PETA Rips 'Trollsen Twins' for $17,000 Fur Backpack: Are You on Team PETA or Team Olsen?

The Olsen twins have created another unbelievably expensive backpack -- and this time, they've managed to incur the wrath of PETA. The People for Ethical Treatment of Animals slammed the "Trollsen Twins" for the almost $17,000 fur backpack they designed for their fashion line, The Row.

"If it looks like a troll and acts like a troll, it's probably a Trollsen Twin -- or someone wearing one of their new $16,000 totes, which are made from the fur and skins of innocent animals," PETA said in a statement to E! News. "What the Olsens lack in creativity, they try to make up for in shock value. Sadly, it's the foxes, calves, and alligators -- who often have the fur ripped off them while they are still conscious and able to feel pain -- who pay the dearest price."

Despite the price -- and the pain -- stylist-to-the-stars Rachel Zoe called the accessory "next season's staple item." We're not sure how many schoolkids can afford an almost $17,000 backpack, but we guess they're out there ... Do you think PETA was too hard on the Olsen twins? Or right on the money?

• wysiwis 2012/07/02 01:23:39
    Team Olsen
    wysiwis
    +2
    I'm for anyone that pisses off PETA!
  • sick'n'tired PWCM 2012/07/01 22:19:28
    Team Olsen
    sick'n'tired PWCM
    +3
    Billionaires at a young age. Living life the way they want. Good for them. Screw PETA and everything about them.
  • Steve 2012/07/01 20:31:37
    Team PETA
    Steve
    +2
    Only because a $17,000 backpack is an ostentatious display of wealth. Hell, that's almost half of what I owe on student loans. But animals are tasty and leather looks good.
  • Kibbles Steve 2012/07/02 02:34:15
    Kibbles
    Good on ya mate, meat is great.
  • cinbadl 2012/07/01 20:09:37
  • Rio 2012/07/01 19:50:51
    Team PETA
    Rio
    +1
    Olsens you have some nerve-- all that freakin money you've sucked out of people since your cute little pudgy faces hit the scene of "full house". You could have fur created and yet you have to have the real thing. $17,000.00 was not enough .
  • the_old_coach 2012/07/01 19:24:16
    Team Olsen
    the_old_coach
    +2
    Thanks again for nothing! GIVE US A THIRD OPTION!

PETA needs to get a grip. Not everyone believes the way they do. They seriously need to stop proselytizing and find other ways of getting their point across.

The Olsen girls are rich 1%ers who don't give a crap for common people, "...stylist-to-the-stars Rachel Zoe called the accessory "next season's staple item." We're not sure how many schoolkids can afford an almost $17,000 backpack, but we guess they're out there ..." and didn't need to make this rerehensible item.
  • Rio the_old... 2012/07/01 19:52:46 (edited)
    Rio
    although i agree on the options-- i think you miss the point- this in not about your belief or my belief this is about the protection and treatment of animals who can't defend themselves against the biggest predator of all.
  • the_old... Rio 2012/07/01 20:22:23
    the_old_coach
    +5
    I'm all for protecting animals, lady, but understand this: YOU use a dozen items per day that involve the use of animals in some way, whether from make-up, clothing, food additive, shoe, belt...something...even if you are vegetarian or vegan, so please don't get all holier-than-thou on ME.

I am a meat-eater. I hunt deer and elk. I fish. I go eat at a steak house from time to time and I also engage in grilling and cooking at home. The common connection? MEAT. ANIMALS. FOWL. FISH.

In my opinion, if you take care of the animals like you are supposed to, I have no problem with "farming" or "ranching" ANY animal for it's fur, hide, meat, or by-products. "The biggest predator of all?" The most successful as well.

