Our New 'Pledge Of Allegiance'

zbacku 2012/06/16 18:03:52
Care To Comment?
What Do You Think?

Since the Pledge of Allegiance
And
The Lord's Prayer
Are not allowed in most
Public schools anymore
Because the word 'God' is mentioned.....
A kid in Arizona wrote the attached
NEW School prayer:
"New Pledge of Allegiance"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now I sit me down in school
Where praying is against the rule
For this great nation under God
Finds mention of Him very odd.
If scripture now the class recites,
It violates the Bill of Rights.
And anytime my head I bow
Becomes a Federal matter now.
Our hair can be purple, orange or green,
That's no offense; it's a freedom scene..
The law is specific, the law is precise.
Prayers spoken aloud are a serious vice.
For praying in a public hall
Might offend someone with no faith at all..
In silence alone we must meditate,
God's name is prohibited by the state.
We're allowed to cuss and dress like freaks,
And pierce our noses, tongues and cheeks...
They've outlawed guns, but FIRST the Bible.
To quote the Good Book makes me liable.
We can elect a pregnant Senior Queen,
And the 'unwed daddy,' our Senior King.
It's 'inappropriate' to teach right from wrong,
We're taught that such 'judgments' do not belong..
We can get our condoms and birth controls,
Study witchcraft, vampires and totem poles ..
But the Ten Commandments are not allowed,
No word of God must reach this crowd.
It's scary here I must confess,
When chaos reigns the school's a mess.
So, Lord, this silent plea I make:
Should I be shot; My soul please take!
Amen

• Gunner 2012/06/16 19:48:13
    What Do You Think?
    Gunner
    +3
    This new Pledge is so much the truth of the matter these days. The unpatriotic naysayers, liberal zealots, atheists, etc. can angrily continue all the verbal diahhrea they want until they are blue in the face, they can't take away my belief in God and my love of our country.

• Christine/Rest in peace Pet... 2012/06/17 06:02:50 (edited)
    What Do You Think?
    Christine/Rest in peace Peter Br
    An excellent observation and wonderful way of words. Another observation is that It is okay for kids to belong to gangs, but against the rules to have a bible club.
  • Bozette 2012/06/16 22:16:17
    What Do You Think?
    Bozette
  • Metaldane 2012/06/16 21:25:31 (edited)
    What Do You Think?
    Metaldane
    +1
    One that's not true as both can be said. Two your "new" prayer has been around for a long time I think the first copy was made back in the nineties so you may want to actually fact check that. Also prayer from any religion is allowed at all times on school property except it may not be sponsored by the school and it may not be done on stage with a mic forcing everyone to hear otherwise prayer is fine that's just another made up claim some use.
  • Zuggi 2012/06/16 20:19:50
    Care To Comment?
    Zuggi
    +1
    The Pledge is certainly allowed, and often used.

The Lord's Prayer is not allowed to be sponsored by the school, but a child can pray whenever they feel like it.
  • Gunner 2012/06/16 19:48:13
    What Do You Think?
    Gunner
    +3
  • Steve Russel 2012/06/16 18:27:08
    Care To Comment?
    Steve Russel
    +1
    I'm agnostic, because I am rational.
    I would die or kill you, to protect liberty.
    Your religion has no place, in the schools, as long as my tax dollars are funding them.
    Put your brats in a private religulous school if it means that much to you.
    http://triadstrategies.typepa...
  • Tennessean Steve R... 2012/06/16 20:18:39 (edited)
    Tennessean
    +2
    The pledge of allegiance should be a school opener in every school in this nation, as it was in the past.

I would bet you have no problem receiving or spending the money with in God we trust on it though.
  • Steve R... Tennessean 2012/06/16 20:21:32
    Steve Russel
    +1
    I disagree. Schools should focus on readin' writin' and 'rithmetic. Nothing more, nothing less.
  • Metaldane Tennessean 2012/06/16 21:29:26
    Metaldane
    In the past the pledge did not feel it needed to mention god when honoring our country.
  • Tennessean Metaldane 2012/06/17 00:29:02
    Tennessean
    +1
    True the pledge did not originally include one nation under God, but just becuse it was added does not make it any less patrotic to recite it.
  • Metaldane Tennessean 2012/06/17 00:41:07
    Metaldane
    Actually it does because it puts religion in a non religious place, our founding fathers founded a secular government where religion was to not be involved in even the smallest matters the fact that our pledge which all citizens should be proud to say now forces a religious ideal into the matter is wrong it's offensive to those who are non religious, those who believe in many gods, and those who wish religion to be a personal matter not a public one. I get the reason why it was added the government wanted to assure the people they weren't anti religion as their opponents in the cold war were but they did it in the wrong way.
  • Tennessean Metaldane 2012/06/17 02:50:36
    Tennessean
    Maybe you should re-read the 1st amendment because it states, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise therefor;"

As far as I can see, having "under God" in the pledge of aligence in no way is Congress making a law respecting religion.

