Relationship trouble

BlackHampster 2012/03/03 19:02:43
I am currently in a complicated spot. there is this boy, white boy (I am black) who likes me and wants to be in a relationship with me. Some actions have occurred I wont get into detail. Every time we hang out he is always telling me that he loves me (we've only recently started hanging out), I usually don't respond because I don't feel the same way about him. He is 17 I am 18 and I have known him since junior year,we are now seniore. I really don't know how to feel about him, I don't know if I like him or not. He has already told our friends (we hang out with the same people) that we are dating. the only reason that I agreed to his statement was because I didn't want to hurt his feelings and tell him that I mixed feelings for him, pardon my language but holy fuck I am stuck, I don't know what to do. since I guess we are now dating he is my first boyfriend and I believe I am his first girlfriend. I am still asking myself why I am resisting to be in a relationship with him? We are both virgins. but we don't really talk much when we are together, well at least I don't, he usually rants on about politics and such. I don't know what to do, please any suggestions? I would like to very much get suggestions form adults who have been in this kind of situation before and from those who are currently dating. I don't know how to play boyfriend girlfriend, what are the rules to this game? Please help.
Just to give every one a heads up, we are now dated, we started dating on March 2, I am happy with him, I am glade I agreed to be with him, he respects me a little more then I respect myself (I don't do drugs by the way) we do have things in common, and I learned that he's very much into cars (It's a guy thing) and he listens to what I have to say, when I am uncomfortable I let him know and he does not question my reasoning?(whatever it is you want to call it.) We are also going to the prom together. like I said he is my first boyfriend, and I am happy that I waited for someone like him. Thank you to everyone who responded and gave me advice, again we are still at the start of the relationship but so far so good, and I don't plan to change were I am right now. Again Thank you to all who responded. looks like the internet isn't a bad place after all. LOL

• heartsonfire 2012/03/18 01:48:09
    heartsonfire
    Um you shouldn't be "playing" girlfriend and boyfriend, it isn't a game. Figure out what your feelings are first.
  • OblivousPain 2012/03/08 04:44:58
    OblivousPain
    +1
    If your feelings are mixed slow it down wait for yourself to decide if you like him or not you are senior this guy could be stuck with you for a while. Playing boyfreind girlfreind is middle school stuff this is life. If it turns out you like him then try to talk to him more and get into the kind of things he likes! I hope this helped out a little bit good luck!
  • Bocephus 2012/03/07 18:59:31
  • peaches 2012/03/04 04:19:43 (edited)
    peaches
    It's not a game! I'd figure out your feelings towards him first though, there's not much anyone could do to help you with that. If you do have feelings for him, what are you afraid of? Honestly is the most important policy, tell him how you feel.
  • fireware0062 2012/03/03 23:04:15
    fireware0062
    wow... these comments... sorry to say that
    just be a friend to him, continue your friendship I mean you said you recently started hanging out, find out more about this friend before you start making your move, about his "rants" about politics and so-forth, tell him your not interested in talking about those, talk about something else communication is the key process, about the whole I love you, I don't know about that one... does he mean it? does he look like he means it? you have to ask yourself about that one... take the reins like what "Joe61" said, but not too tight find out what he likes, or tell him what you like, the whole thing about what you said "whole I don't know how to play the boyfriend, girlfriend thing" is a learning process as well, it's awesome that your honest, honesty is also key in a relationship, your young, smile, have a good time!
  • Clay Slayer 2012/03/03 22:27:04
    Clay Slayer
    Is it a black , white Thing? and just how do you feel about this dude? Be up front and tell him you dont care about his political leanings, Mutual respect goes a long ways.. At your age, tread the waters lightly...... do not commit yourself..... If you are yourself and he is hisself , it will either work out or it wont..... The rules to this game are yours to define, you run the show. and you set your limitations..... Good luck
  • Joe61 2012/03/03 20:18:15 (edited)
    Joe61
    Seems to be a lad in a hurry.....Just keep a tight rein on your nicker elastic when he's around.
  • Jerry (Iron Priest)☮ R ☮ P ☮ 201
    Rule number 1: stay a virgin. 2: Don't sweat it; just be yourself.
  • The Potato Princess 2012/03/03 19:18:22
    The Potato Princess
    Tell him how you feel?
    +1
    Dear Abby is AWOL
  • BlackHampster 2012/03/03 19:03:41
    BlackHampster
    and please be honest with your suggestions.

2014/07/30 23:24:52