Parents Forget Three-Year-Old Child at Chuck-E-Cheese, And Find Out About It On The Evening News. ARE THESE THE DUMBEST PARENTS ON EARTH?

Tigger Too 2012/03/07 06:35:06
YES, losing your kid is a pretty dumb move.
NO, losing your kid happens sometimes.

Parents of a three-year-old girl had some explaining to do after they forgot their daughter at a Chuck-E-Cheese and did not realize it until they saw her picture on the evening news. The girl, named Harmony, was left behind at the theme restaurant in Bel Air, Maryland, after she attended a large party with her parents. According to a report from the Sheriff's Office, both of Harmony's parents, who share custody, assumed the girl had gone home with other relatives.

A restaurant manager alerted sheriff's deputies around 8 p.m. that the girl had been left alone after Harmony approached a staff member to say she was thirsty. Unable to locate the little girl's parents, the deputies asked the local news media to put Harmony's picture on the evening news. Shortly after Harmony's picture showed up on the 11 p.m. newscast, multiple phone calls came into the Sheriff's Office, including calls from the girl's parents. After police determined that the child's abandonment was inadvertent, Child Protective Services released her to her mother, and no charges are expected to be filed.

ARE THESE THE DUMBEST PARENTS ON EARTH?

• wolfshadow 2012/03/07 13:25:47 (edited)
    NO, losing your kid happens sometimes.
    wolfshadow
    +3
    They probably are not the DUMBEST parents in the world... we have plenty of examples of parents that are more stupid... like the ones that put kids in washing machines or microwaves or somehow drop them between a bed and a wall or roll on top of a 2 month old child while sleeping with them.... those parents would certainly be more dumb.

And Mom and Dad not being together, makes it understandable that there could be confusion on who is taking her where... but... they are still dumb as hell for not making sure.

Also you left out key factors... Mom and Dad are not together and both thought that the other or a family member was taking the child home. It was clearly a lack of communication but it wasn't a clear cut lets leave the kid here or whoops where did we leave the baby. No one was worried and no one reported her missing because everyone in the family thought she was with someone else in the family.

• Anca 2012/03/07 22:19:26
    Anca
    +1
    dumb?! it's a very serious thing, they sould be reported!
  • Tigger Too Anca 2012/03/11 21:26:20
    Tigger Too
    I agree that this story could have had a tragic ending. What if some pervert had picked up this little kid before help came? Thanks for your response, Anca!
  • Anca Tigger Too 2012/03/12 16:01:46
    Anca
    +1
    there are so many couples that would whant a kid but for some reason they can't and these two forget theyr own in some restaurant... it's so unfair.the worst thing is that they didn't realised it till someone told them.
  • Fran-Halen 2012/03/07 21:25:30
    Fran-Halen
    +1
    Parent's of the year? Candidates anyway.... How, WTF?
  • Tigger Too Fran-Halen 2012/03/11 21:28:08
    Tigger Too
    +1
    Since the parents are separated and share custody of the little girl, I'm sure they're both pointing their fingers at each other for this monumental mistake. Thanks for your response, fretsticfrankie!
  • Sodaz56 2012/03/07 21:05:53
    Sodaz56
    +1
    Don't you go to chuck e cheese for your kids?! I mean do you put you're kids in a
    car seat. Wouldn't they make some ?! You should at least help kids under 8 to get out of a car!!!! IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Tigger Too Sodaz56 2012/03/11 21:30:04
    Tigger Too
    I just can't believe that two people would BOTH be stupid enough to forget their child and leave the poor thing at Chuck-E-Cheese. They're just lucky this was a happy ending, and not a tragic one. Dumbasses. Thanks for your comments, Sodaz56!
  • Flowers 2012/03/07 15:27:36
    Flowers
    +1
    BUT I could see this happening as an accident. I fear this as a parent who shares custody with a VERY incompetent ex. So, I annoy him but not assuming anything. Hey, it keeps my kid safe when she isn't with me and annoys the hell out of him in the process. DOUBLE YAY! lol
  • Tigger Too Flowers 2012/03/11 21:34:36
    Tigger Too
    +1
    One of the (few) good things I can say about my ex-husband is that he was responsible where my son was concerned. I can remember one time when my kid and I were eating at Pizza Hut, and we were sitting right up front, by the cash register. I got up to pay for our meal, and my son says, "Mom, you can't just leave me sitting here! Somebody might STEAL me!" It's a shame that we have to instill fear in our children, but nowadays, it's better to be safe than sorry! Thanks for sharing, Flowers, and I hope you're doing well!
  • Flowers Tigger Too 2012/03/12 03:49:43
    Flowers
    +1
    It's really is sad that they have to be scared like that. I'm doing great, thanks sweetie.
  • Tigger Too Flowers 2012/03/15 17:32:30
    Tigger Too
    +1
    I probably should add that, at the age of 3, if somebody had kidnapped my son, they would have paid us $10,000 to take him back after about a half hour. He was one BAD little boy! Glad things are going great for you, my friend!
  • Stonecipher 2012/03/07 15:24:14
    Stonecipher
    +1
    How could they forget their child? Their reasoning not good enough. A mother should checked and re-checked to make sure her child is in safe hands.
  • Tigger Too Stoneci... 2012/03/11 21:35:53
    NO, losing your kid happens sometimes.
    wolfshadow
    +3

