Public Opinion Denies America's Coolness [INFOGRAPHIC]

SodaHead Infographics 2011/09/08 23:00:00
It's a sad day for classic American cool.

Earlier this week we asked SodaHeads if they agreed with a study claiming Americans are widely considered the "coolest" people in the world, and the answer is a resounding no.

"Cool" can mean a lot of things, and each voter's definition was probably a little bit different. We don't feel it's necessary to define the word because, after all, this site is about your opinions. But it's important to keep in mind just how subjective the word is.

With that said, SodaHeads definitely made their voices heard, and while the majority held America's cool factor in serious doubt, we discovered who is reveling in the country's nuanced panache.

Let's dive.

americas cool factor doubt discovered reveling countrys nuanced panache dive

• kotabear 2011/09/09 23:53:22
    kotabear
    There's just a lot about us "Americans" and our ideals that pisses me off. We're not cool, we're douche bags.
  • shenendoah kotabear 2011/09/11 11:46:23
    shenendoah
    +1
    I see you're speaking for youself.
  • whipnet kotabear 2011/09/23 15:57:55
    whipnet
    Please give me an example country that doesn't "piss you off"
    Thanks

*
  • kotabear whipnet 2011/09/24 03:59:03
    kotabear
    One that doesn't see themselves as an almighty power that is possibly better than everyone else. One that doesn't look at the equation one-sided. I mean, it's good to be proud, but there are just some with ego. Then there are the many Americans who take morals/religion too far into decisions for their country. Just.. those types of ideals stink. So a country that does not have them. But no country is perfect, so don't get me wrong.
  • whipnet kotabear 2011/09/24 04:02:42
    whipnet
    OK, cool. Let me know when you find that place. ;)

*
  • RYCB 2011/09/09 23:51:40
  • Cheryl 2011/09/09 22:11:14
    Cheryl
    All I can say is the whole thing makes me want to vomit..............it still continues to amaze me how "American's" and I use the term loosely want to slam every country when they aren't #1 all the time. Its really rather pathetic at best. Get over yourselves...........all of them!!
  • whipnet Cheryl 2011/09/23 15:59:26
    whipnet
    P.S. - Relax, this was not a scientific poll. Not even close.

*
  • malou 2011/09/09 22:01:17
    malou
    It defends upon ... If What people gonna do or doing to their lives.....
  • shenendoah 2011/09/09 19:26:18 (edited)
    shenendoah
    +3
    If liberals consider themselves 'cool' they have no idea what cool means. To them the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence even if they're standing knee deep in clover. You know what's cool, liberals? Cool are those people that stand up for our country, that show respect for our military and our flag, that believe in honor and loyalty. Cool is not standing in line waiting for the next gov't handout, nor trashing our great land in an effort to impress others that hate us out of jealousy. If American hating liberals would just move to their favorite country, now,THAT would be cool.
  • rony.za... shenendoah 2011/09/11 04:30:16
    rony.zaslavsky
    +1
    What does your comment have to do with this conversation
  • LADYKATYA shenendoah 2011/09/24 18:24:01
    LADYKATYA
    +1
    this is the type of conversation that make you un-cool you think everything is about politics.
  • shenendoah LADYKATYA 2011/09/26 18:25:54
    shenendoah
    'cool' has nothing to do with how you wear your hair or how low you wear your drawers. 'Cool' is an attitude, 'cool' is class, an aloofness, 'cool' is knowing you're 'cool' without having to prove it. Liberals are not 'cool' by any stretch of the imagination.
  • Bett17 shenendoah 2011/09/27 16:17:15 (edited)
    Bett17
    This had little to do with the question and more of a sad and desperate attempt to bitch and moan about liberals. Then again many conservatives do this all the time on sodahead, forgot about that.
  • shenendoah Bett17 2011/09/27 17:25:22
    shenendoah
    Well, I don't see where your comment had anything to do with the question either. Hearing a liberal discuss 'cool' is another example of liberals talking about things they know nothing about.
  • Bett17 shenendoah 2011/09/27 18:20:32
    Bett17
    Not really going to over look this, but perhaps being a reply of your own comment MAY have something to do with it? Just a small observation, y'know. Unless referring to my other awnser....then just.... wow. Really?

And you think repetedly whinging over liberals is cool? Haha, so very daft.
  • shenendoah Bett17 2011/09/30 18:35:25
    shenendoah
    Your comment is hard to read and even harder to understand. You just don't get it, do you? No matter, I'm done.
  • Bulanova (Team Hargitay) 2011/09/09 17:12:58
    Bulanova (Team Hargitay)
    +2
    Why does it have to be on one extreme or the other? Why do we have to be either "uncool" or "the coolest in the world"? Rhetorical question, I know why. Extremism gets the ratings. Still, though. Sigh.
  • Beanybudd 2011/09/09 17:08:12
    Beanybudd
    +1
    Who cares. But Aussie's are pretty chill folks. I would say they are the coolians cuz they're just so laid-back and not so religion, politically, or shiny things obsessed. Just want a good time.

