“Put your sword back,” Jesus said, “for all who draw the sword will die by the sword."

Kyra 2012/05/17 08:53:29
Related Topics: Jesus, Matthew

Jesus said in Matthew 26:52

• David (oYo) 2012/08/04 09:31:50
  • freakoutnow... cuz mom's here 2012/08/03 23:45:26
    freakoutnow... cuz mom's here
    Also conversely he who lives by government mandated peace which removes the sword of its people by doesn't have his own sword remove will either fall on its sword or slay the people who have no swords to protect them from the tyranny of themselves will be slayed by the government sword of corruption. How you live is how die most of them time. Nothing wrong with wielding a sword but when you are only a warrior and not a lover and a monk (philosopher) then you will die as a warrior dies which is in battle because the warrior seeks war and not love or compromise. The lover dies when the home is threatened by an external threat wanting to invade and kill those who he loves but the lover may be threatened in his own home when the government slowly strips away his freedoms but he doesn't act till his home and family are attacked at home. The monk (philosopher) fights to protect others only when the opposition proves to be unreasonable (like the Nazis in WWII).
  • Kyra freakou... 2012/08/04 09:10:32
    Kyra
    That is why the monks were burning themselves in protest?
    +1
    Yep and I almost did!
  • JMCC 2012/08/03 10:40:39
  • beach bum 2012/05/28 02:56:06
    beach bum
    or fall on their sword
  • TasselLady 2012/05/25 21:05:29
    TasselLady
    Yes. That's what he says.
  • Duke----The Non Racist, Fun... 2012/05/17 22:59:34
    Duke----The Non Racist, Funny Duke !
    +1
    Yes, that's right
  • aherbert 2012/05/17 22:57:46
  • Centrist_Bill 2012/05/17 18:59:32
    Centrist_Bill
    In poetic fashion!!
  • Kyra Centris... 2012/05/17 22:27:21
    Kyra
    +1
    Jesus being Arrested is poetic??

While he was still speaking, Judas, one of the Twelve, arrived. With him was a large crowd armed with swords and clubs, sent from the chief priests and the elders of the people. Now the betrayer had arranged a signal with them: “The one I kiss is the man; arrest him.” Going at once to Jesus, Judas said, “Greetings, Rabbi!” and kissed him.

Jesus replied, “Do what you came for, friend.”
    Then the men stepped forward, seized Jesus and arrested him. With that, one of Jesus’ companions reached for his sword, drew it out and struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his ear.

“Put your sword back in its place,” Jesus said to him, “for all who draw the sword will die by the sword. Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels? 54 But how then would the Scriptures be fulfilled that say it must happen in this way?”

In that hour Jesus said to the crowd, “Am I leading a rebellion, that you have come out with swords and clubs to capture me? Every day I sat in the temple courts teaching, and you did not arrest me. But this has all taken place that the writings of the prophets might be fulfilled.” Then all the disciples deserted him and fled.
    Matthew 26:47-56
  • Centris... Kyra 2012/05/18 03:11:06
    Centrist_Bill
    +1
    I blew it. I had just started waking up and the coffee didnt kick in yet!!
  • kcandi 2012/05/17 18:52:14
    kcandi
    +1
    Violence begets violence.
  • Catnip "Guru" ∞ 2012/05/17 18:36:17
    Catnip "Guru" ∞
    +1
    Makes sense to live in peace. But it's a peace on my own terms.
  • tredzwater 2012/05/17 16:16:55
    tredzwater
    "I come not to bring peace, but to bring a sword" (Gospel of Matthew 10:34)
  • Kyra tredzwater 2012/05/17 22:29:32 (edited)
    Kyra
    +1
    That was saying make your families spiritually strong because they will be divided.
    It says NOTHING about using swords on each other....LOL

Matthew 10:34 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn
    “‘a man against his father,
    a daughter against her mother,
    a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law —
    36 a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’
    37 “Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39 Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.
  • tredzwater Kyra 2012/05/17 23:26:37
    tredzwater
    Right. He preached hatred of family. That is clear.
  • Kyra tredzwater 2012/05/18 02:31:19
    Kyra
    +1
    He said get them ready or they wont make it in the end. You know how Jesus wins the war in the end with satan? ....with the Word of god.... not violence.
  • tredzwater Kyra 2012/05/18 03:28:18
    tredzwater
    That's not what he said. That's what YOU say. What he SAID was to hate your family. I can read.