• Flowers wolfshadow 2012/03/07 15:29:37
    Flowers
    +3
    you would think the other parent would say good bye to the child as they were leaving the restaurant/party ya know? I always give my little one a kiss and hug before I hand her over
  • wolfshadow Flowers 2012/03/07 22:09:42
    wolfshadow
    +3
    They might have done that and the person (aunt/uncle whoever) that was supposed to take them forgot them.... The fact that childrens services gave the kid back and the Sheriffs dept is dropping the issue tells me they have more information then we do...
  • Latti I... wolfshadow 2012/03/07 15:32:37
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +2
    Great post.
  • Tigger Too wolfshadow 2012/03/11 21:44:36
    Tigger Too
    +1
    I'm not sure I agree with some of what you said. Wherever one's children are concerned, THEY should be the center of attention, especially the three-year-old girl in this case. The fact that mom and dad are separated doesn't mitigate their carelessness. When my son was little, if my ex-husband and I took him somewhere together, we ALWAYS knew who was taking him home. I just think that perhaps this little girl's parents are too self-centered to keep track of their own kid. Can you imagine how frightened little Harmony must have been, being left alone at a huge, busy restaurant? Thank goodness somebody took notice when the poor thing approached them asking for a drink because she was thirsty, and then they reported it to the manager. And thank God the person she walked up to wasn't a perverted killer!

I totally agree with you that the stupidity exhibited by these two dumbasses are nothing when compared to what some other parents do to their children. If a person isn't going to be loving and responsible enough to care for their kids, then they have no business having them. It's easy to procreate, but difficult to be a real parent.

Thanks for sharing your views, wolfshadow. I haven't seen you around for awhile, and I hope you're doing swell, my friend!
  • wolfshadow Tigger Too 2012/03/12 15:37:06
    wolfshadow
    +1
    We don't know that Mom and Dad did take those precautions.. perhaps Aunt sally (made that name up) was the one that was supposed to take her home and forgot. Like I said, the fact that Childrens Services and the Sheriffs Department consider it a closed issue makes me think we don't have the whole story. But on another note... I heard on the news this weekend, near Houston a mother of 9 left one of her kids at Chuck E. Cheese and didn't notice the kid missing until the next morning... she doesn't have anyone to put the blame on, just said she has so many she lost track.... CPS will most likely help her cull the herd so that doesn't happen again.

Fighting the flu still... but good seeing you too.
  • Tigger Too wolfshadow 2012/03/15 17:38:39
    Tigger Too
    +1
    I saw that on the news, too! There seems to be an epidemic of parents leaving their kids at Chuck-E-Cheese's these days! I suppose that in today's fast-paced world, when people are so busy 24/7/365, it may in fact be possible to forget one's child, especially if they thought someone ELSE had them. I only have one son, so I can't imagine having a passel of kids to look after!

