Rest in Peace Thinking Woman

DutchHeretic Native non-American 2012/04/30 11:06:43
white rose
It is my sad task to inform you all that our friend we all knew as "the Thinking Woman" suddenly passed away on Saturday April 14 2012.
I received this news via an e-mail from a friend who took care of the running business and found my e-mail address in her laptop.
What she always told me that she had diabetes turned out to be pancreatic cancer and when this was discovered it was too late.

Every morning I got up at 5 am to chat with her , because of the time difference between the Netherlands this was 10 pm her local time..
I grew to love her very much and knew Thinking Woman very well and on a personal level, we even had future plans together..
She was a lovely gentle compassionate woman and I loved every chat or talk in Skype where I sometimes sang her a song playing my guitar..
Then , sometimes she did not come online but the next day she was there again and told me she had been to the hospital because of her diabetes and it was nothing to worry about ..
But this was never more than 1 day 2 days at most .
On the morning of April 14 she came online also after have been away for a few days in the hospital.. as usual she did not want me to worry..
Then it went silent ..
After a week she still had not been online I GOT worried and asked everyone if they heard anything of the Thinking Woman..
My worries came true in the worst possible way when I received the message of her passing .

On Sodahead the Thinking Woman was a true liberal atheist freethinker who saw through the conservative smokescreens like they were not there and slapped the posters with irrefutable facts and knowledge.
Well what do you expect, she had several PHD's and used to be a high school English teacher.
Her clear view of reality got her the usual insulting replies from radical christian/conservatives who could not win the "debate"
Most of the knowledge I have about America and its systems I learned from her.

She also was a woman who took great pride in her native American heritage and she could talk to horses , a true horse whisperer.
The Thinking woman also was a great lover of nature and life ..
The past year has been one of problems and hardship to her , but like the woman she was , she did not wanted to worry any one so most of you may never have noticed it.
I think I was one of the few who knew what was really going on.

She leaves a huge gap in my personal life that cannot easily be filled..

With love , to a lady who died too soon

burning candles
thankyou

• ProudProgressive 2012/04/30 15:27:08
    ProudProgressive
    +23
    She was a true friend, a dependable fellow combatant for truth, and had a heart as big as anyone I've ever known. The world seems a little sadder today. Rest in Peace, my dear friend.

dddfffggghhhbnbb

2014/11/28 14:42:01