Public Opinion Says Excessive Cell Phone Use Is a Dating Disaster [INFOGRAPHIC]

SodaHead Infographics 2012/05/07 15:00:00
When we asked the public what kinds of things turn them on or off on a first date, we got a lot of different responses. But the one thing everyone can take away from this little survey is this: Keep the cell phone at bay! It's one thing to pick up if your mom calls, but if you're texting your best friend for advice through the whole thing, don't be too surprised when that second date never comes. However, there are a couple of broad demographics that are (slightly) more receptive to it, and on the bright side, we've got the key to a good date, as well. Let's dive!

good date bad date infographic

• MissGates 2012/05/09 19:16:12
    MissGates
    +5
    I don't care if he has his cellphone on the table so he can see who's calling when the cellphone lights up, but don't use it unless it's an emergency!!!!!!! I HATE when my boyfriend spends the whole meal texting in my face.. Why don't you go on a date with your cellphone if you love it so much? -.-"

• Gregaj7 addie 2012/05/09 00:02:22
    That would strongly indicate to me that you're addicted to it. I don't have one, and may never get one.
  • addie Gregaj7 2012/05/09 01:04:36
    addie
    +1
    I am not proud of it, but It is a common feeling.
    If you never get a cell, you will never feel the need for one, but once you get one it will suddenly seem essential and you, truly, wont know how you lived without one.
    That is very common.
  • Elaine ... addie 2012/05/09 01:41:11
    Elaine Magliacane
    +2
    Or you could HATE it like I do mine, and it sits with a dead battery in my purse until I need it, I have to carry my charger so I can plug it in if I must make a call... I see people a lot these days, with the stupid phone in their HAND, they can't even walk around with it in their pocket... get help put the stupid thing down.
  • Gregaj7 addie 2012/05/09 04:44:06
    I had one for two months (2003). While I saw the handiness of it, I also saw the addictiveness as well. I willingly gave it up.
  • addie Gregaj7 2012/05/09 07:22:23
  • ☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!!
    Yes defintely turn the phone off if you are on a date!!
  • Omni 2012/05/07 17:12:30
    Omni
    +1
    Woah :O
    This infograph is beautiful. I especially like how you guys put the ages and percentages in the cell phone itself :D

2014/11/27 08:20:40