Should atheist be allowed to marry?

Yosyp 2012/03/30 11:09:45
Silly question I know, but all the argument I personally have seen against gay marriage are because of religion.

Since atheist don't believe in the holy union. "God has joined together, let no man separate" , maybe they should be denied that document we call " The Marriage certificate"

What say you?

I only know about the New York state law because it was covered a lot on
our news media and one of the provisions was that no church would be
forced to marry a gay couple if they chose not to, So I don't see the
problem.

People other than clergy can marry couples but they still receive the certificate of marriage.

• Jiorgia 2012/03/30 11:31:04
    Jiorgia
    +8
    i will get married one day (but not until after gays can marry too), but i wont marry in a church nor will i use traditional vows.
    i will not swear to an imaginary friend in the sky that i will love the man in front of me for the rest of my life.
    i will however swear to my family, friends and (future) husband that i will try my darndest.

marriage was around before christianity (or catholicism) so if they even bother trying to take that away from me, they will be sorely mistaken in court. good night.

• bricklyn 2012/04/01 21:57:15
    bricklyn
    +1
    The church never created marriage and never has had a monopoly on marriage at any time in history. Marriage has been around long befor christianity ever was thought about. Atheists and every other human being on the face of the planet should have the right to marry the legal adult of their choice.
  • Ejayt7 bricklyn 2012/04/02 02:45:36
    Ejayt7
    I beg the differ, marriage is an holy institution established by God as his chosen people the Isralites and Jewish peole have recoreded. Why believe that God doesn't EXIST and believes in an instistution he that he started, it is totally a paraodoxially kind of mentally. If you do not believe in God, do not believe in anything he started and represents Christ and His church. The marriage was between Adam and Eve, not Adam and Eve or Ida and Eve. Atheists should come up with their unexisting God or gods beliefs and quit using God's definitions. Atheists think they are really smart and are arrogant and are full of DELUSIONS oF GRANDUER.
  • bricklyn Ejayt7 2012/04/02 03:05:28 (edited)
    bricklyn
    +1
    Marriage was never created by your god in the first place. It was a Pagan ritual and was around for centuries befor christianity was ever thought about.

Christian should get their own ceremonies and stop using Pagan ones. That goes for the fact that christians thousl also stop using Pagan god as their saints as well. they should also be charged with plagiarism for the 10 commandments that were taken right out of the Egyptian Book of the Dead.
    Christians never has any original thoughts of their own at all. Everything they have is taken from some where else and recycled into their beliefs. That would include the more than 50 crucified saviors from virgin mothers with identical life stories to that of Jesus. the trinity and the arc of the covenant.

CHRISTIANS ARE PLAGIARIST AND THIEVES.

Marriage was not make holy until the church decided to do so in the 13th century.
    There is no evidence for the marriage of Adam and Eve in the bible either.
    Another point, Adam and Eve were NOT the first people on the planet.
    Beside which incest was rampant in the bible and must have taken place in order for the earth to be populated if you are gullible enough to belief such ridiculous stories.
  • Ejayt7 bricklyn 2012/04/02 03:21:49
    Ejayt7
    Boy, you are DELUSIONAL, ye believe in the false god, SATAN. Yeare free to TELL Ye MANY DELUISIONS of GRANDUER! "Ridiculous stories" boy, ye are a nutcase in a soup case! THERE are carmines in ye TEA! Stop smoke in Mariijuna for breakfast! Go ahead block me my am waiting!
  • bricklyn Ejayt7 2012/04/02 04:22:30
    bricklyn
    +1
    I believe in NO GODS at all. It is christians who believe in Satan and he is their second god even if they fail to recognize that.

Just for your information the majority of Atheists have a very strong moral base, which is more than I can say for christians and other believer.

Anyone who is a believer in talking snakes and apples possessing the magic of knowledge definitely has more than just a few screws loose.

Since the entire christian bible has been plagiarized from pagan religions and not a single god has ever been proven to exist, those who profess to believe in fictional creatures and characters are bordering on lunacy if not completely insane. Even 5 year olds know the difference between fantasy and reality. Yet you adults are hanging onto the superstition, fear and magic of the ancient uneducated herdsmen of the Bronze Age and think that they knew something that modern science does not know. Those were the very same sheep herders who died wandering in the desert terrified because they thought an eclipse hearlded the end of the entire planet.

So go and grovel to your impotent god, he has done nothing remarkable at all in more than 2000 years. None of what was attributed to him was ever examine in the first place and much of what in the bible has been proven to be fal...

