Should pregnant teenage girls get to keep their babies?

ViX 2009/05/22 16:49:40
Yes, women should have a choice of whether or not they want their baby...
No, teen pregnancy ruins lives and they should just get an abortion or adoption...
Some people say that pregnant high school girls shouldn't be allowed to keep their baby. They should either get an abortion or have and adoption. What do you think?

• safari 2009/05/25 09:49:18
    safari
    +8
    That is nuts! I had my kids while I was very young and I pity the fool that would have tried to take them away from me. And BTW they grew up to be some very awesome people! So do not judge a person's age for how good of a mother they will be. As well as there are plenty of older people who make lousy moms. Was I really ready? No, Did I have any idea how hard it would be? No, Would I do it again? Yes if it was the only way I could have the exact same kids I have now and no if I could still get them at an older age. lol But then again, I grew up with my kids in a way and I loved being a mom. We had a blast. They love me to pieces and I love them so it all turned out ok.

Would I recommend it to young women? No - get an education and wait until you are sure you are ready and financially stable.

• necole 2010/11/26 21:09:37
    No, teen pregnancy ruins lives and they should just get an abortion or adopti...
    necole
    I say no key word teen apparently they are not even resondsible enough to use protection not to get preganant what kind of decisions will they make with the responsiblity of a child
  • necole necole 2010/11/26 21:28:19
    necole
    +1
    most of the time it is the parents of the teen that ends up taking care of the baby if the parents wanted another person to take care of they could have their own child
  • Aly 2009/10/13 23:12:23
    Aly
    If I had someone tell me, "You're only 13, you can't keep your kids," I would probably bite their head of.
  • andrrabillkaulitz 2009/09/06 09:08:08
    andrrabillkaulitz
    I think that teen pregnancy ruins their lives forever.It's just not right,you know?
  • LadyNaughty 2009/08/01 15:32:31
    LadyNaughty
    their choice ..
  • Egg † "In God We Trust" † 2009/06/24 14:15:12
    Egg   † "In God We Trust" †
    In fact, I think they should HAVE TO KEEP their babies. They were the ones that got pregnant anyway.
  • LadyNau... Egg †... 2009/08/01 15:31:34
    LadyNaughty
    what if they got raped, and then got pregnant? you still think they have to keep the baby? just wondering ... :)
  • Egg †... LadyNau... 2009/08/02 23:52:02
    Egg   † "In God We Trust" †
    It would be hard, but I would keep the baby, if that was to happen to me. If they want an abortion in that case, then no.
  • mariebby 2009/06/22 03:02:45
    mariebby
    no matter what age well as long as it too young a girl should alwaiia have the choice
  • Tomus Megalomania 2009/05/29 20:44:38
    Tomus Megalomania
    I am friggin' lost!
  • ShahnazRoxs(: 2009/05/27 14:21:12
    ShahnazRoxs(:
    +1
    dont get an abortion...you will be like a murder killing someone else but dont hurt your gift{child}
  • necole Shahnaz... 2010/11/26 21:13:36
    necole
    +3
    most times abortion takes place before the egg has a chane to even become a fetus thats just like us eating chicken eggs we consume the egg before it even be comes a chick I understand that a chicken is nothing being close to a human but it as the best example I could come up with
  • squid 2009/05/27 00:54:33
    squid
    Why would we tear children from their mothers? Some of these mothers have supportive families that will help them out. I do believe they should be given resourses and counseling to make the best choice for themselves and their children.
  • Milk Maid 2009/05/26 18:03:08
    Milk Maid
    If they are willing to take on the responsibilities that come with being a Mother...YES. If they place the child in unhealthy situations nor have the best interest for the child then NO *_*
  • Pug For Huck 2009/05/26 16:43:52
    Pug For Huck
    They will need their families support.

