Oreo's Gay Pride Cookie: Progressive or Inappropriate?

Here's a new way to celebrate Gay Pride Month -- eat an Oreo cookie. Kraft Foods posted a rainbow-colored, gay pride-themed picture of an Oreo cookie on Facebook on Monday, with the text: "June 25 | Pride" and "Proudly support love!" And while 217,816 Facebook users had "liked" the post as of Wednesday morning, others are calling for a boycott, Reuters reports.

Among the 35,535 comments, one person wrote: "By (sic) Oreo. I'll do my business elsewhere!" Another commenter said: "thought Oreos were a family cookie." But fans wrote things like, "Very glad to support a company like Oreo that joins the campaign for civil rights!"

Basil Maglaris, Kraft's associate director of corporate affairs, told Reuters: "As a company, Kraft Foods has a proud history of celebrating diversity and inclusiveness. We feel the Oreo ad is a fun reflection of our values." But you can't buy this Oreo at your local grocery store. The fine print under the picture reads: "Made with creme colors that do not exist."

• itscourtney8 2012/06/27 15:58:14 (edited)
    Progressive
    itscourtney8
    +31
    I really do applaud Oreos, I really don't get why people are getting upset. Those who are gay have fought as much as other minorities and still getting bad-mouthed and treated unequally. The idea is brilliant, yet sadly, I wish I could eat one :3 Also even though Oreo's is a family treat, I think the knowledge of diverse people such as the lgbt that are in the world is great for everyone of age in the family to know cause we are all one and equal. Homosexuals are just as sexual as straights, so everyone needs to stop being ignorant.

• rightagain The Pla... 2012/07/14 01:12:40
    rightagain
    children should mind their their manors and stay out of adult conversations. spanking bad child
  • The Pla... rightagain 2012/07/14 01:58:23
    The Platinum Wolves
    +2
    even grown ups can be idiots
    I think I am very welcome here considering that I am smarter than you.
    Dumb-ass Conservative.
  • purpleicecreamvan<3 2012/07/01 17:27:12
    Progressive
    purpleicecreamvan<3
    it's a great idea, i don't see what's inappropriate about showing your support for a group of people who just want to be treated as equals.
  • Keegan The Fabulous 2012/07/01 04:03:41
    Progressive
    Keegan The Fabulous
    +1
    It's a f---ing cookie. No one is forcing you to eat said cookie, no one is forcing you to touch it, and no one is even forcing you to look at the f---ing cookie. If you don't like the cookie, you can go as far away from it as you want. Stop torturing yourself by looking at a cookie that you don't like looking at.
  • socokid 2012/07/01 03:40:19 (edited)
    Progressive
    socokid
    +1
    A lot of religious people saying they will boycott Oreo for supporting homosexuals.

I wonder if we could get air to hop on the gay pride bandwagon?
  • Gabsters<3 2012/07/01 01:00:20
    Progressive
    Gabsters<3
    It looks so awesome but all that frosting is Gunna go directly to my hips c:
  • Vision of Verve 2012/07/01 00:52:31
  • Skye 2012/06/30 08:02:40
    Progressive
    Skye
    That's pretty cool.
  • thetruth 2012/06/30 07:43:52
    Inappropriate
    thetruth
    +6
    While we're at it, why not make a pedophile cookie? Or a polygamist brownie? I mean if we want to be prideful of perversion, why not? It's all tied together. Acceptance of perversion in main stream America ... good bye Biblical foundation and moral ethics.
  • Skye thetruth 2012/06/30 08:03:18
    Skye
    Oh wow.....
  • thetruth Skye 2012/06/30 08:04:42
    thetruth
    +1
    Interesting, please tell me more!! .. lol .. Silly child.
  • Skye thetruth 2012/07/01 02:54:56
    Skye
    +2
    I didn't want to waste too much time with it. I guess I am a silly child. :)
  • thetruth Skye 2012/07/03 18:39:56
    thetruth
    Well that explains it .. lol ..
  • Skye thetruth 2012/07/03 20:08:13
    Skye
    The real reason is because it was just too ridiculous, but I also didn't want to argue, plus I was tired, and offended, and all these emotions going on that day. I simply said oh wow, because I didn't want to argue, but I also wanted to show that I disagree, and how it was a bit ridiculous.
  • thetruth Skye 2012/07/03 20:26:57 (edited)
    thetruth
    You realize you were starting an argument by what you said right? Lets not be fake here. Typical Liberal. You all are so tolerant of everyone's beliefs and views unless a opposing view is spoken. Don't start something you don't want to finish. And you should realize this is an opinion site, don't type something you're not willing to see all the way through.

