Should Infertile people be Allowed to Marry? the Catholic church says NO.

☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾ 2012/02/23 17:18:35
What Gives the Church the Right to say who is allowed to marry and who is not
Not Everyone Wants Kids
Traditional Marriage as Defined by the Bible you can have multiple Wives Slaves  and sell your children into slavery
From Archbishop Cruz’s latest statement about the issue of marriage from an interview on GMA news, Archbishop reiterated the Catholic Church’s stance that marriage along with sex is ONLY for procreation, That those who cannot procreate or decide to procreate is committing a mortal sin in the eyes of God.
Lingayen-Dagupan Archbishop Oscar Cruz issued clarifications on reports of him saying infertility is an impediment for Church marriage.
“Impotence is an impediment for valid Church marriage but not infertility. This is elementary knowledge,” he said.
The Catholic Church is planning to ban the infertile people’s right to marry for they cannot conceive. Even couples who does not plan to have babies can have their marriage revoked, for they have failed their purpose to multiply.
infertile couple
“Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”
church  lol
This is the belief that the Catholic Church is fighting for, and in the Philippines where majority of the people are Catholics. Even with the separation of church and state, if you cannot get married according to the standards of the Catholic Church, other religions has no right to marry you either.
catholic  meme

Read More: http://www.journal.com.ph/index.php/news/national/...

• Mrs. Kathy Arch 2012/02/23 17:35:36
    My Thoughts
    Mrs. Kathy Arch
    +8
    I can't have children. I am getting married on August 4th. The Church, or any other organized group shouldn't have the right to tell me that I can't marry.

• Maple Syrup 2012/03/28 21:04:15
    they have a right to be married and be as miserable as the rest of us". Serio...
    Maple Syrup
    People make fun of hillbillies for marrying our cousins, but for a Mayle here in central West Virginia there is not much choice. Whites won't marry a Mayle and we traditionally do not marry blacks and all the Mayles are related. Some are travelling out of state to meet other Mestees but that is difficult. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/... http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki...
  • AnubisDhole 2012/03/28 19:13:27
    Not Everyone Wants Kids
    AnubisDhole
    Us zoophiles don't expect children (well, maybe with a bonabo or chimpanzee, but not with the usual dogs and sheep). That does not invalidate our love.
    zoophiles expect children bonabo chimpanzee dogs sheep invalidate love
  • MikeNassau 2012/03/28 18:09:01
    Not Everyone Wants Kids
    MikeNassau
    If Yvette has puppies, she will have some explaining to do.
    belgian shepherd
    YVETTE, my Belgian Shepherd.
  • disclaimer 2012/03/22 22:24:11
    All of the Above
    disclaimer
    When did the Church become the All-Knowing Oracle on the word of God? When they declared that they were. Tune them out, it's all a lot of talk anyway.
  • cellophane 2012/03/21 14:28:43
    My Thoughts
    cellophane
    When it comes to extra-biblical beliefs, Catholics and Mormons are kind of cut from the same cloth, no?
  • darwolf 2012/03/21 07:49:35
    Not Everyone Wants Kids
    darwolf
    Why now?
  • Animeee 2012/03/21 07:47:15
    None of the Above
    Animeee
    The Bible doesn't say that ^^"
    and Infertile people SHOULD be able to marry (Why did I choose none of the above [I'm so stupid])
  • mr echo 2012/03/21 06:43:35
    My Thoughts
    mr echo
    dont listen to church
    they are a bunch of retards
  • Jay 2012/03/21 06:19:18
    Jay
    +1
    If the partner knows and has no problem with it then the Catholic church can go take a hike. They involve themselves in matters that go beyond praising God, one of the reasons people end up against them.
  • Massaro1150 2012/03/21 05:11:05
    None of the Above
    Massaro1150
    I guess I picked whatever cus the other ones didn't have the words moronic, stupid, insane---I can't figure that the church hasn't heard the word adoption.
  • Yoko 2012/03/21 03:59:33
    Yoko
    - If marriage was a christian sanction, than only christians would be able to marry -
    the catholic church needs to grow up!