Pro life.
  • Chuck~Gone to the Father 2009/05/26 09:35:20
    Chuck~Gone to the Father
    +2
    I come from an area of the country that's off the beaten path, mountain country, more like large hills. Some of the best families I know started out as teen pregnancies, many a wedding dress had to be let out so the expectant mother to fit in. The thing I do not hear about in this debate, just like the abortion debate is the father, does he have any rights, any impossibilities? I have often found it somewhat humorous that a girl has the right to abort a baby, the father has no rights or responsibilities in this, but she can choose not too (thank-God) and has baby. Now the father gets to have his rights and responsibilities in the form of a child support check.
    In times past you heard of shotgun wedding, male gets female pregnant, he faces up to his responsibility and marries. I am not suggesting a woman should marry someone she does not wish to be with, but I do think every man owes it to the woman to ask her, to show her that he wants to be more than a sperm donor, that he knows her life has drastically changed and he wants to be her pardner in it. Will it be all laughs, and happiness like on REBA no, will they make it, no one has that guarantee.
    For this cause a man shall leave his father and mother and cleave to his wife becoming one.............
    Just a Thought pardner laughs happiness reba guarantee leave father mother cleave wife
  • terr 2009/05/26 08:16:26
    terr
    +2
    Just a short time ago in history people were married and starting families in their teens. People in this period of time are loosing their grip on sanity. They speak of freedom yet they want people controlled !? They seem to be hungry for new laws and more control?! They are playing with fire taking babies away from their mothers. Some need to look up the word FREEDOM.
  • Jewels 2009/05/26 05:05:09
    Jewels
    i am pro-choice!
  • Undecided
    spidermonkey™POTL~PWCM~JLA☮Paul
    +1
    Yes/No, they should....but they need support and family to help them........or they need external support.....they should not be left on their own with raising a baby.......they are not adults yet themselves....
  • 1oct1 "Marko" 2009/05/25 22:31:40
    1oct1 "Marko"
    +1
    If you end up not wanting it, I say adoption. I'm not a fan of abortion.
  • Extremist Soldier of Christ 2009/05/25 21:41:59 (edited)
    Extremist Soldier of Christ
    +1
    What government can take them? Or did we change already with Obama? I think they should have used birth control- but- if their heart soften- they should be able to keep their child or give it to their family members. It is their child -not a puppy that you can take from the mother- who by the way- does break the dogs heart. Next time your dog has a litter- look at her looking for that one puppy that you took from her------she is sad. puppy mother- break dogs heart dog litter- puppy her------she sad
  • bree 2009/05/25 20:45:24
    bree
    +1
    Yes. they should still have custody of their child, but i think the parents of the teenage girl should take care of the child until the girl can fully support the child.
  • Nanapie 2009/05/25 20:32:24
    Nanapie
    +1
    I made the decision as a teen to keep my baby and have had no regrets. I don't recommend it, but it did work out for me.
  • Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA 2009/05/25 18:47:51
    Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    They should be held responsible for their actions and keep and care the baby. I don't believe in obaaaamas "I don't want my daughters to be held responsible.." statement because that kind of thinking leads to not being responsible for other actions.
  • luly 2009/05/25 18:44:25
    luly
    +1
    Of course they should.
  • lady_c5_loadmaster 2009/05/25 17:27:34 (edited)
    lady_c5_loadmaster
    +2
    This is a decision that needs to be talked over with her family, the father of the baby and his family. The final decision is the girls and I would hope that she would choose life and maybe have an adoption plan in place if necessary. Girls that sit down and make an adoption plan for their child based on logic not emotion, are less likely to have another unplanned pregnancy than those that have an abortion.
  • rebecka 2009/05/25 17:13:37
    rebecka
    +1
    wtf ya why not who said u can not????
    now if ppl say that i'm very P O i mean it
  • 12 Tone Melody 2009/05/25 16:54:49
    12 Tone Melody
    +2
