Point Well Made!

**Bessie** 2012/11/09 16:41:03

A worried woman went to her gynecologist and said:

'Doctor, I have a serious problem and desperately need your help! My baby is not even

1 year old and I'm pregnant again. I don't want kids so close together.

So the doctor said: 'Ok and what do you want me to do?'

She said: 'I want you to end my pregnancy, and I'm counting on your help with this.

The doctor thought for a little, and after some silence he said to the lady: 'I think I have

a better solution for your problem. It's less dangerous for you too.'

She smiled, thinking that the doctor was going to accept her request. Then he continued:

'You see, in order for you not to have to take care of two babies at the same time, let's

kill the one in your arms. This way, you could rest some before the other one is born.

If we're going to kill one of them, it doesn't matter which one it is. There would be no

risk for your body if you chose the one in your arms.

The lady was horrified and said: 'No doctor! How terrible! It's a crime to kill a child!

'I agree', the doctor replied. 'But you seemed to be OK with it, so I thought maybe that

was the best solution.'

The doctor smiled, realizing that he had made his point.

He convinced the mom that there is no difference in killing a child that's already been

born and one that's still in the womb. The crime is the same!

If you agree, please forward. Together we can help save precious lives!

Learn from Yesterday, live for Today, hope for Tomorrow.

"Love says I sacrifice myself for the good of the other person.

Abortion says I sacrifice the other person for the good of myself..."

• OBEY 2012/11/09 20:06:48
    OBEY
    +7
    Even though I am not religious, I still think that killing innocent humans is wrong.
    religious killing innocent humans wrong

• bblair125 2012/11/10 15:45:36
    bblair125
    +3
    Very smart doctor, I agree..... a life is a life!!!!!!! ♥
  • **Bessie** bblair125 2012/11/13 17:09:47
    **Bessie**
    +1
    I agree Bonnie!
  • Charu ∞ijm♥∞ 2012/11/10 15:18:58
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    +3
    This is awesome Bessie! Thank you for sharing it with us. :)
    (oh my...I am replying within 24 hours...YAY me! lol)
    love life
  • **Bessie** Charu ∞... 2012/11/13 17:18:30
    **Bessie**
    +2
    You are welcome Nana!
  • Charu ∞... **Bessie** 2012/11/13 23:16:14
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    +2
    {{{{HUGS}}}}
  • Chukroast 2012/11/10 09:45:06
    Chukroast
    +2
    This is a tough question, not only for possible mothers, but for the father as well. I'm torn between considering all abortion wrong and searching for a more middle ground where science may find the right answer. I hope that, in the not-too-distant future research can make some breakthrough in solving the riddle of when a fetus becomes a human being. Is it when the heart takes its first beat? Or maybe someday it will be possible to even detect the moment the fetus has that magical thing called a "soul" instilled in it. I've colluded with my first wife (1950) to have an illegal abortion and again with a girlfriend (1972) to have a legal abortion and, in both cases, I had a profound sense of regret.
  • mary E Chukroast 2012/11/11 20:03:08
    mary E
    +1
    Do the unborn have the genetic code identifying him/her as belonging to the human race? Or do the unborn exist as a tree or something while in the womb and majically spring forth as a human at birth? What evidence do you require to believe that the unborn is a part of the human race?
  • **Bessie** Chukroast 2012/11/13 17:19:30
    **Bessie**
    +1
    I can understand your sense of regret. So sad. I have never met someone who had an abortion who did not regret it.
  • timothy.hill.14 2012/11/10 08:04:46
    timothy.hill.14
    +2
    Good posting!
  • **Bessie** timothy... 2012/11/13 17:19:59
  • Razoreye001 2012/11/10 06:44:18
    Razoreye001
    +1
    obviously not written by someone who knows much about science.
  • mary E Razorey... 2012/11/11 07:06:59
    mary E
    +1
    But much scientific writing is not written by someone(s) who knows much about science! That doesn't stop them does it?
  • Razorey... mary E 2012/11/11 15:59:43
    Razoreye001
    +1
    true, but most of the time there wrong and there theories are never recorded because science is organized and pretty uniform now unlike centuries ago. If you studied science you would know a fetus is not self aware and doesn't know it's a thing that exists and doesn't until two months after they were born.
  • mary E Razorey... 2012/11/11 19:42:30
    mary E
    +1
    Gregory, at my age sometimes I am not totally "self-aware." LOL. Mornings especially! Does that mean I am not a life, that I am not alive. Will these occasional lapses eventually eventually qualify me for euthanasia? Will you young people start with destroying the unborn, graduate to the handicapped, and finally remove the old people? Where will you stop? When humans try to play at being God, their messes grow bigger and more and more stinkey!
  • Razorey... mary E 2012/11/12 00:30:36
    Razoreye001
    +1
    Well there is a difference between self aware and subconsciousness. To be self aware means you know your a thing that exists and you permanently exist as you are right now. That is entirely different from being subconscious which means you do things without realizing it. It's a common misconception for those that don't study the inner-workings of the brain which is sometimes why it is harder to be pro choice at times because not everyone understands that.
  • mary E Razorey... 2012/11/15 06:30:16
    mary E
    So, if a child isn't self-aware until two months old, can you zap it any time before then? Sorry, stupid question.

