Sandra Fluke for TIME Person of the Year?

Fef 2012/11/29 00:00:00
TIME magazine has a history of picking winners -- at least the most controversial characters of the year. However, Sandra Fluke -- the women's rights activist who pushed for requiring birth control coverage in insurance plans -- doesn't strike me as someone most people would have heard about considering the general lack of awareness when it comes to political issues.

TIME has awarded the TIME Person of the Year to these recent more recognizable figures: The Protester in 2011, Mark Zuckerberg in 2010, Ben Bernanke in 2009 and Barack Obama in 2008. Heck, I even won it in 2006 when TIME named "You" Person of the Year!

Other nominees include: Adele, President Obama, Congressman Ron Paul, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, Olympian Usain Bolt, mega-billionaire Warren Buffett, the band Foster the People, Khan Academy founder Salman Khan and many more. Do you think Sandra Fluke should be TIME's "Person of the Year" for 2012?

warren buffett band foster people khan academy founder salman khan

VIDEO.FOXNEWS.COM reports:
Time Magazine nominates left-wing hero for annual honor

Read More: http://video.foxnews.com/v/1993345479001/sandra-fl...

• arek.petrosian 2012/11/29 15:13:19
    arek.petrosian
    +34
    No, not because of the fact that she is a whining little tramp, but because she is a symptom of what is wrong with this country, and how far fools will go to get what they want, which is something for nothing.

Also, she is a rather poor liar. She claims that her birth control costs were over $3,000 per year? Really? Taking the Pill, according to the Center for American Progress, would cost up to $1200 per year without insurance. Condoms, a more effective means, are around $2 each. Now, if we go with Ms. Fluke's figure of three grand per year, that would mean she is having sex around 1500 times per year. Where does she get the time to study? That comes out to having sex just over four times per day. And she wonders why she is called a slut by so many?

It's not misogynistic to look down on those who do not respect themselves. I am a husband, and a father of a wonderful daughter. I simply have no respect for Ms. Fluke because she is a liar and a self-confessed slut. She is a poor role model, and an even poorer American. I hold women in high regard, as one the greatest sources of joy in life. To see one so deliberately lower herself to such a level, and put her complete lack of morals and self-respect on public display lowers the bar for women everywhere.

• Matamoros 2013/01/17 11:36:14
  • Koatz 2012/12/25 01:31:59
    Koatz
    What is her claim to the prize? She testified before congress. Wow!, big deal.
  • Eric 2012/12/19 17:02:54
    Eric
    But she was effectively used by the Obama campaign staff.

Probably the person of the year is the person(s) behind the amazing metrics and marketing in the Obama campaign. MIT studied their use of social science and targeted marketing to effective convince voters. The Obama campaign spent 10 times the amount Romney's campaign spent and it turned the election. http://www.technologyreview.c...

