Quick quiz! How much of the US money supply is digital and does not exist in the physical world?

\V/ 2013/05/03 17:36:26
Only 97% of the money supply is digital
A system failure is in your future
The Matrix is a system
Its a system of control
Unplug
I am totally amazed that when I go to the USA I see so many people so hooked on digital cash. Many live paycheck to paycheck because they allowed their leaders who used to be known, decades ago as "public servants", ship all their manufacturing employment opportunities, to Communist China, leaving them with service sector jobs only!
This really helped the 1% to go from Millionaires to Billionaires!
Banks are now too big to fail, Billionaires too rich to jail!

Now with Global communications networks, the USA has also been able to outsource many service sector jobs to India, allowing Americans who used their houses as piggy banks as they refinanced their homes to get the cash for more toys! Now they can play with their toys while their unemployment run out and the banks foreclose on the American dream!

All of that is much better than what happened to my country, Ecuador. Yes, the World Bank, which is supposed to help "Third World Country s", offered Ecuador a loan in 1981. When our President Roldos refused the USA sent out jackels to take him out.
(See Confessions of an Economic Hitman).

This "loan" was actually credits given to certain Capitalist darlings and friends of the USA who quickly took all their chips and cashed them in at Swiss banks! When Ecuador could not repay the credits, the currency was "devalued" allowing US oil companies throughout Latin America to buy our resources for pennies on the dollar until our money, the money I grew up with, no longer exists except hanging on my wall.
You see my uncle was an artist who painted portraits of some of our national heroes that appeared on our paper currency.
5000 sucres

What goes around comes around

Since Americans let their greedy leaders and owners like the Wal*Mart owners send all the jobs overseas, their only exports have been very pricy weapons, like the weapons sold to the Freedom loving Saudi Kingdom where Operation Iraqi freedom was launched. Since USA idiots were told that Saudis attacked the USA on 911, it was only natural to invade a totally unrelated country!

Your government will not tell you this, but even though they act like they are freaking out about missiles from little North Korea, what could really devastate the USA would be a successful CYBER ATTACK on the USA financial system and its computers that handle thousands of transactions a minute!

This can come down at any time. It is also the theme of Die Hard 4. See the movie trailer below.

Read More: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-E3bCim0hg

• Insomniac60 2013/08/02 18:13:58 (edited)
    Insomniac60
    We were on holiday in Samoa on 9/11. We were packing our bags to leave that day. I had the TV on and we were watching BBC as we packed. The BBC reporter was describing the first tower incident and the camera man was focused on the buildings in the background - so we saw the second tower hit - live - so to speak. We were so shocked we gave up on the packing and were glued to the TV set. The cleaner came in, and the 2 of us girls had a big cry over it.

That brings us to the digital money problem. The cleaning lady was doing the rounds to let people who were due to check out know that all flights had been cancelled. We are like most people - and rarely have much cash on us - and just use bank cards. We quickly realized that we might have big problems if we were stuck in Samoa without money. We went to the bank machine which fortunately was working. So, while we were OK - as you point out - it would have been quite a different story if the bank machines weren't working.

The government is using the risk of this type of scenario on various levels as an excuse for global spying. That is the same mind-set that resulted in the cold war and the build-up of atomic weapons. Countries built up their arsenals to show other countries they were big boys too - effectively, a "Don't dare mess wit...

The government is using the risk of this type of scenario on various levels as an excuse for global spying. That is the same mind-set that resulted in the cold war and the build-up of atomic weapons. Countries built up their arsenals to show other countries they were big boys too - effectively, a "Don't dare mess with us attitude". I think that global spying by the US and other countries consequently increases the risk of cyber-terrorism, much the same as the former build up of atomic weapons had inncreased the risk of nuclear war.

The US government complains about other countries spying and the potential risk this presents to the digital infrastructure. This is truly the pot calling the kettle black.

The problem is that at the end of the cold war, countries reduced their arsenals (well, so we were told). But technology does not typically regress. Furthermore the mind-set that is into spying is generally Machiavellian - where the end goal justifies any means. Not
    everyone with digital skills is into using them for the common good.

