Peter Singer - Ethics, Evolution & Moral Progress

Mike 2012/08/03 00:32:34
Related Topics: Evolution, Ethics, singer, Moral

• Eccles 2012/08/03 14:45:00
    Eccles
    +1
    He has some very valid points whether I agree or not with all, is another matter but he sure makes me think which is always a good thing.
    If his concepts on the causes of poverty could be applied we might indeed have a solution.
    Why do we always need a justification for our deeds and actions, justification implies an excuse. There is no need for any justification when one acts on the principal of empathy towards all of Nature and what it manifests as formed by the five elements Earth, Fire, Water, Air, and Ether (the unknown).
    That is I feel might be his point exactly, so yes I agree but to play God with Life in any form is arrogance and will lead to our ultimate destruction we have enough lessons in history on this one.
  • sockpuppet Eccles 2012/08/04 07:27:44
    sockpuppet
    +1
    Nicely put!
  • Eccles sockpuppet 2012/08/04 09:23:00 (edited)
    Eccles
    Thank you kind sir. Found this very interesting a return to the ideals of those great men the founding fathers. It might help settle the squabbling going on between the unreasonable factions in your great land. Hell we need men of reason now more than ever.
    http://www.deism.com/deistame...

2014/10/20 11:34:50