It is the wave of the future. Karl Rove had the state of the art metrics but that has been surpassed.
  • Sherry 2012/12/19 15:08:26
    Sherry
    Hence why I early on called her Sandra Flake, and still do, arek petrosian. I heard Rush apologize over and over and over again. And she is such a whiny self centered little flake, that she would not accept it. It wouldn't be a surprise that the Slime Times would choose such a little tramp-now they're after Oblasphemer.
  • LuckyLady02 2012/12/18 21:57:17
    LuckyLady02
    Any one of you who spoke as ill of her as Rush did want to take us back to the Comstock laws. Sad but same was said about many women who fought for giving out information on birth control. It always surprises me when I realize in the early 20th century it was illeagle to even give out info on birth control. Ms. Fluke, like many educated women before her, put herself in the line of fire and is a notable person.
  • hilllary LuckyLa... 2013/01/01 22:26:44
    hilllary
    She is a whore that can't afford to pay for her sex.
  • Marek 2012/12/17 01:14:17
    Marek
    Give her no bell piece price.
  • wth 2012/12/11 22:14:26
    wth
    Uh No. Idiot of the year maybe... Didn't she feel used by the Democrats? Oh yeah she's used to feeling like that so it didn't bother her. Even the way she speaks sounds so fake.
    She didn't believe a word she was saying. I'd be embarrassed pushing such an issue. Why doesn't she speak out about other issues with more importance and substance? 'Please help me pay for my birth control because using a condom takes away from the whole experience'
  • Kookieless The Sexy Nihilis... 2012/12/11 01:40:33
  • annibal9@excite.com 2012/12/08 02:43:30
    annibal9@excite.com
    I can have more conversation...
  • bt sedlock 2012/12/06 06:34:14
    bt sedlock
    I don't even know who Sandra Fluke is. And why can't TIME go back to calling a their Man of the Year or Woman of the Year and stop being politically correct?
  • MS PRUD 2012/12/05 00:14:56
    MS PRUD
    +3
    Sandra Fluke - SLUT OF THE YEAR.
  • Spy Master 2012/12/04 22:09:02 (edited)
    Spy Master
    +3
    I tell you who should vote her person of the year trojan condoms
  • Daryl 2012/12/04 19:33:04
    Daryl
    +5
    Democrat of the year yes.

She is repulsive, stupid and wants the government to steal for her.

She's the poster-boy Democrat.
  • debhead 2012/12/04 17:29:08
    debhead
    +1
    Birth control should be covered by insurance but its not Woman of the Year worthy. Its comments sense.
  • wth debhead 2012/12/11 21:58:32
    wth
    it's common sense and it's not to have govt pay for anyones birth control. If people can afford cigarettes they can afford birth control!!
  • Jasper2 debhead 2012/12/21 13:36:05
    Jasper2
    The purpose of insurance is not to pay for your necessities. It is to share risk among groups and individuals with similar situations. Recreational supplies doesn't fall into that category. It's like suggesting insurance companies pay for parachutes for those who wish to sky dive. Utter nonsense.
  • Bronar 2012/12/04 15:47:26
    Bronar
    +1
    Ho of the year! Time is so influential, if they choose her my opinion of her will really change!
  • 001 2012/12/04 14:26:40
    001
    +2
    Although it's better than Ben Bernanke (seriously, why was he even nominated?) or Mark Zuckerberg.
  • Cal 2012/12/04 12:16:30
  • WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB 2012/12/04 10:54:17
    WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB
    +2
    A slut, being considered for the same "honors", most often given to mass murderers, by a dying rag.
  • Somkey the Hores 2012/12/04 10:02:57 (edited)
    Somkey the Hores
    +4
    FLUK NO. She's a money grubbing whore, like every other Democrat.

GIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMME etc.
    +1
    Ignorance.
  • Dweezle 2012/12/04 05:14:40
    Dweezle
    +1
    I do not believe she is bad, however,I do not see her as woman of the year or person of the year
  • Death On Two Legs 2012/12/04 04:59:53
    Death On Two Legs
    +1
    Malala Yousafzai should get it
  • Sean 2012/12/04 04:22:51
    Sean
    +2
    Here's who I would vote for, for that title, anyone of these folks:

Buckminster Fuller

Jacque Fresco

Peter Joseph

Douglas Mallatte

Brandy Hume

Joan Shenton

Dr. Val Turner

Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Dr. Kaku
    http://www.freedomsphoenix.co...
    Hannah Brencher

Leah Salmon

Tommy Sotomayor

And that's a short list of people who are ACTUALLY worthy such a title!