Pro choicers make it seem as if there is a tree or something growing in the womb, that suddenly morphs into a little human close to or at birth. Does their DNA change also? At what point does it majically become a member of the human race?

If a society want to get rid of their babies, what doesnt it just be honest and admit that? Why the subterfuge? Why not just admit that one doesn't want that little life and say they are going to murder it? Why not up the age to be allowed to kill it, say, five years to make certain you really want it around? What in Sam's Hill is the DIFFERENCE?
  • Razorey... mary E 2012/11/15 22:25:21
    Razoreye001
    +1
    Well at that time the child isn't hurting anyone, by all scientific definition a fetus is a parasite. While in the womb a fetus is a detriment to the mother's health and is completely dependent on the mother for life. I mentioned this before the definition of a parasite is an organism that requires another organism known as the host to fulfill all vital functions for life without providing any health benefits from the host. If you insist that a fetus is not a parasite then what health benefits does the fetus provide the mother? When your talking about abortion it is a case of bodily autonomy.
  • mary E Razorey... 2012/11/18 04:45:48
    mary E
    You know by now that I don't swallow something just because it is called "science." By your definition, humans are parasites to this earth! I suppose we all deserve to be erradicated like so many unborn are.

If a female insists on this so-called "bodily automony" let her have her female parts removed before her body is developed to the stage she can become pregnant. It is actually very EASY to not become pregnant.

I am not against all abortion, sometimes it is the least evil. But being irresponsible or using abortion as birth control, and then demanding your "bodily autonomy" is over reaching.

How can you not see this? How? We are human beings! The higher animals. Actually, the lower animals behave more sensibly than we.
  • Razorey... mary E 2012/11/18 19:15:36
    Razoreye001
    Well the problem with that is planets aren't organisms. They allow for life to exist but they aren't alive by our common definition of life. Sometimes accidents happen and I feel that abortion evens the playing field and promotes more gender equality. If a man doesn't want to be a father he can just break off the relationship. A pregnant women doesn't have the simple option to opt out without keeping abortion legal. If we were to ban certain medical treatments because they treat what are the results of accidents then things like car accidents would become much more lethal and if you have been following the news you heard of the case of a pregnant women dying in Ireland because she couldn't get the abortion she desperately needed.
  • mary E Razorey... 2012/11/19 07:13:16
    mary E
    I just said in my previous posting that sometime an abortion if the least of two evils. Of course, the Irish woman shouldn't have had to die!

I just never realized that the act of having sex could ever be called an accident.

The earth functions as an organism for us doesn't it?