    It depends on the maturity of the mother--if she can handle it, sure why not; if she can't handle the responsibility, there are lots of folks who would love to adopt
  • Common Sense Conservative 2009/05/25 16:40:10
    Common Sense Conservative
    +1
    I'm not undecided at all. Not only should teenage girls get to keep their babies they should HAVE to keep the babies. They made the mistake, now live with it.
  • Frank 2009/05/25 16:22:54
    Frank
    +1
    Hey, it's their baby and their life so leave them alone.
  • Belle 2009/05/25 16:16:34
    Belle
    It depends. Who the father is.
  • ViX Belle 2009/05/26 12:14:57
    ViX
    I don't understand. What do you mean by, "It depends. Who the father is."
    please elaborate.
  • Dan 2009/05/25 16:15:47 (edited)
    Dan
    +1
    I had to choose "undecided" because the first answer in this poll states that " 'women' should be able to keep their baby". Pregnant teenagers, who do NOT work, have NOT grauated highschool and can NOT support themselves financially are NOT women! They are stupid, irresponsible, and rebellious teenage girls who simply had sex.
    I used to think that socialist Democrats were the worst Americans there could be in this country: mIllions and millions of ethnic minorities having children for the government to support with welfare and food stamps (ALWAYS paid for by the American taxpayers: usually Republicans). However, there is a different type of evil among the American Democrats: liberalism (specifically, the abortion/murder of over 50 million unborn and born babies of Godless liberal Americans).
    As irresponsible as it is for ANY teenager to have sex before he/she can provide for their baby (WITHOUT the help of the government, but by working for a living), NO unborn child should be aborted: abortion is murder.
    If you have not moved out of daddy's and mommy's house yet, you (teenagers, children, adolescents) have NO damned right to have sex!!! Zip it up and pull them up!!! Here's a secret that your politcians won't tell you, liberals: children having sex does NOT make them adults!!!
  • steviee Dan 2009/09/30 15:03:14
    steviee
    +2
    No your so wrong! Teenage girls are not stupid they just made a stupid mistake. I'm am a teenage mom & realize i made a stupid choice but got a beautiful gift of life 'out of it.. You need to consider what you say because your absoultly wrong. You have no idea what teenage girls go throught & i got pregant b/c i felt like i wasn't loved enought by my parents so i looked for love from my boyfriend, & i'm sure that is the cause of many other teenage girls. I also feel for any teenage girls, i brought my daughter in to the world at age 15 & love her so much i thank god for her every day. So you need to think before you judge! Just becuase you may of not given birth as a teen, dosen't mean you don't do other stuff or make stupid mistakes.
  • necole Dan 2010/11/26 21:18:21
    necole
    +1
    LOVE OT COULD NOT HAVE SAID IT IN A BETTER WAY
  • Worried about our Country 2009/05/25 16:12:44
    Worried about our Country
    no one but the parents of the teens and the teens themselves have any business in this matter.
  • Kane Fernau 2009/05/25 15:58:01 (edited)
    Kane Fernau
    My mother was 16 when she got married. She wasn't pregnant it was my parents choice.When did society start regulating marriage and sexual activity? People should mind their own business. My old man always said;That's the F--king you get for the f--king you got. Where would we be today if Obama's mama aborted him?
  • Diane T 2009/05/25 15:30:48
    Diane T
    +2
    WHOA What are they thinking? First, Is this still America?
    Having been a 14 yr old mother in the 60's I definitely have input for this. I was sick enough that a catholic dr. was suggested an abortion. My father made it clear I alone would be responsible for this new life. That I would go to night school for my education, get a job at age 16
    AND I could NOT go back to school (it was prohibited at the time. There was a terrible stigma associated with this.)
    This decision was between my family and God has NO place anywhere else. Its called FREEDOM
  • EF 2009/05/25 14:48:56
    EF
    +1
    If the teenage girl can support the baby without welfare then keep it and raise it, if not put it up for adoption and learn a lesson. Abortion is not an option as it is not justified to kill a baby because the mother is making bad choices.
  • Chayse (chase but im a girl) 2009/05/25 14:44:03
    Chayse (chase but im a girl)
    +1
    yes what the hell are you on!!!!!!

2014/10/24 10:33:09