As you say, digital money can disappear into the ether at the flick of a finger.
    BUT - the flick of other fingers can bring it back. bank machine out of order
  • \V/ Insomni... 2013/08/02 21:26:26
  • Masaca 2013/07/08 16:17:02
    Masaca
    I don't know. i've bever heard of digital money.
  • \V/ Masaca 2013/07/08 17:22:10
  • Masaca \V/ 2013/07/08 17:32:10 (edited)
    Masaca
    Oh, OK, I see. Thanks

Yep, I do see plastic and Pay Pal kind if commerce being the wave of the future (next decade or so) From what I can tell it has already absorbed most state level social benefit allotments and payments (umenployment, disability, welfare, and food stamps,) on which B of A appears to have monoploized on. And some employers have shifted totally tp direct deposit (via a private payment contractor,) completey.doing away with all paper checks
  • \V/ Masaca 2013/08/02 21:26:57
  • Chokmah 2013/07/08 02:20:59
    Only 97% of the money supply is digital
    Chokmah
    The rest is paper and cheap metal alloys.
  • S and S 2013/06/17 17:16:01
  • \V/ S and S 2013/06/17 18:51:59
  • S and S \V/ 2013/06/17 21:45:42
  • Joe Shwingding BN-ZERO 2013/05/22 16:52:23
    Its a system of control
    Joe Shwingding BN-ZERO
    +3
    "Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes her laws"
    Mayer Amschel Rothschild

electrons are free ... therefore banking has zero overhead
  • \V/ Joe Shw... 2013/05/22 17:17:18
  • Little Angel 2013/05/21 20:06:08
    Little Angel
    +2
    monetary system of U S
    monetary system of U S
    The only solution is Gold or Silver but better than that: Barter for services
    and merchandise.
  • \V/ Little ... 2013/05/21 20:26:33
  • Blueskies 2013/05/12 00:08:10
    Blueskies
    Modern money is in the form of credit.
    Banks "Borrow" the money from the Central Bank, and print it, or just make a ledger entry.

