanaich
    +3
    "This school handled the issue beautifully from what it looked like"

Exactly. All the things the fear-monger religious parents did in the video was express their own fears, and make sh*t up about what they feared MIGHT happen.
  • Kathy LilMiss... 2011/03/30 11:15:38 (edited)
  • seathan... Horrid ... 2011/03/28 18:38:22
    seathanaich
    +1
    "Nobody believes you can 'catch gay',"

Lots of people think that. You can see their opinions on this site. Every person who thinks that homosexuality is a choice (it's not) rather than something you are born with thinks, by extension, that you can "catch" gayness, which is why talking about it scares them so much.
  • SykPuppy 2011/03/28 05:05:17
    SykPuppy
    Children should be taught that sexual preference is a fact of life, but they should be taught this without fear-mongering and with tolerance and kindness. Any teacher who wants to fill little hearts and minds with hatred should not be a teacher.
  • Gregaj7 2011/03/28 04:38:38
    +3
    HOMESCHOOL!!!
  • Angel Dust 2011/03/28 03:53:44
    Angel Dust
    I agree it'z not ok to be taught this at a young age. But it should be made clear that yes it is okay. So as they grow up older, they wnt feel like itz not okay... :)
  • Opal 2011/03/28 03:47:21
    Opal
    +1
    This is despicable!
  • Kathy 2011/03/28 02:13:14
    Kathy
    +4
    No, absolutely not, this is indoctrination and social engineering so the youths will accept this as normal, which it is not. It is anti-family and anti-God. They even teach kid's it is worth risking
    A.I.D.S. for , because they are twisted and munipulating. They want the entire deviancy package
    to sell to the innocents.

http://www.nationformarriage....
    http://www.drjudithreisman.org
    http://www.massresistance.org
    http://www.silentscream.org

Also google

Boston Children's Hospital Sex Change Clinic
    Dr. Money the boy with no P.E.N.I.S.
    The Transgendered Janitor in the Oxford, Massachusetts
    Elmentry School
    Obama's Bi-Sexuality
    Dawn Stefanowicz Out from Under
    Planned Parenthood as this organization goes into the
    Public School and gives young girls low dose birth control
    pills so they will become pregnant, then they take them for
    an abortion, many times without the parents permisison
  • iamthem... Kathy 2011/03/28 06:12:37
    iamthemob ~ the 444th Guru ~
    *MassResistance

MassResistance, “the leading pro-family grassroots activist group in Massachusetts,” began life in 1995 as the Parents’ Rights Coalition, became the Article 8 Alliance in 2003, and took on its current name in 2006. Its leader, Brian Camenker, is a programmer who was an official of the Article 8 Alliance and also headed the Newton, Mass., chapter of the National Taxpayers’ Association.

As president of yet another group, the Interfaith Coalition of Massachusetts, Camenker spearheaded the drafting of a bill that passed in 1996 and required that parents be notified of any sex education in their children’s schools. That same year, Camenker claimed that suicide prevention programs aimed at gay youth actually were “put together by homosexual activists to normalize homosexuality.” Later, MassResistance charged that groups like the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN), which support school anti-bullying programs, actually want to lure children into homosexuality and, very possibly, sadomasochism.

At a 2006 religious right gathering in Washington, D.C., Camenker insisted that gays were trying to get legislation passed to allow sex with animals. "One bill in Massachusetts takes away all the penalties for bestiality," he claimed. "This is where this [homo...

*MassResistance

At a 2006 religious right gathering in Washington, D.C., Camenker insisted that gays were trying to get legislation passed to allow sex with animals. "One bill in Massachusetts takes away all the penalties for bestiality," he claimed. "This is where this [homosexual] agenda is going." A little later, he added, "They [gays and lesbians] are pushing perversion on our kids."

In 2006-2007, Mass-Resistance pushed for an amendment of the 1996 statute that would have required that parents be notified of any discussion of gay or lesbian issues in the schools. The group proposed language that lumped sexual orientation (which includes heterosexuality, homosexuality and bisexuality) in with criminal behaviors like bestiality and polygamy. During legislative testimony supporting the amendment, Camenker falsely claimed that no homosexuals died in the Holocaust and that the pink triangle the Nazis forced imprisoned gays to wear actually signified Catholic priests. The amendment did not pass.

Camenker, who has long focused on the purported “homosexual agenda” in the schools and frequently claimed gays are dangerous to kids, has repeatedly cited discredited claims from organizations like the National Association for Research and Therapy of Homosexuality that link homosexuality and pedophilia.

