PETA Rips 'Trollsen Twins' for $17,000 Fur Backpack: Are You on Team PETA or Team Olsen?

The Olsen twins have created another unbelievably expensive backpack -- and this time, they've managed to incur the wrath of PETA. The People for Ethical Treatment of Animals slammed the "Trollsen Twins" for the almost $17,000 fur backpack they designed for their fashion line, The Row.

"If it looks like a troll and acts like a troll, it's probably a Trollsen Twin -- or someone wearing one of their new $16,000 totes, which are made from the fur and skins of innocent animals," PETA said in a statement to E! News. "What the Olsens lack in creativity, they try to make up for in shock value. Sadly, it's the foxes, calves, and alligators -- who often have the fur ripped off them while they are still conscious and able to feel pain -- who pay the dearest price."

Despite the price -- and the pain -- stylist-to-the-stars Rachel Zoe called the accessory "next season's staple item." We're not sure how many schoolkids can afford an almost $17,000 backpack, but we guess they're out there ... Do you think PETA was too hard on the Olsen twins? Or right on the money?

• Captain... Captain... 2012/06/30 19:48:17
    Captain-Morgan
    brittan, Is that a Ratcoon cap your wearing on your head? My 6th. great grand cousin Daniel Boone had one just like it...
  • ✿Britt ... Captain... 2012/06/30 19:56:53 (edited)
    ✿Britt ❤'s Steven Tyler✿
    +2
    nope, i like to do 80's looks still. i do my hair in the big hair styles sometimes. go look at my photos and you will see.
  • Captain... ✿Britt ... 2012/06/30 20:22:19
    Captain-Morgan
    1780? or 1980? Just kidding with you.. lol...
  • ✿Britt ... Captain... 2012/06/30 20:23:12
    ✿Britt ❤'s Steven Tyler✿
    1980, look at my photos and you will see how i mean
  • ✿Britt ... Captain... 2012/06/30 19:57:18
    ✿Britt ❤'s Steven Tyler✿
    i would never eat anything like that ain my life. bleck!!!
  • Captain... ✿Britt ... 2012/06/30 20:25:12
    Captain-Morgan
    I'm a gormage's.. I'll try eating anything once..
  • Iamfree ✿Britt ... 2012/07/02 03:15:39
    Iamfree
    I'll tell you what sweetie, I'll come up with a more original line when you come up with a more original look.
  • ✿Britt ... Iamfree 2012/07/02 15:30:35
    ✿Britt ❤'s Steven Tyler✿
    hey, i'm way more brave, origional, and stylish cause i ain't afraid t dress how i want in public. i mix fashions fron now, and the 70's 80's, and 90's. now thats pretty eunique and origional if you ask me or anyone else.
  • 3052457 Iamfree 2012/06/30 19:46:58
  • Billyk75 Iamfree 2012/06/30 21:45:40
    Billyk75
    +1
    Agreed!
  • Cunning Stunts 2012/06/30 18:23:17
    Team PETA
    Cunning Stunts
    +3
    Like comparing horse crap to cow crap.
  • RastaFan 2012/06/30 18:18:53
    Team Olsen
    RastaFan
    +3
    PETA is a blight. Team PETA can ...........

PETA can Kiss MY Ass
  • ☠ Tħε ☣... RastaFan 2012/06/30 18:44:46
  • ✿Britt ... ☠ Tħε ☣... 2012/06/30 19:00:32
    ✿Britt ❤'s Steven Tyler✿
    +3
    oh gawd, that made me LOL. haha. ^_^
  • RastaFan ☠ Tħε ☣... 2012/06/30 19:02:58
    RastaFan
    +3
    Let's compare comments, shall we?

Mine was a condemnation of an organization that, by all accounts, has morphed into a disingenuous, lying, abusive and frankly idiotic mnifestation of misguided ethics.

Yours is school boy, toilet based equivalent of a bunch of punks standing on a corner pretending they have balls.
  • ☠ Tħε ☣... RastaFan 2012/06/30 19:06:27
    ☠ Tħε ☣ Øиe ☠
    +2
    that made no sence. we are right and you just don't want to admit your a douche for the support of animal cruelty. you don't deserve to have a lion as your avatar, it should be a road killed animal as your photo, it suits you better than a beautiful lion.
  • RastaFan ☠ Tħε ☣... 2012/06/30 19:20:07
    RastaFan
    +3
    Since you have no way of knowing what my position is, you can't possibly make a true statement saying you do.

You seem a little immature to handle this argument, but I'll try for a while at least.

You're wrong when you say, "you just don't want to admit your a douche for the support of animal cruelty." Firstly, I don't think the killing of an animal is necessarily a cruely in and of itself. Of course a person can behave cruelly in the act of killing, but all killing does not necessarily involve a person who behaves like that. In fact, i'd say it the exception rather than the norm. I came to that conclusion years ago after really digging into the phenomenon of hunting and killing.

I have hunted and killed for many many years. I am not cruel and have yet to meet a hunter who is. In the hunting community in general, cruelty is abhorred.
  • ☠ Tħε ☣... RastaFan 2012/06/30 19:26:32
    ☠ Tħε ☣ Øиe ☠
    +1
    you know as well as i do that a lot of hunters do it just for fun of killing them to see who can get the bigger one.
  • RastaFan ☠ Tħε ☣... 2012/06/30 19:44:10 (edited)
    RastaFan
    +3
    I'm not saying they don't exist. I'm saying they are a tiny slice of the hunting community.

In every venue or medium that hunters gather to talk and work, ethics is a clear and present subject. Nowhere will you find the condonement of cruelty. Nowhere. So, if you're trying to condemn a whole group of people based on a statistically insignificant minority, you're dong an injustice to the truth.

