Should police stop arresting people for marijuana?

Sunnydaydreamer 2012/11/09 13:32:08
Related Topics: Marijuana, Police

• Golanv (Raven) 2012/11/09 15:03:52
    Golanv (Raven)
    +10
    It is even in the Bible. So important that it is in Genesis 1:29. ~ Behold, I have given ye every seed bearing herb that ye shall have it for food.
    Biblically marijuana is a seed-bearing plant. Botanically marijuana it is an herbaceous annual plant. Botanically and scripturally marijuana is an herb, a food. It is one of the finest of foods. Of all the plants in the world the seed of marijuana is second in protein only to soy beans. Marijuana seeds are the only food that provides essential amino acids and essential fatty acids in the ratio that is optimal for the human body. Humans can and have survived in robust health by eating marijuana seeds. The oil that is pressed from the seed has more polyunsaturated essential fatty acids than any other known oil.
    Due to the current ungodly prohibition eating marijuana is not economical, it is prohibitively expensive. If it could be legally grown in a garden, and it is easily grown in the poorest of soils, this God-given food and medicine would be readily available and inexpensive. Any hungry or sick and suffering person that could benefit from it would benefit from it without paying either the exorbitant prices caused by its illegality or caused by pharmaceutical company profits. Pharmaceutical companies have not been able to reproduc...
    Due to the current ungodly prohibition eating marijuana is not economical, it is prohibitively expensive. If it could be legally grown in a garden, and it is easily grown in the poorest of soils, this God-given food and medicine would be readily available and inexpensive. Any hungry or sick and suffering person that could benefit from it would benefit from it without paying either the exorbitant prices caused by its illegality or caused by pharmaceutical company profits. Pharmaceutical companies have not been able to reproduce the divinely complex chemistry of this holy herb. Drug companies ask astronomical prices for a largely ineffective artificial substitute. Jesus said, "You can not serve God and mammon", (Mat 6:24). Mammon is money. The mammon in marijuana prohibition is greed and profit. ~ www.holyhemp.org

