PUBLIC OPINION > Posing Nude While Pregnant Is Played Out

You don't have to be a Victoria's Secret model (we're looking at you, Alessandra Ambrosio) for an excuse to take nude photos when you're pregnant. You might see a nude-preggo pic hanging on a friend's wall, or better yet, on Awkward Family Photos. Moms-to-be want to remember what their bodies looked like during the most transformative time in their lives, so it's become acceptable and commonplace. But recently, it's become so commonplace it's almost cliche. We asked the public if it's still sexy.

Sorry moms, but the naked-and-pregnant look just isn't in anymore. Not that these kinds of pictures are necessarily supposed to be "sexy" -- but "beautiful," certainly. Maybe Ambrosio looks sexy pregnant, but she is a Victoria's Secret model, after all. One commenter wrote, "Sick of it! Moms to be need a new hobby." Like, waking up in the middle of the night to figure out why their kid is crying. That sounds like a fun little hobby. But others disagree. Another commenter noted, "As much as people might not like to hear it, portraying fertility in art is a really important part of our history as humans."

Men Are More Turned On

We actually expected women to be the ones to find it sexy. It is mostly women who are doing it, after all. And, Alan Harper aside, we didn't think the visual embodiment of ultimate commitment would be that appealing to men. Maybe we're wrong. Maybe those extra curves really are appealing. Or maybe most of the guys were responding specifically to the Ambrosio photo.

Parents Are Put Off

Another shocker: Parents don't like it! People who wanted to have kids someday were far more likely to find it sexy, which is less surprising, but this is especially interesting paired with the gender breakdown, because this means it might not be fathers who are into pregnant women, which would have made more sense. It must be that obscure object of desire.

Bisexuals Think It's Sexy

Bisexual voters don't often stand out this much, but they were by far the most likely to call nude pregnant pictures "sexy." They were nearly twice as likely as straight voters. It could be that they're simply more open-minded about sex in general. Obviously they are in terms of gender, so why not in this case, too?

If you'd like to vote on this question, dig deeper into the demographics, or engage in existing discussion about the topic, visit our poll about nude pregnant pictures. We'd love to hear from you!

• ☠ Live Free Or Die ☠ 2012/04/28 15:46:41
    ☠ Live Free Or Die ☠
    +10
    I don't think it's "sexy" but I do think some of the nude pregnant pics (especially that one) are beautiful. Pregnant women seem to just... glow. The same way the father does when the baby is actually born. :) Also, nudity isn't always bad. These photos express the raw, natural beauty of pregnancy, and parenthood.
    Pregnant woman

• Alexander T Steward 2012/08/17 07:26:53
  • AndyBoy 2012/08/02 17:51:38
    AndyBoy
    Preggo pics are always hot
  • Kat 2012/06/29 03:25:23
    Kat
    I have already talked about this with my fiance, for when we plan to have a baby. My intentions would not be to appear sexy. Its beautiful & its something to be remembered. (:
  • stephen 2012/05/30 03:44:19
    stephen
    pregnantcy is a result of sexual actions...so just like lets say a climax is sexy, i think pregnancy can be too
  • dog 2012/05/08 21:08:49
    dog
  • jmc07806-PWCM-JLA 2012/04/30 15:54:41
    jmc07806-PWCM-JLA
    There is nothing more beautiful then a pregnant woman, bringing a new life into the world is just an amazing feat and I am always in awe when I think about it, However, enough is enough with the nude shots unless they are for your own scrap book.
  • Brian Tristan MacQuillan 2012/04/30 08:04:59
    Brian Tristan MacQuillan
    I do not think the point of it is to be sexy.
    And I do not think pictures of pregnant women are played out.
    If a women wants a picture like that, I say more power to her.
  • EmoMcParland 2012/04/30 07:05:10
    EmoMcParland
    Yep
  • EDWARD G 2012/04/29 23:13:14
    EDWARD G
    I hope it's played out.
  • Andreia Silva 2012/04/29 22:22:52
    Andreia Silva
    +1
    uma mulher gravida é o máximo nua ou não é sempre linda divina
  • xpancakesx Andreia... 2012/04/30 00:47:28
    xpancakesx
    Acho que a maioria de nós aqui falam Inglês e pode não ser capaz de compreendê-lo.
  • ttfndude 2012/04/29 21:39:30
    ttfndude
    I don't think enough people see it as a beautiful thing
  • trigger2fish 2012/04/29 21:31:44
    trigger2fish
    Beautiful,not sexy
  • Meh 2012/04/29 21:12:14
    Meh
    I think they're sexy to a certain belly size
  • ♥ Jess Or Jessie ♥ 2012/04/29 17:27:17
    ♥ Jess Or Jessie ♥
    Its Beautiful Seeing Birth Right Before Our Very Eyes Wonderful And I Hope It Never Gets Old.!
  • Wonder Woman 2012/04/29 16:01:09
  • Pl Wonder ... 2012/04/29 23:21:11
    Pl
    Don't agree with this "...the reason we have sex is to create a baby...". No, this is what a religion will have you believe. There are many other benefits to having sex than just to have a baby, reduces depression, increases life expectancy, youthful skin...just to name a few. Religious oppression has people believing that sex is bad and only used for procreation creating a submissive person (feeling he/ she has done wrong for having these natural feelings) and now try to redeem him/ herself in the rejection of sex.
    Do the research...
  • Wonder ... Pl 2012/04/30 05:11:34 (edited)
  • Pl Wonder ... 2012/04/30 14:03:37 (edited)
    Pl
    No, the toddler between my legs had nothing to say. It was a conflict between left and right brain. Left being impulsive and right being intellectual. So since women think with the left side of their brain here are some points to back me up. Labeled under Health review for WOMEN....