Blessings to all and,
    May all be well with you ^_^
  • HAlex1972 2012/03/17 15:05:13
    My Thoughts
    HAlex1972
    Who says they have to get married in a Catholic church? I couldn't care less who the Catholic church marries and I couldn't care less what the Catholic church thinks about anything.
  • elsewhere 2012/03/13 18:49:36
    At the Time when the Bible Wrote go forth and Multiply They needed people to ...
    elsewhere
    Wish I had noticed the 'all of the above' option in time.
  • Nichole 2012/02/28 04:55:03
    My Thoughts
    Nichole
    +2
    I believe the Catholic Church needs to just stop making so many rules and regulations for their believers. They have misconstrued many things in the Bible and have often been persecuted throughout history. Apparently they haven't learned.
  • Anca 2012/02/27 22:29:54
    My Thoughts
    Anca
    +1
    i'm a religious person but i don't like when the church (that is maid by people) whants to tell me who to love,who to marry and how to die (i'm talkind about those who don't whant to live attached to a machine and pray to die as long as they still have a little dignity left).the church killed so many people in the name of God in the days of the inquisition and in many other occasions so i'm not surprised that some don't beleve in God anymore.the church is made by people and people make mistakes.
  • Inquisitve Kat 2012/02/27 06:22:43
    The churches do not have exclusive right to the word marriage and never have ...
    Inquisitve Kat
    I hate when people try to force the church's definition of marriage on the rest of society.
  • autumnfae 2012/02/26 22:21:12
    autumnfae
    Just another place the church can stick its nose where it doesn't BELONG!!!
  • Dawn 2012/02/26 19:51:03
    Dawn
    NOT EVERYONE WANTS KIDS EITHER! It's the married couples choice if they want kids, and if they love each other enough then impotency shouldn't be a deal breaker with all the technology (artificial insemination) & opportunity (ADOPTION) there is today.
  • Sarah Alexander 2012/02/26 15:33:24
    All of the Above
    Sarah Alexander
    Some people can't have children and others don't want them. I personally have no interest in having my own child (but may adopt) and don't think that should be a reason not to marry if I want to. The definition of "appropriate" marriage has changed so much throughout history, from things we consider ridiculous today, so I hope this will become similar and soon be thought of as a reason from the last to not ge married. If two consenting human adults wish to get married, let them.
  • Carson 2012/02/26 08:42:30
    My Thoughts
    Carson
    2 infertile people get M-worded and we all like happily ever after.
  • eviLbunnY 2012/02/25 21:02:47
    All of the Above
    eviLbunnY
    +1
    The earth is overpopulated. What we need is less kids and people who actually look after their kids properly. Rather adopt than procreate, thousands of children are homeless, and there's an endless cycle of poverty and children who never receive love will never learn how to give love.
    Anyway, why is the church even still such an issue? I thought Nietzche said "God is dead" in the 1960's already.
  • Meggies1104 2012/02/25 20:46:27
  • Pocahontas 2012/02/25 20:32:40
    Pocahontas
    +1
    Every adult should be allowed to marry any other adult as long as both agree.
  • misterz 2012/02/25 18:44:24
    misterz
    +3
    Another village missing its idiot.
  • PeterB 2012/02/25 17:39:18
    None of the Above
    PeterB
    +1
    Who wrote this drivel? Link me to the direct quotes, NOT OUT OF CONTEXT please. Never heard of any church, Catholic or any other,”REVOKING” a marriage. In the Catholic church, the term is “Annulment.” Driver’s licenses get “Revoked!"
  • cindy PeterB 2012/02/25 18:15:57
    cindy
    +1
    I'm with peter B on this trash!! DAW hates Catholics.. He bashes with trash all the time..
  • bricklyn cindy 2012/02/26 02:32:18
    bricklyn
    DAW hates no one, he always has the truth and facts.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... cindy 2012/02/26 19:47:45
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    i do not hate Catholics
  • cindy ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/02/27 00:55:14
    cindy
    Well that makes me happy
  • bricklyn PeterB 2012/02/26 02:31:52
    bricklyn
    The annulment is exactly the same as being revoked. You are playing a game with symatics. We are not that stupid.
  • PeterB bricklyn 2012/02/26 20:50:39
    PeterB
    In the Catholic church, an annulment determines the Catholic marriage to be void at its inception, ie., It never happened.
    A revocation is a reversal of something that was acknowledged to have happened.
    Words do matter.
  • bricklyn PeterB 2012/03/09 05:10:03
    bricklyn
    +1
    It is rhetoric and nothing else. You cannot make something disappear simply because you do not like it. That is what the catholic church is trying to do with words. It is simply yet another enormous foolish ritualistic attempt to make the pathetic appear acceptable.
  • PeterB bricklyn 2012/03/09 14:43:50
    PeterB
    You have to understand . They boxed themselves into a corner by firmly not recognizing “divorce,” effectively forcing folks who separated, and wanted to go live with someone else, to live in ’sin.’ This was their “escape clause/valve.”

I knew a couple whose marriage was annulled after ten years of marriage and four children. Turned out the husband liked little boys! (That, plus a $10,000 “donation”, voila, an annulment!)
  • bricklyn PeterB 2012/03/10 21:43:51
    bricklyn
    Only catholics can justify that kind of perversion of marriage.
  • jokeriser 2012/02/25 17:32:01
    My Thoughts
    jokeriser
    if your against gay marriage it's only fair
  • Cinna 2012/02/25 17:01:22
    My Thoughts
    Cinna
    Of course the Catholic Church would say that *eye roll*. Everyone should be allowed to marry no matter what.
  • Fluttershyfan 2012/02/25 16:57:48
    Fluttershyfan
    WHY the HELL can't these stupid churches just let people who love each other get married? Jesus!
  • Curmudgeon 2012/02/24 18:18:44 (edited)
    Curmudgeon
    +1
    And people wonder why religious tenets are under so much skepticism in this day and age?

Trying to step on everyone's right and freedoms to live their life on their own accord, and doing so with the authority of a book written by men to control other men you deserve mockery not obedience.

Has anyone truly read into what the bible sets out as ideals for marriage in the bible?

http://youtu.be/OFkeKKszXTw
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Curmudgeon 2012/02/25 17:04:09
  • Pat 2012/02/24 02:14:39
    All of the Above
    +1
    NO one has the right to tell me or anyone else what to do with their body or reproduction.

2014/09/03 02:47:31