Same sex marriage: Yay or Nay?

Elmo~WAWU~Bn-2~ 2012/04/15 21:10:42
Related Topics: Marriage, Sex
Yay
Nay

• Denny Boy 2013/04/21 23:38:12 (edited)
    Nay
    Denny Boy
    +1
    I made this image myself. And proud of it!
    Anti gay
  • Elmo~WA... Denny Boy 2013/04/22 08:15:22
    Elmo~WAWU~Bn-2~
    What's it supposed to be?
  • Denny Boy Elmo~WA... 2013/04/22 17:55:01
    Denny Boy
    The anti-gay sign. duh
  • Elmo~WA... Denny Boy 2013/04/22 20:30:25
    Elmo~WAWU~Bn-2~
    Looks more like an anti-equality sign to me. Maybe it's one of those ones that can be of multi-purpose. You can use it to protest against gay marriage, post it to discriminate against rights for blacks and even whack it out when your wife leaves the kitchen to go to work. It's a very nice picture you have there. It represents everything I hate; in just a little, badly drawn Paint-programme 'sign'. Ain't that cool?
  • Denny Boy Elmo~WA... 2013/04/23 00:32:41
    Denny Boy
    It's a protest against gay marriage. Because pink & red represent ungodly ideas such as communism (during the cold war era), and gay marriage (in the present era).
  • Elmo~WA... Denny Boy 2013/04/23 16:44:29
    Elmo~WAWU~Bn-2~
    It looks like something a four year old Nazi would draw.
  • Denny Boy Elmo~WA... 2013/04/23 18:48:20
    Denny Boy
    Are you saying anyone who opposes communism is a nazi? You must be very dedicated to your political party.
  • Monica 2013/04/21 19:36:56
    Monica
    +1
    Dont care tbh
  • Justagirl 2013/04/21 17:49:51
    Yay
    Justagirl
    +1
    End state licensure of civil contracts between consenting adults. Gooberment out of Our households!
  • Naime 2013/04/21 17:41:08
    Naime
    +2
    Civil unions...?
  • Elmo~WA... Naime 2013/04/21 22:32:26
    Elmo~WAWU~Bn-2~
    Not the point.
  • Naime Elmo~WA... 2013/04/22 02:28:50
    Naime
    That is my point. It may not be the point that you agree with, but it is a point nevertheless.
  • Elmo~WA... Naime 2013/04/22 08:16:27
    Elmo~WAWU~Bn-2~
    It's not the point. We have a human right to be married, and gays aren't allowed to do that. It's wrong. Other people who can't breed marry all the time.
  • Naime Elmo~WA... 2013/04/22 20:33:47 (edited)
    Naime
    +1
    That is why I recommended a civil union. While they deserve that bond and it promises them that bond, they do not disrupt marriage itself. To do so would make every single person accept a new definition for marriage, when there can easily be another type of bond that has the same outcomes. I truly believe that civil unions will give both sides what they ask for.
  • Elmo~WA... Naime 2013/04/22 20:40:23
    Elmo~WAWU~Bn-2~
    Please, there's nothing left of marriage to disrupt. A woman married a bell. A bell. I am not even kidding, it was on a documentary. I'm pretty sure she married a tree, too. She has been married over 50 times. Celebrities marry for media attention. Men marry two different women. Women marry men just for their money. Marriage isn't about what other people want, agree with or see fit. It's about what the couple want, what the couple need. It's about the love that the couple share, and being married in the presence of God, if that is what they wish. Having a civil union is not the human right. it is the right to marry. It is written quite clearly.
  • Naime Elmo~WA... 2013/04/22 21:07:48
    Naime
    +1
    Civil unions give all of the same benefits that marriage does. But that is not only the matter at hand. So far, there is no other way in which people can create a compromising solution that does not force the other to alter their very thoughts. To just change the name of marriage or to just deny the people the right to this bond is like throwing one side to the wolves. It shows that the government does not care about half of their country's views. By allowing a civil union, it shows that they are giving both sides both a benefit and an advantage. It shows that they do not favor one political party over another. From the viewpoint of another country, that would make America look rather weak.

It shows that they still greatly care about the gays and liberals (or whatever), but it also shows that they care about the conservatives and anyone else who is against gay marriage. Sometimes the best way to solve a problem is to compromise.
  • Elmo~WA... Naime 2013/04/23 16:46:03
    Elmo~WAWU~Bn-2~
    It's not changing the marriage. It's just making it legal for everyone to have the opportunity to do it. I think it's disgusting that two people who are in love can't be married.
  • Naime Elmo~WA... 2013/04/23 21:04:41
    Naime
    +1
    But in the end, to throw away half of out country makes us look weak. If we want to do what is best for this country's future, then it is to come up with a solution that will benefit both sides. To say "it is not good enough" shows a sense of selfishness. That takes away the pride from America. So either you take what you have or you do not take it at all.

That is like a child bickering with his mother because he did not get both halves of the cookie. The mother had the choice to say no to the child getting any amount of the cookie, but she offered him half. The child refused to take any of the cookie until he was offered all of it. In the end, the mother took away the privilege because he would not accept her compromise.
  • Elmo~WA... Naime 2013/04/24 05:14:44
  • Naime Elmo~WA... 2013/04/24 20:58:25 (edited)
    Naime
    Then it is not equality to say that liberals get a special privilege to change the definition however they please, and that the others do not. That itself is inequality. That is all the compromising is, is trying to make it equal. By giving both sides something, we make it equal. If you do not care America, then that is not my problem. But for you to tell us Americans how to run our own country - looking at your own economy - I find rather hypocritical. And by judging my opinion on how to run my own country, you are in fact telling Americans how to run their country.