1. Sex Making Women More Beautiful
    During sex, women will produce the estrogen hormone in significant amounts. These hormones can make women's skin becomes smoother and makes the hair becomes shiny. Beside that, sexual relationships can increase the amount of pheromone in the body that can make a woman look more beautiful and attractive.
    2. Sex Can Lose Weight (Women always complain about this...)
    Sex can burn calories, especially if sex is doing by a variety of styles and position. Having sex is a good way to lose weight
    3. Sex and Skin Health
    Sweat that released during sex can cleanse the pores and make skin glow. Beside that, having sex in a gentle and slow can reduce the risk of dermatitis, reducing rashes, and reduce stains on the skin.
    4. Sex is a Sport
    Having sex is the safest type of sport (of course with the proper use of contraceptives). Having sex can tighten almost every muscle in your body. Sex is also one of the most exciting sports.
    5. Sex is Depression Medication
    According to...

1. Sex Making Women More Beautiful
    3. Sex and Skin Health
    4. Sex is a Sport
    5. Sex is Depression Medication
    According to studies, sex is one of the most effective way to treat a deep and prolonged depression. During sex, you will feel happy and forget all the problems you have.
    6. Sex Can Make You Relax
    You can get peace by having sex. Many people argue that sex has a 10x greater efficacy than Valium.
    7. Sex Can Cure Headaches (Here's your answer to that "No, I have a headache."
    Sex can cure headaches. Sexual intercourse can weaken the tension that restrict blood vessels in the brain.
    8. Sex Boosts Immunity
    Good sexual health may mean better physical health. Having sex once or twice a week has been linked with higher levels of an antibody called immunoglobulin A or IgA, which can protect you from getting colds and other infections. Scientists at Wilkes University in Wilkes-Barre, Pa., took samples of saliva, which contain IgA, from 112 college students who reported the frequency of sex they had.

Those in the "frequent" group -- once or twice a week -- had higher levels of IgA than those in the other three groups -- who reported being abstinent, having sex less than once a week, or having it very often, three or more times weekly.
    9.Sex can improve your sleep. Both women and men have noticed the urge to relax and close their eyes after an orgasm. We feel so relaxed in this state that we can easily doze off — even if we otherwise suffer from insomnia. This may also have something to do with oxytocin and the release of endorphins at orgasm, both of which can act like natural sedatives.
    10. Sex can enhance your sense of spirituality. Many ancient traditions view sexuality as something sacred and spiritual, as opposed to “sinful.” Sexual energy, they say, is unlike any other, and when we merge with this power during orgasm, some believe that we are connecting to the deepest parts of ourselves, our non-physical aspects. Not only do we gain a deeper sense of ourselves, but we can experience an energy that feeds other areas of our lives. Many who think of sex as a spiritual practice tell us they have a stronger sense of self and of their relationships.