Aren't you glad your mother didn't abort you? Don't you feel it a bit cruel to deny life to the innocent when you have life? You would kill to level the playing field? This sounds much like what I just read on another posting. That poster said we should wipe out the total middle east (level the playing field) and we would have a much better world.
  • Razorey... mary E 2012/11/19 17:14:43
    Razoreye001
    +1
    Well there are a lot of things that can go wrong during sex that can result in pregnancy. The condom could be compromised or the pill could fail for various reasons. The earth doesn't eat anything or reproduce so it isn't alive because it doesn't meet those requirements. As for feeling cruel, I understand what a fetus is and what a fetus isn't and I realize there is clear difference between a fetus and a human. So I understand that abortion is necessary for the advancement in our society. The difference between that poster and myself is that I have purely scientific reasons to support why I believe as I do and that person has nothing but ignorance.
  • **Bessie** Razorey... 2012/11/13 17:20:14
    **Bessie**
    +1
    What a dicky response!
  • Razorey... **Bessie** 2012/11/13 17:22:34
    Razoreye001
    how is it a "dick response", I admit I can be blunt at times.
  • jesus christ 2012/11/10 06:17:18
    jesus christ
    i love abortion. i'm thinking of starting my own clinic just to save money.
  • Scandalf jesus c... 2012/11/10 11:38:31
    Scandalf
    +1
    Jesus, I'm shocked of what you wrote!
    You look like...look almost like your father...
  • Razorey... Scandalf 2012/11/11 05:53:02
    Razoreye001
    don't be shocked the person your sending a message to doesn't exist.
  • mary E Razorey... 2012/11/11 07:19:34
    mary E
    It is a matter of faith to believe that Jesus lived on earth and sacrificed Himself to redeem us.

It is also a matter of faith to believe he never existed on earth as the Son of God.

No proofs are available to scientifically prove that Jesus does or doesn't exist. It is a matter of faith.

So, I see you are a person of 'faith."
  • Razorey... mary E 2012/11/11 15:49:29
    Razoreye001
    +1
    not really, does it require faith not to believe in bigfoot or the tooth fairy? It requires no faith at all actually. The rule is for something to exist it has to be proven. The fact there is no evidence for the existance of god is proof enough god doesn't exist.
  • mary E Razorey... 2012/11/11 20:14:29
    mary E
    +1
    You have no knowledge of the exact thoughts I think. Does your lack of knowledge and evidence prove those thoughts don't exist?
  • Razorey... mary E 2012/11/12 00:33:05
    Razoreye001
    +1
    That is getting into metephysics but even thoughts can be proven to exist although I might not know what those thoughts are an Electronic Device designed to find brain wave frequencies although I may not know what is exactly being thought.
  • mary E Razorey... 2012/11/15 06:51:18
    mary E
    You could measure brain waves frequencies while I am sleeping. That doesn't prove I am having conscious thoughts, And since you can't detect exactly what thoughts I am thinking even when I am awake, you are still saying my thoughts don't exist because you cannot prove what they are!

Can't you realize there are so many, many ideas that may be possible, yet can't be proven? Why rule out everything that your tiny understanding can't prove? What if scientists said that if "it" can't be proven by my senses or instruments, it doesn't exist. Therefore I will not search! Some ideas may be proven to exist simply by the behavior of other properties around it.

How does being dogmatice about the non-existence of God advance knowledge when it only shows a closed mind.
  • Razorey... mary E 2012/11/15 22:34:15
    Razoreye001
    Actually we have more sensitive technology that can detect changes in frequency of brain waves although it's just developing. To answer your question I'll put it like this. We don't believe in fairies, dragons, or other such things because they defy logic and our scientific laws and the fact there is no proof of them. Your also making a comparison to a soft science to a hard science. Soft science you can get away with a much lower expectation of data while in hard science there are rigid laws that can never change and if there is no proven way to even test a hypothesis it can never become a theory or even a scientific law. The biggest reason why I can't support the notion that there is a god is because it would mean that nothing scientists know can be absolute seeing as the very laws of physics can change on a whim.
  • mary E Razorey... 2012/11/18 04:58:30
    mary E
    "...if there is no proven way to even test a hypothesis it can never become and theory or even a scienfific law.'

