Should children be smacked or not??

FredFlinstone 2011/03/06 04:19:02
Related Topics: World
Looking for peoples opinions on this one.... Interested to see how the world see's it.

• User Deactivated 2011/03/06 04:20:46
    Yes children should be smacked-give reason
    User Deactivated
    +4
    I got smacked when I was younger, and I deserved every single time it happened. I think it's sad nowadays how parents aren't allowed to parent their children and properly discipline them. Note: I'm not advocating child abuse in any way, but physical punishment, in my opinion, has its place.

• sky blue pink - American 2011/03/06 12:56:57
    sky blue pink - American
    +1
    Just on the behind, with the hand. I had several spanking with my fathers belt and my mom's hand. I lived through it. I agree with Jtj26m, 100 %.
    Blessed Be
  • thisguy:) 2011/03/06 11:13:41
    thisguy:)
    +1
    my parents smacked, spanked, and whipped me when I was younger, and at the time I'll admit I was pretty terrified of my parents but now that I'm just starting adulthood I can reflect back and see that it taught me discipline and I don't resent them one bit for any of it.
  • Areyah 2011/03/06 04:51:26
    No, Children should not be smacked-give reason
    Areyah
    +1
    I think there's a difference between smacking and spanking. In my opinion, when I child misbehaves and deserves a punishment, then spanking is definitely acceptable. But to me, smacking comes purely from physical aggression and anger and children, no matter how bad they are, don't deserve that. Spanking is to teach, smacking is to harm.
  • FredFli... Areyah 2011/03/06 04:55:56
    FredFlinstone
    Ok I get where your coming from and I agree with what you have said i think maybe the language barrier as small as it is between the US and Australia is what the issue is here. Spanking is not a word commonly used in Australia, but smacking is it's Australian alternative. So for me Spanking and smacking have the same meaning. Hitting would be the next step which i believe is unacceptable
  • Areyah FredFli... 2011/03/06 05:02:20
    Areyah
    True true, aside from the word differentientation the underlying meaning is still the same :)
  • themadhare ~IJM 2011/03/06 04:33:54
    themadhare ~IJM
    +1
    not if the offending parent is just indulging herself
  • FredFli... themadh... 2011/03/06 04:40:28
    FredFlinstone
    +1
    so your answer is no but you think it is okay if the offending parent is not just indulging him/herself and smacking the child as punishment for something the child has done wrong???
  • themadh... FredFli... 2011/03/06 04:43:09
    themadhare ~IJM
    +1
    it's never the first alternative, I don't believe a measured swat on the rear is damaging to a child.
  • FredFli... themadh... 2011/03/06 04:46:43
    FredFlinstone
    +1
    Yes I agree if there is other ways to get it through to the child I prefer to avoid it but if it's the only way they going to listen I do agree a measured swat is the way to go
  • Mecynogea 2011/03/06 04:30:16
    Mecynogea
    +2
    only when they REALLY deserve it

I was spanked and smacked when I was a kid, sometimes for stupid reasons.
    But im pretty sure I wouldnt be the person I am right now without that.
  • FredFli... Mecynogea 2011/03/06 04:43:14
    FredFlinstone
    +1
    Yeah I agree I was smacked many times as a child and deserved every one I got. But it taught me right from wrong and respect. Thanks Mum and Dad. lol
  • Mecynogea FredFli... 2011/03/06 13:12:41
    Mecynogea
    hahaha
    in my case it is thanks to mom, my dad smacked me like three times o.o
  • Tudie BN 2011/03/06 04:21:10 (edited)
    Tudie BN
    +2
    I say NO! I know what it was like, when it shouldn't have happened !
  • FredFli... Tudie BN 2011/03/06 04:23:04
    FredFlinstone
    +2
    And your reason for this? Were you smacked as a child?
  • Tudie BN FredFli... 2011/03/06 04:42:56 (edited)
    Tudie BN
    +2
    it is there now !
  • User Deactivated 2011/03/06 04:20:46
    User Deactivated
    +4
  • FredFli... User De... 2011/03/06 04:42:03
    FredFlinstone
    +1
    Well put. No not for one instant is this poll advocating child abuse, But i think physical punishment when necessary is a lot different to child abuse.
  • User De... FredFli... 2011/03/06 04:44:46
    User Deactivated
    +1
    I was more concerned about my answer doing so. I didn't think your poll was at all. And I agree. It seems like the more parents are afraid to properly punish their kids, the more rampant are these little jerkoffs who have no respect for anyone and act completely selfishly with no regard to others.
  • FredFli... User De... 2011/03/06 04:52:19
    FredFlinstone
    +1
    Exactly it's plain to see that as it becomes more infrequent and socially unacceptable for parents to physically discipline there children that the children have less respect and behave in a manner that is disgusting to see. I regularly see young teenagers speak to there parents with little or no respect to them whatsoever.

2014/09/03 02:10:25