Should a woman be forced to keep a baby she concieved after being raped?

MoonshineMotor 2009/11/24 16:50:14

• Crewshal 2011/06/06 19:32:44 (edited)
    Crewshal
    +8
    No woman should have to carry a child conceived by rape.God or no God,in fact I would tell God to go jump in a lake,if he thinks I would let any of my daughters or grand daughters carry a child by any Rapist dirty Scum Criminal

• Just Je... katelynn 2011/06/07 03:52:58
    Just Jenn for Now
    +2
    God doesn't cause conception in women, humans do. Get educated. And don't tell me you are, because if you were, you would know by now a baby doesn't go in a woman's STOMACH, genius.
  • Colbert katelynn 2011/06/07 04:23:54
    Colbert
    +3
    I think rape is murder. I think rapists should get the death penalty, and I don't think we should force a woman to carry that burden of memory.
  • -sasman- katelynn 2011/06/11 04:18:57
    -sasman-
    +1
    God didn't put it there the scumbag rapist did. God was asleep at the whee.
  • Ms. Richardson 2010/09/01 06:21:30
    Ms. Richardson
    +2
    i do not believe in abortion at all however i do believe it is up to that woman to decided on whether she keeps the baby or not. in the end, she will have to live with her decision. One: i was raped AND i killed my baby. Two: I was raped and out of this I have to raise a baby that came from this horrible act. either way it will be with her for the rest of her life. no one can force any woman to keep a baby or to get rid of the baby. u never know that child that came from such a horrible incident might be the best thing that has ever happened to her life. so yes she's hurt and feel abused because of the rape but she has someone that is a piece of her.
  • MSLAYLA 2009/11/28 17:03:05
    MSLAYLA
    +5
    HOW COULD ANYONE THINK THAT A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE HER VIOLENT ATTACKER SEED GROWING IN SIDE OF HER SHE NEEDS TO CHOOSE WHAT IS BEST FOR HER WELL BEING WHY SHOULD SHE BE FORCED TO LABOR AND HAVE IS BABY YOU PEOPLE ARE SICK
  • Moonshi... MSLAYLA 2009/11/29 23:48:44
    MoonshineMotor
    Agreed. Forcing a woman to girve birth to the child of a rapist is like the reproduction of a virus. The virus finds a cell and injects the contents of its membrane into the cell to make more copies of the virus. The copies of the virus leave the cell. The cell then dies afterwards.

This can be applied to a rape scenario. The rapist rapes the woman and injects his seed into her. The woman gets pregnant and gives birth to a child, who will most likely carry the same mentality and be just as bad as the rapist father, depending upon how they are raised. After all the trauma, the mother dies a little inside.
  • HoldenBeachBum 2009/11/26 22:37:15
    HoldenBeachBum
    +1
    It depends on what the mother wants. I would support her either way. Only SHE can make that decision.
  • brotherplease 2009/11/26 15:59:41
    brotherplease
    +2
    but only if she is a registered Republican
  • Observer 2009/11/26 11:24:11
    Observer
    +2
    To answer your question directly: No! That is an emphatic “no”. You must not compel a woman to keep a child conceived from rape.

The person that posed this question has apparently chosen to keep the child. She sees the opportunity to mold a better person from this child. That is very laudable. The key thing here is that it is HER CHOICE, one that must not be denied. She could easily have chosen not to keep it, also a choice not to be denied.

Since I didn’t fall off the turnip truck yesterday, I know the ideological and therefore political implications of the question. So-called conservatives have accused me of being a liberal. Liberals have accused me of being a conservative. I am not a middle of the road person either. My convictions are clear in matters on which I have commanding information. My personal convictions, that is to say my perceptions of the truth, guide me. Those perceptions change with subjects at hand. They also change with specific subjects as more facts on the matter become known.

Without equivocation, I believe in choice. You must not compel a woman to carry a baby if she wishes otherwise. If she agreed to it in a contract but changed her mind mid way, you may sue for breach of contract and have the issue resolved in a legally binding setting. The resol...