I'm sorry to hear you're down with the flu. I got a flu shot this year, and it's actually working (so far!). Hall's makes these Vitamin C drops. They're in the cough drops aisle, but they're citrus-flavored. Anyway, I eat two of those every day, and I haven't had a cold or the flu in over two years! I'll send you a bill later for the medical advice! [haha] Seriously, dude, I hope you get to feeling better soon. Spring is almost here!
  • wolfshadow Tigger Too 2012/03/16 22:06:40
    wolfshadow
    +1
    Thanks.
  • Just Another Girl (5) 2012/03/07 09:03:23
    Just Another Girl (5)
    +1
    I picked this because the other answers kinda sucked

Losing a child happens, and it happens to even the best of parents. That really isn't the issue with this story. The issue is these parents left the restaurant WITHOUT THEIR CHILD and they left WITHOUT KNOWING EXACTLY WHERE SHE WAS. Any parent that would do that doesn't deserve to have their child
  • Tigger Too Just An... 2012/03/11 21:46:46
    Tigger Too
    Yes, this incident makes me wonder if these two idiots have forgotten their child BEFORE, and this is just the first time they got caught being careless. Thanks for your comments, Tara!
  • Doreen 2012/03/07 08:38:12
    Doreen
    +1
    ASSUMED? You never "assume" with a child. You make sure by speaking and making plans with others before handing your child over yet they "assumed' that she was with relatives. These parents are stupid.
  • Tigger Too Doreen 2012/03/11 21:50:48
    Tigger Too
    +1
    I agree. When my son was little and was going home with someone other than me, I was ALWAYS sure that I kissed him and waved goodbye and made certain that he was with the appropriate friend or relative before I let him out of my sight. This story COULD have had a tragic ending. Thanks for your comments, Doreen!
  • Stef and the City 2012/03/07 07:58:20
    Stef and the City
    +1
    It was 11 pm before her parents noticed her missing? A 3 year old should be in bed by that time. These parents sound awful. They are either drug abusers or purposely left her there then freaked out when she appeared on the news out of fear of getting in trouble. I think that CFS should look further into this and her family. If they don't want or care about her enough to notice she was missing then maybe she should be with another family who will. Stories like this and many others sicken me to my core!
  • wolfshadow Stef an... 2012/03/07 13:28:33
    wolfshadow
    +3
    This story left some of the facts out. Mom and Dad are NOT together and both thought the other was taking the child or that another relative was. It's not a case of Mom and Dad going home together and not inventorying their children. What they did by not communicating was stupid but no one KNEW she wasn't home because everyone thought she was with someone else in the family.
  • Stef an... wolfshadow 2012/03/07 21:43:42
    Stef and the City
    +2
    Okay, thanks for filling me in! This story left out some very important facts then. That girl will never let her parents live this down, she'll milk them for whatever she can once she's old enough to understand what happened lol.
  • Tigger Too Stef an... 2012/03/11 21:55:58
    Tigger Too
    +1
    The article said that the parents are separated and thus share custody. I agree with your point that it's unbelievable that NEITHER of the parents realized their little girl was missing until they saw it on the 11 o'clock news. They're just lucky that the person their daughter approached wasn't some perverted killer. Can you imagine how frightened she must have been? Somehow, I think these two dumbasses were too concerned about themselves to make sure little Harmony was left with the appropriate friend or relative. Thanks for your response, Stefandthecity!
  • Caitlin Keim Brazeal 2012/03/07 06:44:27
    Caitlin Keim Brazeal
    +1
    okay, many parents lose their kids. but they have the sense to look for them before just assuming crap! who knows what could have happened to her..
  • Tigger Too Caitlin... 2012/03/11 21:56:32
    Tigger Too
    Thanks for your comments, Caitlin!
  • Tudie BN 2012/03/07 06:41:29
    Tudie BN
    +2
    They must have been playing on the toys themselves ...was they teenagers ?
  • Tigger Too Tudie BN 2012/03/11 21:57:00
    Tigger Too
    +1
    Some people just shouldn't reproduce! Thanks for your response, Tudie!
  • greatwhyte2 2012/03/07 06:36:53
    greatwhyte2
    +2
    what the heck were they smoken
  • Tigger Too greatwh... 2012/03/11 21:57:32
    Tigger Too
    +1
    Such stupidity DOES make one wonder... Thanks for your response, greatwhyte2!

2014/11/22 11:42:54