Proof that people are not born gay?

matt 2011/11/02 00:28:37
Having argued with many people regarding homosexuality as something your born with or learned behavior I was told about a study to do with lesbians and the inner ear. I was told this is proof they were born that way. I am willing to admit I am wrong if studies show the definitive proof of being gay as something your born with. If anyone has more studies that would change the finding I would be glad to read them. Here is the Paper that discuses all the different studies that either support or oppose being born gay. I would like to start an open topic. Please read the studies before you comment.

Please don't depend on the wiki document a user submitted after this, as it is misleading and can be changed by anyone.

Read More: http://www.cwfa.org/images/content/bornorbred.pdf

• Angela Chambers 2011/11/02 03:00:31
    born gay
    Angela Chambers
    +13
    I'm a lesbian, and I don't care about it either way. Natural or unnatural, I could care less. It's who I am, and who I will always be. Like it or not. I don't care.

• Curiousc1 2014/03/13 01:01:23
    not born gay
    Curiousc1
    +1
    nope not possible.. science is a load of crap..very flawed
  • Jon the Flamer 2013/08/14 21:09:35
    born gay
    Jon the Flamer
    +2
    There is no proof to prove that people are born homosexual; there is also no proof to prove that people are no born homosexual. This question is only going to get opinions from people, so you'll never get the answer you're looking for.

The only thing you can do(If you're curious) is make a poll asking homosexuals about being homosexual. You can ask when they first noticed they were "different", when they first felt attraction to a member of the same sex, what made some of them hide it, and many other questions.

You're just going to get biased answers here.
  • matt Jon the... 2013/08/16 06:05:10 (edited)
    matt
    We don't go by opinions. no proof means no proof. We don't need proof to know someone isn't born different. its obvious. They are the ones that need the proof. your logic fails. Its like saying you don't have proof their are or aren't any unicorns. The proof has to show that their are in fact unicorns. Well I never have seen any unicorns or any men that are born gay.
  • Jon the... matt 2013/08/16 13:53:14
    Jon the Flamer
    +1
    My logic? You're using unicorns as a basis to back up this comment. It's not even related to the subject at hand here. We know unicorns don't exist because they cannot exist logically. There isn't any proof that people choose to become attracted to whatever they're attracted to. If you can't understand that, then we aren't going to get anywhere.
  • matt Jon the... 2013/08/17 08:31:59
    matt
    the point is that it is made up. There is no such thing as a gay man. its just a man. tell me whats different other then his actions? Something I can see thank you.
  • Jon the... matt 2013/08/17 10:56:12
    Jon the Flamer
    If you want to go that route, that's fine. I thought you at were at least a reasonable fellow. You should probably not ask another question concerning non-heterosexual and non-cisgendered people. You won't ever understand.
  • matt Jon the... 2013/08/19 01:51:13
    matt
    stand a man and a woman up next to each other. What makes one different then the other? We already know you can have sex with either. What makes one more appealing then the other? I can love both. If men and woman are all the same except the sexual organs then tell me why can't someone be attracted to either? What if both had the same personality? Why wouldn't you pick the one you could have children with?
  • Jon the... matt 2013/08/19 07:34:48
    Jon the Flamer
    If you want my personal opinion, I'm not attracted to femininity as much as I am to masculinity. I find the strength of a man attractive. I also find the deeper voice attractive as well, and there is a huge difference between a hug from a woman and one from a man. I like the shape of a man's chest, and the way the muscles move in contrast to the way they move on women. There is also a difference in energy between men and women, a difference in intimacy as well.

That said, I don't live in "black and white" I could be with a woman. I just prefer men to women. I could be with either actually. In the scenario you created, I'd still prefer the man.
  • matt Jon the... 2013/08/20 07:50:25
    matt
    I am just going to have to leave this as many reasons that people turn gay. If you read through this topic you will find many viable reasons. Even if people aren't born gay I don't think any sane person would want to become so. I'm sure we have some insane people playing both sides of the field, but most people on here seem sincere, and sane.

I meant to paraphrase something that was said in "The Road Less Traveled" But I can't seem to find it online. Basically he said we are attracted to who or what we fantasize about. That it was 90% or so of what turns us on. I don't know the truth about why we have certain sexual orientations and some seem like they are born that way. But just looking at the complexity of the human mind I would say it is more plausible that it is something either done to us or we do ourselves.. No condemnation here. I just wrote this because I hate it when people give themselves excuses for things. In most things if they take responsibility they I have the power to fix it. If I blame something else I don't have to change as its not my fault. I think this is a little more complex then that for most. I do blame society for some. I still feel its a sin and it still kinda grosses me out if I see two men kissing... sorry.

