Quantcast

POISON IVY, OAK or SUMAC, can the effects cause temporary blindness, alzheimers, or tooth loss?

stevegtexas@aol.com 2011/12/30 20:22:34

SLIDESHOW: poison ivy effects on nervous system

1 of 1

poison ivy treatment video informational

poison ivy treatment video informational
  1. poison ivy treatment video informational

    poison ivy treatment video informational

    poison ivy treatment video informational

POISON IVY, OAK or SUMAC, can the effects cause temporary blindness, alzheimers, or tooth loss?
Are there any known studies on the effects of poison ivy, oak or sumac? has it caused temporary memory loss, alzheimers, etc. etc?
You!
Add Photos & Videos

Sort By
  • Most Raves
  • Least Raves
  • Oldest
  • Newest
Opinions

  • JohnnyRudick 2012/01/16 21:41:45
    JohnnyRudick
    Cool, but no. I do not believe there is anything showing such a hypotheses.
  • Andrew 2011/12/31 06:19:15
    Andrew
    Uhhh, I think you should call the doctor and ask him.
  • Arya 2011/12/31 00:04:19
    Arya
    I'm not allergic.
  • Sandra J. Baker 2011/12/30 23:44:13
    Sandra J. Baker
    +2
    I just finished writing a book on poison oak and poison ivy, and there was no recent clinical studies addressing your questions, but in 1905, Dr. J. Peterson (who felt that poison ivy was a valuable healing herb for many things) was undaunted by the possible side effects, which he stated were fever, headache, stupefaction, sense of intoxication, rheumatic pains, cough, nausea, vomiting, chilliness, delirium, drowsiness, stupor, flushed face, dilated pupils, feeble and rapid pulse, hurried respiration, fainting, convulsions, white-coated tongue with small red points on the upper surface of the tip, cough with burning pain in the chest, restlessness, crying out during sleep in children, and—ta-da—itching. Sandra J. Baker
  • Amy.[: 2011/12/30 23:00:40
    Amy.[:
    I hope not :o
  • RogerCoppock 2011/12/30 22:41:06
    RogerCoppock
    +1
    When washing clothes contaminated with Poison Ivy use extra detergent and an alcohol based cleaner in the wash. "PineSol" is a common trade name. If that is not available, or if your cleaner does not list alcohol on the active ingredients, add a quarter cup of medical alcohol to the wash.
  • say what? 2011/12/30 22:28:57
    say what?
    +1
    I've been exposed to poison ivy, poison oak and sumac many times and I never had any ...... uh .....What was the question again?
  • Beautiful_Syn 2011/12/30 21:00:21
    Beautiful_Syn
    I don't believe so.
  • gbudavid 2011/12/30 20:31:41
    gbudavid
    Or none of the above...
  • Temlakos~POTL~PWCM~JLA~☆ 2011/12/30 20:25:33
    Temlakos~POTL~PWCM~JLA~☆
    I wouldn't be surprised.

See Votes by State

The map above displays the winning answer by region.

Living

2014/08/29 10:20:51

Hot Questions on SodaHead
More Hot Questions

More Community More Originals