Buckminster Fuller
    Buckminster Fuller
    Jacque Fresco
    Jacque Fresco
    Peter Joseph
    Peter Joseph
    Douglas Mallatte
    Douglas Mallette
    Brandy Hume
    Brandy Hume
    Joan Shenton
    Joan Shenton
    Dr. Val Turner
    Dr Val Turner
    Neil DeGrasse Tyson
    Neil Degrasse Tyson
    Dr. Kaku
    http://www.freedomsphoenix.co...
    Hannah Brencher
    Hannah Brencher
    Leah Salmon
    Leah Salmon
    Tommy Sotomayor
    Tommy Sotomayor
  • 001 Sean 2012/12/04 14:29:24
    001
    +2
    Jaqcue Fresco deserves that title more than anyone.
  • Sean 001 2012/12/04 14:32:08
    Sean
    Buckminster Fuller advocated for the same economic system as Fresco, and he was doing it before Fresco.
  • 001 Sean 2012/12/04 14:35:11
    001
    +2
    I don't know who he is but I was just looking into it. I noticed he died years ago. That doesn't make anything he did any less impressive, but I think the title should go to someone who is still alive.
  • The Ele... Sean 2012/12/05 11:24:46
    The Electrician
    I know a great deal about Jacque Fresco, he's the social designer that says the Earth cannot sustain itself if we don't decrease the world population by 50% in the next 40 years. Problem is Conservative movement doesn't want to hear that kind of talk. Next to Kaku, Tyson and some of the others, he's one of the greatest of our times. As a matter of fact he has the greatest mind, because he's self educated, he used "common sense."
  • Sean The Ele... 2012/12/05 14:46:11 (edited)
    Sean
    +2
    Fresco does not claim that the human population needs to be reduced by 50%, he does advise one against having a large family just for the sake of having a large family, those are 2 different things.

The overpopulation theory is NOT scientifically supported, the planet has enough resource to support 12X the current human population, and it's mathematically very unlikely it would ever get that big. The problem is not population density, the problem is inefficient use of resources, and intentional waste of resources on the parts of governments, and corporations, for example, grocery stores throw out millions of pounds of produce everyday that could be given to poor people because it's not sellable!

One example of a change in infrastructures that critically needs to be made is the housing infrastructure which governments of course governments, and corporations don't want to hear about. We need to start BUILDING UP! Eliminate these stupid ground level one level housing units that can only accommodate 1 person, or 1 family, that is a very inefficient use of land, and that's what's causing suburban sprawl. The housing infrastructure needs to be changed to all HIGH-RISE, BUILD UP!
  • The Ele... Sean 2012/12/06 14:15:30 (edited)
    The Electrician
    What is your source ? Very well written, but who's butt did you pull that out of.
  • Red 2012/12/04 03:20:10
  • SezMichael 2012/12/04 00:25:24
    SezMichael
    +1
    Well, since Time is not taxpayer property, debating it is a moot point, isn't it? Besides, since it's "left wing media", what do you Soda-cons care?
  • dominic garcia 2012/12/03 23:58:45 (edited)
    dominic garcia
    +3
    Sandra Fluke is where she is at, because of Obama and all the liberals. Sandra probably reminds Obama of his mother, she was not a nice woman. She was a loose goose! Most liberal women can relate to Stanley Ann Dunham for a reason. I hope Time Magazine does not make her person of the year. They will be losing the very little respect, they have left!
  • The Ele... dominic... 2012/12/05 11:29:54
    The Electrician
    Like they really care, they're out to sell magazines. Besides, I give her credit for standing up for what she believes in and it helped get Obama the woman vote. She stands for womens rights. GOD bless her.
  • dominic... The Ele... 2012/12/05 16:53:54
    dominic garcia
    I stand for God's creation before I stand with Obama and Sandra's corruption! It is wrong for our tax dollars to be paying for their birth control pills and abortions, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that!!!! You are not God's friend when you are against his morals, values and principles. It is great that you agree with corruption, but you should not bring God into it.
  • David (oYo) 2012/12/03 22:46:27
  • Watermusicranger 2012/12/03 21:59:57
    Watermusicranger
    +4
    Just like the guy that got the Nobel Peace Prize, Obama
  • Spy Master Watermu... 2012/12/04 22:12:32

2014/10/24 12:14:46