So go and grovel to your impotent god, he has done nothing remarkable at all in more than 2000 years. None of what was attributed to him was ever examine in the first place and much of what in the bible has been proven to be false already.

Science is a bitch, it is true whether you believe it or not.

true
  • Ejayt7 bricklyn 2012/04/02 14:15:58 (edited)
    Ejayt7
    +1
    I see ye are full of many, many, demons speaking the way you do! Ye mentioned pagan religion, ah, it is just like the Bible states," worship creature more than the creator. Keep worshiping ye own behind and the creation. It will not get ye far! BLOCK ME, I am waiting! Pagans are FOOL  gif creature tahn creator worshipping ye beind creation ye block waiting
  • bricklyn Ejayt7 2012/04/03 00:23:07
    bricklyn
    +1
    Evolution is a PROVEN fact and has been for more than 100 years. Only fools believe otherwise. That is why the courts have outlawed any other kind of nonsense from being taught in schools today.

There is absolutely no difference between christianity and paganism. They all use the identical gods, rituals and ceremonies. The only things that christianity did was steal all that from the pagans and told everyone it was an original. Christians were LIARS right from the start.

We are all African by descent regardless of the color of our skin. And there have been humans on this planet for millions of years. NOT the 6000 years the bible tells you.

We are all descendants of primates. That is a FACT.
    http://youtu.be/WwD98VB1zvU

As for your phoney language and dares, I am not impressed. You are simply making an idiot of yourself here.
  • Ejayt7 bricklyn 2012/04/03 02:50:27 (edited)
    Ejayt7
    Ye are full of upsetting demons. Ye are so unhappy. I can feel it! OkAY, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! ANNSWER nOT A FOOL IN HIS FOLLY! BYE!
  • bricklyn Ejayt7 2012/04/07 18:52:43
    bricklyn
    You can feel nothing, you cannot even speak English or spell.

"any god who uses small minded bigots to speak for it is not a god worth knowing"--jesper myrfors
  • Ejayt7 bricklyn 2012/04/09 03:18:14
    Ejayt7
    Get thee hince Satan in Jesus name! Ye are a lying wonder!
  • bricklyn Ejayt7 2012/04/14 07:08:30
    bricklyn
    Get yourself out of the Dark Ages and out of the dark hovel of filth you live in. The age of enlightenment as arrived and it is filled with light, knowledge and information that shows your god is impotent.