• ehrhornp 2012/11/11 23:27:04
    ehrhornp
    Unless you don't like freedom. The answer has to be yes to ending arresting people for an herb mentioned in the bible and used by our first president.
  • JET 2012/11/11 16:01:43
    JET
    +1
    Yes, more time and money is wasted on policing grass trafficing & usage. Package it and sell it in the liquor store so taxes can be collected. Then redirect law enforcement to spend their time going after the pushers of hard drugs. Rehab the addicts and you'll save tons of money over the current way things are being done.
  • LayLady 2012/11/11 05:40:58
    LayLady
  • John Galt jr or Ron/jon 2012/11/11 04:14:32
    John Galt jr or Ron/jon
    +1
    it's a sad world where a huge portion of the population fears the police more than the criminals..
  • Steve ☮ R ☮ P ☮ 2012 ☮ 2012/11/11 03:09:18
    Steve ☮ R ☮ P ☮ 2012 ☮
    +1
    Yes, but they won't. So here's what should happen... People on juries should stop CONVICTING users of Marijuana. If cases keep ending in acquittals the DA's will stop bringing them, and then the police will stop making arrests.
  • Ann 2012/11/10 02:55:45
    Ann
    +2
    Driving stoned kills there is enough facts! In addition, Being stoned makes you lazy and fat! Going nowhere in life... I have friends that i know since High School who never stopped smoking pot and they lead poor, boring lives...., never quite know what's going on....too stoned to care, most of their kids think it's ok to also smoke pot, but their kids moved on to Molly. I think more people smoke pot than ever before, perhaps this is why our country is so divided and drugs in general this is another form of gradual erosion of the morality of this nation.
  • Professor Wizard 2012/11/09 21:36:15
    Professor Wizard
    +4
    And prostitution, if it doesn't involve trafficking or underage people.
  • Zepland 2012/11/09 20:52:10
    Zepland
    +4
    The natural medicinal herb marijuana should be legalized. I should have the right to grow any plant which is part of God's divine creation.
    Alcohol and cigarettes are far worse, especially alcohol.
  • flrdsgns 2012/11/09 20:25:24
    flrdsgns
    +2
    For the casual user, yes. There isn't enough room in jails to continue locking up people for what at most is a misdemeanor.
  • Pinball Wizard 2012/11/09 20:24:12
    Pinball Wizard
    +2
    No reefer in the car. You can't carry an opened container or alcohol in your car either.
  • Chris - The Rowdy One! #187 2012/11/09 20:16:27
  • cents-less 2012/11/09 20:03:32
    cents-less
    +2
    If it's illegal then let them do their job.
  • ducdodger 2012/11/09 19:48:48
    ducdodger
    +2
    After 24 years as a police office I have seem what MJ use has done to people. One o which I went to High school with, He was a pretty smart guy with a's and b's and then he got start smoking pot. At our twenty year class reunion I met up with him and found out he was still living with his parent and could hold a job and what money he did have he spent on buying pot. I has also worked quite a few fatal teaffic accidents where people lost loved ones because some dumbs thought it would be cool to drive stoned. we have a bad enough problem with drunk drivers we dont need to add MJ into the mix.
  • Nohahim... ducdodger 2012/11/09 20:16:59
    Nohahim Ben Elohim
    +2
    typical know nothing about God's creations! Police officer or not. Man had no right to make Marijuana illegal or control any plants God spoke forth.God created Marijuana in Gen 1:11, but of course no one could see it, that EVERYTHING God made was GOOD. Marijuana IS NOT A DRUG and NEVER HAS BEEN ONE. It is an herb which came forth from the herb yielding seed God spoke forth. There has never been violence, murder or even a person killed by a person under the influence of it while driving a car. Quite making up things and scenarios, which basically evolve around ONE PERSON!
  • ducdodger Nohahim... 2012/11/09 20:38:11 (edited)
    ducdodger
    +1
    Really, here an example on June 14 while I completed a traffic and was sitting on the should of the road I was rear ended by a kid who fell asleep because he had MJ in his sytem. I was taken to the hospital with a concusion and several lacerations. I April or may a driver killed him self while trying run from a police who was trying to stop him for speeding he hit a guard rail at 90 mph. When the medical examiner got his blood test back he had MJ in his system and had been smoking it at the time of the crash. This just goe to show you how nieve you truely are. Not ot mention the 1000s of people killed by people selling mj.
  • Cuthber... ducdodger 2012/11/10 04:24:46
    Cuthbert Allsgood
    +3
    While I agree with you that motor vehicles should never be driven by anyone under the influence of anything, I do have to point out that if marijuana were legal, the black market for it would be near non-existent and would reduce to near zero the number of violent deaths associated with it.
  • Nohahim... ducdodger 2012/11/12 21:20:07
    Nohahim Ben Elohim
    No one ever died selling MJ that I know of where did you get this statistic? maybe if it wasn't illegal he wouldn't have had to try to outrun cops..maybe? he probably had some on him and didn't want to get caught with it.
  • ghostrider ducdodger 2012/11/10 17:13:09
    ghostrider
    +2
    ... about as believable a story as 'Santa Claus'.
  • CoyoteDirt 2012/11/09 19:16:11
    CoyoteDirt
    +3
    It's a lost cause, they might as well give up.
  • Centrist_Bill 2012/11/09 18:50:10
    Centrist_Bill
    +3
    Absolutely.
  • hippycat 2012/11/09 18:31:47
    hippycat
    +6
    absolutely. prohibition has never worked and will never work.
  • mich52 2012/11/09 18:20:53
  • Cuthbert Allsgood 2012/11/09 18:15:30
    Cuthbert Allsgood
    +8
    Alcohol is much more destructive than marijuana and it is legal, taxed and regulated.

Marijuana use has no more moral implications than does alcohol use.

Growing your own marijuana is no more unethical than brewing your own beer is.

The only moral issue with marijuana is it's illegality. It's nothing more than a plant that people dry and consume for an intoxicating effect. It also has medicinal uses.