In 2008, Camenker made another accusation for which there was no supporting evidence at all — the claim that the state of Massachusetts had had to spend more money every year since same-sex marriage became legal in that state. That, he said, was because of “skyrocketing homosexual domestic violence” and because of the “extreme dysfunctional nature of homosexual relationships.”

This year, MassResistance called Boston Gay Pride events a “depraved” display that featured “a great deal of obviously disturbed, dysfunctional, and extremely self-centered people whose aim was to push their agenda.”

National Organization for Marriage
    Princeton, N.J.

The National Organization for Marriage (NOM), which is dedicated to fighting same-sex marriage in state legislatures, was organized in 2007 by conservative syndicated columnist Maggie Gallagher and Princeton University politics professor Robert George. George is an influential Christian thinker who co-authored the 2009 “Manhattan Declaration,” a manifesto developed after a New York meeting of conservative church leaders that “promises resistance to the point of civil disobedience against any legislation that might implicate their churches or charities in abortion, embryo-destructive research or same sex marriage.”

NOM’s first public campaign was in 2008, supporting California’s Proposition 8, which sought to invalidate same-sex marriage in that state. It was widely mocked, including in a parody by satirist Stephen Colbert, for the “Gathering Storm” video ad it produced at the time. Set to somber music and a dark and stormy background, the ad had actors expressing fears that gay activism would “take away” their rights, change their lifestyle, and force homosexuality on their kids.

The group, whose president is now former executive director Brian Brown, has become considerably more sophisticated since then, emphasizing its respect for homosexuals. “Gays and Lesbians have a right to live as they choose,” NOM says on its website, “[but] they don’t have the right to redefine marriage for all of us.”

For a time, NOM’s name was used by a bus driver named Louis Marinelli, who drove a van for NOM’s “Summer for Marriage Tour” this year. Marinelli called himself a “NOM strategist” and sent out electronic messages under the NOM logo that repeated falsehoods about homosexuals being pedophiles and gay men having extremely short lifespans. In homemade videos posted on his own YouTube page, he said same-sex marriage would lead to “prostitution, pedophilia and polygamy.” But this July, NOM said it was not associated with Marinelli.

*Traditional Values Coalition
    Anaheim, Calif.

Former Presbyterian minister Lou Sheldon has been warning Americans about the “gay threat” since 1980, when he founded the Traditional Values Coalition (TVC), which also is concerned with abortion and national security and takes on liberal activists on a range of issues. The TVC, which today claims to speak for 43,000 churches, lobbies Congress and also mobilizes churches to oppose legislation that it disagrees with. Sheldon’s daughter Andrea Lafferty, a former Reagan Administration official, serves as executive director of the organization.

The group has at times enjoyed remarkable access to the halls of power — during the George W. Bush Administration, Sheldon and Lafferty visited the White House a combined 69 times, meeting personally with Bush in eight of the visits. But that does not mean that it has not long had a record of extreme gay-bashing.

In 1985, Sheldon suggested forcing AIDS victims into “cities of refuge.” In 1992, columnist Jimmy Breslin said that Sheldon told him that “homosexuals are dangerous. They proselytize. They come to the door, and if your son answers and nobody is there to stop it, they grab the son and run off with him. They steal him. They take him away and turn him into a homosexual.” Sheldon later denied that he made the comments, but his website today includes strikingly similar language: “[S]ince homosexuals can’t reproduce, they will simply go after your children for seduction and conversion to homosexuality.” Elsewhere, it claims that “[t]he effort to push adult/child sex … is part of the overall homosexual movement.”

The TVC also asserts that “it is evident that homosexuals molest children at a far greater rate than do their heterosexual counterparts” — a falsehood based on conflating male-male molestation with homosexuality. Gays, it says, molest children at “epidemic rates,” adding: “As homosexuals continue to make inroads into public schools, more children will be molested and indoctrinated into the world of homosexuality. Many of them will die in that world.” With regard to LGBT teen suicides, TVC, under the headline “Homosexual Urban Legends,” claims that “[t]he cold, hard fact is that teens who are struggling with homosexual feelings are more likely to be sexually molested by a homosexual school counselor or teacher than to commit suicide over their feelings of despair.”

The TVC also makes assertions on its website about disproportionate homosexual pedophilia and attacks the idea that people are born gay and the claim that gays want the right to marry for the same reasons that heterosexuals do — the TVC suggests the real purpose of marriage equality is to destroy the concept of marriage and ultimately replace it altogether with group sex and polygamy.

http://www.splcenter.org/get-...

http://queertoday.blogspot.co...

http://www.boingboing.net/200...

http://antigayliesandliars.bl...

http://www.truthwinsout.org/b...

http://www.religiousrightwatc...

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/20...

2014/10/26 01:56:20