Any god that cannot defeat iron chariots or satan is truly not a god at all and has absolutely no power of any kind.
  • POWERSHAKER 2012/03/31 22:51:23
  • Yosyp POWERSH... 2012/04/01 17:37:55
    Yosyp
    As I said it's a silly question but as I also said, most arguments I've ever heard against gay marriages are because of religion, a union God has joined together.
  • POWERSH... Yosyp 2012/04/03 09:39:03
  • Ejayt7 2012/03/31 00:06:50
    Ejayt7
    No, God created marriage, first. God married Adam and Eve.
  • bricklyn Ejayt7 2012/04/01 21:58:18
    bricklyn
    +2
    Adam and Eve were never married. Read you silly bible. Marriage was around long befor christianity was.
  • Ejayt7 bricklyn 2012/04/02 02:55:08 (edited)
    Ejayt7
    No, your silly bOOK has ye confused. Ye lies do NOT MAKE THE TRUTHS OF GOD VOID! The truths of God were established long before you and me were born. Ye can do nothing against the truth, AND so I may add, that's goes for anything ye type for a representation of ye MOUTH and YE BRAIN. Go ahead let off come STREAM, God does not care about you A LITTLE DROP in THE BUCKET and LITTLE weight in the baLANCE. The truth marches on without ye! He will handle you in his time, and ye WILL NOT GET AWAY IN LIFE.
  • ♫♪‼Chloey Arddun‼♫♪ 2012/03/30 23:36:13
    ♫♪‼Chloey Arddun‼♫♪
    +2
    Yes they should.
  • Yuki ~ ♦Lion King of PHÆT♦ 2012/03/30 22:58:28
    Yuki ~ ♦Lion King of PHÆT♦
    +3
    Marriage, in the civil sense, is a legal right for those who are of age to make binding legal decisions for themselves. End of story. Gender, orientation, religion, ethnicity... plays no part.
  • rockyjr5 2012/03/30 22:49:09
    rockyjr5
    +1
    Yes, I see nothing wrong with that.
  • ehrhornp 2012/03/30 22:35:22
    ehrhornp
    +1
    The argument I have seen against gay marriage is that it is a threat to so called "traditional marriage". This indicates to me that some people cannot decide on their own whether they want to marry a person of the opposite or same sex. So they need government to make that decision for them. Pretty pathetic if you ask me.
  • Luis 2012/03/30 21:48:50
    Luis
    +2
    No religious group may marry anyone unless they have a marriage license from the state. Therefore religion is irrelivant to legal marriage.
  • ehrhornp Luis 2012/03/30 22:40:06
    ehrhornp
    I believe I can marry people. I am a friend and a list is given to the state listing all of the members. I believe Friends have conducted marriage ceremonies for gay couples even though the marriage is not recognized by the state. It was by their meeting.
  • James 2012/03/30 20:15:01
    James
    +2
    None of my business if they marry or not.
  • Yosyp James 2012/03/30 20:17:16
    Yosyp
    +2
    that's the correct answer, nobodies business but the two people who are getting married
  • Smokey 2012/03/30 19:11:11
    Smokey
    +1
    One of my friends is an Atheist and he told me something that was funny. One morning, he and his wife woke up early and decided to make love. They promised to each other not to make so much noise because his wife can get a little loud and they didn't want to wake up their children. Well, the sex was good as usual, and she began to moan and then before climaxing she exclaimed, "Oh God, Oh God, Oh God, Oh God!" and the father yelled, "Jesus, oh Jesus!" At the breakfast table the parents and kids were there eating. The youngest child asked, "Mommie, I thought we were Atheist, but I hear you and daddy call out to God and Jesus!" :)
  • gkirmani 2012/03/30 18:11:25
    gkirmani
    ASK the Atehist in whose name the swear marriage..............they are hypocrites
  • Yosyp gkirmani 2012/03/30 18:15:12
    Yosyp
    +2
    I don't understand what you mean, "Swear marriage....."
  • bricklyn gkirmani 2012/04/01 22:00:18
    bricklyn
    +1
    I am an Atheist and there was no swearing to any one at my marriage ceremony.
  • Ejayt7 bricklyn 2012/04/02 03:00:20
    Ejayt7
    That's laughable when marriage pictures Christ and His church. There is no swearing in your marriage, but ye swear that God or gods does not exist. Ye swear a de time that God does not exist! The term ye are perferring is VOWING! An Athiest believing in an instistution established by God, now is STRANGE, INDEED!
  • **Bessie** 2012/03/30 18:05:01
    **Bessie**
    +3
    Yes. I don't see why they would want to in church, so they can just have a civil service.

Heck yeah, why not let them be a miserable as everyone else!
  • Yosyp **Bessie** 2012/03/30 18:28:44
    Yosyp
    +1
    Yeah they can and do , but they still get the certificate of marriage, same document those married in churches receive.
  • Mz Understood 2012/03/30 18:04:35
    Mz Understood
    +3
    Marriage requires a state issued license, can be performed in a court house, at sea by a captain, at a drive-thru window ala Vegas, etc. Therefore, it has nothing to do with the church or ones religious beliefs/disbelief's.
  • Yosyp Mz Unde... 2012/03/30 18:13:06
    Yosyp
    +3
    I agree and that's why I don't understand people using religion as the argument against gay marriage. The church does not issue the license
  • Mz Unde... Yosyp 2012/03/30 18:23:38
    Mz Understood
    +2
    I've thought that same thing. I've noticed that certain religious people try to force religion into political things but have a fit if political people try to force their way into religious things.
    The issue of contraception is an easy example of this. Catholics blew a gasket over the possiblity of contraception being forced into their medical coverage yet they have a fit about gay marriage. If you don't want government involved in your religion, don't try to force your religion on government issues.
    Let the bashing begin.......
  • Nimara 2012/03/30 18:02:03
    Nimara
    :O Atheists get married?

An abomination!
  • bricklyn Nimara 2012/04/02 01:05:01
    bricklyn
    +1
    Millions of Atheists are married. The only abomination is that christians who hate the fact that they are happily married.

The other fact is that the majority of christians have no idea what the biblical meaning of abomination really is!
  • Nimara bricklyn 2012/04/02 05:13:06
    Nimara
    Well, no worries, I'm not Christian. And I was being sarcastic.
  • bricklyn Nimara 2012/04/03 00:23:53
    bricklyn
    +1
    Thanks for the clarification
  • Nimara bricklyn 2012/04/03 03:59:18
    Nimara
    lol I knew I'd get attacked.
    You're welcome.

2014/07/31 23:47:52