I was making an obvious wild rhetorical analogy with my original comment because of the ridiculousness of the article, why can't you all see that? Accept anything and everything right? Homosexuality is perverted just like pedophilia is perverted, like polygamy is perverted. I'm not trying to legitimize the sexual abuse of children, or say people should have multiple wives, get real. I feel sad for your generation.

And nice to see you changed your "Sexual Orientation" .. lol .. Not confused anymore? ...
  • Skye thetruth 2012/07/03 21:00:24
    Skye
    +1
    Ok cool, you have your opinions I have mine. Good bye :).
  • thetruth Skye 2012/07/03 21:39:16
    thetruth
    =)
  • Blackberry thetruth 2012/06/30 13:16:37
  • thetruth Blackberry 2012/07/03 19:05:43
  • Blackberry thetruth 2012/07/03 22:03:38 (edited)
    Blackberry
    Please explain (from your original post), with empirical evidence how homosexuality is a perversion, and how America is a theocracy (since you stated we have a biblical foundation) . If you're able, please take a crack at the moral detriment of homosexuality also.
  • thetruth Blackberry 2012/07/03 23:08:13 (edited)
    thetruth
    Well, with your condescending tone, I hardly think anything I write will convince you of anything other than your own flawless opinion, or take that haughty chip off your shoulder. How honest you are in calling yourself "Apathetic." It's painfully clear you have or show little or no feeling or emotion : spiritless, having little or no interest or concern. Trying to convince an Atheist about God is like pushing a square peg through a round hole .. lol ..

Because if you don't think that the founding fathers that designed this country did it without God or the Bible in mind, you're not only delusional, you make excuses for the sake of your opinion and desires. My plum line is the Bible, something you are free not to live by, but I chose to do so, and in it says that the homosexual choice is an unnatural one, thus, immoral. But that's not good enough for you is it? That only helps you mock, and slander. Your "apathetic" not only towards politics but towards anyone that believes something different than you, so it's not an honest discussion you want, but an argument to state how right you are, and how wrong I am ... lol ... nailed it!

Two dudes sword fighting is just wrong, but I believe they have the right to chose anyone they want to be with, whats that to me who someone loves? It ...

Two dudes sword fighting is just wrong, but I believe they have the right to chose anyone they want to be with, whats that to me who someone loves? It doesn't effect where I'm going in the end, but I shouldn't have it shoved down my throat as if somehow all of a sudden it's normal, and scientifically proven, when it's not! You can't prove it is normal neither by scientific research data, or by Christian theology, it's only your opinion it's normal. Because it's obvious from birth that men and women are compatible, not only complimenting each other in emotions, but for reproduction ... can't say the same to two of the same sex. That's why it's statistically fact that homosexual have far more sexual relationships than heterosexual's, and can't reproduce, because they're not compatible.

Your very attitude sums up my picture to you. You are so tolerant of being gay, but not of those who oppose it. Your type loves to embrace Islam, but hates anything Christian. Typical.

