Rave this if you love MLK!

StupidGreedyRightWingButtKisser 2012/01/16 08:34:49

This is such an emotional subject, about a man who lived in an emotional time of violence, conflict, and unbridled cruelty. We have come so far. Thank you Dr King and all the good people who have fought for equality.

• Sadisticon Joey 2012/01/17 00:28:24
    Sadisticon
    +1
    I know! Doesn't that sound freakish? How repulsive are people who ignore the rights and needs of any group of people! Still, what I have experienced first hand leads me to that conclusion - the only safety, preservation, or salvation for Blacks in America is to be as much like their white neighbours as possible. It was a clinical observation; not an empathic one.
  • Joey Sadisticon 2012/01/17 00:32:59
    Joey
    +2
    So black people should be like white people . So that means we should enslave them ? How this white people spend 400 years treated like animals and see how well they are doing after that.
  • Sadisticon Joey 2012/01/17 02:52:23
    Sadisticon
    +1
    oh. my. I certainly didn't mean that!
    We may certainly behave as though we are a multi-cultural society in certain cities but in other locations it is to no advantage to expect that a relaxed attitude towards ambiguity or even outright uncertainty will exist or abide. Hostility is best met with familiarity of actions, language and expression. Natives of a land have a common culture. I merely advocate discovering the common culture of America and abiding by it. We are not going to tear apart 500 years of progress - good or bad - by insisting on making failure and dependence a standard. Black success in America is based on the Eurocentric model. That's all I was saying.

Yet. If Black sadisticon wants to enslave white sadisticon it's all right in a kinky, mutual/consensual sort of way. It shouldn't be the standard, though.
  • Joey Sadisticon 2012/01/17 02:59:36
    Joey
    +3
    First WHITE people are not the the natives of this land.
    Next many things in white culture are taking from other places , everything from the celebration ritual to food to music . If it was not for a black person the South farming industry would have been devastated . That white model funny you say that since the first University was in Africa .
  • Sadisticon Joey 2012/01/17 20:53:14
    Sadisticon
    The extraordinarily beautiful thing about opinions is that they do not lay hands upon a person.
  • Stacie Joey 2012/01/17 12:19:13
    Stacie
    I don't know if he is a Republican, but I am.

I cannot abide racism in any form and do not support or agree with what he posted.

Your comment is both shallow and insulting. You must have quite the library with all the books that you have judged by their covers.
  • Joey Stacie 2012/01/17 14:30:16
    Joey
    Lets see, we have one Republican suggesting black people don't know any better and show vote republican. Something I hear from republicans on this site over and over .Let me tell you something being patronized does not help bring people to your cause .Heck the last republican I talked to said 9 out of 10 black people were dumb, or felt that Republicans were racist. This dude is calling 90% of black people dumb and than wonders why people might think republicans were racist.
  • Stacie Joey 2012/01/17 19:22:48 (edited)
    Stacie
    +1
    I was not addressing what the "dude" was saying. What I was addressing was the ignorant and unfair manner in which you labeled Republicans, including me, as racists.

I do not care how many people you use as examples, it is never okay to judge someone by someone else's beliefs and/or actions.

Oh, and by the way, Martin King Luther Jr, and his father before him, were Republicans. Are you going to insinuate that he held racist beliefs as well?
  • Joey Stacie 2012/01/18 03:56:06
    Joey
    THe republicans party of old is not the same one of today. We see this in how Dems Changed parties to republicans many years ago. We have Rick Santorum implying that black people are talking up all the welfare money , and then we have Newt saying that black people want food stamps and not pay checks. How should one react to a things like this. We have Paul saying he would have not voted for the the Civil Rights act and the list can go on.
  • Stacie Joey 2012/01/18 04:05:54
    Stacie
    You name only three Republicans, and yet are ready to judge the entire party? It completely unfair and absurd.
  • Joey Stacie 2012/01/18 05:17:30
    Joey
    If these were just normal Republicans that would be one thing , these are Republicans front runners who all have massive support. It is not like I used someone liked Perry.
  • Joey 2012/01/16 15:21:30
    Joey
    +5
    I run across many people here and in real life that claim MLK day is just a black Holiday. However people don't know that he died standing up for City Workers , of all races.
  • StupidG... Joey 2012/01/16 15:26:49
    StupidGreedyRightWingButtKisser
    +5
    Yes people often think he supported only civil rights for people with dark skin but he was helping the poor and downtrodden no matter what color their skin.
  • #Justice4Trayvon 629 BLOCKT... 2012/01/16 15:09:47
    #Justice4Trayvon 629 BLOCKT CONS
    +8
    Yes, we have come a long way. We still have such a long way to go.

A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Read more: http://www.brainyquote.com/qu...
  • gone i guess 2012/01/16 15:06:19
  • Angi 2012/01/16 14:38:07 (edited)
    Angi
    +5
    I did history last year and learned about the Civil Rights Movement in the U.S and MLK was not a perfect person but he said some near perfect things that can inspire any one.
    I knew about MLK and the Civil Rights Movement in the U.S before but just learned a lot more.
  • Utall 2012/01/16 14:12:07
    Utall
    +4
    i don't hate him
  • Mopvyzo 2012/01/16 12:41:18
  • Rogue_Loner 2012/01/16 12:33:47
  • SABLE 2012/01/16 11:09:58
    SABLE
    +9
    He was a great man
  • Che Guevara - Hero 2012/01/16 10:53:17
    Che Guevara - Hero
    +16
    MLK was a Great American and made a huge contribution to Human Rights.

MLK quote
  • postmamy 2012/01/16 10:14:46 (edited)
    postmamy
    +8
    wise man @ freedom rings
  • melly~thwarting Satan since... 2012/01/16 09:39:37
    melly~thwarting Satan since 1971
    +30
    A lesson for Congress:

"We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now. "
    martin luther king
  • StupidG... melly~t... 2012/01/16 09:42:23
    StupidGreedyRightWingButtKisser
    +15
    Wise words!
  • Pearlie Momi♥Patriot Warrior♥ 2012/01/16 09:17:43
    Pearlie Momi♥Patriot Warrior♥
    +14
    Martin L King was a great man. He will always be remember as a great leader who wanted everyone to have a dream.. Dream big...work hard and equal rights for all...Thank you. Wish your family great health and happiness.

Martin Luthur King  dream
  • StupidGreedyRightWingButtKi... 2012/01/16 08:45:33
    StupidGreedyRightWingButtKisser
    +12
    I love MLK Jr. He devoted his life to peace and suffered for it, as did his family, but it was worth it. The scenes of racial terrorism of the time are shocking, and I have tears on my face as write this, but I don't want to think about that today. I just want to say thanks to MLK and all the people who worked and suffered so we could have equal rights today..
  • Zach Tool 2012/01/16 08:42:36
    Zach Tool
    +12
    who could possibly hate this man.
  • Kaleoku... Zach Tool 2012/01/18 21:25:45
    Kaleokualoha
    At the time he was accused of being a communist, like Obama: http://www.thedailybeast.com/...

2014/10/25 22:13:55