Without equivocation, I believe in choice. You must not compel a woman to carry a baby if she wishes otherwise. If she agreed to it in a contract but changed her mind mid way, you may sue for breach of contract and have the issue resolved in a legally binding setting. The resolution must consider the woman’s health.

If there is no binding contract and she discovers a foetal developmental anomaly, there must not be a law preventing termination. This is where I get hate mail on the matter from “wing-nuts” of the extreme variety. It takes resources, not available to everyone, to raise a developmentally challenged child. In spite of “nutty say so”, those children are almost never adopted and as such remain stuck in families that cannot adequately care for them.

Like the person that posted this question said, if you disagree with me, shove it!

Buck up! Be reasonable. Be the Best American you can be!
  • Doc Ock 2009/11/26 03:25:51
    Doc Ock
    +2
    The child deserves to live. She can give up the baby for adoption.
  • Jezzy Doc Ock 2009/11/30 08:57:13
    Jezzy
    +1
    As always, the men say "Why not?" because they themselves will never know the strain of pregnancy.
  • Doc Ock Jezzy 2009/11/30 12:06:14
    Doc Ock
    Not so.
  • moonchild Doc Ock 2011/06/06 19:31:28
    moonchild
    Oh? Please explain to me how a man will EVER know the strain of pregnancy?
  • Charles... Jezzy 2011/06/07 02:44:00
    CharlesG BN-0
    Do you know the strain of a ruptured gallbladder?
  • NatAlex23 2009/11/26 02:54:35
    NatAlex23
    The Constitution says NO.
  • . NatAlex23 2009/11/26 03:46:40
    .
    +2
    Really...where at? I would like to know so I could look it up...
  • NatAlex23 . 2009/11/26 04:19:21
    NatAlex23
    +2
    The Supreme Court said that a woman's right to abortion is guaranteed by the Constitution and it is their job to interpret it :
    "The Court held that a woman's right to an abortion fell within the right to privacy (recognized in Griswold v. Connecticut) protected by the Fourteenth Amendment. The decision gave a woman total autonomy over the pregnancy during the first trimester and defined different levels of state interest for the second and third trimesters. As a result, the laws of 46 states were affected by the Court's ruling."

SOURCE: http://www.oyez.org/cases/197...

• Paul Re... NatAlex23 2009/11/26 04:42:36
    Paul Revere
    And after the health care bill is passed, you will see the aforementioned court case used as a precedence. It is this right to privacy that the Court stated was in the Constitution that will assist to kill the government takeover.
  • . NatAlex23 2009/11/26 10:55:13
    .
    I read everything you posted and I only seen where they ruled that it was the fourteenth amendment that said it was constitutionally correct...but you didn't show me where in the fourteenth amendment they found it...I just don't see it...help me out on this because 7 of the 9 say they found it and two others said they don't...where is it? If it was really in there wouldn't it be so clear that 9 of 9 would have seen it?
  • NatAlex23 . 2009/11/26 13:29:53
    NatAlex23
    I'll give you a link to the opinion which may help you. if you look at the origninal summary of the decision, they make a reference to Griswold v Connecticut. In that case, they stated that a combination of the 1st, 3rd, 4th, 9th Amendments created a certain right to privacy (although in Roe, Justice Blackmun decided that the 5th Amendmen. The reason they cite the 14th Amendment was due to the fact that before the 14th Amendment passed, the Court had consistantly stated that the freedoms and rights protected by the US Constituion only prevented the FEDERAL government from infringing on them, the states had the right to take your freedoms as they pleased, unless it was protected by the STATE'S constitution.

The 14th Amendment states: " No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."
    The Court has interpreted this Amendment to mean that states are prohibited from infringing on all freedoms protected by the US Constitution without due process of the law. Thus, the right to privacy protected in the various Amendments in the Bill...

