One Million Moms Upset About Two Women Kissing in Urban Outfitters Catalog: Totally Fine or 'Inappropriate'?

A photo of two young women kissing in the new Urban Outfitters catalog has upset One Million Moms. Well, not exactly one million moms, but the outspoken group that is "fed up with the filth many segments of our society, especially the entertainment media, are throwing at our children."

The group issued the following warning, according to The Advocate: "On page two of this catalog is a picture of two women kissing in a face holding embrace!" They're also urging their members to cancel their catalogs and threaten to shop elsewhere. "The ad and catalog are clearly geared toward teenagers," the group says. "The content is offensive and inappropriate for a teen who is the company's target customer."

True, Urban Outfitters is targeted at teens, but so are shows like "Glee," which have done so much for gay rights. One Million Moms previously failed to get Ellen DeGeneres fired as spokeswoman for JCPenney (because she is a lesbian). Do you think the group is right about this ad being "inappropriate"? Or do you think it's totally fine?

• cookie monster 2012/04/18 18:26:37 (edited)
    Totally fine
    cookie monster
    +31
    Some girls like other girls, not a big deal. Time to get over it. I'm a teenage girl, and this is nothing I haven't seen or done myself. I have friends that are lesbians & bisexual. It happens.

Go lesbians!!
    woooooooo

Edit: One of my best friends I have known since I was 4 years old is a lesbian and she & her girlfriend are perfect for each other.

• gracious43 macy 2012/06/08 08:08:31
    gracious43
    They are equally repellent, and if you don't think homosexuals go after young boys, then you haven't been keeping up with the current events of the day.

Prez Obama's "Safe School czar Kevin Jennings praised Harry Hay for his work in the homosexual community. Kevin Jennings also participated in Fistgate, a high-school event in which homosexual teachers taught high-school children graphic information about how to have homosexual acts.

But more to the point, Harry Hay, a spokesman for homosexually praises NAMBLA and wrote glowingly of his own molestation by an adult male when he was a boy.

harry hay walks with NAMBLA
  • macy gracious43 2012/06/18 04:13:54
    macy
    I know homosexuals cannot mate. I told you that fifty times. I said they are RELATED. You clearly aren't actually reading my comments.
  • macy macy 2012/06/18 04:16:08
    macy
    And I do grasp the concept, and you make judgements really quickly and are incredibly rude.
  • macy gracious43 2012/06/18 04:18:05
    macy
    If some homosexuals go after young boys, they are not only homosexuals but pedophiles. Anyone who goes after a child is a pedophile. Anyone who only is attracted to people of the same sex is homosexual. Homosexuals can be pedophiles, just as heterosexuals can be. If a child is involved, it should be illegal. Considering that in most homosexual relationships, a child is not involved, there is no reason for homosexuality to be illegal.
  • macy gracious43 2012/06/18 04:20:05
    macy
    Actually, I've proved it with logic about twenty times. You haven't been reading my comments (or else you haven't been understanding them).
  • macy gracious43 2012/06/18 04:21:41
    macy
    And you are also saying, "you can't prove it isn't a choice, so it's a choice." That isn't logical. If I can't prove something, that doesn't mean I have disproven it and since you are unable to prove that homosexuality is a choice then neither are proven.
  • macy gracious43 2012/06/18 04:23:50
    macy
    Yes, sexual CHOICES can be controlled. However, if being gay is a sexual "choice", then why is it that only an estimated 10% of the population has ever been attracted to the same gender?
  • gracious43 macy 2012/06/18 04:49:34
    gracious43
    Well then you haven't demonstrated that homosexuality is caused by hormones.
  • gracious43 macy 2012/06/18 04:51:41
    gracious43
    Homosexist cultures treat women like dirt. It is an historical reality.
  • gracious43 macy 2012/06/18 04:52:04
    gracious43
    No, you haven't proven it with logic.
  • macy gracious43 2012/06/18 04:52:50
    macy
    I have. Read my comments. For real this time.
  • gracious43 macy 2012/06/18 04:55:18
    gracious43
    Okay, so you are willing to acknowledge that sexual choices can be controlled. And I thank you for that. If you want more documentation, I will be glad to provide it. However it is not true that only 10% of a culture becomes homosexual. The more deviant a society is, the more homosexual it becomes.

In ancient Greece, 100% of all males were made homosexual during their teen-age years.
  • gracious43 macy 2012/06/18 05:24:12
    gracious43
    I've read everyone of them, my friend. Let me summarize your argument for you and you tell me whether I understand it.

Hormones control mating. Since sexual attraction is sometimes a factor in mating, then hormones must control sexual attraction.

Now let's compare it to this analogy.

Street lights control traffic. Since road-repair blocks are sometimes a factor in traffic, then street lights must control road-repair blocks.
  • macy gracious43 2012/06/19 23:32:51
    macy
    That was in ancient cultures where even their religion promoted misogyny.
  • macy gracious43 2012/06/19 23:34:12
    macy
    No, they weren't. Being homosexual and having a sexual interaction with someone of the same gender are not the same thing. Boys in ancient greece had nothing else to have sex with. They weren't actually attracted. Homosexuality is attraction.
  • macy gracious43 2012/06/19 23:36:11
    macy
    Your analogy is too broad. You are talking about two different types of traffic: which cars go first and where cars are blocked. Therefore, your analogy cannot be used.
  • macy gracious43 2012/06/19 23:37:23
    macy
    Also, there are hermaphrodites. There are men who have Klinefelter's syndrome. If men can have the anatomy of a woman, they can have the sexual preference of a woman.
  • gracious43 macy 2012/06/20 05:00:09
    gracious43
    Well now that is pretty astute of you to note that. As a matter of fact they also promoted homosexuality, and they appear to go hand in hand with each other. It has only been the Judeo/Christian religions that reject homosexuality, and they also are religions that demand compassion towards women.
  • gracious43 macy 2012/06/20 05:21:59 (edited)
    gracious43
    When a male has an erection, it is a little bit silly to state that they aren't sexually attracted.