Go hate your humanity with someone else because I DO NOT MISS THE POINT.
  • Kibbles the_old... 2012/07/02 02:36:23
    Kibbles
    +1
    What do you hunt, I'm curious, I wish to hunt someday as well but first I need to find the proper state. I want to be able to hunt food when I'm older, would make me appreciate my food more.
  • the_old... Kibbles 2012/07/02 16:47:46
    the_old_coach
    +1
    Deer and elk.
  • Rio the_old... 2012/07/02 05:10:00
    Rio
    Holier than thou? BAH. that is a laugh considering I am agnostic ;)
    now now, i am sure you feel better since you told me off. I am against the abuse of animals in as much as; i do not believe in the "senseless" misuse and abuse. FOR your information I am critical of what I buy and where I buy it. Do I know for certain that the products I am buying are not produced or procured in a misleading manner? --Perhaps. Never did I say that you should not eat meat--- OR did I say that it is wrong. SO- the thorny crown belongs to you I believe Mr. old. In addition- this is public space and I can choose to hate or love humanity when and how i choose to. Missing the point is what I said and I stand by it--- you are confusing the ideal of senseless abuse and misuse with the way of life which is not at all what I stand against. In a nut shell; we are not as far apart as you think on this issue. killing animals for rich princesses to have a furry backpacks an injustice. If this were an Inuit in the Arctic who needed a fur coat to survive; and not shelling out thousands of $$$ just to look good in it-- OK? I question the successful bit- as the world is falling apart.
  • the_old... Rio 2012/07/02 16:49:28
    the_old_coach
    Feel better now?
  • Rio the_old... 2012/07/02 20:31:04
    Rio
    well yes, yes i do, thank you. :)
  • Rude Bitch 2012/07/01 18:33:57
    Team Olsen
    Rude Bitch
    as nasty/creepy as those twins are
  • HearnoEvil 2012/07/01 18:13:26 (edited)
    Team Olsen
    HearnoEvil
    +1
    Tell Peta to f-off.. I don't give a flippin rip what they or anyone else wears for that matter. To bad for Peta, that it's just their opinion.. :)
  • superangrymonkey 2012/07/01 17:42:10
  • Kibbles superan... 2012/07/02 02:36:45
    Kibbles
    with a capital F.
  • RoyJLores 2012/07/01 17:31:09
    Team Olsen
    RoyJLores
    +1
    I don't condone the use of fur but PETA is nothing more than a group of hypocritical sleazebags whose sad excuse for animal shelters boasts the highest kill ratio of the animals unlucky to land in those deathcamps.
  • Claybern 2012/07/01 17:23:07
    Team Olsen
    Claybern
    +4
    PETA, People Eating Tasty Animals.
  • Kibbles Claybern 2012/07/02 02:37:25
    Kibbles
    Animals are tasty aren't they, also if your profile pic is accurate, great mustache.
  • Anariashki 2012/07/01 16:52:16
    Team PETA
    Anariashki
    Even though I have my problems with PETA on other issues, I'm with them on this one.
  • bluelady 2012/07/01 15:09:08
    Team Olsen
    bluelady
    +3
    thebag is stupid and ugly...but so is Peta...if the Olsens dont get a lot of orders for the bag, they will stop making it, so I think its a self limiting thing...and Peta is just too whacked
  • The Mosher 2012/07/01 15:08:29
  • shansera 2012/07/01 15:03:16
    Team PETA
    shansera
    +1
    Team PETA all the way. If you like the look of fur, there is plenty of good quality faux fur out there. Breeding/trapping animals just to be killed for their fur is plain wrong.
  • shansera shansera 2012/07/01 15:08:18
    shansera
    Before anyone jumps on my back, I should say Im Team Animal, not PETA. They go way to far sometimes.
  • Kibbles shansera 2012/07/02 02:38:18
    Kibbles
    Now let's say I kill a deer and use its meat, then I'm all good if I use the fur too right?
  • JackoClubs Kibbles 2012/07/02 12:43:48
    JackoClubs
    Probably not; about 10 years or so ago, they came here, to the upper Ohio Valley, right before deer season. They went around eastern OH, western PA and northern WV, drugging deer and putting orange vests (emblazoned with "PETA") on them, the idea being that hunters wouldn't shoot anything in an orange vest, because it might be a fellow hunter.
    Well, it backfired on them. Badly. We had a record hunt here, that year, obviously because the vests made the deer easier to see.
    Hunters were sending cards, letters and e-mails to PETA, thanking them for their help in making it such a good year. So, once again the axiom is proven:

"Liberalism always generates the exact opposite of its stated intent."--Jim Quinn
  • Kibbles JackoClubs 2012/07/02 19:36:20
    Kibbles
    Funny how they didn't see that coming, I can't imagine what they were thinking. They probably thought hunters were gun toting idiots who shoot from the hip. Can't believe the wouldn't realize that hunters take a close look at what they're gonna shoot.
  • JackoClubs Kibbles 2012/07/02 19:57:53
    JackoClubs
    They're liberals; to them, anybody who owns a gun for any reason is a redneck; a toothless, inbred hick with tobacco jucie staining his/her lips and chin.
  • Kibbles JackoClubs 2012/07/02 19:59:29
    Kibbles
    +1
    So that would suggest I'm under their radar until I get a gun, sweet.
  • LdyLeo 2012/07/01 14:38:20
    Team Olsen
    LdyLeo
    +2
    Puck FETA! domestic terrorists!
  • JackoClubs 2012/07/01 13:56:59 (edited)
    Team Olsen
    JackoClubs
    +4
    The fact that a $17,000 backpack is just stupid, aside.....
    Screw PETA.
    If they want their consciences to be clear, let them buy synthetic everything---which, by the by, is bad for the environment, because of all the chemicals and processes employed. Just don't try to tell the rest of us what we should do. But then, that's what liberals do, right?
  • donna.nichols.90 2012/07/01 12:56:31
    Team Olsen
    donna.nichols.90
    +3
    I think the bag is stupid BUT..having dealt with PETA and their minions I know what they are like. AND they have killed animals to 'get their point across'. Their tactics are a money raiser, and you will find that almost NONE of their money goes to actually help animals but in the pockets of lobbyists, board members and advertising.
  • Anonymous 2012/07/01 12:36:40
    Team PETA
    Anonymous
    +1
    As a vegetarian, I wish sever pain on anyone who buys fur. It's disgusting and cruel.
  • Kibbles Anonymous 2012/07/02 02:39:00
    Kibbles
    +1
    Now lets say we eat the meat too, still disgusting and cruel?
  • Villa n... Kibbles 2012/07/02 20:54:53 (edited)
    Villa nilla
    It's the way it is processed. In a cruel, inhumane manner. Fur is disgusting. There is no use for wearing fur in this day of age. and mass production of animals for you to eat is also unnecessary.
  • Kibbles Villa n... 2012/07/02 21:09:02
    Kibbles
    Hell I think fur could still be useful, just think, at one point society is gonna crumble, hell I may have less moral points in some peoples eyes but hey, I'm warm.
  • JackoClubs Anonymous 2012/07/02 13:45:00
    JackoClubs
    Ah, farness and compassion...thy name is Liberal.
  • MorbidCynic 2012/07/01 12:06:32
    Team Olsen
    MorbidCynic
    +2
    I'm not a fan but PETA is just plain pathetic and crazy.

2014/11/25 01:57:14