As far as I know the pledge has nothing to do with any law passed by Congress.

Also what religion does "under God" establish?
  • Metaldane Tennessean 2012/06/17 03:34:39
    Metaldane
    It's showing respect towards the belief of a god that itself is showing favor of one belief over another it'd be like adding instead of god or under gods or under nature in the pledge how would you feel about having that in the pledge? also the religion its establishing in that phrase is any religion with one god ex Islam, Christianity, etc which is merely one of many philospopchocal beliefs pertaining to deities.
  • Tennessean Metaldane 2012/06/17 14:49:33
    Tennessean
    As I posted above, how is including the words, "under God" in the pledge of allegence Congress making a law respecdting religion, because as far as I know the adding of that phrase was not a law passed by Congress.
  • Metaldane Tennessean 2012/06/17 17:49:11
    Metaldane
    No it was added in the fifties during the whole evil commie scare and they put that in their to try showing the public they cared about religion unlike the "reds". Now I never said it's a law respecting a certain religion your the one that brought that issue up I'm saying it doesn't need to be in their be as the pledge itself is supposed to able to be said by all citizens representing their loyalty to the republic, however as they added under god to the pledge it now only represents those that beleive in one deity forcing everyone else to choose between not saying the pledge or going against their beliefs both of which are wrong. Before you say well they could omit that part of the pledge they shouldn't have to if someone who wants to add that to it fine let them but the official pledge need not mention gods as it should represent all citizens.
  • Tennessean Metaldane 2012/06/17 18:23:53
    Tennessean
    Even though it was added in the fifties in lieu of by the original founding fathers, they also believed that the government could not function without God.

"The highest glory of the American Revolution was this - that it connected, in one indissoluble bond, the principles of civil government with the principles of Christianity." - John Quincy Adams

"The Bible is the cornerstone of liberty. A student's perusal of the sacred volume will make him a better citizen, a better father, a better husband." - Thomas Jefferson

"We have staked the future of American civilization upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

"It can not be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians, not on religions but on the gospel of Jesus Christ." - Patrick Henry

"Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed the conviction that these liberties are the gift of God?" - Thomas Jefferson

"Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almight God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly implore His protection and favor." - George Washington

"Our constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wh...

"Our constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

"Providence has given to our people the choice of their rulers, and it is the duty, as well as the privilege and interest of our Christian nation to select and prefer Christians for their rulers." _ John Jay (America's first Supreme Court Chief Justice and Co-Author of the Federalist Papers) October 12, 1816

These quotes show that the founders believed that this country needed God to be sucessful, so I have no problem with the addition of '' under God' being added to the pledge of allegence, and fail to understand why it would be in conflict with the first amendment., since Congress did not make a law respecting religion.
  • Metaldane Tennessean 2012/06/17 18:45:03
    Metaldane
    Funny because the John Adams our second present and a founding father along with a unanimous vote by congress passed the treaty of tripoli that states we are in no way a Christian nation. Also I love how your avoiding making an argument agaisnt the fact that it doesn't represent everyone therefore not allowing all citizens to say it which is what it's supposed to be for.
    Treaty of tripoli
  • Tennessean Metaldane 2012/06/17 22:19:13
    Tennessean
    You do realize that the Treaty of Tripoli was just a a political ploy don't you.

As I posted it was not a law enacted by Congress that established a religion, so it does not violate the 1st amendment, no matter if everyone agrees or not, and I have not seen any sucessful challenge in the Supreme Court.
  • Metaldane Tennessean 2012/06/17 22:29:23
    Metaldane
    And if it was that just mean they're liars and shouldn't be thought of highly lol plus I live now not back in the 1700s. Also for gods sake no one is saying it's violating that I am saying it shouldn't be in there as it doesn't represent the all people who are supposed to be taking it must I use simpler words?
  • Tennessean Metaldane 2012/06/17 22:45:19
    Tennessean
    I do not believe you can find anything that everyone would agree on, or would represent everyone, so that argument does not hold water.

The subject was to coment on the "new" pledge, and I believe the kid did a good job of it.
  • 666_Maggots~I'm a female! 2012/06/16 18:18:32
    Care To Comment?
    666_Maggots~I'm a female!
    +1
    Meh... It's still as sucky as the other, that's why I just put my hand on my heart and stare at the flag like everyone else in the morning during homeroom.
  • zbacku 666_Mag... 2012/06/16 20:21:02
    zbacku
    +1
    To see those like yourself growing up in a FREE Nation that was bought for by the lives of so many that gave their all to keep America FREE makes me sick to my stomach. I also know that soon we will not be a FREE Nation with Individual Liberty because the apathy shown by so many will cause us to collapse.

If you get to my age, remember your youth, because you will NOT have what you have now. Only slavery to the Tyranny of the government.
  • 666_Mag... zbacku 2012/06/16 20:23:33
    666_Maggots~I'm a female!
    +1
    I'm Not a Christian. I refuse to say under god. *Shrugs*

2014/10/23 05:12:40