The Court has interpreted this Amendment to mean that states are prohibited from infringing on all freedoms protected by the US Constitution without due process of the law. Thus, the right to privacy protected in the various Amendments in the Bill of Rights, now protects STATES from infringing on that right (Remember, abortion was already legal in NY and a few other states at this point. Roe v. Wade said that the States could not ban it). However when cases in regards to the 14th Amendment came up, there would be a heated debate over states' rights. That's what the dissent focuses on, that the 10th Amendment supercedes the 14th Amendment in this case, and thus states should be free to outlaw abortion if they choose.

Opinion of the Court: http://www.tourolaw.edu/Patch...
  • JohntheChristian 2009/11/25 23:24:57
    JohntheChristian
    +4
    Nope. But should a child be killed because their father was a rapist?

Adoption is the best option.
  • Observer Johnthe... 2009/11/26 11:31:19
    Observer
    +2
    This isn't a matter for glib or rote responses!

You prefer adoption so I ask you, how many have you personally adopted?
    How many have gone un-adopted and remain languishing in homes that cannot provide adequate care?

Buck up! Be the best American you can be!
  • Johnthe... Observer 2009/11/26 21:39:31
    JohntheChristian
    I'm a 22 Year old College student who can barely support himself.

So none. And I wasn't being glib or rote.
  • Observer Johnthe... 2009/11/26 22:36:32
    Observer
    I didn't know your personal situation. Carrying to term and giving the baby up for adoption is a noble thing to do. Still, it is not a choice that everyone can make.

There are people in this forum with pre-programmed ideological opinions on the matter. They glibly repeat these opinions by rote without giving them due thought.
    Many of these people advance options that they have no idea of how impossible they are for others to implement. My question is directed more at them than at women who have to carry to term and then make the heart wrenching decision to give up the baby. My questions remain valid.

So, to those advocating adoptions, I ask:-
    1. How many have you personally adopted?
    3. How many more do you plan to adopt?
    2. How many have gone un-adopted and remain languishing in homes that
    cannot provide adequate care?

• . 2009/11/25 20:33:25
    .
    +4
    If somebody left a baby on your doorstep and expected you to keep it safe and take care of it...even though you didn't expect or want to be raising a baby...would you kill it just because you didn't ask for ir or want it?

It is still half hers even if she didn't plan to get pregnant and it is still a living human.

I see liberal demoncrats that care more about a damn mouse in San Francisco than they ever would a human life.

It is ironic that the liberal demoncrats push for what they call "healthcare" and try to include killing babies before they are born...
  • MSLAYLA . 2009/11/28 17:07:51
    MSLAYLA
    you compare a woman being brutalized to someone leaving a child on a doorstep ? "And expected you to keep it safe" why should as women do what a person who violated her expect her to do do you hear your self get a grip
  • . MSLAYLA 2009/11/28 21:29:13
    .
    Did you read that before posting..."why should as women do what a person who violated her expect her to do do you hear your self get a grip"...what the hell were you trying to say???

Try again.
  • Jezzy . 2009/11/30 09:03:35
    Jezzy
    Sorry for not thinking it best to add to the thousands of children who are already up for adoption and are being ignored by our country as it is. I would consider the "adoption option" argument valid if there weren't already so many children suffering in foster homes and orphanages.
  • . Jezzy 2009/11/30 09:39:44
    .
    +1
    You should be sorry for thinking that death was ever a good option...where do we stop?

If you think your kids are a pain in the ass and just getting in the way of you having fun...just kill them so they don't have to suffer in a foster home or an orphanage because you are too damn sorry to finish what you started...if your parents are old and you think that they are getting in the way or you are just sick of caring for them...kill them too!!! God knows we don't want them suffering by letting them live out their lives either...you do know how many of those pesky nursing homes we have and they are all full of old people just getting in the way.

Death is never an option...not when an innocent life is the target you wish to exterminate.
  • Jezzy . 2009/11/30 21:06:09
    Jezzy
    +3
    You can't compare people you've known for years to a mass of cells without brain activity. It's apples and oranges.

I can tell that you're the same type of person who would be complaining if I received assistance from the government to help pay for the child if I had one in this situation and did not have the money to support them.