it is impossible to govern without God and the Bible
  • Gabsters<3 thetruth 2012/07/01 01:02:32
    Gabsters<3
    +2
    Oh wow, how ironic it is that your name on here is "the truth"
  • thetruth Gabsters<3 2012/07/03 18:40:36
    thetruth
    Ummm ... ok.
  • David W... thetruth 2012/07/01 18:33:39
  • thetruth David W... 2012/07/03 18:40:20
    thetruth
    There's that delightful charm .. lol ..
  • Habibiti thetruth 2012/07/03 01:42:50
    Habibiti
    +1
    How dare you compare gays to pedophiles. That is not true.
  • thetruth Habibiti 2012/07/03 18:45:11
    thetruth
    Oh really? So homosexuality must be learned then right? My point was to speak to perversion smart guy, not to legitimize the sexual abuse of children. Jeesh you Liberals are so tolerant .. lol ..
  • Brendan... thetruth 2012/07/03 17:30:26
    Brendan Mcdonald
    Okay you think they are all the same gays and pedophiles....any sex really in your eyes must be the same so how about this....you talk to a gay man whos had sex see how he tells it.....then talk to a child whos been raped...get back to me when you figure out whats different between the two.
  • thetruth Brendan... 2012/07/03 18:43:39
    thetruth
    Take a pill dude ... it's an analogy of perversion so my statement is valid. If you want to be a professional sword fighter, prance away, but nothing in nature, nor science will tell you it's normal. So pose for more picture with your camera phone and chillax! lol
  • Brendan... thetruth 2012/07/04 05:12:29 (edited)
    Brendan Mcdonald
    Lol really why don't you do your research and see how many type of mammals show homosexual behavior. :) So you should really look at the real science not just what you want to see.
  • the-gre... thetruth 2012/07/04 03:33:01
    the-great-debate
    Why does it matter to you if there is "acceptance of perversion in main stream America"? You're obviously above all that.

Anyway, this "perversion," as you call it, is already present throughout mainstream media. Ellen Degeneres, Anderson Cooper. Television shows like How I Met Your Mother and Modern Family. JC Penny ads and Levi's jeans ads and Google ads.

By the way, "Acceptance of perversion in main stream America" is a lot like what conservative bigots sixty years ago were saying about interracial couples.
  • thetruth the-gre... 2012/07/18 00:37:26
    thetruth
    Why is it every time homosexuality comes up you people love to play the civil right card? ITS NOT THE SAME THING! People choose to be gay, in the sixties black people didn't ask to black. Boy, if you're going to chime in on everyone that you disagree with at least have a valid argument.

You know how you keep saying how much you disbelieve the Bible? Well, don't I have that same right to disagree with homosexuality? Seems not.

Show me one scientific study that proves people are born homosexual and I'll never say another bad word about that life style choice. Seeing as we need heterosexual people in order to keep the human race ALIVE seems the burden of proof falls on you. But, I'm sure all I'll get is more hostel, and condescending opinion won't I? Funny how the whole homosexual debate for pro=homo's is only an opinion and based on feelings rather than science. Funny also most of you try to justify it with Scripture but can't.

Sure, real funny ... or just plain ironically queer .. lol ..
  • thetruth the-gre... 2012/07/18 00:38:33
    thetruth
    And it matters because not every agrees with it "the great debate!" I dont need my children exposed to what I consider sexual perversion! Get a clue would ya! It's like banging my head against a wall with you people.
  • BUCCANEER~POTL~PWCM~JLA 2012/06/30 05:50:20
    Inappropriate
    BUCCANEER~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +4
    Vomito might be better
  • paul 2012/06/30 03:11:24 (edited)
    Progressive
    paul
    As long as we don't start seeing Gay Pride Hot Dogs .....I'm OK with cookies Hot dogs plain Hot dog single hot dog no bun
  • Gracie ~Gun Totin' Gracie~ 2012/06/30 01:16:59
    Inappropriate
    Gracie ~Gun Totin' Gracie~
    +9
    I'll have my oreos STRAIGHT,thank you.
  • Rodney Gracie ... 2012/06/30 01:41:45
    Rodney
    +5
    Oh Gracie, got to have that Moo Juice with them. LOL
  • Gracie ... Rodney 2012/06/30 02:14:11
    Gracie ~Gun Totin' Gracie~
    +4
    Of course we do, make it white milk. :)
  • Rodney Gracie ... 2012/06/30 02:22:09
    Rodney
    +4
    Another favorite of mine is canned pears with the juice and Oreo's. Something about pear juice soaked up into an Oreo just makes me smile.

2014/10/24 13:39:37