homosexuality in ancient Greece

greek homosexuality

greek homosexuality
  • gracious43 macy 2012/06/20 05:28:53
    gracious43
    Well your linking of hormones and homosexuality is just as broad. Mating and sexual attraction are no more in common with each other than street-lights and traffic blocks.
  • gracious43 macy 2012/06/20 06:12:00 (edited)
    gracious43
    Klinefelter syndrome individuals are male. This is a scanned page from my clinical cytotology textbook about Klinefelters. Notice that it is not linked to homosexuality (6th line from the bottom.)

Klinefelter s
  • macy gracious43 2012/08/08 06:49:06
    macy
    +1
    True. But if a feminine trait was focused on one area, that would probably make the other areas of the mind and body more masculine.
  • macy gracious43 2012/08/08 06:50:30
    macy
    Well what about masturbation? They're not thinking about their hands sexually. Just because they're with a man doesn't mean they're not thinking about a woman.
  • macy gracious43 2012/08/08 06:52:12
    macy
    Mating in the animal kingdom is an instinct. Sexual attraction is based of off instincts that are intended towards mating. I'd say that's extremely similar.
  • gracious43 macy 2012/08/08 15:11:25
    gracious43
    I've lost track of what we were discussing. Are you discussing Klinefelters? These individuals are heterosexual.
  • gracious43 macy 2012/08/08 15:31:18
    gracious43
    I'm sorry, I have really lost track of this argument.

I assume you are suggesting that even if a woman is having sex with a man, she could still be fantasizing about a woman, making her still homosexual. However what we have not established, is that her thoughts are produced by biological processes.

A person could use their hand for sexual release and be thinking about children or animals, or feet or physically harming another person. That doesn't mean that these fantasies are originated from biological processes either.
  • gracious43 macy 2012/08/08 15:40:52
    gracious43
    Animals mount for a whole lot of reasons that are dissimilar to human sexuality. Pets can mount people because they smell a female on the person they are trying to mount. They can mount because they are attempting to show dominance.

And we have no reason at all to believe that animals screen sexual behavior in the same way that humans do
    Animals don't fall in love, they don't adopt a religious view, they don't regulate their sexual practices based on higher thinking.
  • macy gracious43 2012/08/08 23:31:09
    macy
    Eh, forget it. Bored of this argument.
  • jeane gracious43 2012/05/15 07:01:19
    jeane
    +1
    Wow I looked this up and it is true! I hadn't seen this one before. Thank you Gracious!
  • gracious43 jeane 2012/05/15 13:40:39
    gracious43
    +1
    Thanks! I try to document what I write to make it easy for people to fact-check me. But I don't know how well I succeed.
  • jeane gracious43 2012/05/15 15:32:08 (edited)
    jeane
    +1
    Very easy - you are a great teacher. I need to get better at documentation.
  • gracious43 jeane 2012/05/15 15:41:05
    gracious43
    +1
    You do fine. To be honest, I don't think most people care one way or the other anyway. They chose to believe or disbelieve based on bias, not facts. You are the few ones I know who has looked what I have stated up, to see if I was correct.

Acts 17:11
    Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.
  • jeane gracious43 2012/05/15 15:56:56
    jeane
    +1
    I am not looking it up to see if it is true - I am looking it up to learn more.
  • gracious43 jeane 2012/05/15 16:19:37
    gracious43
    +1
    Well you should fact-check everyone. No one is perfect, not even your friends, but thanks for the vote of confidence. :)
  • jeane macy 2012/05/06 21:29:14
    jeane
    +1
    The Nazi party was founded by many homosexuals who were later purged. Look up Ernst Rohm - a notorious homosexual as were his top cohorts..

Throughout the period of Hitler's rise to power, Ernst Röhm represented the militant wing of the Nazi Party as the chief organizer of the party militia known as the S.A. (Sturmabteilung) or the Brownshirts.
  • MARTHA Soms Co... 2012/06/17 22:10:28
    MARTHA
    YES, BECAUSE THIS IS GOD'S WORLD AND HE SAYS WHAT YOU DO WITH THE BODY HE GAVE YOU IS AN "ABOMINATION"
  • Soms Co... MARTHA 2012/06/18 08:11:02
    Soms Cougli
    Unfortunately for you, he also gave us free will. Believe and think what you want, but stop shoving it down my throat. I love my girlfriend, and there is nothing, and never will be anything, you can say about YOUR GOD that will ever change my mind. Keep your hate to yourself.
  • MARTHA Soms Co... 2012/06/17 22:05:28
    MARTHA
    YOU ARE TO BE PITTIED MY DEAR-I FEEL FOR YOUR MOMMAAND I 'LL BET SHE PRAYS FOR YOU1
  • Soms Co... MARTHA 2012/06/18 08:12:27
    Soms Cougli
    No, she doesn't, we're Pagan, she's had female partners in the past, she doesn't pray for me. And there is a prime example of the things you DON'T know. It's okay to be wrong sometimes.
    And I am not "to be pitied," I'm a perfectly happy and stable eighteen year old with a job and an education. I'll thank you not to judge me.
  • MARTHA gracious43 2012/06/17 22:02:36
    MARTHA
    +1
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMEN!!!

2014/11/24 17:16:11