PETA Rips 'Trollsen Twins' for $17,000 Fur Backpack: Are You on Team PETA or Team Olsen?

The Olsen twins have created another unbelievably expensive backpack -- and this time, they've managed to incur the wrath of PETA. The People for Ethical Treatment of Animals slammed the "Trollsen Twins" for the almost $17,000 fur backpack they designed for their fashion line, The Row.

"If it looks like a troll and acts like a troll, it's probably a Trollsen Twin -- or someone wearing one of their new $16,000 totes, which are made from the fur and skins of innocent animals," PETA said in a statement to E! News. "What the Olsens lack in creativity, they try to make up for in shock value. Sadly, it's the foxes, calves, and alligators -- who often have the fur ripped off them while they are still conscious and able to feel pain -- who pay the dearest price."

Despite the price -- and the pain -- stylist-to-the-stars Rachel Zoe called the accessory "next season's staple item." We're not sure how many schoolkids can afford an almost $17,000 backpack, but we guess they're out there ... Do you think PETA was too hard on the Olsen twins? Or right on the money?

• Smuwf, Twin 2012/07/01 11:58:38
    Team Olsen
    Smuwf, Twin
    +2
    I wouldnt mind to be on the olsen twins...hurhurhur,i couldnt care less about their cause
  • Elyse 2012/07/01 11:23:52
    Team PETA
    Elyse
    I'm more concerned with the state of their eyebrows over anything else. What was the question again?
  • Mitri 2012/07/01 10:47:38
    Team PETA
    Mitri
    +1
    Animals should not be killed and worn to just "look good" but for keeping warm in harsh conditions...

I wish there was a "not on anyones team", since the Trollen twins are annoying brats and PETA are stupid and annoying...
  • Arianne 2012/07/01 10:34:31
    Team Olsen
    Arianne
    enough of the teams dammit.

And I meant to say PETA since I can sympathise with them for once. I can't believe I just said that.
  • 001 2012/07/01 10:31:51
    Team PETA
    001
    Usually I think PETA are a couple of attention whores, but in this case I disagree with them less than I disagree with the twins. Who the hell needs a fur backpack? And who the hell is gonna pay that much for it? Only idiots and fools, that's who. It's simply ridiculous and cruel.
  • ruralntex 2012/07/01 10:26:48
    Team Olsen
    ruralntex
    +2
    Piss on PETA
  • Somkey the Hores 2012/07/01 10:23:28
    Team Olsen
    Somkey the Hores
    +6
    PETA are a bunch of LUNATICS. How about making bags out of PETA members?
  • Smuwf, ... Somkey ... 2012/07/01 12:00:36
    Smuwf, Twin
    +2
    Nobody would buy that...probably the only reason
  • shotgun the 3rd 2012/07/01 07:56:54
    Team Olsen
    shotgun the 3rd
    +3
    People Eating Tasty Animals running their mouths again?? Damn can't wait for Hunting season...
  • Kibbles shotgun... 2012/07/02 02:39:53
    Kibbles
    What do you hunt with?
  • Jacob 2012/07/01 07:54:16
  • Fenabarb 2012/07/01 07:47:03
    Team PETA
    Fenabarb
    +1
    on this one, right on the money
  • lady_c5_loadmaster 2012/07/01 07:16:12
    Team Olsen
    lady_c5_loadmaster
    +6
    If fur were good enough for GOD to give Adam and Eve to wear it is good enough for me just as long as it is not an endangered species.

I always thought PETA stood for People Eating Tasty Animals.
  • Cherry lady_c5... 2012/07/01 07:28:17
    Cherry
    Adam and Eve were naked....
  • lady_c5... Cherry 2012/07/01 07:29:19
    lady_c5_loadmaster
    +3
    When GOD sent them out of the garden for eating from the tree he gave them animal skins to wear.
  • Somkey ... Cherry 2012/07/01 10:24:26
    Somkey the Hores
    Not for long.
  • Villa n... lady_c5... 2012/07/02 20:56:17
    Villa nilla
    +1
    GOD is not real.
  • lady_c5... Villa n... 2012/07/03 01:22:16
    lady_c5_loadmaster
    Sorry you feel that way. If there were no GOD how did the planets and sun come to be, how did the oceans and land form how did the animals and people come into being. There had to be some intelligent designer to have created something so complicated as this planet and the life on it. We will se who is write after we die. Have a good life.
  • Villa n... lady_c5... 2012/07/03 19:40:25 (edited)
    Villa nilla
    +1
    *see
    *right

Without Scientific explanation/observation, you probably would still think that the Earth is the center of the universe and that it is flat.

So you're using a very easy explanation for the origin to a complex universe (Also known as irreducible complexity) .That makes sense, when you don't understand or feel the need to observe, you can just say GOD did it. GOD is a convenient explanation for you.

Most likely the earth's forming of the atmosphere is due to volcanic out-gassing, (much of the earth was molten and volcanic at the time) In fact, one very large collision is responsible for creating the Earth's tilted axis. Over time, the molten lava would cool to become EARTH/LAND/CRUST. Water on earth was most possibly the effect of colliding comets condensed into cloud formations, THUS taking the OCEAN into shape (not to mention PLATE TECTONICS). WATER = OXYGEN = ABILITY FOR LIFE ON EARTH. Life then diversified on earth in account for the numerous plants, animals. The earth is not THAT complicating. You make it seem complex because you dont understand it or even want to understand it. This is a much more sound explanation than just SOME DEITY CREATED THE EARTH. THE END.

Say, We might not know the precise** origins of the universe, (we honestly can say that we don't know ex...

