Should all teenagers wait until they're 18 to have sex ?

ConfidentialDede 2012/05/07 01:15:13
Related Topics: teenagers, Kids, Kid, 18, Sex
yes.
No.
I dont exactly know.
Everyone around me is having sex ' 14 through 17 , are these kids trying to prove a point ?

• ☽✪☾Goddess~Worshiper☥ 2012/05/07 05:27:14
    No.
    ☽✪☾Goddess~Worshiper☥
    +7
    Sex is a natural part of being alive. Everybody does it, some for fun and others just to produce offspring. (Fun fact: Dolphins have sex for fun :). ) No one should be ashamed of it, or feel like a whore for it, or anything like that. I mean, why not do something that feels good? haha :)

• zero 2012/05/07 05:41:13
    I dont exactly know.
    zero
    +1
    As long as their married and are ready for the responsibility
  • C-ZAR™, Emperor of the PHÆT 2012/05/07 05:29:13
    No.
    C-ZAR™, Emperor of the PHÆT
    +2
    They SHOULD but they WON'T, let's keep it real, that's why they should pass out condoms and bc
    No.
    ☽✪☾Goddess~Worshiper☥
    +7
  • Kibbles ☽✪☾Godd... 2012/05/07 10:54:49
    Kibbles
    +1
    There should be a waiting period, shame no, feel like a whore no. I think waiting should be done. Besides young people tend to be stupid with it.
  • ☽✪☾Godd... Kibbles 2012/05/07 13:53:14
    ☽✪☾Goddess~Worshiper☥
    +1
    That I agree with. I know I was stupid about it when I first started, and lucky me nothing happened. But I am way more careful now.

I think, maybe, they wait until they are responsible and smart about it.
  • Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of ... 2012/05/07 05:25:35 (edited)
    I dont exactly know.
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    Well this is tricky; I believe before the 1960's, a female 13 and older were allowed to marry. Yikes; I know, now laws have been changed.
  • Pops 2012/05/07 05:21:31
    I dont exactly know.
    Pops
    +1
    I don't know if all should but most.
  • ««Gingey, the Master Debate... 2012/05/07 05:21:22
    No.
    ««Gingey, the Master Debater of Þ|-|Дэ†»»
    +1
    I think that people should have sex whenever they feel ready.
  • Osaka 2012/05/07 05:18:02
    yes.
    Osaka
    +1
    Also if they have the strength, save themselves for marriage.
  • judge 2012/05/07 05:16:48
    yes.
    judge
    +3
    18 or older and married. If everyone around you is jumping off a cliff to their death, would you jump off too?
  • Gregaj7 2012/05/07 04:50:25
    yes.
    +3
    How about abstaining until they are married?
  • sean 2012/05/07 04:25:56
  • lonewolf sean 2012/05/07 14:06:42
    lonewolf
    +1
    it may be their own fault but the parents get stuck with the burden.
  • POWERSHAKER 2012/05/07 04:24:17
  • LukeC 2012/05/07 04:22:53
    No.
    LukeC
    Whether or not they should, ti does not matter, because they will as young as 12.

Rather than trying to stop them, educate them.
  • rknothead 2012/05/07 04:16:46
    yes.
    rknothead
    +1
    then you can take full responsibility for a pregnancy if it occurs
  • CREW grand 2012/05/07 04:13:57
    yes.
    CREW grand
    If it's illegal for an adult to have sex with someone under 18...
    why is it okay for someone under 18 to have sex with someone under 18?
    The net result is effectively the same.

Don
  • BeautifulSoul 2012/05/07 03:53:20
    I dont exactly know.
    BeautifulSoul
    If ur ready Ig...?
  • turtledove123 2012/05/07 03:51:00
    I dont exactly know.
    turtledove123
    +2
    I think that people should wait until they are in love to experience sex. Real love, not the love that is just for 15 minutes.
  • Pat 2012/05/07 03:45:20
    yes.
    +1
    I think that until at least 18 we're dealing with children, still in school and still living at home. Just because they "can" have sex doesn't mean they should. They risk not only physical issues like diseases or pregnancy but also the emotional damage when the "break-up" occurs. It's better to wait until they are more mature and know a little more about life and its pitfalls.
  • Herb 2012/05/07 03:40:09
    yes.
    Herb
    +4
    yes many dont know what love or infatuation is

sorry its an act, at that age they don't know what true love is

Another excuse is “But we are in love!” True love will wait until marriage so that one can show and give his or her whole and complete self to the one that she or he loves. “Sex is a powerful force that can destroy if not used properly. Like atomic power, sex is the most powerful creative force given to man. When atomic power is used correctly it can create boundless energy; when it is used in the wrong way it destroys life. Sex is the same kind of powerful force… But if you play with this powerful force outside the bounds of marriage, it destroys you and those close to you.”(Hanna) “Your virginity is the most precious thing you have to give to your spouse. Once you lose it, nothing in the world can bring it back. Don't lose something so precious in a thoughtless way.”(Hanna) Save your virginity for your future spouse in marriage.