How about you silence yourself about anything having to do with pregnancy until you have a vagina and almost faint from the pain of menstrual cramps. Men have no authority to tell women what to do with their bodies, and you, good sir, are no different.
  • . Jezzy 2009/12/01 01:42:35
    .
    +1
    I compare living DNA to living DNA...I would hate to live one minute in your shoes trying to justify the difference between life and death based upon a vagina.

I have raised my two kids without a mother I have 100% custody...tell your BS to somebody else. Their mother is still alive...just to damn sorry to be a mom.

I have had to live with all of the pains that come after child birth...they last quite a bit longer than your few pains. I feel bad that you hate being a female so bad that you would think that is any kind of justification for killing a baby...

It has got to be a very sad place inside your head when you think that half of a living being inside of a female is not the mans...it is both the man and the womans...but you would rather complain about it and kill it because it makes you hurt...it makes real men hurt when you kill their babies too.

So you think it is right that a woman can kill a baby and the man has no say in it at all...and if she chooses to keep it the man has no say either but he has got to pay for it for the rest of his life and have very little to no rights in raising it either?

I'll never understand that reasoning...thank God I don't understand your "all for the female and none for the male reasoning"...It would drive me to be as crazy as you seem to be.
  • Jezzy . 2009/12/01 16:26:50
    Jezzy
    +1
    Yes. It's my body. Once you live as a woman, which I do proudly I might add, you can make that decision. It's like surgery. You don't force someone to undergo it because its their body. Even if it's a transplant surgery that would save another life, you don't force someone to give up a kidney or such.

Your ignorance of the pains a woman goes through reek of misogyny. Don't talk like you know what my life is like. Again, you're a man, so your entitlement and privilege is in full view.
  • Revolut... Jezzy 2009/12/02 21:04:18
    Revolutionary Girl
    +2
    I, too, am a natural born woman with a "VAGINA" and I am proud to be a woman. Do you know what really makes me exceptionally proud more than anything? It is the fact that under no circumstance would I ever abort a living being, even when it's not even visible yet to the naked eye on an ultrasound. I chose to have my child through physical, emotional pain and other things too personal to mention. There is no comparison to apples and oranges. It is life from the very beginning before the cells start to split!!!! It is life from the beginning to the end and in no way, should any mother carrying this "life" justify why it should be killed; no matter what the circumstance is.

As to having pains that come from being a woman, it's been like that from creation. Some women are just stronger than others and can take the pain of child birth or menstrual cramps or anything else for that matter, even emotional pain, and at least suffer in silence about it and not act like they can't handle such things. This is especially for those who are pregnant and contemplating abortion toward the very one innocent, "form of life" unaware of the tragedy which will be bestowed upon it. This is the very "life" in which the mother should be PROTECTING and not DESTROYING and not causing PAIN to i...

As to having pains that come from being a woman, it's been like that from creation. Some women are just stronger than others and can take the pain of child birth or menstrual cramps or anything else for that matter, even emotional pain, and at least suffer in silence about it and not act like they can't handle such things. This is especially for those who are pregnant and contemplating abortion toward the very one innocent, "form of life" unaware of the tragedy which will be bestowed upon it. This is the very "life" in which the mother should be PROTECTING and not DESTROYING and not causing PAIN to it as its life is slowly, tortuously being taken away!

If as a woman you are going to sit there and gripe about menstrual cramps to the point of almost fainting...you're lucky. If only the baby being aborted could lose consciousness, faint before it was being tugged and pulled, cut and suctioned apart or burned alive with saline solution getting into its eyes, nose, throat, skin as it is peeling away and just drowning in it. Yes, if only the baby could faint...

A man can not give birth to a child but that's not to say in other ways he's not suffering. Especially if he is the father of the child who is about to be aborted or has been aborted. There are men who are capable of loving that unborn child to the point that they feel like dying themselves when that woman makes that decision. There are men who would gladly give their lives instead, if only to protect their unborn child at any stage; a mass of cells, an embryo, a fetus, almost full term! There are also men whose child it isn't but would love that child as though it's their own. I've known those types of men too.