As far as your god in the Bible is concerned, here is an account of your little copycat demi-god according to your own scriptures. (I can do this for dear old dad, as well.)

Jesus acto the Bible:

* He was a bastard. (His mother was unmarried and pregnant and didn't end up married to her impregnator.)

* His family thought he was crazy. (You'd think that Mary would have said something like, "Now, children. Little Jesus is a bit...different...because he was sired by Yahweh. So, ignore anything weird he might do.")

* He was stupid. (He didn't know what time of year fig trees were supposed to bear fruit...something the lowliest peasant child of that time and place would know.)

* He had anger-management problems (He blasted the above fig tree because it didn't fruit out of season for him.)

* He was rude. (He called a woman a dog and twice told his mother to, basically, STFU.)

* He was anti-family. (He told people they must hate their mothers and fathers, sisters and brothers.)

*He was anti-God. (He despaired at the moment of his death. "My God, my God, why has thou forsaken me?" You'd think that if he was some sort of a god he'd KNOW, wouldn't you?)

* He couldn't possibly be the prophesied ...

Jesus acto the Bible:

* He couldn't possibly be the prophesied Messiah. (Not only was he not the foretold MILITARY leader, he wasn't of the lineage of David. That, alone, makes him a fake. Mary wasn't of David's line...Joseph was. But, Jesus wasn't related to Joseph, was he? Joseph was his step-dad so there is no possibly genetic linkage.)

The many godlings of pagan mythos, conceived in the exact same god/human sex act, were heroes. They DID stuff. Hercules strangled deadly serpents while in his cradle. Perseus killed the Medusa. Orpheus tamed wild beasts with his music.

Jesus couldn't even reach pagan standards for "sons of God". He did nothing except wander around for 3 years, build a following of illiterate, unwashed fishermen and get offed by the Romans as a minor political insurrectionist. Hardly the stuff of legend. Had Constantine not been enamoured of the idea of a supreme god in heaven (which suited his idea of a supreme ruler on earth...namely him) Christianity would have remained just another unregarded sect of slaves and malcontents.
  • Cookielane 2012/05/17 15:54:37
    Cookielane
    Nice one. I wish more people would remember that.
  • U Mad Bro? 2012/05/17 15:25:45 (edited)
    U Mad Bro?

Sorry, these constant bible posts trick me into playing the word association game.
  • Shaun Johansen 2012/05/17 14:59:15
    Shaun Johansen
    Were you there when he said it?
  • Kyra Shaun J... 2012/05/17 22:30:27
    Kyra
    Yea, He just spoke it to me.
    Should TAKE HIS OWN advice....
  • stevegtexas@aol.com 2012/05/17 14:28:35 (edited)
  • Kyra stevegt... 2012/05/20 01:46:49
    Kyra
    I wonder why he told them to buy swords just so in the end of the story He could say “Put your sword back,” Jesus said, “for all who draw the sword will die by the sword."
    I think that was the main lesson. Otherwise why did He tell them to buy them if they are not going to use them?
  • stevegt... Kyra 2012/05/20 18:55:44 (edited)
  • Joe61 2012/05/17 09:15:53 (edited)
    Joe61
    I believe what he meant was based on the law of averages....In biblical times being illiterate was the norm as schooling was very selective and unless you could afford to educate yourself then you remained illiterate.

Allegorical(stories that contained a moral message) and, the main source of entertainment was story tellers would travelled around the country entertaining the masses with story telling. Many of these story tellers where religious soothsayers who educating the masses about God. This particular story would have been conveying the messge, that it does not matter how good you think you are. There is always one who is better and the more you persist in doing something wrong. Then the sooner you will come up against a better advisory or get caught out.
  • Kyra Joe61 2012/05/17 09:33:54 (edited)
    Kyra
    +5
    Jesus Arrested

Matthew 26:47-56
  • stevegt... Kyra 2012/05/20 18:57:32
  • Kyra stevegt... 2012/05/22 05:48:10
    Kyra
    It was the plan.
  • Bill 2012/05/17 08:56:32
    Bill
    +2
    so true~

2014/10/24 15:28:28