I also believe sex should be something...

I also believe sex should be something we do in private and its no ones business. Truth is I think the government should get out of the business of telling everyone how they should act and feel about these things.. It's between each individual and God. They shouldn't have to make laws. If they fire you for just being gay its wrong. if they fire you because you acted out at a place of business it would depend on how that effects the business. Had a friend got fired for doing naughty things as a nurse in an old folks home.. He got fired.. We all know whats right and wrong.. lets all just try to be good people.
  • Jon the... matt 2013/08/20 17:42:25
    Jon the Flamer
    +2
    I don't really care if you regard it as sin; that's your belief, but it has no relevance in a discussion to be very honest. If you think it's gross, that's fine; I don't really care about that; no one really should except you.

I don't believe people honestly choose what they're attracted to, but a person can choose to humor such attractions, and they can choose to engage in a relationship with someone. I don't really believe that the human mind is as hard set as some heterosexuals and homosexuals seem to think.

Everyone has different preferences, and I don't see the sense in condemning someone just because they don't share the same preference you do(not you of course). The government shouldn't have to make laws, but there will always be that one person or group of people who test the law and make it necessary.
  • matt Jon the... 2014/01/03 11:49:03
  • BIGNEVERMO matt 2014/01/03 17:43:07
    BIGNEVERMO
    "Even if people aren't born gay I don't think any sane person would want to become so"...that may be the most intelligent thing you have said so far... people dont choose what they like...people dont "choose" to like things...either you do or you dont like things...so yeah why would someone go thru all the crap that gays do...beatings, ridicule, death...if they were not actually attracted to the same sex.?They cant help what they like...thats why...
  • matt BIGNEVERMO 2014/01/04 04:01:07
    matt
    Yes but we still don't tell society that something like that is a "good" choice. You might as well tell your children they are free to chose to be an addict if they want. AS if either living a gay lifestyle or being a junkie is ok.
  • Jon the... matt 2014/01/06 10:25:04 (edited)
    Jon the Flamer
    Whether or not it's a perversion isn't relevant and beside the point of the original question you asked in this post. You couldn't know if these people were lying to themselves because you don't even know them. Your attempt to parallel Unicorns and "gays" wasn't a viable comparison with the way you attempted to compare the two. It rests on the premise that homosexuals do not exist; it's not logically sound. I don't think you even understand what sexuality is.

You aren't really in any position to continue this discussion with me when you don't even understand the topic at hand here. You don't understand how to properly construct a cohesive argument nor bring in viable evidence to defend your claims.
  • matt Jon the... 2014/01/07 04:26:19
    matt
    I know that if I was born with a vagina I would have sex with men and if I was born with a penis I would have sex with woman. We are the race of men and all are the same except for sexual organs. And by the way, Homosexuality is an act and not a state of being. Its what you do, and how you act period. so sexual identity is a choice. I don't think I would be any different as a person today if I were born as a woman instead of a man.
  • Jon the... matt 2014/03/13 11:37:30
    Jon the Flamer
    Homosexuality isn't an act. The word isn't a verb; it's an adjective. It's who you're attracted to, not who you have sex with. As it stands, you still don't know what you're talking about.

Whether or not you were a woman or a man makes no difference to the topic at hand.
  • matt Jon the... 2014/03/15 21:47:07 (edited)
    matt
    it's the sexual act that makes you a homosexual. The act of having sex with another man is a action. I.e a verb. I don't care what you call yourself. For the "I don't know what I am talking about" I am going to block you. With that in mind I know you will never listen to anyone else and it is useless. I don't argue with useless people.

You see you are not a reasonable person.
  • Hermeat... matt 2014/03/16 02:32:30
    Hermeatheus
    +3
    What a very cowardly thing to do. You appear to be unable to comprehend simple English. You mistake an adjective for a verb. You're ignorant on the subject of your question, and when confronted on that ignorance, you respond with a cowardly block.