It's like me saying that all animal rights advocates are the type of people who would single out a child with a mental diability for scorn and ridicule to use for a meaningless insult. I know they are not.

But you are.
  • ☠ Tħε ☣... RastaFan 2012/06/30 19:47:08
    ☠ Tħε ☣ Øиe ☠
    hey, all you are trying to get under my skin talking crap about wanting to kill animals jut to bugg me so i am doing the same.
  • RastaFan ☠ Tħε ☣... 2012/06/30 22:53:53
    RastaFan
    +2
    No ... that's not true either. You've run into an educated person who has an opposing point of view and also has well founded ciltural and ethical reasons for holding that point of view.

You don't seem equipped well enough to make sense of your justification. Or to handle me for that matter. Time will undoubtedly season your outlook. Things are not always as simple and clear as they appear at youth. You're of a generation that has had their educational prospects abused by cultural Marxists and it's hard to come out the other side with the ability to search and rationalize if you haven't had guidance on the side perhaps.
  • ☠ Tħε ☣... RastaFan 2012/07/01 00:15:42
    ☠ Tħε ☣ Øиe ☠
    +2
    killing for the soul purpose of some rich ass whipes clothes is just mean and cruel and makes the human race seem self centered.
  • ❤¸,ø¤º°... ☠ Tħε ☣... 2012/06/30 20:53:21
    ❤¸,ø¤º°✿Billie✿°º¤ø,¸❤
    +1
    lol, that is funny looking how the kid is running from a giant kitten.
    Team Olsen
    +3
    P-people
    E-eating
    T-tasty
    A-animals
  • ☠ Tħε ☣... none 2012/06/30 18:46:30
    ☠ Tħε ☣ Øиe ☠
    +3
    can't you come up with your own stupid retarded thing to make fun of them. if your gonna be a dick then at least do it in a different way than everyone else already does. you are so low.
  • ✿Britt ... ☠ Tħε ☣... 2012/06/30 19:00:56
    ✿Britt ❤'s Steven Tyler✿
    +1
    you tell him toki. ^_^
  • sundance 2012/06/30 17:30:39
    Team PETA
    sundance
    +1
    Actually, I am on team synthetic, truth be known. Unless we consume this animal, his skin has no place on the "use" list of a department.store. We can mimic virtually an texture in nature, so there really is no reason for "fur anything", on the retail market....Just a thought...

PS. The default position should be that, if the Olsen's are doing, supporting or in anyway involved with a thing, you should stick your fingers in your ears and walkaway doing the "la la la la la la la la la " thing....Just a thought...
  • gcpajunen 2012/06/30 17:28:42
    Team Olsen
    gcpajunen
    +1
    Free country. Don't like it then go to China.
  • Patric 2012/06/30 17:10:43
    Team Olsen
    Patric
    +6
    what I find interesting ...

all the liberal outrage that there is a fur bag , and the vulgar , rude comments about ripping the life out of a poor defenseless animal..

and those same " protectors of the defenseless " will stand on top of their liberal soap box
    and defend to the death of an unborn baby riped out the womb of a " it is my body " girl.

seems a little hypocrite to me... kill a baby OK.. fur bag .. BAD...

where do these people get their standards from ? just who is their role model ?

JUST WHAT ARE THEY SMOKING ????
  • tlee Patric 2012/07/02 01:12:41
    tlee
    +2
    best comment yet,a tip of the hat to you for using facts that cannot be disputed!.
  • cc 2012/06/30 17:07:09
    Team Olsen
    cc
    Knowing PETA and their ways, I'll almost always take the side of the consumer. They want to control and regulate every animal and Human Society on the planet. No THANKS~!

As for the Olsen twins, they need to get a job, get a life, and frankly that backpack is butt ugly and a waste of money and a perfectly good animal.
    Those girls just need to find a nice dress, or some jeans and t-shirts and do something worthwhile.

Their vacant desperate plea for attention says it all though. PETA can't fix that either.
  • pops 2012/06/30 17:02:22
    Team Olsen
    pops
    People eating tasty animals used the fur for something sustaining for years even centuries.
  • ☠ Tħε ☣ Øиe ☠ 2012/06/30 16:50:56
  • Wolverineland 2012/06/30 16:48:43 (edited)
    Team Olsen
    Wolverineland
    Team Olsen. you got it dude
  • ☠ Tħε ☣... Wolveri... 2012/06/30 17:02:45 (edited)
    ☠ Tħε ☣ Øиe ☠
    +2
    they were stupid, untallented, and ugly as little girls and still are now. now they look like worn, ragged out, sluts. not an ugly little girl like they used to.
  • Wolveri... ☠ Tħε ☣... 2012/06/30 17:05:54
    Wolverineland
    Thank you for sharing.
  • ☠ Tħε ☣... Wolveri... 2012/06/30 18:08:37
    ☠ Tħε ☣ Øиe ☠
    +2
    just being honest
  • ✿Britt ... ☠ Tħε ☣... 2012/06/30 19:01:46
    ✿Britt ❤'s Steven Tyler✿
    +1
    they went from stupid kids to trachy drug using whores, you are right on the money baby. screw them skanks. ^_^
  • Duane Freemantle 2012/06/30 16:42:56
    Team Olsen
    Duane Freemantle
    +1
    PETA continues to live in the mythical world. The ethical treatment of animals is one thing, what PETA is advocating is something more radical.
  • ✿Britt ❤'s Steven Tyler✿ 2012/06/30 16:38:04
    Team PETA
    ✿Britt ❤'s Steven Tyler✿
    +6
    fur clothes is assinine. why in the world would people spport that?!?! that is a living creature being killed just so some jack ass can wear its skin and call it a fashion statement

2014/10/31 10:57:50