You certainly have no way to prove or disprove there is or isn't a God. Yet you theorize there is no God?????

I am not sure just how I got into this particular discussion. It is not my place to be trying to prove God exists! For me it is a faith walk. God is well able to take care of Himself.

I believe we even started out discussing faith, not trying to prove or disprove God.
  • jesus c... mary E 2012/11/11 17:45:01
    jesus christ
    +1
    if there is no evidence of somethings existence then you have no reason to believe in that thing. it does not take faith to not believe in that thing.
  • mary E jesus c... 2012/11/11 21:21:47
    mary E
    Well, hello, fellow Floridian! Just to think you are here in the same state! Wow!

Case-in-point: It is common for the very intelligent to have a command of the grammar and mechanics of the written language they speak. The written messages of many SH's are not indicative that they possess that command. Would it be rational, then, to use that lack of evidence as proof that they are not intelligent? Of course not. I see other evidence of which others might unaware in their writings that suggests to me that many are very intelligent.

So, does that make it a great leap of faith for me to believe they ARE very intelligent? Must I be limited to one criterion, or someone else's criteria, to judge an issue? What about the "other evidence"? Can one really be sure that one is aware of all the evidence that might throw a different light on the issue?

So it does take faith to believe or not believe many ideas we humans have. Our fallible race doesn't have the complete answers about many issues as proven by the fact that science is daily disproving old theories. If we are seekers of truth, just our daily living can teach us new ideas.

Ring-around-a-rosy! Tout our ideas and move and circle. We poor humans think we know so much! Life is just a faith-walk, for we don't know much.
  • jesus c... mary E 2012/11/12 06:49:03 (edited)
    jesus christ
    +1
    i don't believe in anything absolutely. i completely understand how little about the universe the human race fully understands. my only point is this. it takes absolutely no faith at all to not believe in something for which there is no evidence. does it take faith to not believe in the easter bunny, santa clause, zeus or the celestial teapot, no.
  • mary E jesus c... 2012/11/15 07:16:50
    mary E
    My humble dictionary states faith to be "a complete trust or confidence in someone or something."

You say you don't believe that Zeus exists because there is no evidence. So you are having faith that no evidence exists, when it well may. Man is so limited by his senses and ability to produce proof about many things that we really don't know whether or not there could be evidence of the existence of Zeus. But since you have discovered no evidence you have faith in yourself that you have reached the correct decision.

I have just proven you are a person of faith, right?
  • jesus c... mary E 2012/11/16 07:38:10
    jesus christ
    no thats not faith in the religious sense of the word. faith in the religious sense of the word is belief without evidence. at least thats what i was taught in my christian upbringing. the bible says faith is without evidence.

Hebrews 11

King James Version (KJV)

11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

the everyday use of the word faith. as in, i have faith in a particular friend to do a certain thing, or act a certain way thats not without evidence. you have observed that person over time and seen patterns in their behavior. those observations and recognitions in patterns are evidence. i have believe my truck will get me to work tomorrow because it has never failed me before. i have a pattern to consider as evidence.

the belief that i'm right about zeus has nothing to do with faith. it has everything to do with the fact that spectacular claims require spectacular evidence. zeus, yahweh, jesus, santa, and all other fairytale characters are spectacular claims and therefore require spectacular evidence, or they can easily be dismissed.

i will change my mind about the easter bunny, yahweh, zeus, jesus, and the rest of the crowd the split second somebody shows me actual evidence to back up the claims of their existence. until then to believe in anything without reason is childish at best.
  • mary E jesus c... 2012/11/18 05:16:41
    mary E
    +1
    Well, my "childish" exercise in futility has been to convince you and Gregory that, in the sceme of things, humans don't really know much that can actually be proven or disproven. It is much better to keep an open mind.

But, it has been fun posting with both of you. Sure beats the ladies' gossip about their neighbor, or cooking, or the latest indiscretion of their current man friend!

Thanks for posting! :)
  • Razorey... jesus c... 2012/11/12 00:33:46
    Razoreye001
    Jesus is an atheist?!

2014/10/24 16:46:01