People Born With Extra Toes & Fingers
- 2009/07/16 18:52:33
- Read all 48 opinions
Polydactyly or polydactylism is the condition when a lifeform is born with extra toes or fingers and, even though most of the time this results in a useless appendage with no bones, sometimes subjects are born with fully formed extra digits. Polydactylism has been observed in mammals, reptiles, and amphibians and is thought to be caused by mutations in single genes, not heredity (meaning that anyone can give birth to a child with polydactylism). The odds of being born with the condition are only one in five-hundred meaning that everyone probably knows at least one person with a little something extra.
- Soccer Will Lead U.S. Into Socialism? [VIDEO]
- Zipper Tongue: Real Or Fake?
- An Obama Musical Power Team To Take On BP?
- Adrien Brody's Day Off [VIDEO] - Is Comedy Changing?
- Ain't That A Kick In The Shin: Would You Play This Painful Sport?
Hot Questions on SodaHead
More Hot Questions