It's a tragedy to take a life no matter what the circumstance. I am a mother myself, and wouldn't change it for the world.
  • . Revolut... 2009/12/02 21:32:28 (edited)
    .
    +1
    Very well put. I would still bet that as much as she seems to like the death option she will argue with you too...even though you are a woman.
  • Revolut... . 2009/12/02 22:11:57
    Revolutionary Girl
    +1
    Thank you 25/Eight.
  • Revolut... . 2009/12/04 17:47:03
    Revolutionary Girl
    +1
    25/Eight, Jezzy (the female) just blocked me from further replies and it was a good reply I was sending too. See, she wanted to call me disgusting again because of my views yet she didn't want me to respond to her latest comments...so if you don't mind, I'm speaking to her through you......

Jezzy, you know I've touched a nerve and that is precisely why YOU BLOCKED ME!!!!! If you don't like what people have to say then why do you even respond to hot topics like this...they are always controversial!!!
  • Jezzy Revolut... 2009/12/03 03:51:59
    Jezzy
    +2
    Oh, okay.

If you don't want an abortion. Don't have one. Your detailed description has no effect on me and my view of a child who is conceived due to a rape. A woman should never have to endure a pregnancy she did nothing to deserve. That's what the issue here is. Not "Oh, I fooled around and got preggers. Time to go to the abortion clinic!", in which case I agree with you. I just don't think it's fair, just, or moral to force someone who has already gone through so much trauma to go through 9 months of pregnancy for something she never gave consent to in the first place.

Oh, and some menstrual pains are worse than others, so don't insinuate that I'm weak. Thanks.
  • Moonshi... Jezzy 2009/12/03 05:15:55
    MoonshineMotor
    Well said!
  • Revolut... Jezzy 2009/12/03 20:36:31 (edited)
    Revolutionary Girl
    +1
    The fact the graphic- reading detailed description had zero effect on you or the guy above...whatever he is...doesn't surprise me. It merely once again proves that the "child" the unaware, innocent child, who did nothing wrong to deserve this is thought of as an OBJECT to hurt, kill and leave to die, then tossed away because it means absolutely nothing just because a woman would rather take the easy way out. Rape is beyond horrible but she could still choose life as being more valuable and so much more important, it would overshadow any amount of pain she had gone through to get to this point. Plus, she's got the option of adoption.

I worked in a situation where I saw more documentation on rapes than the public would unless they too were in the same line of work. The majority of those rapes were "date" related or where the woman or girl just completely lied about it to get back at a man. Not all rapes are caused by strangers out of nowhere. Some of these women had choices about the situation they put themselves in. People may say that rape is rape but with these different variables taking place...there is also that gray area and not all of it is black and white where a person can plainly see it.

I have personally known people who were truly raped by serial rapists a...

I have personally known people who were truly raped by serial rapists and got pregnant and chose life and were grateful they did regardless of the emotional pain and physical pain put on them. I also knew someone who got raped and had an abortion and has regretted it for 15 years of her life and is sorry that she killed her son or daughter.

Whatever a woman chooses, she'll know at the end of her life if it was the right decision or not. I'd hate to do something like that and go through life wondering if I did the right thing, just to die and know that I didn't.
  • Jezzy Revolut... 2009/12/03 22:36:56
    Jezzy
    +1
    Hold it. You did NOT just victim blame, right? No DID NOT just say she could have avoided it? You're disgusting.

People deal with rape in different ways. Others would like to not be reminded of it and decide that they've had to go through. If you can't relate to that and that maybe, just maybe, she should not have to live up to your beliefs and reasoning, then I think you need to step back and think about how it must feel. Have you been raped? Being around rape victims and knowing rape victims are not the same thing.

Your friends chose life. Good for them.
    Some people would rather choose "life" -- as in, get it back to normal the way it was before some douchebag decided to mess it up.

2014/10/20 04:41:16