In 1973 a coup in Chile overthrew President Allende, who refused to resign and committed suicide by army rifle
    In 1974 a similar coup in the USA overthrew President Nixon, who did resign and went into a sort of exile. Control of the country was effectively taken (Aug. 1974) by a cabal and nobody knew what to do, when ALL the media and leaders said just go along...even the President, overthrown by coup denied it.
    What do you do when everybody just keeps plodding along and will not listen because the
    proper authorities (the media) says all is well? (and it's owners have been recruited into the cabal?)
    This cabal OWNS the bureaucracy, and the media, the executive branch, the Federal Reserve. And it is not a USA cabal, its a international cabal of the ruling classes including Europe and China.
    IMO.
    So go ahead, we are both slaves to the same masters.
    You should ally with the Tea Party, as should the French who are ALSO in the grips of this cabal forcing hated changes.
  • charles nelson 2013/05/07 19:53:19
    charles nelson
    I guess the problem with havin a government...... maybe the state can back to the job.
  • RJeffreySavlov 2013/05/06 15:38:05
    RJeffreySavlov
    +1
    Less than 10 % is digital but just because they print it does not give it value. Time to get rid of the fed and go back to currency backed by gold and silver reserves. That is when the value of the dollar meant something.
  • \V/ RJeffre... 2013/08/02 21:27:38
  • wendy420 2013/05/06 06:05:49
    wendy420
    +1
    It is Staggering that 97% of our "money" is digital. Where did all the money that was printed go? Tyranny!, is what would happen if it got hacked and taken to where ever. "they" will invoke marshal law where ever they Could.
  • QUIS EVADET 2013/05/05 08:03:26
    QUIS EVADET
    +1
    All money in the US is imaginary.
  • \V/ QUIS EV... 2013/08/02 21:28:17
  • vdehl 2013/05/04 00:53:11
    vdehl
    +2
    I wish I had some money in any form. One thing though, is not so difficult to cause havoc digitally speaking. I was remembering my own tragedy when I lived in Charlotte, NC.... I was unemployed and realized things wouldn't get much better. The city was going to be poorer, now that their candidate lost the Senate election. Raleigh and other cities would get the $$$. I hired moving men over the phone for Saturday. I went to the ATM of the Bank of America, where I had my account, down the block, early in the morning before they arrived. ATM had a sign to the effect that all the ATM's in the City of Charlotte were down, and would be all weekend. The moving men came and I payed them after we stopped at an ATM of the Bank of Nova Scotia where I withdrew the $200. I wonder how much money the bank lost as a result of this cyber attack. After I finished moving, I went to the Marriott Cigar Bar for a drink. The expert that had been working on the problem came in the bar. He said that he could fix it, but found no trace of who did it. Bank of America Building  Charlotte  NC
  • wendy420 vdehl 2013/05/04 07:54:32
    wendy420
    Wow!!
  • Blueskies vdehl 2013/05/12 00:13:21
    Blueskies
    Sounds like a spam attack
  • holly go lightly 2013/05/03 19:27:46
    holly go lightly
    +2
    Noncompliance is the only way .If we would just quit doing what we've all been indoctrinated to do,there is no way the system could continue.So in the end that makes us all responsible for the way things are. play credit card shopping
  • \V/ holly g... 2013/05/03 19:55:09
  • Bastion 2013/05/03 18:07:33 (edited)
    Only 97% of the money supply is digital
    Bastion
  • \V/ Bastion 2013/05/03 19:55:23
  • sean Bastion 2013/05/06 17:07:52
    sean
    +2
    its in the city of london, in the heart of london all owned by the rothschilds city of london in the heart of london
  • Bastion sean 2013/05/06 17:10:09
    Bastion
    It's in the air.
  • \V/ Bastion 2013/05/06 17:16:53
  • \V/ sean 2013/05/06 17:11:29 (edited)
  • Blueskies sean 2013/05/12 00:14:39
    Blueskies
    +1
    So is the Bank of America, majority owned by Rothschild.
  • \V/ Blueskies 2013/08/02 21:28:51
  • Erica Bastion 2013/07/08 01:09:26
    Erica
    +1
    Right? Lol, I have asked this question before..
  • Insomni... Bastion 2013/08/02 18:23:46
    Insomniac60
    That question is spot on. Follow the money, honey and see whose pulling government strings all over the world.
    http://www.truthliesdeception... Button button
  • Horace 2013/05/03 17:46:31
    Only 97% of the money supply is digital
    Horace
    +3
    I believe it, after all even the rest of the money is just brightly coloured pieces of paper we have collectively decided was worth something. Its absurd but it the economy we've chosen for ourselves.
  • MediaMike Horace 2013/05/11 15:50:32
    MediaMike
    I disagree. The money system We The People chose for ourselves was a non-interest accruing Congressionally controlled system. What we got instead (due to the non-ratified Federal Reserve Act and non-ratified 16th Amendment) is a private for-profit banking system in reality known as a cartel.

The Founding Fathers would be calling for a 2nd revolution. I have a peaceful solution though.
    THE FIVE STEPS TO FREEDOM
    1. If you get automatic deposit, change it to a paycheck.
    2. CASH THE PAYCHECK, do NOT deposit it
    3. MINIMIZE all banking deposits
    4. Stop buying on demand (just because Hallmark says you have to buy, you really don't)
    5. Barter, trade, even exchange cash when purchasing, just DON'T DEPOSIT IT.

The seemingly endless slavery created by the banks is due to the fractional reserve banking they do. If you deposit $100, then immediately pull it back out, the bank has already put a new $90 of loanable "money" on their books. That happens over and over until they eventually have 9 times the original deposit as "money" they've loaned out (plus interest) but it was never real assets, just made up numbers on a computer.

That's why THEY have high-rise buildings, and you can't afford a house.
  • \V/ MediaMike 2013/05/11 15:56:38
  • Erica \V/ 2013/07/08 02:03:14
    Erica
    lol

2014/10/20 11:26:58