Do teens really know what love is?

“Love is too powerful for teens to understand,” says junior Ramone Simmons. He believes that teens confuse sex with love and that they’re too young to really understand the meaning of true love. So, he does not think teens know what love is. It seems as if some people think teens have not gone throug...

Do teens really know what love is?

“Love is too powerful for teens to understand,” says junior Ramone Simmons. He believes that teens confuse sex with love and that they’re too young to really understand the meaning of true love. So, he does not think teens know what love is. It seems as if some people think teens have not gone through enough experiences to understand the whole concept.

It seems like people have different inputs on where love comes from. Some say love comes from the heart, not from your age. But some people think that at a certain age, you don’t know what love is.

junior, said, “Teens get confused with the word love.”

When someone says “I love you,” it does not most likely mean that they are in love with you.

A lot of people get confused with that and end up with their heart broken.

Goldy Young, a junior in a teen relationship, says that age shows a lot in a relationship. “Younger teens really don’t know what love is compared to older teens, around the ages 16 and up. All because they have not went through enough experiences to know what it is.”

do teens know what love is

It can be sometimes be difficult to tell the difference between infatuation and love. This is especially true at the beginning of a relationship. It is easy to think that you have found true love as the intensity of infatuation takes over your life. Love, however, rarely comes on suddenly. It is a slow, gradual process that can only happen after the rush of infatuation starts to ebb.

Infatuation describes the intense range of feelings present at the beginning of most relationships; sweaty palms, rapidly beating heart, butterflies in the stomach. The world is a better, more beautiful place because object of your affection is with you. Every time you touch is thrilling, you remember every conversation, and your thoughts revolve around them. In more common terms, this is a crush. Crushes are a very real, normal part of human life. Everyone experiences at least one crush at some point or another in their lives.

Infatuation is caused by a chemical reaction in the body. The hormones released accounts for some of the feelings of elation. In truth, you are "high" on dopamine. This is an important evolutionary response to meeting a potential future mate. These hormones assure that two people will spend enough time together to possibly produce children, thus ensuring the survival of the special

Love, on the other hand, is a calmer, more mature feeling. It is a sense of stability. Love is still exciting, at times. It can change day-to-day. Love takes work. The feelings are not supported by the highs of hormones, but by a shared love and respect for each other. Love is what exists after infatuation fades, if you are lucky.

Infatuation and love are different in many ways. While both result in pleasant feelings, the feeling of infatuation is more intense than the feeling of love. Love may not be as intense, but it is usually a much deeper emotion. Relationships that start as infatuation can mature into love.

One of the biggest differences between infatuation and love is how long each can last for. Infatuation can last, at most, several months before it starts to fade. Love, on the other hand, is capable of lasting fifty years or more, if both people in the relationship work for it. Infatuation is almost effortless. Anything put into the relationship is because you want to. Everything you do for the other person brings great pleasure for you, too. This isn’t always the case in love. You do things that you don’t want to do, things that you will get no pleasure from, because it is the fair thing to do. Love is about compromise.

Infatuation and love are both different in the amount of unpleasant tension that is part of the relationship some days. Infatuation discourages any real disagreements from taking place. You both are on your best behavior during all the time you spend together. Anything that could cause a discrepancy to the idea of a perfect relationship is avoided. Everything is perfect, and no one wants to mess that up.

Love allows people to be who they really are. While arguments aren’t encouraged, they happen. Sometimes they happen a lot, especially in times of stress. Love is admitting that your partner has faults, and so do you, but that is okay. You have realistic expectations of each other. Love is accepting.