I think everything I just mentioned is the same things women complain that can be cure by having sex.
  • Wonder ... Pl 2012/04/30 15:04:22
  • Pl Wonder ... 2012/04/30 18:12:12
    Pl
    Again. I only pointed out your comment "...the reason we have sex is to create a baby..." in your rambling, you finally agreed with me. Thank you.

Hard to believe you don't think men are just as worried about STD's I have a friend that got throat cancer (and survived) from having oral sex. He has been asked to be part of a study.
    The number of women is more like 70-80% that do not achieve an orgasm. I know sad isn't it. And YES, I do know how to bring a woman to orgasm (a real orgasm). To say she has no erection is incorrect (American Medical Journal). The clitoris is made of the same erectile tissue of a man and has been commented to be the little penis.
    You also seemed to have grouped me with these men that think porn is real sex. Well, I know better. Why do you think it is called the "entertainment industry"
    Now, if we can only get the 80% of women under the age of 50 to think the same way. but, I guess they are to busy trying to get a man to support them. Sad.
    Sorry lady, I can't help it if women are that stupid not to understand their own bodies and yet you want to put this on the guy, for shame.

Over all. Thnx for finally agreeing with me. It took the 100,000 words more a day women use more than men in order for you to finally say that.
  • Wonder ... Pl 2012/04/30 19:03:25
  • alonnastorm 2012/04/29 14:41:38 (edited)
    alonnastorm
    It was played out when Demi did it I think being Pregnant is a private joy
  • johnpaul 2012/04/29 12:31:53
    johnpaul
    +1
    I think the naked (nude) human body, (including while pregnant) is beautiful, and natural. Likes and dislikes are learned. But to dislike what is natural is perversion. Akin to racism.
  • David (oYo) 2012/04/29 10:36:07
  • Playerazzi 2012/04/29 08:17:59
    Playerazzi
    If a woman is pretty, her posing nude is NEVER out, folks!!
  • blackrings70 2012/04/29 06:57:45
    blackrings70
    I'll send them an old pic of my pregnant ass.......OMG............the trend would be over.
  • johnpaul blackri... 2012/04/29 23:42:02
    johnpaul
    +1
    your dislike for your body is learned, and is not natural. your clothes hide much of your beauty.
  • blackri... johnpaul 2012/04/29 23:45:32
    blackrings70
    +1
    Hmm, I like, very poignant.
    why do i care about this?
  • L1 2012/04/29 04:17:21
    L1
    +1
    Not really sexy. It's just a pregnant woman's body. It's natural, but sexy is in the eye of the beholder. What really matters is how the women posing feel about it.
  • kobidobidog 2012/04/29 04:08:20
    kobidobidog
    +1
    Nothing wrong with nude. Nothing wrong with sexy. All of us have our opinions of what is, and what is not. let humans see whatever nude, and make up their own minds.
  • mas 2012/04/29 03:44:15
    mas
    +2
    beautiful
  • Rubyking 2012/04/29 02:38:17
    Rubyking
    it's disgusting
  • kobidob... Rubyking 2012/04/29 04:10:33
    kobidobidog
    That's your opinion. Let others have theirs not being controlled by your opinion.
  • Rubyking kobidob... 2012/04/30 01:20:23
    Rubyking
    that's your opinion
  • kobidob... Rubyking 2012/05/01 04:20:40 (edited)
    kobidobidog
    Do you want humans controlling you with their opinion making laws against you? It just so happens that you came from a belly looking like that. To say it is disgusting is calling yourself disgusting at the same time. I bet you did not think of that.
  • Rubyking kobidob... 2012/05/01 22:02:50
    Rubyking
    You are incorrect. I bet you're weird enough to be attracted to that, nasty zoophiliac. Stop raping little kittens, haters gunna hate, brah.
  • kobidob... Rubyking 2012/05/03 21:45:21 (edited)
    kobidobidog
    Little kittens,.. YEA right. You know that does not happen. Judge yourself The devil in men accuses. How do I say this; your mind own bees wax. Problem is you don't know how.
  • Rubyking kobidob... 2012/05/04 00:24:24
    Rubyking
    you have aids

2014/08/29 20:31:59