*see
    *right

Say, We might not know the precise** origins of the universe, (we honestly can say that we don't know exactly* but at least science admits that and continues to search for answers in evidence)

at least I don't claim a very debunkable/weak theory automatically. Any "hole" or "gap" in science MUST be in act of GOD, as you say, yes?

When I'm dead, my brain will be dead, all of my thoughts, memories, and consciousness will vanish. So no, we won't "see who is write after we die"

and thanks! I will have a great life! :-)
  • lady_c5... Villa n... 2012/07/03 23:07:31
    lady_c5_loadmaster
    Science can not prove or disprove how creation was done. Some scientist start with the idea of an intelligent designer "GOD" and others start from a athiest point of view. They are both looking at the same thing but from different view points. In the past most of the great scientist who determined the world was round and we are not the center of the universe were GOD fearing christian men, unlike todays scientist.
  • Villa n... lady_c5... 2012/07/04 00:17:33 (edited)
    Villa nilla
    The principles of science is about proving and disproving theories actually.

and an overwhelming majority of scientists reject the concept of God.
    "In the past most of the great scientist who determined the world was round and we are not the center of the universe were GOD fearing christian men, unlike todays scientist"

Well actually, those who presumed the earth to be spherical weren't GOD christian fearing men. They were Persians and Greeks from the Hellenistic Period (with their advanced knowledge of Astronomy)

Sure, you can name a few great scientists, like Kepler, Copernicus, and Galileo. But in their time, religion was the* way of life (since that's all they ever had) and atheism, agnosticism, or even contradicting the church lies in death penalty. Who's to say that those are the only great scientists in the history of humanity? There were many extraordinary minds that walked the Earth who weren't GOD fearing christian men. What a gross over generalization you have made...

Are these minds not great enough to your standards?

SIDE NOTE: Pay attention to your grammar.

• lady_c5... Villa n... 2012/07/04 01:50:40
    lady_c5_loadmaster
    Issac Newton was a christian man and a great scientist. You don't really care what I believe and I am not going to try and change your mind so let us agree to disagree and call it a night.
  • Villa n... lady_c5... 2012/07/04 02:00:33
    Villa nilla
    Yep, Issac Newton was christian and a remarkable scientist.

Alright, sounds good. Later Days.
  • Playerazzi 2012/07/01 06:58:28
    Team Olsen
    Playerazzi
    +3
    PETA has gone overboard with many things. This may not be one of them, but they've lost me as a supporter.

Too bad.
  • Party Boy [A7X Bat] 2012/07/01 06:40:14
  • NakedRei 2012/07/01 06:21:52
    Team Olsen
    NakedRei
    +1
    I don't really like them either, but they are the lesser of two evils in this case.
  • BattleBunnys 2012/07/01 06:18:19
    Team PETA
    BattleBunnys
    It kills me to click this button, but that bag is as uglier than sin.
  • Hope 2012/07/01 05:46:02 (edited)
    Team PETA
    Hope
    im not for killing animals and making them into any kind of clothing material or bags or w/e
  • Cherry 2012/07/01 05:28:18 (edited)
    Team PETA
    Cherry
    +1
    I hate Peta but that bag is hideous.

I think the Olsen twins should shave/tweeze themselves and make a bag out of their hair instead. They certainly have enough body hair for it! Look at that those bushy eyebrows!
  • carlton999 2012/07/01 04:25:03
    Team Olsen
    carlton999
    +3
    After PETA jumped on board the euthanization train of Pit Bulls in Georgia I say screw those hypocrites.
  • janet carlton999 2012/07/01 04:34:34
    janet
    I think it was on those dogs that were trained to fight and unable to be place in a normal home after they were taken out of that cruel situation
  • carlton999 janet 2012/07/01 09:28:15
    carlton999
    +4
    doesn't matter. Dogs that are trained to fight can still be saved. Either you save all animals or you don't. PETA cant say one thing then do another. you cant condemn a group of people for being cruel to animals then turn around and do the same thing you just accused someone else of doing.
  • JackoClubs carlton999 2012/07/02 13:49:29
    JackoClubs
    "PETA cant say one thing then do another."

Sure they can; they're liberals. "Do as I say, not as I do" is an axiom for them.
  • janet carlton999 2012/07/02 18:41:39
    janet
    I agree some can be saved but the truth of the matter is that TOO many can not.
    The same thing happens with fighting chickens that have to be put down.
  • JackoClubs carlton999 2012/07/02 13:48:19
    JackoClubs
    Not sure how true it is, but I've read reports that say much of their money goes to "kill shelters", to euthanize unwanted dogs and cats.
  • Karasu the Neko Vampire 2012/07/01 04:22:33
    Team PETA
    Karasu the Neko Vampire
    +1
    That bag does not need real animal fur to look like that.
  • tatilee(: 2012/07/01 04:09:58
    Team PETA
    tatilee(:
    +1
    Ugh, I wish there was a neither option. Though I think it was very cruel what the Olsen twins did, I don't agree on how PETA conduct themselves. It's just embarassing.
  • Glitter Baby 2012/07/01 03:58:56
    Team PETA
    Glitter Baby
  • shotgun... Glitter... 2012/07/01 15:59:47
    shotgun the 3rd
    +1
    He would be deilcious in a pot with carrots, cellery, new potatoes, yum.... Mmmmm, mmmmm, Rabbit stew!!
  • GrumpyCat 2012/07/01 03:48:02
    Team PETA
    GrumpyCat
    That bag is tacky and gross. Someone who pays $17,000 for that ugly monstrosity should be institutionalization.

2014/10/25 15:24:55