Infatuation and love are two separate emotions, and there are many differences between them. They are, however, similar in some ways. Infatuation is like a shiny new pair of dress shoes, where as love is the comfy old sneakers you’ve had for years. Infatuation is fun, while it lasts. Eventually, though, the night out ends, and you slip into the sneakers that fit perfectly, even if they are starting to give at the seams and the tread is worn out. This is what happens in relationships. As the brilliance of infatuation fades, couples move into a contented place where, even if there are problems, they know they can depend on one another to provide the love and support they need. That is the difference between infatuation and love.
  • Kibbles Herb 2012/05/07 10:56:26
    Kibbles
    I agree completely, teenagers these days say they're in love and haven't even experienced it fully yet, at most they've felt infatuation. We can't possibly fathom a micron of what love is until we've taken the plunge.
  • Radha Halder 2012/05/07 03:37:50
    yes.
    Radha Halder
    +1
    Yes,i believe that having sex at a age before 18 can be really harmful. Even it's safe sex. I have no idea of how sex feels like (Hey im 12, i get shivers just talking about this >.<)But i have heard the word pleasures many time. If it is true teens below 18 might just break and go for real sex. For those who think sex is okay for anyone under the age of 18,well something really must be wrong with you. Sex,it is the pleasing yet painful process for creating life,but if kids do this too early,there life shall be over. It really important about when to have sex.
  • Confide... Radha H... 2012/05/07 03:59:17
    ConfidentialDede
    +3
    I appreciate your answer thank you .
  • Elbuscus 2012/05/07 03:26:45
    I dont exactly know.
    Elbuscus
    +1
    the safest sex is not having sex until marriage.
  • Scream Elbuscus 2012/05/07 03:28:20
    Scream
    +3
    But that's not sex. It can't be safe sex if there's no sex.
  • Confide... Scream 2012/05/07 03:32:06
    ConfidentialDede
    +1
    I do agree , all people dont think the same .
  • Elbuscus Scream 2012/05/07 03:37:42
    Elbuscus
    +1
    premarital sex is STUPID. giving away your body and part of your soul when you're not even sure they love you? much less ready to commit to you for the rest of your life?
    the idiotic things people do for pleasure only to have that pleasure overtaken by humiliation, shame, grief, and suffering.
  • Scream Elbuscus 2012/05/07 09:35:19
    Scream
    That still doesn't mean abstinence is sex.

By the way, I don't agree with you. That wasn't the point of my post though.
  • Elbuscus Scream 2012/05/07 20:34:14
    Elbuscus
    really? do you think I don't realize that?

I really hope you change your mind. before you end up saying something along the lines of:

"This is incredible, mom, and it really doesn't seem possible. it's some kind of mistake, i think. it looks to me like somebody, somehow got me pregnant."

"oh honey, i love you, i really do, but I've got to tell you I've been feeling nauseated since we've been hanging out in the back of your van."

"I thought love was supposed to make you feel good. Why do I feel like vomiting all the time?"

"you're kidding! I can't be pregnant! I'm certain I kept most of my clothes on!"

"We've done it once in our lives and now I'm pregnant. Nobody is that potent, are they?"

"He told me five times that he was sterile."

"This really makes me mad. He said he has lots of experience doing this and nobody ever gets pregnant!"

"He said if I really love him I should prove it by sleeping with him; Honest! He said he wanted to sleep with me, he never mentioned the other stuff he intended to do."

"it must have happened when I was asleep! really, as far as I can remember, I wasn't even around when I got pregnant!"

"he said if we used a colorful, French condom everything would be fine."

"Why can't the guys get pregnant for once??"

"That guy was so rude! we were kissing in his corvette a...

"That guy was so rude! we were kissing in his corvette and this song he likes came on the radio and he just went berserk on me!"

"Why don't guys take these things as seriously as girls do?"

these quotes are from the book Teen Sexuality, A Humorous Guide to a Serious Matter, by Rolf McEwen.
  • Scream Elbuscus 2012/05/07 21:19:54
    Scream
    Um...did I say that I'm having sex? No. I'm not.
    I was merely pointing out that - once again - abstinence isn't sex. Because you tried to say in your first post that the best sex is no sex. And I was just pointing out the error in your logic.

Also, the girls in those quotes sound naive and stupid.
  • Elbuscus Scream 2012/05/07 21:24:49
    Elbuscus
    the error in your logic is thinking there's an error in my logic. maybe you can't wrap your mind around words of wisdom...?

with a mindset like yours, I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up saying one of those lines in the next couple years.
  • Scream Elbuscus 2012/05/08 06:05:19
  • Elbuscus Scream 2012/05/08 19:55:18
    Elbuscus
    my point exactly. can't recognize words of wisdom, much less listen to them.
  • Scream Elbuscus 2012/05/09 10:08:26
    Scream
    What do you mean?! This is what I've been trying to tell you the whole time. And you've just been ignoring me and talking about how good abstinence is.
  • Elbuscus Scream 2012/05/09 22:49:56
    Elbuscus
    nope. not worth explaining to someone who won't listen, and didn't listen in the first place.
  • Scream Elbuscus 2012/05/10 05:48:19
  • Andy Fletcher 2012/05/07 03:26:20
    I dont exactly know.
    Andy Fletcher
    +1
    I don't think age in terms of numbers is the deciding factor. That said, it's probably better to wait.
  • Miko 2012/05/07 03:25:18
    yes.
    Miko
    +3
    Yeah, at least 18 to be ready physically and mentally to do it
  • Inquisitve Kat 2012/05/07 03:23:03
    I dont exactly know.
    Inquisitve Kat
    +1
    It would be ideal, but I don't see it happening.
    I do imagine there are odd couples out there who are truly in love and ready to have sex, under the age of 18, but I don't think that speaks true for most.

2014/09/02 21:59:34