Then there's the use of hemp, which is a renewable resource for fabric, rope, biofuel, and paper.
  • hippycat Cuthber... 2012/11/09 19:19:50
    hippycat
    +2
    Well said!
  • Pyro-82 2012/11/09 18:14:36
    Pyro-82
    +4
    I do not see the harm.
  • yogiOK 2012/11/09 17:48:37
    yogiOK
    +4
    I knew that I would be in the minority of voters AGAIN, but I just feel that this could become an action that could open the floodgates of "in your face" defiance, where some would see this as an "okay," or "go-ahead" in marijuana use. I also know that many people are going to continue to use it, but its legalization could very easily send the message that "its not that bad," but there many bad side effects, and this is another form of gradual erosion of the morality of this nation.
  • hippycat yogiOK 2012/11/09 19:20:48
    hippycat
    +2
    It's not that bad, it's actually very nice :)
  • Nohahim... yogiOK 2012/11/09 20:18:51 (edited)
    Nohahim Ben Elohim
    +3
    Oh gee, just what are the "side effects"? THAT HAVE NEVER BEEN PROVED, except of course THEY SAID IT WAS, just so they could find some reason to screw with God's Creation LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE>..man HAS NO RIGHT TO PLAY God! "Side effects"? Try reading the paper that comes with SATAN'S PHARMACEUTICALS!
  • RoseLyle yogiOK 2012/11/09 22:26:59
    RoseLyle
    +3
    I met yes. Did not mean to give you a thumbs up. It has many medical uses that helped thousands of people. I know people personally that use it and are still law abiding citizens It is like alcohol, it can be used unresponsively as well as responsibly. I know kids that have used morning glories to get high and they are more dangerous. Kids will get what they want legal or not. Cannabis has many medical uses. Do some research.
  • JohnT 2012/11/09 17:02:37 (edited)
    JohnT
    +1
    For small quantities no, just a waste of time, but for major grower/sellers yes, they are usually into more than grass.
  • Dickens 2012/11/09 16:09:08 (edited)
    Dickens
    +7
    of course they should stop it, but I don't care....because I live in CO where it's NOW LEGAL...bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha...(the only scam in America that's bigger than the bogus "war on weed" is the health insurance industry..the health insurance industry is even more dishonest, corrupt and lucrative than the Mafia...)
  • Cunning Stunts 2012/11/09 16:06:59
    Cunning Stunts
    I do see 20kg a little differently to $20
  • hippycat Cunning... 2012/11/09 19:24:39
    hippycat
    +3
    Not really. It's just a question between supply and demand. I mean there's a huge alcohol industry and alcohol is a lot more dangerous than cannabis. I wouldn't want to outlaw booze either. Prohibition has been tried and it didn't work, did it?
  • skroehr 2012/11/09 16:03:59
    skroehr
    +5
    They should only arrest major black market suppliers. They should stop arresting users or home growers, who only have about a pound or so possible yield for personal use, and use by friends. I liked Alaska's law. You can use it, and you can grow your own. You may NOT buy or sell it. People can give it to each other in small quantities. You can carry it around. You can grow what you need at your house. etc. Perfect.
  • Wanderer 2012/11/09 15:42:23
    Wanderer
    +5
    Down under unless there is evidence of actual 'dealing' a simple ticket is very often given to dope smokers, it seems to be a good idea and helps keep the courts from being jammed with misdemeanors leaving the system clear to deal with more important criminal cases. A lot of which are far more important than someone smoking a joint in their loungeroom.
  • William Gill~PWCM~JLA 2012/11/09 15:41:12
    William Gill~PWCM~JLA
    Police dont get to chose which laws they enforce.
  • littleb... William... 2012/11/09 16:38:20
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    +4
    But they do!
  • Sunnyda... William... 2012/11/10 00:24:56
  • Cierra 2012/11/09 15:30:38
    Cierra
    +4
    I cannot say it enough! Half the jail system is filled with harmless crack heads when it should be filled with ACTUAL CRIMINALS! You know, like murderers, child molesters, gang members, etc. It's ridiculous!
  • Sunnyda... Cierra 2012/11/10 00:26:41

2014/09/20 08:05:22