For the record, I never said anything about homosexuality being wrong. If they wish to be, then that is their own choice.
  • Elmo~WA... Naime 2013/04/25 04:56:17
    Elmo~WAWU~Bn-2~
    It's not changing the definition; that's insane. Everyone needs to stop trying to 'salvage' marriage. there's nothing left to save. I'm not judging your opinion on how to run your country, I'm telling you how I want mine to be run.

They do not wish to be. Was there a point in your life where you decided you were going to be straight?
  • Naime Elmo~WA... 2013/04/26 02:07:10
    Naime
    +1
    To a large degree it is changing the definition of marriage. I have nothing against them having bonds, but if others are forced to change their ways to benefit such a small population, then they can just as easily create their own form of 'marriage'.

I never had to decide to be straight because I am not 'straight'. I have zero desire for any sexual relationships, and I have very little desire for any close emotional relationships that are any closer than a best friend.
  • Elmo~WA... Naime 2013/04/26 06:15:46
    Elmo~WAWU~Bn-2~
    Nobody has to change their ways. They just have to stop discriminating people because of something they can't change.

Okay. Did you have to decide to do that? How do you describe it? Asexual sounds right, except I normally use it while describing plants, so I feel a bit rude.
  • Naime Elmo~WA... 2013/04/27 00:48:50
    Naime
    I have nothing against gays. I just feel that marriage does not define the relationship between two of the opposite gender. Countless others feel the same way. It is nothing against that gays, but it is against changing the very concept of marriage.

Yes, I am asexual. I usually like to avoid saying it straight out, but I shall not deny it if you predicted it correctly.
  • Elmo~WA... Naime 2013/04/28 06:01:30
    Elmo~WAWU~Bn-2~
    What use is marriage if it cannot re-define itself in this ever-changing World. Nothing ever stays the same, we are constantly evolving and if something cannot evolve with us it is worthless.

Okay.
  • Naime Elmo~WA... 2013/04/28 19:41:14 (edited)
    Naime
    While thoughts and time may change, memories shall never change. Often people say "everything changes", and this is true for the most part. However, there are many concepts, memories, and ideas that remain forever still.

But I once learned something. This kind of 'evolution' is forced. Evolution is something that occurs naturally over a long period of time. By forcing this evolution it only harms society; it does not help it.
  • Elmo~WA... Naime 2013/05/08 05:21:55
    Elmo~WAWU~Bn-2~
    I bet someone said that during the civil rights movement in the 60's/70's.

It is not going to harm our society; and if it does then our society isn't even worth being here because it's too weak. Quite frankly, I don't care what the straight people want. i care what the gay people want, because they are the ones who are not being treated with fairness and equality.

I don't agree with gay marriage. I agree with marriage. Just marriage. For everyone. Equally.
  • Naime Elmo~WA... 2013/05/08 21:16:09
    Naime
    Or we can take marriage out of everything political. We can refer to it all as a 'civil union' - whether it be a bond between heterosexuals or a bond between homosexuals. If people will not stop fighting over something so pathetic, then we may as well just take it away from both sides. That is true "equality" is it not? It restores balance to both sides.
  • Elmo~WA... Naime 2013/05/10 05:51:09
    Elmo~WAWU~Bn-2~
    That's a decent idea. See if the Catholic and Muslim homophobes (I'm not saying that they are all homophobes) like being denied the right to marry.
  • Naime Elmo~WA... 2013/05/11 00:29:02
    Naime
    Well they could still have marriages, but the marriages would not be political. The political part of the bond would be the civil union, and the nonpolitical would be marriage. And if homosexuals wanted to get married non-politically, then it would not cause nearly the chaos that it is causing now. The majority of the reason that both sides are arguing is over a 'political' marriage. I am saying to deny both sides a political marriage. They can still have the ceremony and claim the title 'married' while it does not disturb the state.

If homosexuals would like a marriage, then I agree that they should have that right to happiness. But I would rather it not be political for homosexuals or heterosexuals.
  • Nikola Tesla 2013/04/21 17:27:39
    Nikola Tesla
    +3
    Who cares? If you don't like gays DON'T marry one.
  • _Casey_Logan_ 2013/04/21 17:24:59
    Yay
    _Casey_Logan_
    +1
    Love is love
  • Herbtheman 2013/04/21 17:24:14
    Nay
    Herbtheman
  • sneekyfoot 2013/04/21 15:39:14
    Nay
    sneekyfoot
    +3
    I dont think marrage works so I say no marrage for anyone but make breeding permits manditory .
  • Haole 2013/04/21 15:09:17
    Nay
    Haole
    +1
    Nope. The answer was no the first million times and it will probably be no the next million times also. The answer was no in the first 32 states where it went to a vote, what is this? we keep pestering daddy until we get our own way? The American people have clearly and consitently said "NO" emphatically.
  • i don't care 2013/03/05 05:51:33
  • Not A C... i don't... 2013/04/21 16:52:13
    Not A Crybaby Richard <3Freedom!
    +3
    lol xDD
  • Jimmy Koala Page 2013/02/22 22:39:53
    Yay
    Jimmy Koala Page
    +2
    I want it to be so!! (for brian's sake)
  • Rebecca 2013/02/18 16:40:41
    Rebecca
    +2
    to each is own
  • miiyou 2013/02/18 14:50:26

2014/10/21 05:38:35