"You see you are not a reasonable person."
    How hypocritical of you.
  • BIGNEVERMO Jon the... 2014/01/03 17:32:30 (edited)
    BIGNEVERMO
    +1
    "I don't believe people honestly choose what they're attracted to"

bingo
  • matt Jon the... 2014/01/04 03:59:08
  • Jon the... matt 2014/01/06 10:32:08
    Jon the Flamer
    You don't know what I know. I don't regard it as wrong because it doesn't harm anyone nor cause great amounts of suffering. What values do I ignore? When did I say I wanted anyone to tell me it's okay?

You're speaking to me as if you know who you're talking to. I'm some random person over the internet who had a random encounter with you. How much do you think you really know? You don't know much about me aside from what limited information you have readily available to you.

Try different arguments that are actually relevant to my character.
  • matt Jon the... 2014/01/04 03:56:14
    matt
    Because you like the addictive lifestyle and it excites you. Fine. I don't want to say its OK because I don't want my children to try it.
  • Jon the... matt 2014/01/06 10:34:50
    Jon the Flamer
    I like the addictive lifestyle of waking up, freshening up, eating breakfast, going to school, coming home, eating lunch and then eating dinner.

That would be so terrible for your children I bet.
  • matt Jon the... 2014/03/13 03:35:05
    matt
    Then corn holing your school buddy and bragging about making him gay.. yea that's normal.
  • Jon the... matt 2014/03/13 11:40:38
    Jon the Flamer
    You're delusional, my friend. You might go around bragging about your sexual conquests but some of us have more important matters to brag about, like video game achievements. That said, I don't have the time nor the desire to go around "making people gay" nor "corn holing" school buddies.

Making assumptions about people is bad.
  • matt Jon the... 2014/01/04 03:54:21
    matt
    The problem is I do understand addiction. Everything I hear convinces me that it is an addiction.
  • Jon the... matt 2014/01/06 10:36:04
    Jon the Flamer
    I don't believe you understand all forms of addiction. I don't know how much you've heard but that doesn't make what you say true. Everything I hear makes me think it's just a preference. That doesn't make me correct; it's just my personal experience.
  • matt Jon the... 2014/03/13 03:37:43
    matt
    But why would you prefer something with a social stigmata? At least don't say anything about it. Sane people know this. You have no Idea if I have a sexual addiction myself or not.
  • Jon the... matt 2014/03/13 11:43:03
    Jon the Flamer
    Men have a social stigma? I'm not even vocal about it; I keep it to myself, and I've always been like that. Others like to be more expressive, and that's not really my problem.

I don't really care about your sexual addictions. I don't even have sex, so that's not really relevant to me.
  • matt Jon the... 2013/08/17 08:33:29
    matt
    Unicorns and gays don't exist logically. Or tell me when they found the first gay gene or birth defect?
  • BIGNEVERMO matt 2014/01/03 17:44:15
    BIGNEVERMO
    tell me why does the animal kingdom have so many species that have animals that have same sex attraction? They dont choose either...
  • matt BIGNEVERMO 2014/01/04 04:02:01
  • matt Jon the... 2014/01/04 03:46:13 (edited)
    matt
    your ignoring the fact that gays being different then any other man has no basis in fact,and acting as if being gay is already proven. Just a lot of people that don't want to accept the fact that they are sick. so yes using a parody of unicorns is valid.
  • Trish 2013/08/14 14:53:43
    not born gay
    Trish
    +6
    If someone is born gay, then murderers are born murderers, pedophiles are born pedophiles so on and so on.
  • Jon the... Trish 2013/08/14 21:05:33
    Jon the Flamer
    +3
    This isn't really a sound argument as sexuality isn't even remotely related to a person's inclination to kill someone or have sex with minors.
  • matt Jon the... 2013/08/15 05:36:42
    matt
    +4
    It's a moral issue. Many people question there sexuality. Those of us with morals don't cross over. We are born with the power of choice. Regardless of what genetics we are born with our minds can override anything.
  • BIGNEVERMO matt 2014/01/03 17:45:07
    BIGNEVERMO
    +2
    Yeah thats what I thought...you do have "inclinations" dont you!! lmfao!
  • matt BIGNEVERMO 2014/01/04 04:03:31
  • Curiousc1 matt 2014/03/13 00:56:23
    Curiousc1
    i agree and your mind is a battle field.. for the enemy to use his weapons if lies on us, its all about spiritual warfare!
  • matt Jon the... 2014/01/03 11:50:44
    matt
    yes it does.. its called PERVERSION!

2014/04/21 14:47:23