Olympic Track Star Lolo Jones, 29, Says She's Waiting for Marriage to Have Sex: Admirable or Silly?

She's going for the gold, but she hasn't gone all the way. Olympic track star Lolo Jones, 29, says she's saving herself for marriage, calling it the "hardest thing I’ve ever done in my life." In fact, the American athlete confesses on HBO’s "Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel" that saving herself is "harder than training for the Olympics." Wow.

"I’ve been tempted," she admits. "I’ve had guys tell me, ‘You know, if you have sex, it will help you run faster. It’s just something, a gift I want to give to my husband. But, please understand, this journey has been hard." But that doesn't mean she isn't looking for love -- on the Internet. "This is what people do when they’re 29, single, in a house by themselves with a dog," she reveals.

Lolo Jones was favored to win the 100-meter hurdles at the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, but she tripped and finished seventh. She will compete at this summer’s Games in London. Do you think what Jones is doing -- or not doing -- is admirable or silly?

2014/09/23 22:34:14