Norwegians, or at least the scandinavia area, have very chill and lovely people.
  • nolibsperiod 2011/09/09 16:52:01
    nolibsperiod
    +1
    Tells us what to expect from people who took this survey. Norway number one? Yep sure are a bunch of downright crime fighters they are. All you can kill for twenty one years of your life in a designer resort. Now the Aussies? Looked up by every mans man in the world. Joined the rest of the world in broom using to chase off the bad guys. New Zealand? Is that a country. Seriously folks they badmouth us but break their arces trying to get into this country.
  • Zamboni... nolibsp... 2011/09/10 03:16:56
  • pjwinkler65 2011/09/09 15:35:31
    pjwinkler65
    +1
    American's are so rude. I know there are area's of the country where people are considered overly polite and sociable but those are deemed as such only by our own standards.
    I vote for Great Britain, they at least make rules and stick to them. They protect their citizens from internal corruption way better than we do and that alone seems like enough.
    The fact that they recently got their own version of Jersey Shore (Mentioned in the SH article) tells me that they usually come up with better idea's on their own and when they borrow from us, look what they get. Besides, their JS show, whatever it is, will undoubtedly feature more interesting characters than our version does.
    And as far as trendiness, we are not the leaders. I think a lot of American's would be surprised to see some stats on all the areas in which America is lacking.
    I can say we have some cool people here but that's as far as I can go.
  • nolibsp... pjwinkl... 2011/09/11 20:32:02
    nolibsperiod
    I hope we continue to be rude that way the rest of the world will know were not welcoming them here anymore. Should'nt have broken away from Europeans only in the first place. Yep GB makes some real good rules. Up to their butts in Muslims and losing as of this day and time. Hey most of the world can't even understand what were saying unless they push #2. Soon to stop.
  • Old Nellie Bones 2011/09/09 15:33:09
    Old Nellie Bones
    +4
    So if Americans not cool then why do people leave their own country to come here?
  • jason Old Nel... 2011/09/09 17:30:39
    jason
    +1
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!
  • Zamboni... Old Nel... 2011/09/10 03:12:56
    Zamboni - Madoka Magica fan BN0
    +2
    Better life conditions. It has nothing to do with the people. I generaly like Americans. But I surely don't like a self-centered mentality.
  • King of... Zamboni... 2011/09/10 06:22:16
    King of the woodland realm
    +1
    totally!!!!
  • Zamboni... King of... 2011/09/10 16:17:17
  • Funky Monk Old Nel... 2011/09/10 16:40:47
    Funky Monk
    I've never heard someone say, "Oh those Americans are so COOL! I want to move there to be as cool as them!"...
  • Old Nel... Funky Monk 2011/09/10 22:42:02
    Old Nellie Bones
    +1
    Hmmmm.So they don't come here to live the American dream?Which by the way is COOL.
  • Funky Monk Old Nel... 2011/09/11 04:21:24
    Funky Monk
    It's a wonderful thing, but "cool" doesn't really seem like a suitable way to describe it...
  • Old Nel... Funky Monk 2011/09/11 14:31:18
    Old Nellie Bones
    True,but we can use the best wording we can come up with.
  • pjwinkl... Old Nel... 2011/09/11 21:58:16
    pjwinkler65
    +2
    Don't be so naive. People come here to survive because their existence is awful wherever they are, not because we are cool.
    They come here to find freedom and equality and to escape situations that you can't even imagine, like Genocide.
    If that is how you compare cool, then yea I suppose anyone looks cool compared to some of the other options these people have.
  • Old Nel... pjwinkl... 2011/09/11 23:58:24
    Old Nellie Bones
    Hello that is what makes us so cool.Don't be so naive.
  • pjwinkl... Old Nel... 2011/09/12 01:00:49
    pjwinkler65
    you're an idiot
  • Old Nel... pjwinkl... 2011/09/12 03:46:16 (edited)
    Old Nellie Bones
    You can't even have an intelligent conversation.All You can do is resort to name calling and insults.Hmmmmmm and you call me an idiot.Wow.
  • pjwinkl... Old Nel... 2011/09/12 04:56:25
    pjwinkler65
    Yup.
  • Old Nel... pjwinkl... 2011/09/12 15:34:33
    Old Nellie Bones
    I feel sorry for You that is so pathetic.
  • pjwinkl... Old Nel... 2011/09/12 19:14:57
    pjwinkler65
    Are you still talking? No wonder you didn't learn anything in school. Let's just agree to disagree shall we? I assume that you are some ill educated small minded traditional Christian and will have to have the last word to appease some sense of satisfaction so after you respond to this, I won't say anything else back. There is really no point in wasting any time talking to one another.
    This is a debate forum, we disagreed. It's time to move on:-)
  • Old Nel... pjwinkl... 2011/09/12 20:16:56 (edited)
    Old Nellie Bones
    ASSume whatever You wish.Talk about Appeasing self satasfaction.Take a look in the mirror and maybe You will see your own ignorance.

2014/10/26 04:00:46